Page 115 of 941 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 23523

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Thumbs up

Congrats on all the shinies people! Treat them nicely! ^^

My PC is full. Mostly Zorua. Got the Box Maxed medal and boasted a little to some friends. They're telling me I'm crazy to go ahead and hatch so many eggs of a single pokémon but I'm confident. Over 400 or so as of now. Hatching them on Black City, 5 at a time so I can get a neat hatching location.

QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something? Also what's your favorite method of hunting? MM? RE? Solely with the aid of the charms? Or just go for the 100% chance ones like Dratini, Gible or Gyarados?

Good luck to all!
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Yo Guys, congrats on all of the recent shinies, they were all deserved and it would take me hours to write them out by name. So major congrats!
    I started my Charmander mm properly today and so far am at 90 eggs, I am freed up again so hopefully I will have time to participate in Febuary's CH after this hunt. I would start it now only I love shiny charizard to bits <3.
    @Dangertrout, can you verify that Charizard with his dark red wings doesn't count. I'm sure I heard you say that shinies who evolve to red/pink don't count.

Thanks and GL!
    Charizard would not count because it has to be evolved to that stage. However, having just looked at the BW2 sprite for Charmander, I do see a red mouth. So it could count for the CH if you wish. (Personally I'd prefer everyone pick targets that have a decent amount of pink or red, but the rules do say "any" amount, so I'll let it slide)

On the topic of Linoone, I stared at it until my eyes bled, it really looks orange to me. Maybe a reddish brown... but not red. sorry
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Wow, a flurry of shinies recently! Congrats on all of the great shinies!

As for me, 8,730 REs doesn't scream short hunt does it? Technically, I am only at 4,365 Battles, but it is still a bit longer than I expected.
    Snivy is at 400 SRs, so Lunafloon, you might be on for a race...in fact, would you mind racing for Snivy?
    My Route 32 hunt is at 1,201 REs, whilst Route 3 is at 550 REs, but I chose to use Black and White for Route 3.

Good luck all!
    I just asked Lunafloon the same thing a little bit ago. So I'll join in on this race.

Well I hit it hard last night for Snivy and I plan on doing so again today. Maybe I'll catch on to all this good luck everyone is having. Congrats to the huge amount of people who got shimies and good luck to everyone still hunting!

Yes, that would be excellent HGaddict. I am only at 475 SRs, but that's good.

9,322 REs in Eterna Forest.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Congrats on all the shinies people! Treat them nicely! ^^

My PC is full. Mostly Zorua. Got the Box Maxed medal and boasted a little to some friends. They're telling me I'm crazy to go ahead and hatch so many eggs of a single pokémon but I'm confident. Over 400 or so as of now. Hatching them on Black City, 5 at a time so I can get a neat hatching location.

QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something? Also what's your favorite method of hunting? MM? RE? Solely with the aid of the charms? Or just go for the 100% chance ones like Dratini, Gible or Gyarados?

Good luck to all!
    I collect 5 eggs at a time before hatching them with the Nursery from Join Avenue. If there's no shiny I SR and re-collect another 5 eggs. I count my eggs simply by counting the number of times I do this - Lets say I did this process 22 times. It means the number of eggs I hatched is 5 x 22 = 110. At the end of the day I just point down on a notepad document the numer of times I did this

On the CH subject. Its seems I'll continue to hatch Sentret eggs this month hopefuly this CH will be sucessful
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Right now I'm at 6064 Magnemite encounters.... and it's been like 3 weeks since my Shiny Patrat. I'm thinking about starting up my Chimchar SR hunt after I get this magnemite, and maybe MMing chimchar's in Black 2 as well as SRing in Pearl.

Congrats on everyone's hunts by the way! And GL on all future hunts!
    CURRENT SHINIES:
    -TRADE-RE-RE-Trade

CURRENT HUNTS:
    -MM/RE-SR

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yes, that would be excellent HGaddict. I am only at 475 SRs, but that's good.

9,322 REs in Eterna Forest.
    That's alright I've only been at it for a few days myself. Well then, let the race begin! Good luck

70 eggs so far for Wobbuffet and nothing, but I feel I've made a good start to this CH

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    I collect 5 eggs at a time before hatching them with the Nursery from Join Avenue. If there's no shiny I SR and re-collect another 5 eggs. I count my eggs simply by counting the number of times I do this - Lets say I did this process 22 times. It means the number of eggs I hatched is 5 x 22 = 110. At the end of the day I just point down on a notepad document the numer of times I did this
    Thank you so much! I'm a newbie at this! And that method of the Hatchery; of course! And soft resetting! I just hatch the eggs and store them so my egg count increases but that's not significant after all :P

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted, or so it feels like it. There's way too many shinies for me to congratulate since last time, so hopefully a general "Congrats!" to everyone who got a shiny recently will do.

As for my hunts, it's still a shame that my BQ hunt won't give me any CH completion, but I'm still going strong RE'ing for these last few days before I get Fire Emblem: Awakening. Now at 4260 RE's, so I've passed my RE count for 2 of my past BQ shinies, almost 3. I'm hoping to get a lot of progress these next two days, and hopefully I can get a shiny. And with that, good luck to everyone else on your hunts!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I am over 1,500 soft reset Driftloon. Going pause for moment and try to hatch dunsparce. I had no luck finding a foreign one.

Also, I was going to do a mareep but I didnt know if she was purple or pink.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Quickly asking, does Rotom count for the CH?

Saaatoshi!

Hi everyone congrats on the recent shinies! especially that vulpix I'm jealous xD

I just wanted to update on my hunts im continuing to hunt for drifloon now @ 7768 SRs and im also hunting for the next shiny of my white 2 BQ i
    need calculate how much im at for that just hoping something would shine soon best of luck to those BQers and those just stuck on a ridiculously long
    hunt heres to hoping for a good febuary and i wanna do this community hunt :I
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Is it possible to have a shiny pokemon with its hidden ability? I already have a female Herdier with its hidden ability and a male herdier but I'm not sure if it will work. I know it's not programmed to happen inside the Hidden Grottos but I'm breeding a Lillipup with a DW Herdier and I would like to know for sure if I can hatch a shiny one with Run Away.

Quick question!

I'm pacing back and forth on the Daycare. Is the egg's shininess, nature, IVs etc. determined when he shouts for me to pick it up or when I really pick it up?

@Royal_Qeca - Yes its possible, the hidden ability has a 60% percent chance of passing down to the offspring. Make sure the mother has the hidden ability though.

@SharpedoX - All of it is determined when you actually pick it from the daycare man.

@supersmew - Shiny Rotom is pretty Red so I'm sure It'll count for the CH.

Good luck you guys!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 2nd February 2013 at 9:35 PM.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

Ahahaha! Got another shiny in less than a day! I can't say I was completely surprised, because I was prepared for just that possibility. I was catching Dittos, trying to get one with multiple max IVs (low, low odds) to breed a Porygon with good IVs, and a shiny Lunatone popped up alongside a Piloswine. I should have taken a picture of the actual encounter, but I was too focused on getting it. I have a Damp DW Parasect (after watching countless Solrocks and Lunatones explode, I knew this day would come). Whacked the Piloswine with a single-target attack, paralyzed the Lunatone, didn't even bother taking off a sliver of health, and caught it with a single pokeball. It has remarkably good stats in everything but Special Attack. >_>

Lunatone's not exactly high on my list of likes, but I do admit the blue eye is rather appealing. Lunatone evolution for Gen VI, pretty please?

Guess I'll keep catching Dittos; I don't RE nearly as much as other people.

Pictures of the Poliwag I hatched last night:
    http://i.imgur.com/PAZOnyM.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/8D6AqmH.jpg

And the Lunatone from this afternoon:
    http://i.imgur.com/WWKIr9l.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zsZEAh9.jpg

Throwing this out there, I am looking for a legit shiny Emolga. I will offer shinies and dream worlds. PM if so...pleaseee.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

It's been a really long time since I posted here. Have been doing a bunch of hunting, but no shinies. :/ My White 2 file passed the odds without a shiny.

Congrats to all those shinies that have been found! I've been reading all your posts about them.
    Got my copy of X!

Stopping for the night with 6450 Magnemite encounters! That's almost 900 today!
    CURRENT SHINIES:
    -TRADE-RE-RE-Trade

CURRENT HUNTS:
    -MM/RE-SR

Went to the Bug Catching contest in HG for a scyther. Caught one and tried going for a male. Ended up finding my first shiny which turned into a caterpie! So now I have a shiny butterfree on my HG team!
        Spoiler:- Credit:

I'd like to congradulate everyone on there recent shinies!

Sill procrastinating on my SS BadgeQuest, and still getting that Shiny Charm in White 2

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Hey everyone! New member to Serebii Forums but I've browsed through them a lot. Just wanted to say congrats to every single one of you on here that have gotten shinies! Im currently hunting in Black 2 at the Village Bridge and just hit 425 random encounters. I'm really hoping to get a shiny Zangoose but I'll take whatever comes. Here is to hoping that everyone here gets there shinys and soon!
    Always looking for shiny trades!!

3DS FC: 2036-7189-1082
    IGN Pokemon Y: Andrea

Just a suggestion but you could use the repel trick in the dark grass at Village Bridge to make only Zangoose and Seviper appear if you have a level 43 pokemon at the front of your party. I got my shiny Zangoose this way.

Quote Originally Posted by DittoPokemon97 View Post
    Hey everyone! New member to Serebii Forums but I've browsed through them a lot. Just wanted to say congrats to every single one of you on here that have gotten shinies! Im currently hunting in Black 2 at the Village Bridge and just hit 425 random encounters. I'm really hoping to get a shiny Zangoose but I'll take whatever comes. Here is to hoping that everyone here gets there shinys and soon!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Just a suggestion but you could use the repel trick in the dark grass at Village Bridge to make only Zangoose and Seviper appear if you have a level 43 pokemon at the front of your party. I got my shiny Zangoose this way.
    Thanks for the tip but I feel more comfortable having my lvl. 100 Smeargle with Spore and False Swipe up front. I know that it leaves more up to chance but it makes me feel better knowing I don't have to waste a turn switching.
    Always looking for shiny trades!!

3DS FC: 2036-7189-1082
    IGN Pokemon Y: Andrea

Page 115 of 941 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast