Page 116 of 890 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 22241

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Question: In random wild encounters, does Synchronize (fainted Munna, for instance) stack with Illuminate?

I'm SR for eggs now. Not that confident but we'll see. Lost the track of eggs sadly!
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

I'm pretty confident about getting a shiny tomorrow, since I have a four hour car drive ahead of me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Oh wow! (well i was hoping i could hatch it for last months CH but just missed out....) I hatched a shiny Cleffa and although i missed last months CH it is mostly pink so it can count for this month! Wow. Community hunt complete! and it is my first CH i've done too so thank you Cleffa you really are a star!

Edit - oh and just for information i did collect the egg on the 31st Jan but hatched it on the 2nd Feb so it was a bit annoying not getting to it in time for last month but as it fits the theme of this months CH too i am pleased.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 3rd February 2013 at 1:19 AM.
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Oh wow! (well i was hoping i could hatch it for last months CH but just missed out....) I hatched a shiny Cleffa and although i missed last months CH it is mostly pink so it can count for this month! Wow. Community hunt complete! and it is my first CH i've done too so thank you Cleffa you really are a star!
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something?
    nickname the hatched Pokemon with their number. The first one that hatched is 001, the second one is 002, and so on. I don't have enough space in my PC, so I just go with the "hatch 5 then release" routine. However, I do have 1 empty spot in my box reserved for the last hatched Pokemon, just in case I want to stop hatching for a while.

Question: In random wild encounters, does Synchronize (fainted Munna, for instance) stack with Illuminate?
    Only the lead has its ability activated, and since the lead is Munna, only Munna's Synchronize will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Charizard would not count because it has to be evolved to that stage. However, having just looked at the BW2 sprite for Charmander, I do see a red mouth. So it could count for the CH if you wish. (Personally I'd prefer everyone pick targets that have a decent amount of pink or red, but the rules do say "any" amount, so I'll let it slide)

On the topic of Linoone, I stared at it until my eyes bled, it really looks orange to me. Maybe a reddish brown... but not red. sorry
    And the flame on the tip of Charmander's tail is red (and yellow).
    So yeah, Charmander should be counted for the CH.

As for Linoone, I already said it as well, but seems like people missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I think I will grab a Linoone or a Solrock. Probs a Linoone, cuz he's boss.
    if it's for the CH, I think you can only pick Solrock. I don't think Shiny Linoone has red at all, it looks more like brown with gold eyes.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Hey guys. I'm a shiny hunter, and I'm new here.

After 514 eggs with the shiny charm shiny Squirtle hatched. It's male and has careful nature and is very finicky. Can't upload a picture of it because I think the camera has gone on my macbook cause it says no camera detected on my imovie and iphoto. Now I have all the Kanto starters shiny. I think I'm going to go for cyndaquil next because it is the last of the johto starters I need shiny.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I'm lovin' February so far! After only 526 encounters a shiny Stantler appears in my white version.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8d00c3ab.jpg

Its not Bronzong but Stantler has been on my want list for awhile so its great that I finally have one. :] So now I'll be going into round 3 at Abundant shrine for Bronzong.. hopefully this doesn't end up being like my female combee hunt when I get every other shiny except the one I want the most lol. Anywayz, gratz on the shiny Squirtle and Cleffa and good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Congrats on Shiny Stantler! It looks like a really amazing shiny.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

So after transferring my shiny Chikorita from my Heart Gold to my Black version, I decided I would restart my Heart Gold file to try to get another of the shiny starters. Turns out that along with a decently workable nature that Chikorita has REALLY amazing IVs (three of them are between 28-31, no low numbers), so its on my list of Pokemon to EV. After one two hours' worth of SRing on the new Heart Gold file, I got my starter... ANOTHER CHIKORITA. XDDDD First time I've ever FACEPALMED while getting a shiny. While post a pic of him when I can.

Also, my dream of chaining shinies has come to an end... my ex now wants every single gift he's ever given me back, which includes my Platinum cartridge. So long, Platinum. I'll miss you. :'( Was gonna use that game for the February community hunt but meh....

My shiny Pokemon:

-- Zira -- Florence -- Trick -- Brimstone -- Fleece -- Robin -- Horace --

Heart Gold FC: 0948-7530-2951

Pokemon Black FC: 2924-4380-1565

Pokemon Y FC: 1547-5454-3033 (Sunkern, Swadloon in safari)

Just say you lost Platinum.

Thats rather slack on your ex's part sorry to hear that.

I've now reached a total of 720 eggs hatched for Venipede and I'm just about ready to start hatching the next batch. If I can get Venipede to shine soonish I think I'll take part in the CH and MM Skorupi or Duskull, I've always been a fan of their shiny sprites.

Congrats on Chikorita, Stantler, Squirtle and any others I missed.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Quote Originally Posted by DittoPokemon97 View Post
    Im currently hunting in Black 2 at the Village Bridge
    I got a shiny Golduck at Village Bridge fairly recently on White 2, so good luck! I plan to go back one day for Marill, Seviper or Zangoose!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Snivy is at 400 SRs, so Lunafloon, you might be on for a race...in fact, would you mind racing for Snivy?
    Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    I just asked Lunafloon the same thing a little bit ago. So I'll join in on this race.
    Sorry for the late reply, I didn't have anything to update so I didn't want to post and spam the thread, but I'd happily race you both! I'm at 675 Snivys now, going to hit 700 before bed since I spent all day hatching Pokémon for the boyfriends National Dex completion!
    Tomorrow I'm hoping (no promises) to reach 850-900 Snivy's!

Anyways, this is just a small update, congrats to everyone on your shinies, sorry I don't have time to congratulate you all but it's really early in the morning (4:40am...) and I haven't slept yet! I have a terrible sleep pattern... I'll be jumping into bed right after these 25 Snivy SR's!
    Good luck to all on your hunts also!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Congrats to JohnNiles on Poliwag, pxm 1 on Sandile (4 shinies and you haven't even hit 8k encounters! Epic!), Royal Qeca on Mesprit, JohnNiles again on Lunatone, ShoesThief on Caterpie, Scrufox86 on Cleffa, Shiny Lord on Squirtle, City of Delusion on Stantler, Demysta on Chikorita,

OMG.
    SHINY

FRICKIN

EEVEE,

FUUUUUUUDGE.

I was just watching Michelle Glavan on YT and I look down after an encounter and my Eevee was WHITE! I think for a split second I was dumbfounded because my only reaction was my jaw literally fell open. My volume wasn't on, but I guess the Youtube vid was loud enough that I didn't hear the sparkles

It's just sitting here now. I haven't done a thing yet. I'll have to take a picture and stuff! MY FIRST COMPLETED HUNT!! And on the shiny I wanted most and the one I wanted to be my first completed hunt ever!

This was also the first time I went back to hunting Eevee since I started my Platinum BQ on January 20th. And what a great choice it was to go back, because 41 encounters later, I have a shiny Eevee It's also male, which I wanted. It's also at night, which I wanted just because it's appropriate since he'll be evolving into an Umbreon.

Gonna try to get a pic of it and probably a video too. Hope I don't kill it >.<

EDIT: Thanks again, Shiny Lord

And I caught it; no accidental running away or hitting the wrong move to OHKO it...And I saved (albeit minutes after, should have done it right away!). But I was under pressure because I was filming it (and I forgot to show that there wasn't a cheating device or w/e).

But now, I have a question that I've asked before, but have been waiting till I caught it to ask it again. So...

Here are my encounters:
    -6,193 encounters since my Litwick, according to my Trainers card (ie. Not counting double battles, just like my Litwick)
    -5,341 Eevee encounters (only counting Eevees during my hunting period and not other things like Audino, and not counting double encounters)
    -5,413 Eevee encounters (same as above, except counting the times a double Eevee encounter occurred)

Which do you think I should count as how many REs this hunt took =\? I'm kind of leaning towards the first one, just to keep it the same as my Litwick...I know this is a stupid question and getting too technical, but I'm curious =\

EDIT 2: Brave nature (+Atk, -Speed), so I guess not great for an Umbreon, although I do like to have all my Pokemon as offense (even defensive ones like Umbreon), so...Also, Somewhat of a Clown.

IVs aren't great. Looks to be about HP: 19, Atk: 19, Def: 18, Sp. A: 7, Sp. D: 15, Spd: 28...But hey, it's a shiny!

Lemme just put the picture of the encounter here and I'll cease this ridiculously long post x.X

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4ad794c1.jpg
    Last edited by Cpchris; 3rd February 2013 at 6:19 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats again on shiny Eevee!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post

This was also the first time I went back to hunting Eevee since I started my Platinum BQ on January 20th. And what a great choice it was to go back, because 41 encounters later, I have a shiny Eevee It's also male, which I wanted. It's also at night, which I wanted just because it's appropriate since he'll be evolving into an Umbreon.

Gonna try to get a pic of it and probably a video too. Hope I don't kill it >.<
    Or you could hold off for a few months and see if Gamefreak leaks designs for Gen VI eeveelutions. I'm hoping it happens. I'm saving mine for a while.

About the accidental killing thing- I don't even lower health on mine. Catch rates seem pretty generous in Gen V. I just paralyze and start tossing pokeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Ridley View Post
    Just say you lost Platinum.
    Wish I could. He knows I practically worship my games and keep them hidden. Its okay. School has left me with almost no time to play that one. XD

So far in my hunts, I'm at 250 eggs for Sneasel (school got in the way), and I'm on my second badge quest shiny in Heart Gold which I hope will be a Gastly! At around 100 encounters for that one. Hope I get quick hunts again!

My shiny Pokemon:

-- Zira -- Florence -- Trick -- Brimstone -- Fleece -- Robin -- Horace --

Heart Gold FC: 0948-7530-2951

Pokemon Black FC: 2924-4380-1565

Pokemon Y FC: 1547-5454-3033 (Sunkern, Swadloon in safari)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Or you could hold off for a few months and see if Gamefreak leaks designs for Gen VI eeveelutions. I'm hoping it happens. I'm saving mine for a while.

About the accidental killing thing- I don't even lower health on mine. Catch rates seem pretty generous in Gen V. I just paralyze and start tossing pokeballs.
    That's true, but Umbreon is my favorite pokemon and luckily enough, an awesome shiny. He just has to be an Umbreon Maybe I'll go after another if there's an Eeveelution I like a lot in the next gen
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

When I get my DS back tomorrow, I'll go Shiny Breeding. This is first time I'll do that. Back then I wanted to breed a Shiny Zorua, but gave up after 10-20 eggs. I hope I won't give up again.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Congrats on that Eevee, Cpchris, it certainly feels great when you obtain a shiny you really want. I find it feels even greater when you continue a previous hunt and you finally obtained that shiny you tried to go for previously but never obtained it! And Umbreon is an awesome shiny! = D

I'll possibly hatch for Eevee one day, if I have the patience to do so because of the high step count, and go for possibly two just for Umbreon on Vaporeon!

And congrats to anyone else who obtained their shinies, looks like that lucky streak is still going on!

I just hatched 120 Aipom eggs and I just wanted to say that this hunt is absolute torture! I don't know if I'm just seeing what I want to see but when Aipom hatches sometimes the colouring of the hatch animation is really bright and tones the purple colour on Aipom pink so I keep thinking I hatch the shiny until I realise that it's purple. Darn you, game! >.<

Well, I'm off, so good luck everyone!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

Congrats on all the shinies people! Treat them nicely! ^^

My PC is full. Mostly Zorua. Got the Box Maxed medal and boasted a little to some friends. They're telling me I'm crazy to go ahead and hatch so many eggs of a single pokémon but I'm confident. Over 400 or so as of now. Hatching them on Black City, 5 at a time so I can get a neat hatching location.

QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something? Also what's your favorite method of hunting? MM? RE? Solely with the aid of the charms? Or just go for the 100% chance ones like Dratini, Gible or Gyarados?

Good luck to all!
    I don't exactly "count". I just make rough estimates on what I hatched. I estimated my charmander hunt because I had roughly 4.5 boxes worth.

I think I'm dropping my Zorua hunt for a bit. Over 500 eggs or so and still nothing... I'm tired. I'm not that hardcore when it gets to hatch hundreds upon hundreds of them.

I'm training a Watchog (@Illuminate with Foresight, Super Fang and Hypnosis) to level 43 to take to Village Bridge to hunt for Seviper and Zangoose on the dark grass. Wish me luck!

And thank you so much to the ones that devoted time to my questions; you answered them perfectly
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Met a Staravia on a random encounter earlier today. It had Timid nature, so I let it go

Congrats on all the shinies people! Treat them nicely! ^^

My PC is full. Mostly Zorua. Got the Box Maxed medal and boasted a little to some friends. They're telling me I'm crazy to go ahead and hatch so many eggs of a single pokémon but I'm confident. Over 400 or so as of now. Hatching them on Black City, 5 at a time so I can get a neat hatching location.

QUESTION: How do you guys and gals keep count on the number of eggs? You just deposit them on the PC until it's full or something? Also what's your favorite method of hunting? MM? RE? Solely with the aid of the charms? Or just go for the 100% chance ones like Dratini, Gible or Gyarados?

Good luck to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    I don't exactly "count". I just make rough estimates on what I hatched. I estimated my charmander hunt because I had roughly 4.5 boxes worth.
    Hello. Well i try different methos with my egg hatching. I fill up a certain number of boxes and then get either two or three new eggs from daycare man and then the remanining from the boxes until there are no eggs left. I then repeat. So right now i am getting two new eggs and three from the 6 boxes i have saved eggs in. It can work out to be 50+ eggs hatched by one box this way. So i don't have exact amounts i work out roughly how much i have hatched and give that number. So if i hatch 3 boxes and i find my shiny then it'll be around 150ish going by my current method.

By the way congratulations on all recent shinies everyone i have read about so many since i posted about my shiny Cleffa. Oh and good luck to anyone else doing the CH this month i hope you get yours.
    Shinies are good.

Random question: Do you have a preferred location to hatch your eggs or you just do it in the largest areas to save time? I have a liking to Black City as of late. I just like seeing the hatched location as such. Probably a bit of a paranoia of myself
    Most of my eggs get hatched on Route 3. However, I do have an Oddish that hatched in those underwater ruins which I thought was pretty cool. I wasn't aiming to hatch it there but it happened to be in my party at the time. I called it Byssi (for Abyssal Ruins).

Currently at 7841 REs. I'm aiming to get something in under 12000 as, although the odds are 8192, the odds for 2 pokemon are 16200 and, as my previous shiny was at just over 4000, I figure I've got about 12000 left. >.<

Might take a little longer though as I just started a save file on Soul Silver. Not gonna spend too much time on it, I just want to get a Groudon and that seemed like the quickest way (I don't like trading). So yeah, gonna try and speed through that too.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1100 REs ##### W - SRing for a starter - 300 SRs ##### X - Route 10 - 161 REs

Hey guys,Congratz on all the new shinies.Eevee,stantler,cleffa,Chikorita and all the others I may have missed.
    So,a quick update on my CH.So far I've hatched 240 eegs for Cyndaquil.
    Anyways,Today I was Catching some pokemon for my pokedex and guess who I ran into!A shiny Tropius.I never got 2 random shinies on 1 file so I'm pretty excited.
    I need help with a name though.Any suggestions?^-^
    P.s this happened on my black.I still haven't gotten my BW2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Page 116 of 890 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast