Page 12 of 941 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Now I've finished scraping my jaw off the floor.

I decided to move on from Route 18 for the time being as I didn't want to get another shiny Throh. After looking through the different locations, I ended up selecting Route 9. My list of most wanted-> least wanted was roughly this:

- Liepard - been wanting a shiny Liepard for a bit now
    - Garbador- don't care for the Pokémon, but love how bright the shiny is
    - Mincinno- not too keen on the shiny, especially when it evolves but like the Pokémon overall
    - Pawniard- not too thrilled by the shiny again, but it is an interesting Pokémon
    - Muk- so-so, both on the shiny form and the actual Pokémon
    - Duosion- have already caught a shiny Solosis and fully evolved it

Even with an Illuminate Watchog out front, I was having a really low encounter rate. I'm not sure why or if the game was just being weird at that point. But it's a bit of a moot point because within half an hour of starting, this happened.

I had a bit of a freakout and then proceded to catch her easily in a Heal Ball. She has a Naughty nature and Technician as her ability. I don't know if I will be evolving her yet.

I'm not sure what to do next. I might go for a SR target. I was thinking about Terrakion/Virizion, but their long battle intro puts me off a bit. Maybe Heatran or one of the pixies.

Congrats on the shiny Registeel and all the others!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    I wouldn't say it's useless. For all we know male Combees might get an evolution next gen.
    True, but for now it's totally lame to get a male Combee no matter how you cut it. xD;

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    You probably should have chosen the username "Useful" :P
    Lol, good one.

Who knows maybe then I would have run into a Roselia, Venipede, Cottonee, Swadloon, or Heracross. Ah well, the hunt continues.
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

Finally reached 200 medals, and started hunting in Chargestone Cave. My RE count is now 255 and going, so I've got a nice start today. I decided to not use a Magnet Pull user after all, and I caught myself a wild Watchog from Route 1 to use while hunting. Level 66, and thankfully Illuminate, so I have things a lot easier when a shiny appears. N's pokemon kept surprising me, but now that I caught them, they won't be surprising me anymore. A question about Watchog: what moves should I be teaching it? Mine now know Super Fang, Thunder Wave, Hypnosis(for anything T-Wave can't hit), and Mean Look(lack of better move). Anything I'm missing?
    Super Fang is supposed to be false swipe LOL

Just realized this: So, i have 2 shiny marill, and ive been training one at a time, so this one is lvl 63 right now, and its egg move super power hasnt been doing much. below 50 i though i just though its attack was too low even with huge power. but now its really weak with it and i just realized: ITS ABILITY IS THICK FAT. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( MEGA UPSET. but the other one has huge power so im alllll gooood

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well personally, I suggest starting out with your favorite pokemon, like I did. If your looking to make the career less long and painful, in BW2 you can complete the PokeDex and get the shiny charm which will greatly increase the chance of finding a shiny. The easiest hunts are random encounters, where you find an area with pokemon that you would like to have a shinies, and you run around in the grass until you find one.
    In that case, it's off to Chargestone Cave with my lvl 100 magnet pull Magnezone! I've already done about 300 REs now, and this is much more fun than I expected!

first of all, congrats on all these shinies im seeing
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I now also know that my next hunt must be either Route 35 or Ho-Oh
    you should go for ho-oh, its SRing and all which is the toughest way but its definitely worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Welp... that's it for me for tonight. I did hit the 12,000 mark like I predicted.
    unlucky kitty, hope you get the shiny soon and you dont have a stupidly long drought, my worst is 35,000+ thats why im trying to get this shiny charm but its harder than i thought lol

a couple of quick questions:
    1) anybody who has the shiny charm, is it worth it?

2) i've been looking at this nursery thing you can do to hatch eggs faster, is it worth getting to join avenue level 15?

and good luck on all you peeps who don't have your shiny yet
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Once again, I've been on a bit of a hunting hiatus, but that's mainly because I recently got Sapphire and Platinum. I will, however, continue my Cranidos hunt soon, and when Platinum is complete, I will pick up my forgotten hunt for a shiny Starly or Noctowl.

Meanwhile, on Black 1, I'm considering dropping my Chargestone cave hunt in the favour of a different route, as long as it's easy for Shinirek, my Watchog, to stand up to the Pokemon, and as long as I can catch the Pokemon in a Quick or Ultra ball without weakening.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Well finally! after 15,602 encounters on route 14 something finally shines!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...Ballonatic.jpg

Yess!! Always wanted this shiny and I'm so glad this hunt is over!@ The nature is Mild and it has Unburden which is nice. I think I'm gonna move to route 15 next since I never hunted there, mostly hoping for anything except Gligar. But gratz everyone on all the shinies lately! Special gratz to Dan on his Registeel and Zenn on Vibrava, looks like you're gonna finish your BQ first! Btw don't you have to beat Skyla first to get into Reversal Mountain? I call foul! lol jk =p Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

Nice, drifblim is one of my favorite shinies, it took me three hunts to get one. Well I got up to 4,000 encounters in my hunt, I'm thinking it'll appear in the 6,000 to 7,000 range. My black 2 is coming up on the odds, and my white version is really lucky. I've found maybe 9 shinies on that game in 30,000 encounters total so ill either get it by luck on my white, or by just coming up on the odds on my black 2.

Well, I might reach 3,000 a little earlier. I put in a good amount for 2,225 SRs now, and Cliks is doing fine in Black.

Congratulations Delusion on that lovely Drifblim, and also to Murkrow on your neat Minccino!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

FML, after 2658 Random Encounters I came across a Shiny Solrock, not my target but héy. It was a double battle so I couldn't throw my Masterball at it, since I learn it has explosion. It explode just before I wanted to throw masterball.

Arghhh.

Gonna continue my trip here at this route, I want a freaking Shiny Metang!

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Super Fang is supposed to be false swipe LOL
    Watchog can't learn False Swipe, though. And I prefer Super Fang for shinies that decide to use Take Down or other recoil moves, so I don't want False Swipe. I'm mainly wondering if Mean Look is worth keeping. Meanwhile, my RE count is 480 in Chargestone Cave, and I plan to hunt more today, so I'm getting great progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz
    FML, after 2658 Random Encounters I came across a Shiny Solrock, not my target but héy. It was a double battle so I couldn't throw my Masterball at it, since I learn it has explosion. It explode just before I wanted to throw masterball.
    Oh no! Another shiny explodes... I'm sorry for the loss of that Solrock you have there. It's great that you have the determination to keep hunting there still. Good luck to you!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

ouch, sorry about the Solrock. Though it does remind me of something to add to the FAQ and to mention to hunters who are after exploding / self destructing shinies: pokemon with the ability Damp prevent those moves from working. You don't have to lead with the Damp pokemon, because when you select switch, the attempt to explode would happen after the Damp pokemon enters battle. So you can still use Illuminate pokemon to get more encounters
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh no! Another shiny explodes... I'm sorry for the loss of that Solrock you have there. It's great that you have the determination to keep hunting there still. Good luck to you!
    =\ Yeah, I didn't knew that SoB could use explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    ouch, sorry about the Solrock. Though it does remind me of something to add to the FAQ and to mention to hunters who are after exploding / self destructing shinies: pokemon with the ability Damp prevent those moves from working. You don't have to lead with the Damp pokemon, because when you select switch, the attempt to explode would happen after the Damp pokemon enters battle. So you can still use Illuminate pokemon to get more encounters
    Well, I'm not after Solrock/Lunatone but I didn't knew about the Damp Ability, So they won't hurt them self. But thanks to you I will be catching a level 65 Golduck with Damp. As for my leading Pokémon, I'm using a magnemite for Magnet Pull, since I really love a Shiny Metagross.

2 Shiny Encounters in 3 days, my goal is having every Giant Chasm Double Plains Pokémon shiny. So I will be there for a while, and every double shiny's I get, I will try and trade them for event Pokémon. ( Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Arcues, Keldeo, Meloetta)

This is the list of Pokémon: (Random Order ofc.)
    - Clefairy
    - Lunatone
    - Solrock (2658) (Failed, SoB exploded.) 18-11-2012
    - Delibird
    - Ditto
    - Metang
    - Piloswine (4,330) (Done and Caught.) - 16-11-2012

Wish me luck!

EDIT: I only hunt shiny's while I'm watching TV or being bored, so it's not a big cry for me. I just said and I quote: "Crap."
    Last edited by Dylz; 19th November 2012 at 12:41 AM.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/215740.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/233827.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/233817.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/233842.jpg

7,214 encounters, and this shows up! Glad it wasn't Patrat! Caught after paralyzing and chucking a Premier Ball at it. The Growlithe took a while to KO...

In case you can't see the stats clearly...

HP 30/30
    Attack 15
    Defense 25
    Sp. Atk 32
    Sp. Def 19
    Speed 17

Ability: Sturdy (really happy with this)

May as well ask - is Lax nature good for Magnemite?
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 19th November 2012 at 12:50 AM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

9,600 REs

Congratulations Master, time to update your signature!

Time for me to go to sleep, happy hunting guys! *Has nightmares about a Shiny Solrock that keeps exploding*

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/215740.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/233827.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/233817.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/233842.jpg

7,214 encounters, and this shows up! Glad it wasn't Patrat! Caught after paralyzing and chucking a Premier Ball at it. The Growlithe took a while to KO...

In case you can't see the stats clearly...

HP 30/30
    Attack 15
    Defense 25
    Sp. Atk 32
    Sp. Def 19
    Speed 17

Ability: Sturdy (really happy with this)

Thats awesome congratulations to you nice shiny and congratulations to city of delusion on the drifblim
    as for me now @5980 SRs for shiny oshawott thx for the motivation guys it really helps gl on all your hunts
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Lax isn't exactly good for anything in the game, though it can't be bad having his great defense boosted a bit more. Looks like Roxie isn't going to stand a chance though, since he can already solo the gym at that level.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Thanks guys! Just plugged the stats into the IV calculator, and these are the results...

HP: 4-11
    Attack: 7-14
    Defense: 0-6 (not great, however you look at it)
    Sp. Atk: 18-25 (not bad)
    Sp. Def: 28 (shame this wasn't Defense!)
    Speed: 3-9 (pretty bad, but good for moves with slow Speed like Gyro Ball, but may stick with Flash Cannon)
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

9,600 REs

Congrats on the shiny Magnemite, Master. We've found the same shinies so far in our B/W 2 badge quests. ^.^

I've passed 10,000 encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest shiny. I wonder if it'll end up taking longer than my shiny Snivy did...

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Wasn't expecting to be back this soon, but I am. I found a shiny Magnemite in Virbank Complex. It was entirely accidental, but I caught it. Unfortunately used Magnezone for my first playthrough, so I probably won't use it again. Good luck to all hunting, and congratulations to all!

Edit: Nice, Master! We got the same shinies, too!

Edit2: Once I finish White 2, I will be hunting (somehow...) for a shiny Shaymin.
    Last edited by Moonrox; 19th November 2012 at 1:51 AM.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

o.o Wow gratz on the Magnemite's lol It seems they like to shine a lot at Virbank Complex! Really hope Mandibuzz shines soon, can't wait to start the PWT! Good luck everyone especially Cocoa.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

I just hit 6035 SRs and congrats on both those magnemites
    gl to you on the mandibuzz i hope its possible for it to shine and Helio on her 10k hunt
    I have a question as well - when do you get the tirtouga and archen fossil in the game?
    OH yeah and my birthday is tommorow
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 19th November 2012 at 2:57 AM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Today I found my first 1/8192 shiny in FireRed.

It was a Weedle. Not just any Weedle, though. It was one of the millions that the Old Man in Viridian city has caught.

Oh well. Back to hunting for Trapinch.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    I have a question as well - when do you get the tirtouga and archen fossil in the game?
    OH yeah and my birthday is tommorow
    That game of yours better give you a shiny Oshawott by tomorrow then.
    And the fossils aren't available until post-game, sadly.

6,500 RE now at Chargestone cave! Come on something shine!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Page 12 of 941 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast