Page 120 of 908 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 22688

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats to JAWAYami on Ferroseed (sorry it wasn't that Tynamo you were repel tricking for), Markasdarkas on Registeel, and JAWAYami again on (a super-fast) Dratini!

Got my video up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWvmaSMhnE0

Also, when I was about to start training, I checked to make sure the encounters on my trainer card were what I thought they were (I write it down on the sheet I keep track of encounters on each day), and I apparently did 50 more encounters at Virbank than I originally thought

So today, I did another 150 SRs for Piplup (ending on 2k total SRs), as well as 300 REs at Virbank, finishing up EV training my Umbreon in the process. After that, I decided to go fight Hugh in Driftveil since I never did that, and realized he was there when I was calling everyone (since I'd been calling Bianca about Eevee's happiness)...So I gave my original non-shiny Umbreon a lucky egg for the XP boost, since he was still only level 92, and then I gave my shiny Umbreon an Exp. Share. Then after that, I fought Alder and then went to do Black Tower for the first time, figuring I can train up my original Umbreon, train up my shiny Umbreon, get money, and get a shiny Gible all in one go. On tier 4 at the moment, and trying to only use my non-shiny Umbreon.

But now I have to go to work (don't usually work at night ), so that's about all I'm getting done today.

Good luck, everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 6,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Lol, actually I don't really remember that well - I have a terrible memory. ^^: Good luck with your Articuno and Lapras.

As for my hunts: I'm now at 1875 Solosis eggs hatched in Black 2(and that's with MM+shiny charm odds...), 32,100 encounter in my HG badge quest, and 4800 soft resets for shiny Thundurus in White.

Good luck guys.
    Ah, you don't?

Ok, here it is. Way back in 2009 I first started SRing for Rayquaza in Ruby. One night, within about 10-15mins of turning on my game, it appeared. The problem, I had no Masterball. So, predictably, after a further 10mins of battling it, it beats my team, and I was very peeved off. On this day 3 years ago, I start my revenge hunt. 5 days. 5 days was all it took for it to appear. I had Masterball this time, so it didn't get away from me. Now it sits proudly at Lv100 in my Black 2 game.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Congrats to all the recent shines.

I was lucky to get japanese dunsparce off Gts and hatch 74 eggs.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Wow, I've resorted to going through my Gen 4 games to try and find one. The GTS trades are either stupid, or ones I can't do.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    Ah, you don't?

Ok, here it is. Way back in 2009 I first started SRing for Rayquaza in Ruby. One night, within about 10-15mins of turning on my game, it appeared. The problem, I had no Masterball. So, predictably, after a further 10mins of battling it, it beats my team, and I was very peeved off. On this day 3 years ago, I start my revenge hunt. 5 days. 5 days was all it took for it to appear. I had Masterball this time, so it didn't get away from me. Now it sits proudly at Lv100 in my Black 2 game.
    Well I completely forgot to include my story when I asked the question, so here it is XD
    December 2011 I decided to SR for a shiny HG starter. After checking all three pokemon for many months, a shiny chikorita finally decided to shine in June 2012. Worst. Hunt. Ever.

But that really stinks. I've never personally lost a shiny, but I know I'd be very mad if I did.

Well congrats to everyone on their recent shines! (I know, I really need to get on my computer to congratulate you all individually. I'll try to next time I post.) And best of luck to all of your hunts! I hope they are all short and fun

Ok, fine, I'll trade my Jp Zekrom. As long as I have my MM Skarmory, I don't care.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    Ah, you don't?

Oh, right. Yeah, I remember the shiny Rayquaza killing your team. But I didn't remember that you reclaimed it. That's why I never go after a shiny legendary without a master ball. :P

Currently doing some SR'ing for shiny Thundurus. I wonder if it'll take as long as my other 'running' legendaries... (Cresselia took 6854 SR, and Mesprit took 5207 SR) I'm now at just under 4850 SR for shiny Thundurus.

Good luck everyone! ^_^

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

On the 23rd Jan I picked up a shiny Bagon from breeding w/ shiny charm. Only took 10-20 eggs. However even with the charm and a Jap Ditto I haven't had much luck. Even attack and speed EV training my pokemon I haven't found any shinies in the wild. Always looking forward to when I breed MM+shiny charm for my selected PWT teams.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

I'm trying continuously to hatch a Timid Zorua with a certain egg move. Does putting a restriction on the nature narrows down the possibility of it being shiny? Thank you
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Nothing to do with it.

A little more about Groudon. So I had just caught a shiny Oddish and traded my Altaria and Oddish over to my brother to hold before I restarted the game in order to get Groudon again. I powered through the game and set up in front of Groudon. It's now the beginning of March 2004, and I begin resetting to the tune of 100 soft resets a day, going as high as 400 on weekends. Due to my GBA screen, I hsd a lot of trouble telling Groudon's color, so I'd have my sound on while I watched tv so I could listen for the shine. Every now and then I'd catch one, just to double check that I didn't miss the stars or something. By month three I was beginning to get really frustrated. It wasn't until June 21 that I landed my Groudon, throwing my master ball. It was mild, but it had a 31 in HP, so I was pretty happy overall. Groudon, like my other shinies, lives in Black 2 now and awaits transition into Pokemon X.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    I'm trying continuously to hatch a Timid Zorua with a certain egg move. Does putting a restriction on the nature narrows down the possibility of it being shiny? Thank you
    If you mean using an Everstone, then it doesn't affect the chances of shininess at all

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

2 weeks & about 3k resets i got a shiny latios http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps7cb6a6c5.jpg
    he broke my 1 shiny a week streak, now i can start the Feb. CH ~ heatran

Grats on all of the recent shinies ^-^

Hurray! Hatched a shiny Porygon just now, after about 300 eggs. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and am hoping to use it in the PWT. This and my last 2 hunts have taken my success rate from below average to above average or at least average. I think I can now go back to some of the long hatch cycle hunts I abandoned. I will also take time off to raise some of the shinies I've stockpiled.

Since people were discussing unusual places to hatch eggs, I decided to restart (being reasonably confident that I'd saved my game beforehand) and hatch it in the Poke Transfer Lab, the most high-tech place I can think of.

http://i.imgur.com/QmAY6vS.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/J9hwlUi.jpg

I like stories about shiny legendaries the best- keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DittoPokemon97 View Post
    I've only hatched 50 eggs in my Cranidos hunt because I'm not a huge MM fan. I do have the shiny charm+MM going so hopefully it wont take extremely long.
    I decided I would restart my Platinum file that I had been letting my sister play. Before I restarted it I went through the PC and found that my shiny Torterra was missing. I asked her where it was and she said that she had released it because the sparkles annoyed her. Needless to say I was pretty angry but I set out on a reclaim mission knowing that it could take forever. This particular Turtwig came MUCH faster than the first one. After only 15 SRs I reclaimed my shiny Turtwig!!
    004.jpg
    Lucky catch. Guess you'll be hiding your cartridge?
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 6th February 2013 at 8:59 PM.

I've only hatched 50 eggs in my Cranidos hunt because I'm not a huge MM fan. I do have the shiny charm+MM going so hopefully it wont take extremely long.
    I decided I would restart my Platinum file that I had been letting my sister play. Before I restarted it I went through the PC and found that my shiny Torterra was missing. I asked her where it was and she said that she had released it because the sparkles annoyed her. Needless to say I was pretty angry but I set out on a reclaim mission knowing that it could take forever. This particular Turtwig came MUCH faster than the first one. After only 15 SRs I reclaimed my shiny Turtwig!!
    004.jpg
    Always looking for shiny trades!!

3DS FC: 2036-7189-1082
    IGN Pokemon Y: Andrea

Congrats on all the recent shinies! I will be finishing up White 2 then joining the community hunt with an MM hunt. I haven't decided what quite yet however...

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

grats on latios, turtwig, and porygon[nice, didnt know it had 5k steps...might have to try for him later :P] guys

im working on MMing[or trying to, keep wanting to go back REing XD] for a Yanma[hunt been off/on alot :P]

anyways grats and gl on everyones hunts

edit: well considering i have 250 super repels left, and that you can repel trick Axew....I might do that, just gotta get a good ability to lvl 31 and put em up front. question though... for the ability should I use ''Run Away'' or ''Luminate''?
    edit 2: by the way I dont have a Smoke Ball, I think I sold it[never had to use it before...]
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 7th February 2013 at 12:11 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Right I have a question and I can only think of here that can help me Im chaining a beldum in platinum and I haven't gone over the number 16 is there anything anyone can suggest to help me in this hunt? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Right I have a question and I can only think of here that can help me Im chaining a beldum in platinum and I haven't gone over the number 16 is there anything anyone can suggest to help me in this hunt? Thanks in advance
    Magnet pull helps.^-^
    -----------------------
    Currently I'm @600 eggs for Cynda.Hope it decides to shine soon.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Magnet pull helps.^-^
    -----------------------
    Currently I'm @600 eggs for Cynda.Hope it decides to shine soon.
    I didn't know that counted lol thank you!
    Good luck in future hunts everyone!

I recently started to MMhunt Feebas, but I'm really lazy so it's taking a lot lol
    Congrats everyone though!

On day 6 for Mesprit and around 2.2k encounters in Abundant Shrine, looks like my luck is cooling off again but I really hope Mesprit doesn't take too much longer. Gratz on the recent shinies like Turtwig, (15 SRs!? lucky you :]) Latios (My fav shiny legendary!) and Porygon! But doesn't that count for the CH? I see some pink. Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    On day 6 for Mesprit and around 2.2k encounters in Abundant Shrine, looks like my luck is cooling off again but I really hope Mesprit doesn't take too much longer. Gratz on the recent shinies like Turtwig, (15 SRs!? lucky you :]) Latios (My fav shiny legendary!) and Porygon! But doesn't that count for the CH? I see some pink. Good luck everyone!
    I couldn't really make up my mind.. I'd pegged shiny Porygon's flippers, nose, and tail as "lavender"... closer to purple than pink. But the more I stare at it, the less sure I am. It makes my head hurt if I look at it too long. If it is pink, it is purely luck on my part, because I tend to mistime or fail the community hunts.

edit: Woooot, I think that's my first completed community hunt.

A thought occurred to me: I'm not exactly big on banners and sigs, at least the huge ones, but aren't CHs ideal for sigging?
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 7th February 2013 at 3:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    I couldn't really make up my mind.. I'd pegged shiny Porygon's flippers, nose, and tail as "lavender"... closer to purple than pink. But the more I stare at it, the less sure I am. It makes my head hurt if I look at it too long. If it is pink, it is purely luck on my part, because I tend to mistime or fail the community hunts.
    Looks light pink to me. Granted, some systems colors look a little than others. and I'm looking at the sprite on a computer screen, rather than a DS...
    but I think I shall call it pink and congratulate you on completing the CH
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

After around 2,000 encounters in reversal mountain i put that Hunt on hold to try to Mm a shiny tepig again. Ive probably done a total of 5,000 tepig eggs, this time around i do have the shiny charm and I've done about 50 with it so far

after about 100 yanma eggs[not many i know XD] i started missing reing so i decided to switch to my axew hunt. im using a lvl 31 illuminate watchog..man i wish i hadnt sold my smoke ball cus shes being eaten alive...XD hope everyone has good luck on their hunts.

...for some reason i find re shinies better then mmed ones...not saying i dont love my mmed 1s but i like red 1s more....

also my watchog has been at 1hp for 150 repels XD
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 7th February 2013 at 2:55 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Page 120 of 908 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast