Page 124 of 948 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 23677

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

My dream shiny is Reshiram.I really hope I'll be able to SR one in future.^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

^Yeah, sucks that it currently can't be shiny.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

I was playing W2 recently, training on Rt. 20 to face Roxie. I entered the double grass and had a couple encounters, then a Sewaddle appeared. I thought 'man, that thing looks weird', then realized 'oh duh, it's a shiny'. I was paralyzed for a moment, wondering how to attack, then I figured I might be able to just throw a ball and catch it. I tossed out a couple premier balls, then it fled.

No, kidding, I captured it. I'm not sure what it is about the 5th gen, but I've found 3 random shinies (Tropius, Scraggy, Sewaddle), compared to just one (Marill, in the D/P safari zone, sweated that one) in 4th or 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    Ok...I have questions. I know questions like “what was your longest/shortest hunt?” were asked alot, but what about these:
    What is/was your DREAM SHINY?
    and question 2: If youve already found your DREAM SHINY, was there any good stories behind it?(like why is it your DREAM SHINY/anything funny happen while you were hunting it.)
    I guess that would be Rayquaza, just because I think it looks awesome, and it's legendary.

Since I have one each of RSE, and an extra E, I decided to SR for it, just screwing around. I'm not sure how many in I was, when I looked down at the screen and thought 'Wait...is that one black?'. I looked closer and thought 'Yeah, sure looks like it', so I went ahead and caught it. I was doing it on a GBA, so it didn't look nearly as different as I though it would, but I eventually confirmed that, yes, I'd just caught my first SR'd shiny.

I'm not sure what my dream shiny would be, in terms of one I've yet to obtain.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 9th February 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    My dream shiny is Reshiram.I really hope I'll be able to SR one in future.^-^
    Sadly, on the games it appears in, it has a shiny lock. I believe though on the original Black you can fill up your PC with Pokémon and battle it in the Dragonspiral tower instead, where it has no shiny lock. Just thought I'd mention that.

I checked back on my old Soul Silver, I had around 72 eggs hatched for Growlithe. 0-0. I'm still rapidly going for hunts on my White 2, 55 REs in the Desert Resort. AS for the topic of dream shinys, mine is either Kyurem or Heatmor. Which are also on my hunt list. (I've been hunting Kyurem since the beginning of December -w-') But of something I dont plan on hunting it would be Articuno, I know Pink Lapras is hunting it, I just think it would be a awesome shiny. However, it is the only one of the Bird Trio I cannot hunt until I get a new game. I caught it too early on SoulSilver.

Anyways, I have two questions, can you transfer Pokémon from FR/LG to the DS games like Diamond Pearl and Platinum? And does FR/LG also have the early shiny frame problem that may prevent SRing? I know nothing about the GBA games -w-'

Saaatoshi!

I wasn't really sure where to post this but...

So I've acquired a Shiny eevee today, and I'd like to make it my old *** hole Umbreon from back in crystal, however I've run into a snag. There's absolutely no way for me to get Mud-Slap on it since it's in a Gen 5 game.

So My plan was 252 hp 252 Def 4 sp. Def

Toxic
    Protect
    Moonlight
    Mud-Slap

But now I can't get Mud-Slap. Anyone have some suggestions?
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

IMO, replace Mud Slap with Payback. Also, next time you can use the singles rate thread, if you want to ask about moveset for one Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    I believe though on the original Black you can fill up your PC with Pokémon and battle it in the Dragonspiral tower instead, where it has no shiny lock. Just thought I'd mention that.

can you transfer Pokémon from FR/LG to the DS games like Diamond Pearl and Platinum?
    1. No, even on Dragonspiral Tower it still has the shiny lock. Otherwise people would already SR for a shiny one that way, and we would already see a lot of Shiny Resh/Zek by now.

2. Of course you can, that's the entire purpose of Pal Park, to transfer Pokemon from R/S/E/FR/LG to D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

Anyway, currently I switch my target from Cresselia to Mesprit. I'm thinking, it counts for this month's CH and it is one of my targets, so why not?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pidjiken View Post
    I wasn't really sure where to post this but...

So I've acquired a Shiny eevee today, and I'd like to make it my old *** hole Umbreon from back in crystal, however I've run into a snag. There's absolutely no way for me to get Mud-Slap on it since it's in a Gen 5 game.

So My plan was 252 hp 252 Def 4 sp. Def

Toxic
    Protect
    Moonlight
    Mud-Slap

But now I can't get Mud-Slap. Anyone have some suggestions?
    I used this set on my Umbreon back in Emerald (it came in very handy in the Battle Pyramid boss fight)

Umbreon
    Impish nature, same EV spread as yours
    Curse
    Toxic
    Wish
    Baton pass

And on the shiny hunting front: I've been doing a lot of SR for shiny Thundurus these last couple of days, bringing my total up to just under 5500 SR. I've also hatched 2240 Solosis eggs in Black 2 - so much for those shiny charm/MM odds! XD

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Hi, does anybody remember me?

Its been more than 1 month since my last shiny.

40 hours in my fire red BQ. 60 hours in my HG BQ. Over 100 hours of RE without a shiny.

And nothing yet.

I just give up with fire red. But I want to continue in HG...
    I started the HG hunt at the same time as dan2point5 and he has got 6 shinies and I didnt even find more than 1. I wonder how many RE's I did...
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Hey guys =D
    Grats on recent shinies there have been a few =D. So Congrats to the recipients!
    Now, my charmander hunt is approaching 300 eggs, so with a little luck that golden lizard will be mine!
    Dream shiny, you ask? Well charizard would be it but i haven't got him YET. So i would have to say Lucario. He is such a cool pokemon normally with good mixed attacking potential. But then it becomes even cooler in shiny, it changes to yellow. And its type fighting/steel is cool! Gl to every one!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    IMO, replace Mud Slap with Payback. Also, next time you can use the singles rate thread, if you want to ask about moveset for one Pokemon
    Appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    I used this set on my Umbreon back in Emerald (it came in very handy in the Battle Pyramid boss fight)

Umbreon
    Impish nature, same EV spread as yours
    Curse
    Toxic
    Wish
    Baton pass
    Unfortunately Curse and Wish seem to be egg moves, so I'll have to go with Shine's Payback suggestion. Thanks though
    3DS FC: 4699-5691-3223

MESSAGE ME ON SKYPE TO GET A HOLD OF ME QUICKEST
    Black 2 FC: Pid 1636 3572 7947

Hey guys. It has almost been a month since my last eevee. I am on my last 2 boxes of my first 660 batch eggwise and am almost at 3,400 re's for it at the park. This isn't looking too good. I was hoping it wouldn't take me this long and I am only halfway done.

Well anyways... happy hunting everyone and congrats on all the shinies and good luck!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. (Dec 28) 7. ? 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #7- Wailmer & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Well, that was a quick hunt. Setup for Lapras IVs took about 130 eggs, and the actual shiny hatched 38 eggs in (18th egg this morning). I reset (since I'd saved before I started), got the egg to a partially hatched state, and am trying to choose a cool hatch location. It's an ocean-going pokemon, so... I should pick Undella Bay, right? It's either that or the cave. Suggestions?

edit: Thanks, Agonist. I'll go with that.

It's Calm with Shell Armor ability - not my favorite but I count myself lucky. That's one 10k hatch cycle shiny down, one to go. Now all I need to replicate Red's team is Snorlax... which I've been failing on for over a month. I'm tempted to ditch the incense and hatch Snorlaxes instead of Munchlaxes, because I feel like the incense is jinxing me.

For some reason I can't get the purple on shiny Lapras to photograph properly... it's ticking me off. edit: Never mind. It IS photographing purple- the digital camera just can't display it properly.
    http://i.imgur.com/bVq4SlR.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9hhQlF2.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZAUFhXV.jpg

For those of you just starting out, quick runs and dry spells go hand in hand. I've played all the games from the very beginning, but didn't start MMing until Gen V, after I accidentally hatched a shiny Karrablast while breeding for IVs. So I started with several lucky hatches, then some dry spells- rinse and repeat. I recommend taking a break when things get boring.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 9th February 2013 at 6:33 PM.

Undella Bay is generally where I hatch my Water-types.

210 tepig eggs hatched so far. Oval charm really makes my eggs appear fast, i like it

A quick question, would breeding a Japanese Emboar with a Japanese Ditto still activate Masuda Method?

EDIT:
    Ok, I figured this out. I hatch a Tepig with the egg moves and that would be English, and I breed that with the Japanese Ditto.
    Last edited by supersmew; 9th February 2013 at 5:53 PM.

Saaatoshi!

A quick question, would breeding a Japanese Emboar with a Japanese Ditto still activate Masuda Method?
    No, the two pokémon have to be of different nationalities.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

nope, they gotta be different languages from each other.

edit: Darn my Wii typing wasnt fast enough XD
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

I'm a bit sad... I was chaining a Shinx, and I successfully got 47 chains when I ran out of repels... I rage-bought 500 Max repels now :/

Hi, people!

I must ask: on the front page, it mentions that you shouldn't SR on R/S with a dry internal battery. However, the Sapphire copy I have has this. In all curiosity, does this apply to random encounters as well? I was planning on looking for an shiny Gulpin or Electrike, and I'd rather not erase the progress I have just for a shiny.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
    I'm a bit sad... I was chaining a Shinx, and I successfully got 47 chains when I ran out of repels... I rage-bought 500 Max repels now :/
    Protip: Super Repels give more steps for your money.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Protip: Super Repels give more steps for your money.
    Reusing a repel is a pain though and doesn't auto-prompt like in Gen V, so you want as many steps per repel as possible.

Ah, since there was no mention of shinies actually appearing, I assume that chains 41-47 were on regular Shinxes? If so, the probability maxes out at 40, so from there on, you should only step on a patch if it's a shiny patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
    Yeah I know I just continued a bit for its sake *-*'
    Lemme think... at 40 chains, you can expect to get a shiny every 10 Max Repels... though I've gone as many as 70 Max Repels without hitting a shiny. It makes my hands hurt just thinking about it. That's a lot of resets... which means a lot of chances to break the chain. That's why most of us just reset instead... plenty of people have broken chains at 41 or 42. I tend to do most of my gambling between 36 and 40.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 9th February 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Ah, since there was no mention of shinies actually appearing, I assume that chains 41-47 were on regular Shinxes? If so, the probability maxes out at 40, so from there on, you should only step on a patch if it's a shiny patch.
    Yeah I know I just continued a bit for its sake *-*'
    Last edited by Aleh; 9th February 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Reusing a repel is a pain though and doesn't auto-prompt like in Gen V, so you want as many steps per repel as possible.

Well personally I'd rather save money and take that litle extra time than waste money to save a little time, but I guess it's based on preference.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well personally I'd rather save money and take that litle extra time than waste money to save a little time, but I guess it's based on preference.
    well depends on how much extra money someone has to spend(i use super repels myself[much cheaper then max and only gives 50 less steps...])

i only use repels for certain RE hunts...i couldnt chain if my life depended on it(20 chain max XD)
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

I've started hunt 7 for this BQ and I'm at 300 RE's so far today. I'm excited for this hunt since its a shiny you don't really see that much of.

Congrats everyone and good luck!

Page 124 of 948 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast