Page 125 of 941 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 23506

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I'm cursed. Shiny Pokémon hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
    I'm cursed. Shiny Pokémon hate me.
    Nah, they're just very, very rare.

Not ever seeing a shiny actually isn't all that odd. The reason you see so many people here with so many shinies is because they spend days and sometimes even months doing nothing but looking for them.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I've heard in that shiny hunting whilst in possession of the shiny charm is frowned upon in certain parts of the community, so without flicking through 103 pages to find mention of it here I was wondering how it's perceived on Serebii?

I'm about to start on my first serious shiny hunt - using a combination of Masuda Method and the shiny charm I'm going for a Litwick (saw one during the recent wi-fi comp and.. I need me one of those) - and basically I am wondering if I post in here if/when I get it whether I'll get chased out by the pitchfork and (ironically)torch-bearing townsfolk.
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

Quote Originally Posted by Combo View Post
    I've heard in that shiny hunting whilst in possession of the shiny charm is frowned upon in certain parts of the community, so without flicking through 103 pages to find mention of it here I was wondering how it's perceived on Serebii?

I'm about to start on my first serious shiny hunt - using a combination of Masuda Method and the shiny charm I'm going for a Litwick (saw one during the recent wi-fi comp and.. I need me one of those) - and basically I am wondering if I post in here if/when I get it whether I'll get chased out by the pitchfork and (ironically)torch-bearing townsfolk.
    It's okay, a few people in here actually wait until they get the shiny charm before start hunting - and that includes me

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Combo View Post

Yea, its mostly frowned upon with a lot of the shiny hunters on YT but nobody really minds on Serebii. Good luck on Litwick!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

i have a question...

ok im planning on MMing Tepig and i have a Emboar with a trainers name[in japanese..i think] and it doesnt show as japanese in dex, and i was wondering if there was another way to tell for sure that its foreign****ied unity tower and all i talked to in there didnt say anything about Emboar], i have a Spanish Ditto but if i can use Emboar i can get eggs faster...
    thanx
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 10th February 2013 at 1:34 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

2,000 SRs now for Regirock... Hopefully it will shine soon. With 14 potential legendaries for this Legendary Quest (yes, I can access Iceberg Chamber and Iron Chamber [once Regirock shines]), I hope I get some quick hunts...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

I'm starting to work on completing the Pokedex because I want to get the shiny charm. I'm tired of my sister getting RE's and I haven't once! Playing since r/b/y and never seen a random one, while she started with Pearl and found two or three! I only got my MM and Chained shinies. Almost 50% there and I'm doing the easiest ones first. I'm only missing a few legendaries. 8 away from the unova being all captured, little less than 50 on Kanto. I'm giving myself till April.

After that the first thing I'm doing is running around in the Celestial Tower for a Litwick lol I want a shiny one so bad!

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    I'm starting to work on completing the Pokedex because I want to get the shiny charm. I'm tired of my sister getting RE's and I haven't once! Playing since r/b/y and never seen a random one, while she started with Pearl and found two or three! I only got my MM and Chained shinies. Almost 50% there and I'm doing the easiest ones first. I'm only missing a few legendaries. 8 away from the unova being all captured, little less than 50 on Kanto. I'm giving myself till April.

After that the first thing I'm doing is running around in the Celestial Tower for a Litwick lol I want a shiny one so bad!
    I think if i were to get BW2 i would buy an AR to hack the charms, because i own almost all the games and in each i pretty much completed the dex[give or take 1s not found on that version(but i got them on the version they are on)] im pretty much a collector XD. that and i cant trade atm[1 DS]. so i figure why waste the time transferring them when i know i have them all[- a few events]...but then again id have to go out and buy an AR for like 2 cheats on 1 game[not really worth it], so ill probably wait for X/Y to come out andget 1 of those(if i get a 3DS)...

oh and i totally agree litwick looks awsome shiny(wish it kept blue for chandelure though..)

...sry for the rant...loooong day

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Hatched 900 eggs on my Rufflet MM hunt now. Released most of them, but kept 11 Rufflet with relatively superior potential overall - 6 with perfect Attack IVs, and the other 5 with perfect Speed IVs. No shiny yet though.

Wondering if I should take a break from this hunt and either breed the rest of my non-shiny team for good natures and IVs, or switch to MMing for Litwick... or both. We'll see, I'm off to bed now.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Okay so I still haven't found my Jap. Black 2 or Eng. White 2 yet (which words cannot express my incredible anger for) so I've continued my SS BQ. Hopefully I'll get some sort of consistency going, but I guess I'll see.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hey guys!!! I'm a Shiny-Hunting newb. If anyone who is not from America has a Female Starter of any kind (except Treecko), any Female of the Elemental Monkey's, and any Female Eevee, PM me!!! Remember, they MUST be non-American!!! Thanks and happy hunting!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    i have a question...

ok im planning on MMing Tepig and i have a Emboar with a trainers name[in japanese..i think] and it doesnt show as japanese in dex, and i was wondering if there was another way to tell for sure that its foreign****ied unity tower and all i talked to in there didnt say anything about Emboar], i have a Spanish Ditto but if i can use Emboar i can get eggs faster...
    thanx
    If its foreign legitly, then in your pokedex, there should be a foreign dex entry for that said pokemon.
    For example, since you have a spanish Ditto, the pokedex should have a spanish dex entry.
    So you should also see a foreign dex entry for emboar.
    Unfortunatley this is only a good way to check, IF that emboar is your first foreign Emboar from THAT region. So for example let's say you have two Japanese Emboars and only one of them is actually japanese.
    The dex entry will have a japanese entry for emboar, but that doesn't tell you which one is in fact foreign.
    So I would say that if you have that problem, try getting another foreign Emboar that you don't have a dex entry for.
    These are the foreign languages.
    Spanish, Japanese, German, French, Korean.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 10th February 2013 at 5:39 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

^ Actually the foreign dex doesn't appear for 5th gen pokemon so you just have to trust that its foreign. If the trainer name is in Japanese you should be okay but to be safe its probably better to just use a ditto.

@General_Ridley - I said 5th gen pokemon. 1st-4th gen pokemon foreign dex do appear but for some reason 5th gen pokemon like Emboar, Patrat, Litwict, etc. Their foreign dex's don't appear. I know this from MMing a couple of 5th gen pokes. All I had to go by was that their OT's name was in Japanese.
    Last edited by Supremacy; 10th February 2013 at 7:32 AM.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Actually, it does. Just checked and I have a Korean dex entry for Bagon in my Black 2 dex. Though this does mean that I have a few non-legit guys I've gotten from the GTS since I have no entries for them. Including my ditto. Going to have to get that sorted out.
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 10th February 2013 at 7:07 AM.

Groan... since I have a habit of picking through tons of JP pokemon for IVs, I wouldn't be able to glean any useful information from my dex. Guess I'll continue second-guessing myself.

Now reached 1920 eggs hatched for Venipede with MM and shiny charm odds, already got my next batch waiting to be hatched. Also I've been thinking just now, for my next hunt I'd like to SR for Kabuto meaning I'll have to get another couple of Dome Fossils ready for when I start that hunt. I sure hope Venipede shines soon though, currently it's my second longest MM hunt.

Congrats and GLE.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

I don't know what to hunt next.My father wanted to buy white2 for my birthday but he accidetly bought white,and there is no way he can change it now.
    So maybe,I'll start a BQ on my brand new white.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Wow, whoever got Virizion needs to lend me some luck!

And my BQ's first shiny will officially come from Floccessy Ranch. I'm leaving that cursed pig.
    I got Virizion. Good luck with tepig! I'll get going for that as the first shiny for my White Badge Quest in the future. Gonna name mine Baconator. Heres the video for Virizion:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzyvqPgTqE. Congrats on Bronzor and Koffing. Taking a little break from hunting to make some teams although some of my DW females are Japanese who I breed with so who knows? After that though it's straight back to Eevee on my White 2 BQ-At 1,111 RE's for that. I want to put my full focus to that soon-it's very fun and I can SR for my Dream Shiny-Latias at the end of it. Good luck everyone.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Haven't done much shiny hunting for a while but I really like the sound of this months CH so I've started hatching Mareep. It was on my to-get list anyway so I figured now would be as good a time as any to go for it!

FC: 3050-7566-2483 - Kaytee
    Friend Safari- Ground- Trapinch, Dugtrio and Diggersby.

Latest shiny: Frogadier

Over 250 eggs for Wobbuffet and still nothing, not that I expected anything yet. Thanks to the Oval Charm, though, I've got boxes upon boxes to hatch, so it may well be that in April I suddenly end up with one.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Oh wow! that actually took me by surprise!

HNI_0027.JPG

After 2028 eggs w/ shiny charm, my shiny adamant venipede has hatched. I really wasn't expecting for this junt to take as long as it did, but ah well. The venipede line has been on my list for quite some time which is another reason why I'm happy it's done and dusted.

Now I'll be getting things prepared for my SR hunt for Kabuto, good luck everyone.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Quote Originally Posted by ~EternalDarkness~ View Post
    Oh wow! that actually took me by surprise!

HNI_0027.JPG

After 2028 eggs w/ shiny charm, my shiny adamant venipede has hatched. I really wasn't expecting for this junt to take as long as it did, but ah well. The venipede line has been on my list for quite some time which is another reason why I'm happy it's done and dusted.

Now I'll be getting things prepared for my SR hunt for Kabuto, good luck everyone.
    grats on the venipede, and good luck on kabuto(i might try for 1 later, if i have the patience XD)

Went back to Axew at Mistralton Cave(hopefully luck is on my side this time...spent 2 1/2 days[almost nonstop] till i switched to Fraxure at Victory Road for about a Day and a half, then switched to a couple boxes of MM eggs i had waiting) ...but nothing as of yet.(must of been that 4 RE Dratini stole what luck i had...)

oh and when i say ''1/etc Days'' it basically means 2-3k RE's(would be MUCH more but i'm using Super Repels...)

again congrats on all recent shinies and good luck finding the shinies that need to be found yet.

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Over the last 1-2weeks I've been hatching eggs to pick up certain nature and characteristic pokemon for the type expert PWT.
    So far probably about +500 across a dozen pokemon... no shinies. I have fingers crossed that I find a second shiny before I complete the PWT.
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone! I started my HeartGold badge quest today, and after only about an hour and a half, I got a shiny Totodile. Name it Crocodilus (Latin for crocodile) Hopefully my luck will hold up for the rest of the quest!
    White 2 FC: 2108 6583 8241
    HeartGold Badge Quest:

My shiny pics: http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/us...y/My%20shinies

Page 125 of 941 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast