Page 129 of 945 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 23625

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

300 SR's for Kabuto (1500 seen). I feel this hunt is off to a pretty decent start and hopefully will be a bit quicker than the last couple of hunts I've had with the shiny charm.

Congrats and GLE.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Decided to focus more on my Caterpie hunt. At about 150 eggs.

grats on the geodude,piloswine,etc

no luck on my axew hunt yet. as most of you guys know im usiing repels in the cave, and was wondering if i should use a lvl 30 or 31 lead(using lvl 31 atm)[31 you only see axew and boldore, and 30 itd add woobat and lvl 30 versions of the previous 2]?
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    grats on the geodude,piloswine,etc

no luck on my axew hunt yet. as most of you guys know im usiing repels in the cave, and was wondering if i should use a lvl 30 or 31 lead(using lvl 31 atm)[31 you only see axew and boldore, and 30 itd add woobat and lvl 30 versions of the previous 2]?
    You should stick with a lv 31 lead, imho.

Awesome work lately, everyone! Tons of new shinies!

Congrats on the Shinx, Geodude, Piloswine, Clefairy, and Munchlax!

As for me, I've been unmotivated lately and as a result, have no shinies for the month of February yet. I'm at 600 eggs hatched for a shiny Litwick and 100 more in a box right now, but it's just about making time to do it.

Hopefully he/she will shine soon, but if not, congrats to all on your recent shinies!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Good luck with your Litwick! Keep up the work.

Good evening all.
    Congrats on all of the recent shinies, there were a few *congrats*.
    Im still going strong, im at 420 eggs for charmander, and counting as i have an hour or two free tonight. Gl to all and hopefully the shiny of your choice will shine soon. GL!!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Congrats to all the new shinies. I hatch over 400 eggs and still no luck. I really wish I had that shiny charm now. lol
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

New here but been playing Pokemon forever and found a couple of shinies over the years. This thread motivated me to start hunting them and I am currently sr'ing for a shiny starter in HG. Only at 450 right now though.

I was wondering what you guys use to keep track of your SRs? I've just been using a wordpad file with tally markers but I'm not sure how time efficient that is.

Nice job on all the new shiny pokes everyone has gotten over the past few days ^.^ As for my hunt I have about 700 soft resets done for Regigigas and the hunt is going great! I am on a mini vacation from work so I am planning to soft reset the rest of the day today and all of tomorrow so I might get lucky Keep up the amazing work everyone and don't give up on your hunts ^.^
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

10k for Mareep.

It hates me T_T

also 7.5k in FireRed and LeafGreen

I'm in a two week shiny drought and a 17.5k shiny drought. Why won't something shine -_-
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Upto 3,000 for hunt 7 now. Making good steady progress. Expecting this one to go over the odds so I'm not expecting anything soon.

Best of luck everyone!

Hi! I'm new to the thread. I hope you don't mind me asking but since I only have 3DSes I was wondering if going to the home menu and back to the game if that would be the same as SRing. On another note.
    Current shiny hunt: W2: 181MM shelmet( might change to REing in the first route of the game since I can't remember it right now)
    SS: 321RE in union cave

@ElectricBassClef

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can't SR eggs in any of the games because what is inside is set in stone. So you'll have to hatch every egg until you get the shiny.

@ ElectricBassClef I apologize, I actaully have never really done any shiny hunting before and basically I'd say that I don't know what I'm talking at this time.
    I have been trying MMing my shelmet 1 egg at a time and not boxing any eggs.
    Last edited by MurderofKrow; 13th February 2013 at 3:18 AM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: BQ #4 ???(RE) OR: Ho-oh(SR-SC)

Most Recent Shiny:
    OR: ??? MMs Nickname: No nickname yet

^ I imagine that it would function the same (not sure), but you can soft reset on a 3DS. I've done so myself.

So, I have a question too. I understand that in Black and White 2, for some reason the first egg you receive from the Daycare Man when you turn the game on/soft reset is the same every time. Is this true of Black and White 1/the previous gen games?

Thanks!

@Shadowkrow That's not what I meant, though. Even if you're filling whole boxes, if it generates the same egg every time you turn the game on, it's a problem unless you do the whole hunt without turning the game off once.
    Edit 2: Thanks for trying to help, though!
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 13th February 2013 at 5:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

So I'm trying to breed a shiny DW eevee using the masuda method.
    I filled up 7 boxes of eggs. That's 210 eggs.. wish me luck guys.
    I get er.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Yikes, it's been about a week since I've posted anything about my progress in my BQ, but with good reason: I have none.
    I've been away from shiny hunting for a bit while playing through Fire Emblem, but I'm now planning to get back to my BQ at some point this week, which is already nearing the odds at 7000 RE's. I had a dream that I found a shiny Roselia one night despite the fact that my mind has been empty of shiny hunting the past week, so maybe that's a sign of good luck? Either way, congrats to the massive amount of shinies found since I've last checked, and good luck everyone! Hopefully, I can pick up and continue with my BQ soon.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

640 tepig eggs, shiny charm please give me something under the odds..

Well I got back from my trip today...and 6.5 pages to go through on here! Phew! Well, here goes...

Congrats to Cyndajay on Cyndaquil, PsychicPsycho on Sewaddle, Pidjiken on Eevee/Umbreon, JohnNiles on Lapras, ~EternalDarkness~ on Venipede, BurningBlaze on Totodile, BurningBlaze again on Beldum, Scrufox86 on Drifblim, GottaEarnThemAll, ElectricBassClef on Clefairy, goldensteambun on Totodile, WaterTypesFTW on Marill, Heliotrope on Solosis, pxm1 on Chimchar, Aleh on Shinx, king buba on Geodude, Silverwynde on Geodude, pokemaster13 on Piloswine, wobbanut on Zubat, and JohnNiles on Munchlax!

As for me, I didn't end up getting much hunting done on my trip, despite having two entire mornings that I could have hunted. I only did 10 SRs for Piplup on Sunday, and then on the drive home today and after I got home, I did 190 SRs. So I'm at a total of 2,300 SRs for Piplup, and still at 800 REs for Growlithe. I'm working every day through Sunday as of tomorrow though (that's as far as my schedule goes until I see next week's tomorrow), but I should hopefully have enough time each day to do some hunting.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Also, as of tonight on Black 2, I'm trying to go through and really try the PWT for the first time, so that I can try to beat the Champions Tournament just so I can change my Trainer's Card color...I'd rather have orange than this fairly unpleasant green...
    Last edited by Cpchris; 13th February 2013 at 5:28 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I've been SRing for Kyurem for 2 days now.I'm not keeping count though.I'm faster this way.
    Good luck eveyone!
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Got 3 Shiny Geodude in 1 chain . Lucky?
    and a Shiny Machoke Last Night at 30th
    FC WHITE 2 : FROZ 3569-0574-7035

TIME ZONE GMT+8

Default Omg!

Holy mother of mew! http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f20873e.jpg I started up this hunt again last night and was actually going to RE Eevee for the rest of the night but something told me to SR Totodile some more and 7 SR's today I got this! He's my first water type Shiny and I named him Laykn. I'm gonna play through HG with him until Ho-Oh which is when I'll go back to my White 2 Badge Quest. He's Hasty natured which is awesome and I can't remember his exact IV's as I had them, then the CPU shut down and I've been battling random wild pokemon however I believe he had a 29-31 for HP and Speed and 10-11 for everything else. Today was such a humid and bad day at school and this has made me feel way better. Here's some more photo's:http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85e0e261.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f4280f8.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps32b82aeb.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...pse3f4ac67.jpg He also complete's my Shiny Johto starter set:http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps50132416.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps512c22dd.jpg
    http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85e0e261.jpg Now I'm off to play more of HG with Laykn *snuggles*. Good luck as always guys!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Hey guys grats on all the recent shinys I'm very jealous so I'm into my second week of Sring for a starter on my white Badge quest and still nothing currently at 546 SR's decided to change to Oshawott as I picked snivy in my white 2, hoping for some luck soon!

Btw i was wondering what chaining is as I've seen it mentioned recently?

GL on all currents hunts guys

Quote Originally Posted by AntoHax1311 View Post
    Btw i was wondering what chaining is as I've seen it mentioned recently?
    ''chaining'' is basically using the Poke Radar in D/P/Pt to find shinies by chaining together the same pokemon until a shiny shaking patch appears with a shiny in it(can keep chaining afterwards to get more and more shinies)...also the chain will keep going as long as you run into the SAME pokemon every time(also im pretty sure you either have to feint all or catch some), if you run into a different pokemon your chain breaks and you have to start over(and the radar needs to recharge[do this by walking ???? steps]), at abou chain 40+ your chances of finding a shiny patch is at its best(can find shiny patch WAY before 40 so keep an eye out), also there is an app in D/P/Pt that will keep track of how many chains (your top 3 most chains), but im not sure what number the app is[i dont chain].

i hope this helps and gl

Addition: TIP: USE REPELS!!! :P

edit: oh yeah... i was just reading the ''how do i get shinies easier'' part in the 1st post and was wondering why Suction Cups 2nd effect isnt in there its quite useful(makes the moves ROAR and WHIRLWIND ineffective)...just wondering XD

EDIT2+3: grats on your Pachirisu (F) glad you got the gender you wanted , grats again :P

...also decided to try mming axew now(i had a dream....egg and dragons were involved...so i figured what the hey XD)
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 13th February 2013 at 6:11 PM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

I'm now hunting Pachirisu. Hopefully I get a female one to fit with its pink colour!

Edit: I'm almost done with this chain... I hope it won't break now ;;
    Edit 2: I reached 40! *-* Wish me good luck.

EDIT 3: I FOUND IT! And it's female! *-* http://i.imgur.com/S0jGRhP.jpg

Edit 4: lol, I found another one on the same chain!
    Edit 5: I have just found another one... lmao.
    Last edited by Aleh; 13th February 2013 at 6:17 PM.

Congratulations to any shinies since my last post. And to Aleh for the two Pachirisu.

I decided I would continue with my hunt I've had since December of Kyurem. Since he counts for the CH. I had already done SRs but I decided I would just begin again and say 'over'.

And I am still going at my BQ.

Saaatoshi!

Page 129 of 945 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast