Page 137 of 911 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 22753

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

grats on Duosion....reminded me that i have to RE at route 9 yet...think ill switch from the shrine to route 9 now(started a long time ago but stopped and forgot about it XD)

Was at 2.5k REs at Abundant Shrine[including a 30RE pitstop at Celestial Tower]

Good Luck on all hunts

edit:...i cant seem to stick to one place today...1st the Shrine, then Route 9, now DST...dunno what to hunt for...
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 21st February 2013 at 4:33 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

So, funny story. So back in May, I was playing Black and was looking to complete the pokedex. The worst part of that? Finding those dang evolutionary stones. Basically, I was reduced to riding around Twist Mountain Repeling and trying to find the stones in dust clouds. I jokingly thought "I'm going to find a shiny before I get the stones I need." Guess what happens next? I find a shiny. But it wasn't an Excadrill- it was a Gurdurr. My last Repel wore off, I was leaving the cave to get more, and there he was.

The moral of the story- never give up on your main goal, and good things will come to you. Also, never use an Escape Rope.
    This is where my signature goes.

Oh wow! after 2369 RE's in victory road i have found and captured a shiny Druddigon! And i have noticed that it has a pink tongue so Community Hunt Complete!
    I cannot believe the shiny luck i've had this last week. I think i will go back to MMing some more pokemon for the CH.

Congratulations to everyone who've gotten shinies recently and good luck to everyone still hunting!
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    You should try and get a pokemon with static ability.

Are you using the Shiny Charm? Because otherwise this is incredible. :-P
    I have a pokemon with static out front X'D Its just my game seriously trolling me.
    And nope! I dont have a shiny charm, beginners luck XD?

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Thanks for the gratz everyone! :] I'm still in shock that I got a 5% shiny with a great nature!

I've decided to hunt on Soul Silver for mainly shiny Mareep but Bellsprout, Rattata, or even Wooper would be nice. I'm also still going strong for shiny Cresselia so hopefully it shines soon. Gratz to JohnNiles on that epic shiny Skarmory (I really want one of those now lol), ChaoticInverse on Cyndaquil, Shadowkrow on HootHoot and Red La Derp on the second Psyduck! Maybe we should race since we're both aiming for Mareep :]? Good luck everyone!
    I would love to race! Sounds like fun~
    Current RE Goal

Recently Obtained
    (676)
    (412)

^ Alright, good luck! :]

Gratz to Jonny7197 on Duosion and Scrufox86 on Druddigon, really cool shinies there. :]

I'm now at day 6 for Cresselia and I'm hoping it shines soon since I noticed that all my completed SR hunts have lasted 7 days or less and I'm hoping Cresselia doesn't break that chain lol but we'll see. Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

So im trying to catch a yamna in platinum and a shiny wooper appears. I use a ball and ofc it doesn't catch it than that ****** leaves. ****en ****. **** the great marsh. **** that wooper. It ****en pissed me off.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    So im trying to catch a yamna in platinum and a shiny wooper appears. I use a ball and ofc it doesn't catch it than that ****** leaves. ****en ****. **** the great marsh. **** that wooper. It ****en pissed me off.
    You went shiny hunting and at the great marsh, and you didn't expect that to happen?

If you go hunting there, you should know that something like this was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    You went shiny hunting and at the great marsh, and you didn't expect that to happen?

If you go hunting there, you should know that something like this was bound to happen.
    I don't think he was hunting though.. He was probably looking for a Yamna to catch and a random shiny Wooper appeared. Sorry to hear, IZ. =[
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    I don't think he was hunting though.. He was probably looking for a Yamna to catch and a random shiny Wooper appeared. Sorry to hear, IZ. =[
    ...Oh...

I'm used to reading the post of shiny hunters here. Hehehe...now that sounds really bad.

Yea I went to get a yamna for my team and that BS happened. I'm sure everyone knows not to go hunting in the great marsh or safari zone. That was the first shiny I've dunces in like a year too.

not to add insult to injury, but the same thing happened to me, and after the third ball it was caught, but I was just like "cmon, you lil b-word! Stay in the ball!". Now to MM a shiny Kricketune!
    X FC: 1006 0385 8652 IGN: Mr.Brightside
    Come try your hand at solving my questions, and win yourself some pokemon

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post17399689

I have finally resumed my SS BadgeQuest, and I'm at 445 SRs right now. I really hope Cyndaquil shines soon

ANywyas, congrates on the Duosion and Druddigon you two, and every else's recent hunts.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by ashcrimson777 View Post
    not to add insult to injury, but the same thing happened to me, and after the third ball it was caught, but I was just like "cmon, you lil b-word! Stay in the ball!". Now to MM a shiny Kricketune!
    Congrats, man. At least it worked for you.

Just a quick question, maybe it will give me a bit of motivation to start some hunts I've wanted to:
    How many REs does it usually take you to get a Shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Congrats, man. At least it worked for you.
    Thanks! and hey, theres always a next time!

What can I do with a hacked Shiny? I have a black Charizard, caught in a luxury ball (which is impossible unless it was a dream world charizard, which it is not)

Quote Originally Posted by ashcrimson777 View Post
    What can I do with a hacked Shiny? I have a black Charizard, caught in a luxury ball (which is impossible unless it was a dream world charizard, which it is not)
    Release it. It's useless. Unless if you still want to use it, hit just don't trade it.

...ok since i cant stick to one area to RE ive decided to MM for Golett instead(needed a shiny ''Fly'' pokemon and none beat that ''ghost'' Gundam :P). when i start to RE again ill go back to Abundant Shrine them MM solosis after(instead of RE Route 9 Duosion...) sigh...XD
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Just a quick question, maybe it will give me a bit of motivation to start some hunts I've wanted to:
    How many REs does it usually take you to get a Shiny?
    On average, the chances should be...
    1 in 8,192 if you're just running through the grass/water/caves/whatever or encountering a stationary pokemon(with a few exceptions, such as Zekrom/Reshiram)
    1 in 2,048 if the pokemon is born from two pokemon who have different nationalities in any 4th generation game.
    1 in 1,365.3 if your pokemon is born from two pokemon who have different nationalities in any 5th generation game.
    1 in 2,730.6 if you're running through grass/water/caves/ect or encountering stationary pokemon if you have an item called the shiny charm.
    1 in 1024 if you're breeding two pokemon with different nationalities in any 5th generation game if you have said shiny charm.
    The chance of a shiny chained with the poke rader is as follows, with the highest chances capping out after you've found 40 pokemon of the same species in a row.
    Chance = (14747 - 40*ChainNumber)/2621440(41-ChainNumber)

I'm still on SR ing Kyrem.It's the 9th day I think.I've been doing nothing but this.I'm really sure I'm above 5000 SRs.Maybe even 10000?
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

So still no luck Sring for Oshawott currently 853 SR's eager to start this badge quest already!!!!

Gratz to all recent shinies and completed community hunts

I have a question bout badge quests, can u have hm slaves/ pickup pokemon or is it exclusively shinies in the party??

Quote Originally Posted by AntoHax1311 View Post
    So still no luck Sring for Oshawott currently 853 SR's eager to start this badge quest already!!!!

Gratz to all recent shinies and completed community hunts

I have a question bout badge quests, can u have hm slaves/ pickup pokemon or is it exclusively shinies in the party??
    You can use any Pokémon. You just have to get a Shiny before each gym.

230 REs in Giant chasm and 90 SRs for the Johto Starters. If I egt something to shine in the Chasm. I will begin Kyurem.

EDIT: I have to double my effort for the next couple o' hours. Going away for the whole evening with a group. Praying for Metang to be nice and grace my screen.
    Last edited by supersmew; 21st February 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Saaatoshi!

Quick question, would shinies caught in Pokemon Colosseum count for the CH? Because I'm thinking of trying for a shiny Aipom... plus the chance is double than normal, because they don't always retain shininess when captured, so it'd take a lot of catching, checking, then resetting XD< but I fancy giving myself a challenge.
    CURRENT SHINIES:
    -TRADE-RE-RE-Trade

CURRENT HUNTS:
    -MM/RE-SR

Quote Originally Posted by ChipperDipper View Post
    Quick question, would shinies caught in Pokemon Colosseum count for the CH? Because I'm thinking of trying for a shiny Aipom... plus the chance is double than normal, because they don't always retain shininess when captured, so it'd take a lot of catching, checking, then resetting XD< but I fancy giving myself a challenge.
    I will not be counting Colosseum shinies, sorry

For our next hunt, we'll be going with something more restricted.
    Also, voting ends Saturday the 23rd. I'll post the result Sunday =)

March CH Vote (As always, please PM your choice to avoid clutter in the thread):

Option 1: Obtain a Bug or Grass type shiny via MM/RE/SR (must have the typing at time of capture/hatching)
    Option 2: Obtain a shiny via MM (must have an EGG move at time of hatching)
    Option 3: Obtain a shiny via SR
    Option 4: Obtain a shiny via RE in Giant Chasm (Cave and Forest areas both count)
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 21st February 2013 at 3:28 PM.
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

350 Eggs for my Nidoran M. I am hoping for the first shiny soon.

Page 137 of 911 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast