Page 138 of 879 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 21969

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

FINALLY! After months and months of endless egg hatching, I proudly present to you a shiny Porygon!!
    This hunt still took more than 2,600 eggs, but it was well worth it in the end.

Behold my awful phone pictures:

1361463848486.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...463879956.jpg/
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Supercow View Post
    FINALLY! After months and months of endless egg hatching, I proudly present to you a shiny Porygon!!
    This hunt still took more than 2,600 eggs, but it was well worth it in the end.

Behold my awful phone pictures:

1361463848486.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...463879956.jpg/
    OMG congratiez on the Porygon! I've been rooting for you to get it for so long~! Congratiez again~! Also, congratiez on all the other recent shinies. Welp, I'm offically at a 2 month shiny drought, due to not knowing what to MM... i'll figure out something -_-" I've collected 3 boxes of bagon eggs, but I haven't hatched them yet... I'm holding out to see the next community hunt winner catigory. GL to everyone on their hunts~* Let's make some star fly~*

EDIT: WOW!!! O.O' Stars really did fly fast xD Congratiez on the shiny Pansear Dangertrout!!!
    Last edited by EmiiLava; 21st February 2013 at 5:56 PM.

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~My Tumblr~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 81~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

As I mentioned earlier, I'm still working on teams for friends...
    While trying to get something with good IVs I hatched a shiny Pansear! It's Timid with Nasty Plot bred into it. Male, as usual I'll edit in the rest of the details later.

yay shiny pansear!!

edit - max defense, special attack and speed. not too shabby for an accident
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 21st February 2013 at 5:51 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

grats on the porygon and on pansear(too bad the next CH didnt start with OPTION 2[youd be soooo far ahead DT XP])

collected 4 boxes of Golett eggs and started hatching, i've been watching shiny golett hunts on YT and most who hunted it at Dragonspiral found one(at least) within a few thousand REs[alot a few hundred]...i know it doesnt mean that everyone will get one that fast but i may try if these eggs turn up nothing(except if after i start REing the next CH is option 2, which then ill go back to MMing[Earthquake and Focus Blast EGG moves :P])

Good Luck on all hunts!!

edit: oh yeah as for the next CH it doesnt matter for me(i have ideas for all options[though i am rooting against one of the options...:P])
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 21st February 2013 at 6:23 PM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Community hunt complete x4!

Yes, only 2 days after Misdreavus shiny Mareep appears on my Soul Silver!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2830f25f.jpg

Looks like I win the race! But good luck to Red La Derp, hope you get your pink sheep soon. :] The nature is Jolly which is pretty bad but its also Mischievous which may mean it has a max special attack IV so I may still make it into a special attacker. But yea, was not expecting it to shine this soon but no complaints here. Gratz to Shiny Supercow on finally getting that Porygon and Dangertrout on the random Pansear! Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

For the past few days I've mainly been working on Terrakion. I want to complete the CH twice, since I most likely won't in March, when I'll focus more on my stupid BQ. So good luck to all.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Hi guys havent been here in a while nice to see all the people i remember still doing great finding ive finally accomplished something and thats getting a hunt all they way to 11000 and thats what im hunting atm and its suicune i really hope i get this shiny soon so i can return to my platinum BQ good luck guys and congrats on the recent shinies
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    7,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------

I hate working full time, barely had any chance to hatch anything for this CH, still under 300 eggs and it's almost the end of the month! Come on Mareep, please shine soon!

FC: 3050-7566-2483 - Kaytee
    Friend Safari- Ground- Trapinch, Dugtrio and Diggersby.

Latest shiny: Frogadier

I have decided to go after a shiny Horsea or Tentacruel in the Whirl Islands. I'm only doing this hunt because it fits the CH and I am searching for a dragon scale to evolve my Seadra. It's my first shiny hunt I plan on actually continuing.
    Last edited by Ytterbium70; 21st February 2013 at 11:42 PM.
    My Platinum Monotype:
    White Team:

Regirock is being quite stubborn... Nearing 6k now. Hopefully this won't go over the odds...

EDIT: Eeeeeee! The delicious one has appeared! Regichoc!!! 5,926 SRs!!! Pics to come!!!

EDIT2: Battle pic - http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps37937df8.jpg

EDIT3: Shinydex - http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f569008.jpg - Blergh... Timid nature... Worst. Nature. Ever.

EDIT4: http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...psc1b8bb53.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a130ca4.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps50a12d58.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ced5497.jpg

EDIT5: IVs...
    HP: 17-18
    Atk: 8-10
    Def: 29
    Sp.Atk: 11-12
    Sp.Def: 2-3
    Speed: 20-21

Not bad, there... But terrible nature...
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 22nd February 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #6 - Rock Smash hunt Cianwood City

7,725 RSEs

Congrats to Jonny7197 on Duosion, Scrufox86 on Druddigon, Shiny Supercow on Porygon, Dangertrout on Pansear, City Of Delusion on Mareep, and TheMaster327 on Regirock!

Sorry to hear about the Wooper, *IZ*.

Did 50 Piplup SRs and 240 REs in Virbank Complex today =\

Also, I've been curious about this for a while...Why does Black 2 keep going even when the system is closed or the home button is pushed? Sometimes I think I'd like to close it and try to get the sparkles if one ever appears (granted, I'll still probably be so surprised that I'd just stare and forget to close it), but I can't since the game keeps going...

Another question while I'm at it. How long will it be before we know if there are shiny locks on the Gen 6 Legnedaries? I mean would it take long after the games come out, or do people just do their RNG stuff right away and they can know?
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,400 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 9,300 REs (+22,843 REs = 2 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#12) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 2,100 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats on Porygon, Pansear, Mareep and Regirock guys! Great work!

Well I officially started the final hunt yesterday and I finally decided I'd hunt for (hopefully) one of the Nidorans. I'm scared I'll run into an Abra but that's the beauty of the game, the risk haha. I've also set up a mini game in my head for this hunt. I'm hoping to find a shiny before I encounter 100 Yanmas since they are 1% appearance rate. So far my hunt stands at 500RE's (6 Yanma seen lol).

Best of luck over the weekend peeps!

Congratulations on all the recent shinies everybody
    Chris, I guess it's probably that people RNG and then they find out... it'll just need a bit of patience.
    I had a dream I got my shiny Wobbuffet last night... so perhaps I find it today? xD I'm up to about 600 eggs, and still nothing...
    Good luck to everybody still hunting

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Also, I've been curious about this for a while...Why does Black 2 keep going even when the system is closed or the home button is pushed? Sometimes I think I'd like to close it and try to get the sparkles if one ever appears (granted, I'll still probably be so surprised that I'd just stare and forget to close it), but I can't since the game keeps going...
    You can only 'pause' the game (either by closing the lid or hitting the home button) if you have your C-Gear switched off; otherwise the game just keeps playing. This applies to Black/White as well.

Congrats on the army of new shinies guys! ^_^

No new shinies for me yet. I'm at 7730 SR for shiny Thundurus, 1500 encounters in my HG badge quest and 1800 encounters in Crystal. I've also been doing a little hunting every now and then for shiny Kecleon in Ruby, Landorus in Japanese Black and Kyurem in Black/White 2 (I'm at 2073 SR for it).

Good luck guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

YES!
    snow day for me, should be able to get in lots of encounters
    How do you guys keep track of encounters?
    My Platinum Monotype:
    White Team:

^I use a calculator. You could just count in your head and make a note of it later.

Anyways, no luck yet. 325 SRs for Rotom, 1000 REs in Pinwheel Forest and 590 SRs for Squirtle. Good luck and congrats on all shinies, including Pansear (awesome shiny if you ask me).

I am planning to hunt in the Game Corner in FR, but I don't know what to hunt yet. I'll see what I want.

EDIT: Gathering up coins in FireRed now for Abra. About 9,500 coins would be enough to buy me 80 Abras XD I think 60 may be enough (7,200 coins)
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 22nd February 2013 at 4:11 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Well looks like those ten boxes of Growlithe eggs contained no golden puppy which brings my egg total to 1,119 eggs(withn the shiny charm) which means that I've gone past the odds. I'm going to store up a box and hatch at villiage bridge then repeat as I have a feeling that it's close. Good luck as always guys.
    ~Raichu~

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

^
    ^ i use the trainer card to keepp track of REs(go to card flip it over and in that box scroll down to # of encounters[write beginning number down and after you succeed or quit write down end number and end number - beginning number, and viola number of REs])

im changing my hunt....again...i was thinking i already have a shiny Dragonite/Haxorus....why not give myself a SHINY DRAGON CHALLENGE...i wont be able to complete it fully until im able to trade over a flygon/salamence...and im not doing the legends....so all i need that i can do is Hydreigon, Druddigon, Garchomp, Altaria, and Kingdra.

...i figured Hydreigon could be my ''Fly'' Poke'....

ill take a break from the dragons after the next CH starts(depends on what the CH will be...)

grats on the recent successes, good luck on all hunts
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Well I've decided to try and squeeze one more shiny for the CH which will be Wynaut via swarm on white. I've always wanted to get a swarm shiny and I should be able to SR this exact swarm if I did it right.. Also, my 7 days or less completed SR hunt streak has came to an end.. yes, Cresselia is now on day 8 breaking the chain but I'm really hoping it doesn't take too much longer. Anyways, thanks for the gratz everyone and gratz to TheMaster on Regirock! Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Out of curiosity: do people here usually consider PokéRadar (or possibly some other method) shinies somehow "less legitimate" than random encounters? I do maybe a bit. I don't like chaining myself, but I have nothing against people that do it. :P Anyways, finding a totally random shiny is so rare that the joy is so much bigger than finding a chained one, IMO! I don't care about having shinies unless I randomly see one. But again: nothing against those who do!

That said, I have only one shiny in all of my games right now. That's what you get when you don't concentrate on searching them! A Crobat, in Pearl. Caught a random shiny Zubat and raised it.

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Hey, everyone!

Quick update on my Litwick hunt: after 1,024 eggs a shiny Litwick finally hatched!

I was watching Netflix, thinking to myself "after this egg I'll be officially past the odds for the Shiny Charm", and there she was - green eyes and all!!

I won't bore you with the details, but I'm excited to finally complete this hunt and move on to my next, which I'm not sure of right now...

Pictures and video below, and of course, my signature has been updated!

Good luck, everyone!

Litwick: http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8687022b.jpg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmQ39jK4Fxc
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Congrats on the shiny litwick, great shiny.

Yeah I myself hold my chained shinies in less regard than all my others. Not sure why, maybe it's cos chaining was getting too easy and was almost guaranteeing a result within about 90 minutes work.

Anyway I've already done a lot of progress on my hunt so far today. 1,500REs (19 Yanma seen). Will continue later.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Congrats on the shiny litwick, great shiny.

Yeah I myself hold my chained shinies in less regard than all my others. Not sure why, maybe it's cos chaining was getting too easy and was almost guaranteeing a result within about 90 minutes work.

Anyway I've already done a lot of progress on my hunt so far today. 1,500REs (19 Yanma seen). Will continue later.

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite View Post
    Out of curiosity: do people here usually consider PokéRadar (or possibly some other method) shinies somehow "less legitimate" than random encounters? I do maybe a bit. I don't like chaining myself, but I have nothing against people that do it. :P Anyways, finding a totally random shiny is so rare that the joy is so much bigger than finding a chained one, IMO! I don't care about having shinies unless I randomly see one. But again: nothing against those who do!

That said, I have only one shiny in all of my games right now. That's what you get when you don't concentrate on searching them! A Crobat, in Pearl. Caught a random shiny Zubat and raised it.
    No i do not consider my pokeradar shinies less valued. I mean i put in all the effort to get a chain up to 40 and to keep restting for a shiny patch so why would they be less valued? I think the majority of pokeradar hate comes from people who cannot chain and so are jealous of those who can. The best thing they can come out with is the "oh well it makes shinies less valued" excuse. For me personally they are my shinies i have gotten so i value them how i like. I never intentionally Random encountered lookng for shinies until Black 2 came out and the shiny charm but i am enjoying it and love it when i see the shiny appear on screen. I don't value the random encounter shinies more at all. Shinies are shinies, all fantastic. Except hacked ones but i don't use cheating devices anyway.

Oh an update - I have been SRing for shiny Latios i think i am up to 350 SR's (including previous attempts to the 45ish ones i have done today). And also i have been MMing Corphish and Treecko but no shiny yet. Egg count is up to 500.
    Shinies are good.

Meh. I can chain. I just hate chaining because it requires me paying attention to my game. Any other method, I can multitask. Chaining, I have to sit there and pay attention to patches of grass.
    I don't value them less.... unless I've chained a bidoof. God, I hate Bidoof. >: (
    Anyways, I value shinies based on how much I like the shiny and how much time I put in to get the shiny, not the method used to get it.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Hey, everyone!

Quick update on my Litwick hunt: after 1,024 eggs a shiny Litwick finally hatched!

I was watching Netflix, thinking to myself "after this egg I'll be officially past the odds for the Shiny Charm", and there she was - green eyes and all!!

I won't bore you with the details, but I'm excited to finally complete this hunt and move on to my next, which I'm not sure of right now...

Pictures and video below, and of course, my signature has been updated!

Good luck, everyone!

Litwick: http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8687022b.jpg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmQ39jK4Fxc
    Awesome! Congrats! That's one of my shiny hunts too! That's amazing how it was at 1,024 xD
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

Page 138 of 879 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast