Page 146 of 945 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 23620

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    If you look in the first post of this thread (the OP), you will see what the current Community Hunt (or CH) is. This month we are hunting Bug or Grass type shinies. (They have to already have the type when you get it to count.)
    You can join in anytime. The way it works is just that you hunt for the months target, and when you find a shiny that meets the criteria you announce "Community Hunt Complete" in your post, along with some details of what you caught.
    Then your name gets added to the list of successful hunts in the OP.

That's all there is to it, nothing fancy. It's just something we do to make hunting shinies a little more fun.

edit - forgot to update on my own hunt I'm at 1300ish encounters now. Still probably have a long while of hunting before anything shines, but that's ok.
    Thank you! Maybe I'll join in this month
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

grats on the Wynaut

I'm 4.5k REs into my hunt for Dreamyards ''Blue Moth''(not including the 3kREs before Ledian)...Aridos would be ok too but Venomoth WAY better...XP

well Good Luck on everyones current hunts.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

So my shiny chansey hunt did not work...but now i am hunting shiny tyrogue! Ooh i am starting my own community shiny hunt for tyrogue on diamond version. Join me. On diamond version once you get a shiny tyrogue tell me with a vistor message and i will tell all my freinds, making you popular.
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

Well since my school's spring track season has started I haven't had much time for hunting this Charmander. I also have regular school work, club activities and other games I want to play. I used to hatch tons of eggs a day but now I can really only hatch like, 20. I hope I can find it soon.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Reached 925 RE's in the Pattern Bush last night. Doing encounters is very relaxing after hatching and storing all those eggs XD. Actually hoping for anything here as I love Shiny Beedrill, Butterfree, Heracross and Ariados. Good luck to you all guys! =)
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

So, last night I gathered three boxes and Shelmet eggs so I could hatch them all today for the CH c: I wasn't expecting to be successful at all, buuuuut, I'm very happy to say - Community Hunt Complete!

Yes, after only 49 eggs, I managed to hatch a Shiny Shelmet :D http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6f484d6c.jpg

I still have a box and a half of eggs to hatch, so maybe I'll get another good result xD

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHybrid View Post
    So, last night I gathered three boxes and Shelmet eggs so I could hatch them all today for the CH c: I wasn't expecting to be successful at all, buuuuut, I'm very happy to say - Community Hunt Complete!

Yes, after only 49 eggs, I managed to hatch a Shiny Shelmet http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6f484d6c.jpg

I still have a box and a half of eggs to hatch, so maybe I'll get another good result xD
    Congratulations! i am so jealous i like shiny Shelmet.

I am trying to get my shiny Treecko. I have hatched almost 1500 eggs now and still no shiny. It is getting irritating. Please shine soon Treecko!

Edit - ok i am now at 1600 Treecko eggs (plus another 200 for other pokemon for the CH) and still have no shiny Treecko. This is dragging on. I may give up and switch to an RE hunt not CH related.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 5th March 2013 at 2:20 AM.
    Shinies are good.

Gratz SilverHybrid on Shelmet, shiny Accelgor is epic!

I'm at about 700 REs in on my secret hunt and day 4 of SRing for Registeel, I'm not really expecting anything to shine this early on but who knows? Good luck everyone! :]
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

...well i have good news and some disappointing news...

GOOD NEWS: after 5924 REs I GOT A SHINY!!!

DISAPPOINTING NEWS: ...it was a Liepard(F)...level 47 Calm nature mischievous with Limber ability, stats are HP 118 ATK 89 DEF 52 SPATK 102 SPDEF 67 SPEED 107...didnt have a shiny Liepard yet but was hoping for Venomoth/Ariados(mostly moth)...so guess ill MM him...

grats on shellmet/others i missed

good luck on current hunts
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    ...well i have good news and some disappointing news...

GOOD NEWS: after 5924 REs I GOT A SHINY!!!

DISAPPOINTING NEWS: ...it was a Liepard(F)...level 47 Calm nature mischievous with Limber ability, stats are HP 118 ATK 89 DEF 52 SPATK 102 SPDEF 67 SPEED 107...didnt have a shiny Liepard yet but was hoping for Venomoth/Ariados(mostly moth)...so guess ill MM him...

grats on shellmet/others i missed

good luck on current hunts

dang that was a lot of re's i remember my musada method shiny milotic took like over 1000+ eggs if i remember correctly XD its been a year since i shiny hunted...congrats though guys on the shinies...i use to be the master at chaining...i just been so busy with my guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Ho-Oh the Rainbow Pokemon View Post
    Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

I've taken a break from MMing Zorua and have been SRing for Terrakion. No luck so far, but I haven't been able to hunt much because of school. Might do some hunting a bit later after I finish my homework. I really want that shiny Terrakion. Already have a nickname picked out for him and everything... I won't give up though. Good luck to everyone else still hunting!
    Good luck! Terrakion is really nice! What do you plan on nicknaming it? Or is that a secret...

Anyway, the complex is going on nicely. I really want Growlithe, or Koffing to shine. Patrat would be nice too, because then I could reclaim a shiny random Watchog I encountered long ago.

Good luck to everybody!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Hatched 65 eggs today which brings my egg total to 160 eggs, not much anyway but i still hope it will shine soon,
    Hope your Treecko will shine soon too, Scrufox!!

Good luck everyone with their hunts!
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

Congrats on everyone's recent shinies!

I'm up to 6,400ish REs for Route 32 and I'm pretty happy about it. Hopefully something will shine soon, but it hasn't been the worst hunt, so I can't complain.

Good luck everybody!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

hmm. so this is what happened, I was EV Training my Shiny Raichu , and used the Poke Radar in my Pearl so it is easy to EVTrain, im training it in Starly, iv'e reach 40 and got a SHiny Starly and continued my chain expecting that i will get more, however no other shiny patch appear until 81th chain and it broke, a Gastly broke my chain. But wait, that Gastly is colored blue. It was a Shiny Gastly broke my chain, phew, so it was my First Surprised Random Encounter . hehe. im am so close to fill a Box of Shiny by chaining.
    FC WHITE 2 : FROZ 3569-0574-7035

TIME ZONE GMT+8

Congrats on the shiny Starly and Gastly, I once found a shiny that broke my chain as well. Also congrats on the Liepard and Shelmet, and to anyone else with recent shinies!

So I stayed up late Saturday night searching for a shiny, and I guess I found the most appropriate nighttime shiny!

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/6736/lunatoneinbattle.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4851/lunatonesummary.jpg

It wasn't the Tangela I was looking for, but the blue eye on Lunatone is still really awesome. It took 2,199 REs in the outer part of Giant Chasm, making it my longest double grass hunt on B2. I think I might try to MM a shiny Treecko, my favorite shiny Grass starter, for the CH.

Good luck to everyone else, especially Scrufox on that Treecko!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Hi guys, it's being a very long time since my last post... but is not like in the meantime the shiny pokémon left me, I RE -not really hunting- on my Pokémon Black a shiny Basculin, a shiny Audino and an adorable shiny Seewadle

But now to the news, I just hatched one of my "All-Times Favorite" shiny Pokémon and a first for me, an awesome shiny Nidoran boy, and of course he doesn't come alone, in my hunt for him I hatched a shiny Nidoran girl, so now i have the shiny power-couple
    I love my shiny Nido-pair, and they are perfect for my first post on this "new" topic

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...5/DSC00057.jpg
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...5/DSC00058.jpg

I'll most probably be joining this month CH, although I still don't know which poké to hunt, by the way the shiny Nidoran girl hatched on Feb so... CH Completed!!!

Congrats guys on your new shiny poké and Good Luck with your current hunts
    I'll be reading you guys Pura Vida
    Last edited by Shiny Hunter Se7en; 7th March 2013 at 7:51 PM.

"Death in Bloom"

So I have a 5 hour car ride on Friday, and another one on Sunday to get back home and I was thinking maybe I would finally complete a Shiny hunt and not just give up. I haven't finished my White 2 game yet, because I just didn't play it after the first week until about three days ago, but I plan to have it finished by tomorrow night. What area should I hunt in? I'm not looking for a specific Pokemon, I'm just looking for a Shiny.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

This Saturday (March 9) will mark two months that I've been searching for shiny Wobbuffet/wynaut, and I still haven't had any luck. At least I got the shiny zubat last month, but I still want Wobbuffet. Here's where I'm searching so far (I change methods day to day):

-- Wynaut swarms on White (I haven't battled Plasma and the Elite 4 on Black yet)
    -- Dual hunting Dark Cave on HeartGold and SoulSilver
    -- Pokeradar'ing Lake Verity on Platinum (my glutton for punishment phase since I've had rotten luck at Pokeradar; my longest Wobbuffet chain is 17)

Hopefully it'll work soon. If I don't get one by April, I'll try MM'ing.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I've reached 2,6111 RE's in Pattern Bush and am levelling up my team as I go. Congrats on the Lunatone, Wynaut and Nidoran M. I just received some bad news. I lent my friend Sapphire and she informed me that the battery has gone dry. I don't have Ruby so now I can't hunt an R/S/E shinies, like Mudkip, Poochyena, Ralts and more. =(
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

I stopped my other current shiny hunts and currently decided to RE for any pokemon esp Ledyba in my LG at Pattern Bush. 4060 SR's after playing ingame 6 hours in it nya~

Congrats to those who got a shiny since my last post. My BQ's have been going well, nearing 5,000 RE's on W2, about 3,200 on W and am nearing 100hrs of game time since my last shiny on HG. My SR hunt has been set aside, I haven't given up I'm still saved before Latios, but I won't be hunting on my B2 for a bit. I'm also at 450eggs on my B in my hunt for Skorupi.

Now that all my updates are out the way here is my news. I decided after dinner that I'd play my Soul Silver game tonight and leave picking up on my hunts until tomorrow. No surprise less than 20 minutes after turning the game on this little oddish appeared. I am both shocked and amused. So an unexpected shiny as well as community hunt complete.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...psb07b63ba.jpg

Good Luck to everyone on your hunts
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Congratiez on the recent shinies everyone~! Welp, my birthday has passed, and no shiny pokemon yet. I'm going nearing a 3 month drought now. I'm taking a break from hunting for me and my friend's together Nuzlocke. I'll become a bit better with my hunt for shiny eevee by MM after this bit of a break. I collected one box of eevee eggs though so i'm still slightly active in the hunt I guess. Again, congratiez on the shinies, and GL to everyone on their hunts~*

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

I'm still working on my 1st B2 BQ shiny, nearing 2K encounters now. Boredom is beginning to set in, so I'm also MMing Caterpie on my W2 game and REing in the same area as my BQ while hatching the eggs.
    Splitting my attention is making it all less efficient, but better than being bored and quitting
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Guys I have a question.I've been SRing Kyurem for a month and nothing yet.
    I really need a break to train my newest shinies.Can I just leave Kyurem there and return later?Will he still be there?
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

A lot of shinies already this month, congrats everyone!

I didn't manage to complete the CH for February as my Mareep failed to shine so I'm taking a break and having a go at this months CH instead! I've gone for Joltik, got my fingers crossed that I'll have better luck this month!

FC: 3050-7566-2483 - Kaytee
    Friend Safari- Ground- Trapinch, Dugtrio and Diggersby.

Latest shiny: Frogadier

Page 146 of 945 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast