Page 148 of 825 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 20605

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    So you're saying people who were unlucky enough to have their hunts go past 25k have no life? That's a pretty ignorant assumption to make but sorry to hear you didn't have enough patience to finish your Zorua hunt.

Gratz to RaichuArcanine on Litwick and Bleu on Ekans, Rapidash and Voltorb! Nice job guys. :]
    Thankyou! And most of us do actually have lives, hence why my Latias hunt is taking me so long. I actually haven't booted up White 2 in a while, I should get on top of that. I have a job I juggle between daily outings, I just like to hunt when I'm suffering an art/writing block
    or perhaps just can't think of anything constructive to do that day. It's better than nothing. Besides, the hunk of adrenaline it gives off upon finding one is exhilarating, it's definitely worth the effort.

I finally uploaded my video of Voltorb, even though I used the same camera the video quality looks substantially better. Perhaps it was due to the dark room? I don't really know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krmRrcwji4k

im at 2550 REs for Venomoth(15k REs total including Ledian/Liepard), and bout 2 days into Scyther(still no fan of SR...)
    I empathize. I have terrible patience with SRing and whenever I try to keep myself busy with R/Eing in another game between load times, I always find the shiny in that game first (Ekans and Rapidash were brilliant examples of this.). Either way, hopefully that Scyther shines shortly to end your pain, because in my honest opinion a green Scizor looks incredible. Venemoth is one of my top pokemon, so good luck to acquiring him.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Congrats on all the recent shinies! I haven't been on in a while for 3 main reasons. #1: work #2: I got married on Sunday and #3: still no shiny Eevee number 5. I just hit 5,000 REs with the shiny charm (I think it is broken). No fun. Oh well. It has almost been 3 months since my last shiny, which was Eevee number 4. I don't know how I am gonna get 5 more Eevee and stay motivated. :/

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and I hope y'all have better luck than me!
    Wow, congratulations on getting married! I hope you and your partner will have a great life together
    Congratulations on all the recent shinies, too, and good luck to those still hunting. I haven't actually managed to start for this CH yet, but I'm going to try and get a Root Fossil tonight, either at Twist Mountain or from Cliff Cave, so maybe I'll just get a shiny this month, and make it the first of the year. Happy hunting, everybody

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Yeah Im new here ^-^ But I just wanted to say Congrats to everyone being luckier then me xD

I just got the Shiny Charm a couple days ago. But before that I was trying to SR for Shiny Regigigas in White 2. And then move on to maybe RE for something else.

As for my Soul Silver, Im trying to SR for Lugia then move down the line of Legendary pokemon in SS. And also the starters you get from Oak and Steven.

Im gonna do that same in HG for them all again.

But if this counts I guess I completed the community hunt complete thing.

I was just playing my HG yesterday night around 6pm CST. And im at the Ilex forest helping the dude get his two farfetch'd. And after I get them for him, I go to the guy that teachs you Headbutt, And I RE not even trying to find it, I get a Shiny Metapod <_> I almost ran from it x:

But I guess if im allowed to do this x:

Community Hunt Complete : Bug or Grass -> Metapod

If this is good enough, I think I can try to figure out how to put a pic here of it. Sometime later this week or the weekend

Good evening all. =D.
    Firstly, congrats to Seven, Cyndajay, City, Scrufox, John niles, Via, Pop princess lyra, SEGludian, Raichu arcanine, Bleu and demonslayer on their shinies, since my last post. Also major congrats to Zane on being the luckiest shiny hunter to currently inhabit planet earth. Special congrats to Kitty though, hope you have a happy life together.
    Now to me. Bulbasaur is at 360 eggs now, so im going fast by MY accounts. Im gonna leave squirtle if i have enough time in March to hunt a bug type too (maybe). Gl to you all ESPECIALLY the master.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Good luck to all shinies. I'm out of my Zorua hunt. It's far too exhausting, repetitive and dull. Plus, I realized I had a life unlike people who go to the trouble of 25,000+ encounters :P
    I would complain about this, but people will anyways.

I did 30 REs in the Village Bridge and a lot of SRs on my Badge Quest. Maybe I should be counting... *shrug*

Saaatoshi!

.... Hi guys cocoadragon here sadly, with no shiny news!(wb zane!

I wannna say congrats on that beautiful litwick,Bleu on all 3 of those shinies and congrats to city on the awesome wynaut as for me im now @2000 SRs for rotom and 3400 SRs/10200 jhotostarters seen in my jhoto starter hunt im not gonna complain im actually having quite alot of fun with these hunts . I would say something about the person who insulted people who have long hunts but i don't wanna get involved gl on your zorua.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/96kmcn.png[/IMG]
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    17,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/110x9b6.gif[/IMG]

Going to do some more hunting today. Probably 30 more eggs for the CH and then maybe more random encounters for the elusive Litwick.
    Didn't get to do much over the weekend because of work and same with this weekend >.> I'm up to 90 eggs for Shroomish and still
    just over 1200 RE's for Litwick. Since the servers are down on Simcity I can get hopefully a bunch of Pokemon time in!
    - reopening 8/11
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 36

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Plus, I realized I had a life unlike people who go to the trouble of 25,000+ encounters :P
    I know a enough people have commented on this but, I can say this comment does apply to me. While I went through a ridiculous ~26000 SR's for a shiny Rayquaza last year, I still manage to have a life enough to the point where I'm in sports and will be graduating in 3 months as my high school's valedictorian. I can say somewhat confidently that a lot of time spent playing video games doesn't necessarily equate to a poor social life. Regardless, we're all shiny hunters here, so I don't see a reason to make a comment that would insult other shiny hunters here.

On a slightly brighter note, I've been getting some more progress in my BQ, though unfortunately, I've had no success. I'm now at 10800 RE's, which puts me beyond the longest of my BQ hunts so far. I've also been sick lately, so I don't know how much progress I can get in the next few days, though seeing a shiny soon would totally brighten my day. Meanwhile, good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Well I just hit 6,900 REs for my BQ hunt on SS on Route 32. I made slow progress today and yesterday, but I suspect I'll pick it up this weekend and hopefully hit the odds by next monday.

Anyways congrats and good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hatched a shiny Ralts!
    Surskit is up next for CH.

Also finished my Living Dex thanks to the Meloetta event! Woot!

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Dang.. Congratulations on all the great catches!
    I am still trying to find a foreign Ditto to start hunting............
    Been looking since I joined the forum...

@OnceDone I'd be more than happy to lend you my Japanese ditto if you like. I'm going keep hatching eggs now for a Shiny Litwick for myself and hunt in the pattern bush when I get bored/frustrated or get the urge to RE. At 3,350 RE's for that now. I've hatched 7 eggs since the shiny Litwick hatched that I'll be giving to my friend. Going to put is as my only part pokemon even though it doesn't have Flame Body for inspiration. Good luck as always guys!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Platinum BQ: 1. Hunting: 15,767 SR's
    X BQ: 1. Hunting: 15 SR's.
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Dang.. Congratulations on all the great catches!
    I am still trying to find a foreign Ditto to start hunting............
    Been looking since I joined the forum...
    The easiest and quickest way, I find, is just to put a Ditto on the GTS and ask for another Ditto in return. Both times I tried this I got a Japanese Ditto, because other people will understand what you're getting at.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Congrats to Ceecee-Typhlosian on Cyndaquil, City Of Delusion on Wyanut, SilverHybrid on Shelmet, JAWAYami on Liepard, eleiefarozi on Starly and Gastly, pokemaster13 on Lunatone, Shiny Hunter Se7en on one male and one female Nidoran, Cyndajay on Oddish, GottaEarnThemAll on Weedle, Scrufox86 on Treecko, JohnNiles on Turtwig, VIA on Dialga and Kyurem, wiccan11 on Shelment, PopPrincess_Lyra on Weedle, SEGludian on Volcarona, Zane Clarthy on Cottonee and Drifblim and Virizion and Eevee and another Eevee and Golduck and Corphish (phew!), RaichuArcanine on Litwick, Bleu on Ekans and Rapidash and Voltorb, Demonslayer492 on Metapod, and Scot_82 on Ralts!

And congrats KittyKitty3308! To be honest, I read every part of your post *except* number 2 for some reason, but I saw in Roseheart95's post right below instead...

I think I got everyone, but my screen closed on Tuesday when I was trying to minimize...It didn't say it crashed, but if I try to close the browser and there's typing in here, I'll get a message about losing it all, so IDK what happened ;_; But I decided I'd go back to my last post and skim up to where I remember leaving off on Tuesday and then read everything from there, so I finally finished!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Regardless, we're all shiny hunters here, so I don't see a reason to make a comment that would insult other shiny hunters here.
    Good luck to all shinies. I'm out of my Zorua hunt. It's far too exhausting, repetitive and dull. Plus, I realized I had a life unlike people who go to the trouble of 25,000+ encounters :P
    What? Jealousy is evolving! Congratulations, your Jealousy has evolved into Immaturity! Well, that was my guess regarding the reasoning for his comment. But I know what you mean, Gustavo

I wasn't really going to comment directly to him either though, because I just figured he was jealous =\

As for me...I picked up a sore throat/cold I think on Sunday, which I heard a couple co-workers also had sore throats, so I'm guessing that's the source...Today and yesterday have been the worst, since my chest is starting to hurt and my throats just a little sore.

I haven't done a whole lot of hunting though...In part because I've been sick, but I also hung out with a friend Monday night after work (and we went to GameStop so I didn't feel lame pulling out my XL and getting Meloetta :3 ), on Tuesday, I spent most of the day hanging out with a different friend, and after work yesterday, I was just resting and watching TV.

But I think I might hunt some more today. Still working on SRing Piplup and REing Growlithe in Virbank.

Good luck, everyone!
    Last edited by Cpchris; 7th March 2013 at 4:12 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 14,700 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#11) (Dragon's Den) - Magikarp: 600 REs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

I guess I'm kinda confused as to why someone would come in to a shiny thread and bash on everyone because of their hobby. It'd be like going into an RNG thread and bashing the hell out of people who RNG... It's odd.

Anyways, congrats to PopPrincess_Lyra on the shiny Weedle, SEGludian on the shiny Larvesta, Zane Clarthy on the shiny Cottonee, Drifblim, Virizion, Eevee(s), and Golduck (P.S. - you're a jerk :P ), RaichuArcanine on the shiny Litwick, and Bleu on the shiny Ekans and Rapidash.

As for myself, I just got done hatching a shiny I'd always wanted, but wasn't very motivated to hunt.

It's another quick hunt, and after only 258 eggs, I hatched a shiny, male Phanpy!

Here's the video, and here's my new Phanpy:

I'm not sure what I want to hunt next, but I'm sure I'll check back soon and let you all know. Any ideas/suggestions? And of course, my sig has been updated!

Good luck, everyone!
    Last edited by YNCRN; 7th March 2013 at 4:41 PM.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Community Hunt COMPLETED!!!
    and to keep the theme she is one of my "All Times Favorite" shiny Pokémon
    http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...5/DSC00059.jpg

Since I'm done with the "plant" part of the CH I think I'm gonna go after an "All Times Favorite" shiny bug pokémon

Congrats guys, awesome shinies has been caught
    Good Luck guys with your hunts, I'll be reading you later
    Pura Vida
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Super Special Congratulations to Kitty, like everyone else I hope you have a long and happy life with your partner
    Last edited by Shiny Hunter Se7en; 7th March 2013 at 6:52 PM.

"Death in Bloom"

Gratz to Demonslayer492 on Metapod, Scot_82 on Ralts, YNCRN on Phanpy (So cool seeing your sig grow! I remember when it only had 2 shinies :]) and Shiny Hunter Se7en on Budew! Also, Special gratz to KittyKitty on getting married!

My secret hunt is nearly at 4k encounters, still a bit to soon to be expecting it to shine but I'm really eager for it! Registeel is now at day 7.. ._. I miss the days when my SR targets shone in under a week but oh well, it'll shine eventually. Well that's all for now, good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

WOO HOO/BOO HOO..3rd shiny at Dreamyard wasnt the charm...after 4838 REs a shiny Kricketune(F) appeared...Impish nature, Swarm ability, and somewhat of a clown...stats are: HP 134 ATK 86 DEF 62 SPATK 63 SPDEF 56 SPEED 80...probably just MM Venomoth(DY running out of new shinies to get :P).
    Oh yeah Community Hunt Complete x2
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Oh yeah how are you guys getting images to appear in the thread? Last time I checked [IMG] code was off at the bottom. Is there another way?

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

YES! After about 400 eggs, I finally hatched a shiny Charmander! My shiny grail has finally been achieved.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Oh yeah how are you guys getting images to appear in the thread? Last time I checked [IMG] code was off at the bottom. Is there another way?
    I was wondering this too. Anyway congrats YNCRN, Scot_82, Demonslayer, JAWAYami, Shiny Hunter, and anyone else I missed! Keep up the great work everyone! As for me my community hunt is going great and I am having a blast hatching Bulbasaur eggs ^.^ I have the rest of the day off today so I might get lucky. Keep at it everyone and if you're working on a long hunt don't give up! Until next time
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Interesting news to add on here. Heard that breeding with a foreign pokemon (ditto in my case) on Black 2 increases the chance of a shiny offspring so decided to get one. Left it in to just breed a Rhyhorn (not aiming for shiny) and got a shiny one! Too bad I wasn't Nature or move breeding at the time or it would be more desirable to use in battle...

*Felt the need to point out this is significant since it was the one time I wasn't trying to utilize the Masuda Method.
    Last edited by Cronkr; 8th March 2013 at 4:00 AM.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cronkr View Post
    Interesting news to add on here. Heard that breeding with a foreign pokemon (ditto in my case) on Black 2 increases the chance of a shiny offspring so decided to get one. Left it in to just breed a Rhyhorn (not aiming for shiny) and got a shiny one! Too bad I wasn't Nature or move breeding at the time or it would be more desirable to use in battle...
    It's been like that since gen 4 dude, its called the masuda method

Oh hooray I found this thread!
    Hello everyone!
    I used to be here waaaay back, like 2 years ago, but stopped playing pokemon due to work. But now I am back!
    I currently have 4 shinies:
    Chandelure from REing
    Eevee from chaining
    Whimsicott from MM
    And a poochyena that appeared out of the blue
    I am currently MM for a shiny milotic, and i'm already in the 300 ; ; sob
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

I have decided to restart my old hunts of Heatmor and Zorua MM. I haven't even been in a daycare on Pokémon in months. Will hatch 3 boxes of Heatmor and 2-3 boxes of Zorua hopefully.

Good luck to everyone in their hunts!

Saaatoshi!

Page 148 of 825 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast