Page 149 of 941 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 23514

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Fine, I probably didn't choose the best of words, I admit it. I love how everyone got butthurt by a mere comment; that just goes to show that deep down, I have a bit of reason and perhaps *some* not all of all, really do waste a lot of time. But everyone can do what they like; I couldn't be less worried! Relax!

Still, I hope I can resume my Zorua hunt in the near future. Congrats on the shinies so far, especially that Heatmor hunt. The shiny form is spectacular.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Fine, I probably didn't choose the best of words, I admit it. I love how everyone got butthurt by a mere comment; that just goes to show that deep down, I have a bit of reason and perhaps *some* not all of all, really do waste a lot of time. But everyone can do what they like; I couldn't be less worried! Relax!

Still, I hope I can resume my Zorua hunt in the near future. Congrats on the shinies so far, especially that Heatmor hunt. The shiny form is spectacular.
    Well, we really don't waste our time. We spend just as much time hunting as others do IV breeding or EV training.

As for me, I'm still motivated in the Virbank Complex. I'm hoping for Koffing and Growlithe still. I'm not expecting a quick hunt, due to my insane luck in the last half of February.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Community Hunt Complete!

130th Shiny!

Secret Hunt Revealed!

After exactly 5000 Re's (no joke!) this awesome bug decided to shine. The nature is Lonely which is meh, but I've always thought shiny Masquerain looked awesome so when I found out this months CH is Bug or Grass I had to go for it! Not sure what to hunt for next but I'll update my sig when I decide but in the meanwhile, Registeel still remains stubborn lol. Good luck everyone and gratz on the recent shinies :].
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

Well Gratz to everyone that has got a shiny since the last time I got my Metapod.

My hunts are gonna take forever. Lugia has just topped 700 SR on SoulSilver.
    Ho-oh is only 100 for now. I think Im gonna bounce between my games at a certain number of SR. So when I hit 1k for Lugia and its not shiny im gonna change to Ho-oh, then Regigigas when I get a Japanese Ditto on Sunday. Pearl is what im doing right now for Giratina with only 50 SR right now. I've had things to do but im still slowly SRing for them :/

I was going to congratulate everyone singularly, but there's been a lot of shinies since my last post so I gave up. But HUGE congrats to everyone who got a shiny, it's extremely motivating even if I'm just a little jealous

Anyways, my hunts are being kinda slow, my own fault partially. I haven't done any Snivy SR's in a little over a week now, but I plan to do at least 50 tonight and slowly get back into it! I stopped shiny hunting for a few days to play Virtues Last Reward constantly haha :3
    As for Virbank Complex, I'm just over 4000 now, and I'm beginning to wander if my Shiny Charm really is broken! One hunt over 10,000 RE (only 5000 with the charm) and now this one is slowly creeping up to 5000 also. When do I got my 50 RE shiny, eh? Ah well, I don't mind it taking a while, I'm just really anxious for a Growlithe! Though Koffing is a nice 2nd best.
    I also started a MM hunt for Nincada for the CH, though unless I finish this Virbank hunt soon it'll be a slow hunt. If it gets to the 20th and still no Virbank shiny appears, I'll switch to Nincada so I can try and get just one CH shiny! So far I've only got 1 in November and 1 in February.

Anyways, that's all my updates! I'm also planning a secret MM hunt and my 2nd Platinum BQ shiny eventually when I have less hunts on the go!
    Good luck everyone on your hunts!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Today? My first ever shiny! Playing Platinum. Moaning about my Pikachu attracting electric types with Static...

suddenly...sparkles...SHINY SHINX!

I transferred him to W2 and is now a Luxray! My goal is a box of shinies. Which Pokémon should I MM?

Quote Originally Posted by Jelicent View Post
    Today? My first ever shiny! Playing Platinum. Moaning about my Pikachu attracting electric types with Static...

suddenly...sparkles...SHINY SHINX!

I transferred him to W2 and is now a Luxray! My goal is a box of shinies. Which Pokémon should I MM?
    Congrats! Maybe you could MM a Bug or a Grass type and complete the Community Hunt!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Oh, whoa!

Nice Surskit, City of Delusion! I really enjoy the way a shiny Masquerain looks! That's an awesome shiny, and an awesome number to catch it on! Also, congrats to Jelicent on the shiny Shinx!

As for my next MM hunt, I've decided, and am currently trying to hatch for a parent with strong IV's.

Woot!

Good luck, everyone - and keep with it!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Congrads to all the shiny hunters since my last post. I'm on my second day of Magikarp MM hunting (hope to continue that tonight when I get home). I'm curious what's the fastest you(all shiny hunters that is) ever got using the MM? Axew was my fastest with the first egg I hatched never been as lucky since.
    My Shiny list has grown more than the sig can handle. No biggie I'm a shiny hunter and proud of my many many shinies. I'm always looking for more to complete my shiny living pokedex. I know it sounds crazy but I'm up to 16 boxes. I do have many extra shinies that I'm willing trade for ones I'm missing. My top ten shinies I'm looking right now are: 1) Arbok 2) Hypno 3) Natu 4) Regice 5)Plusle 6) Groundon 7) Torkoal 8)Snover 9) Cobalion 10) Spritzee. I need many more but I figure listing a few wouldn't hurt.

Wow, congratulations on all of the shinies everyone =D Already seems to be a load of shinies gathered for this month so far ~

Anyways, still haven't had much luck with hatching a shiny Eevee - hatched over 400 eggs at this moment in time, but I'mma still keep trying. Plus, I'm thinking about hunting for some other shinies alongside Eevee, I'm not too sure of what yet, but I have a couple of ideas ~

I'm at 860 eggs for my Nidoran M and haven't been hunting much lately (Mystery Dungeon Demo).

Congratulations to all, especially Jelicent I still remember how exciting finding my first shiny was.

im at 300 Venonat eggs in my MM hunt(not alot i know),but decided to try to RE at Route 12 first...nothing yet(want almost every shiny there[besides cherrim...awful shiny IMO] but hoping for Heracross/Pinsir/Rapidash/Dunsparce/Metapod....good chance to get 1 of those XD).

as for my shortest MM its a 3 way tie between Feebas, Snivy, and Eevee at around 100-120 and Deino close at 153 ....but most of my other MMs were 1000+ eggs

grats on all recent shinies/good luck on all ongoing hunts!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Hi everyone, I've been lurking through this thread for a while but was nervous to post as I've never been apart of something like this (so sorry if I do something wrong, if I do just let me know and I'll make sure not to do it again in the future). I'm not sure if there is a specific thing I am supposed to do in order to be accepted into this thread (if there is let me know and I'll fix it).

Anyway, I'm a relatively new shiny hunter. I had tried in years past to hunt shinnies but never had the patience for it. But since this last January I have been getting obsessed with shiny hunting and have gotten several these last couple months. I was wanting to wait to join until I got another shiny, but I was taking a break from my string of fairly longish hunts to complete the national 'dex in my white 2 version so I wasn't expecting anything until spring break and didn't want to post and then neglect this place for two weeks.

But today, with a strange feeling that I would get a shiny, I began hatching for the pre-evolved forms of pokemon I needed to fill in the remaining slots on my pokedex. I had placed my nidoking in the daycare long enough to get an egg (hoping for a nidoran male) before taking it out (so I wouldn't get more eggs than necessary). When that egg finally hatched my heart jumped a little seeing an odd looking nidoran female hatch. But my mind just wasn't with me today because when I saw it was female I felt a little disheartened as I would have to dig out my nidoking again and hatch another egg or two. So I placed it in my PC and continued on my way. It took me a full minute to realize that the female nidoran was pink and female nidoran were blue not pink. I instantly raced back to my PC and sure enough I have myself a completely random 1/8192 shiny nidoran female (both my nidoking and ditto were from my own engilsh pokemon games)! It was the first nidoran egg hatched and the 9th or 10th egg hatched today.

She's bold and alert to sounds. I have no idea what to name her, any suggestions?

Sorry for the novel I wrote; I have a tendency to over explain things.

Hello everyone. Congratulations on all shinies since my last post.

I have an update. Welll i have been MMing on my white version and so i have been busy filling up all 8 free boxes with a different pokemon each just for fun. I am not expecting anything from white version but i am planning to fill up all 8 free boxes on my black 2 version and dual hatch the eggs. I am unsure what to do on black 2 though, i mean i haven't properly RE'd a shiny since my shiny druddigon and that was over 2 weeks ago (i even made a list of areas i could try to RE for a shiny, i started with areas i had none of the pokemon in shiny form so that it didn't matter what shined and then went down). But at the same time i have been trying to MM a shiny Totodile for ages... I think i may fill up the boxes ready to MM but then try to RE something on route 5 as i have none of those pokemon in shiny form.

Good luck with your shiny hunting people!
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by wiccan11 View Post
    Congrads to all the shiny hunters since my last post. I'm on my second day of Magikarp MM hunting (hope to continue that tonight when I get home). I'm curious what's the fastest you(all shiny hunters that is) ever got using the MM? Axew was my fastest with the first egg I hatched never been as lucky since.
    1st shiny I got from mming ever- Shiny Archen 4 eggs- Hatched in Pokemon Black. Never had anything hatch as quickly as that since.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Congrats on the many recently obtained shinies everyone!

I made awesome progress today in my SS BQ on route 32, hitting a great 8,002 REs. Hoping to see it shine by 9,000 at this point.

Good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

5 hours of REing for a shiny Frillish. Nothing yet, but I'll get it eventually. I have another 5 hour drive on Sunday so I'll work more on it then too.

I'm not much of a shiny Hunter but I do have a collection coming long for pure encounters and even some from Gen 2 and Emu playthroughs. I recently came across a Shiny Modest Poliwag and now it's Politoad. I also Got the Shiny Gyrodos, The Legendary Trio Events, and the gift Grible for beat Black Tower. Currently wait on my Sister to beat her same, so I can get the last few Pokemon to get the shiny Haxorus.

I chain for a Shiny Starly and came across a Shiny Tentacool, Metatite, Wingull (Though I kill it by mistake so didn't catch it), and Tentacruel. I had a Shiny Golbat, Alakazam, and Butterfree in my first Gold run. I also came across a Shiny Rattata in Gold and Leaf Green (On the first route before getting my Pokedex), a Shiny Makuhita and Spinda in Ruby. That about it that I've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    Oo thats alot of shinys. Virizion is my favourite shiny sprite for a legendary.
    Yeah, Virizion is amazing in shiny form. And yeah, it's a lot of shinies, but I just wanted to clarify, as I've gotten a couple of people asking me ... these all didn't appear within a week. They've all appeared in the months since December.

Thanks to City Of Delusion, PaddysTurtwigFanClub, cocoadragon, Cpchris, and YNCRN for the congrats, and thanks to everyone else in general! Good luck to all of you guys and chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Haha, I don't think you even chose the best words right now, either. I have to wonder, though: Why do people care so much about what other people do with their time? So what if someone enjoys shiny hunting or golfing or surfing or drawing or flirting? I just find it amusing when people come on to a Pokemon forum of all things and feel like they have to post a question because otherwise, what, they can't sleep at night if they don't know the answer?

Congrats to RaichuArcanine, Bleu, KittyKitty (on her marriage), Demonslayer, YNCRN, ShinyHunterSe7en, JAWAYami, Wyverndust, Nesquik, City of Delusion and Jelicent on their newest captures. Awesome stuff!

Wyverndust, if you're still having trouble with a nickname for your shiny, might I suggest looking up the Pokemon itself in Bulbapedia, for instance, and looking for keywords that describe the Pokemon. Also, you can look at the trivia or the name origins and work out from there what sort of a creature the Pokemon might be based upon, then look up information about that creature. Something might spring out at you.

Origin

She shares traits of rhinoceroses, gorillas, rabbits and porcupines. The coverings on her chest and her lower abdomen collectively resemble a two-piece bikini worn by human females.

Name origin

Nidoqueen may be a combination of needle and queen (reflective of its gender and being the final evolution). Nido may also be based on cnidocyte, a type of venomous cell responsible for the stings delivered by stinging animals, most notably by jellyfish. Alternatively, it may be based on 二 ni (two) or 二度 nido (two times/two degrees), referring to there being two distinct evolutionary lines using the name with similar names and traits.
    So, you have a few things to work from there. Needles, Queens, Venoms, etc. If you need any help, let me know.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Alright, time for my shiny update.

Currently at 3301 eggs for Shroomish on Black2, Black and Pearl.
    3184+4113 for a Gamecorner shiny in LeafGreen.
    2050 RE for a Route 32 shiny in my HeartGold Johto Badge Quest.
    1500 RE in Petalburg Woods on Ruby #2 and Sapphire #2.
    5830 for Torchic on Sapphire #3

Good luck to everyone, and congrats on all the new shinies.
    Hoping for some shiny luck soon.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Community Hunt Complete! After about 1000 eggs my beautiful Bulbasaur decided to shine! Also, congrats to everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post. Keep up the great work, it is your success stories that keep me motivated. I will most likely be taking a (short) break from shiny hunting to play through my Japanese Black 2 that arrived today ^.^ For my next hunt I will most likely be MMing for Squirtle to finish up my Gen 1 starters. Until next time

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps53a75db5.png
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps3250d0a0.png
    Last edited by Markasdarkas; 9th March 2013 at 7:37 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Congrats on all the recent shinies including city, YNCRN and markasdarkas on bulbasaur!
    @Markadarkas, you seem to be doing what i'm doing, with the kanto starters. I would race only i think im gonna do a different hunt after bulbasaur.
    Speaking of Bulbasaur , im at 450 eggs, this is probably the fastest i've went for a mm, so hopefully he'll shine soon. Gl all!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone!
    I finally got my feebas to shine after 464 eggs!

http://i.imgur.com/Yne6I0e.jpg
    It's a mild nature which isn't too bad
    Now to hatch the rest of the boxes I've stored....haaa
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Congrats to all shinies!

I haven't been doing much shiny hunting lately; maybe 50-100 encounters here and there and that's it. I was doing a little bit of random encountering in Lostlorn Forest. It's kind of a habbit where I'll see a fishing spot or a shaking grass and I'll go up to it and if I make it before I encounter another Pokemon in the grass I'll go in that spot. So, yesterday morning I saw the fishing spot and I went up to it and cast my Super Rod. I hooked a blue Basculin and at the same time I was thinking to myself "I wounder how I would react to encountering a shiny Basculin". Sure enough, sparkles flew from the blue Basculin and I immediately pound my fist on the couch and yelled "Darn it game, NO!" I knew I still had a chance to hooking a shiny Basculin but I didn't think it would happen so soon because I must have only fished a few times in Lostlorn Forest in the fishing spots. I still caught it because a shiny is a shiny, but still I could have found a better shiny in Lostlorn Forest. Since my Gligar I found that Basculin after 1846 Encounters.

Going to continue in Lostlorn Forest but I'm still only going to do 50-100 encounters here and there and maybe stay away from the fishing spots for now.

Good luck everyone!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Haha, I don't think you even chose the best words right now, either. I have to wonder, though: Why do people care so much about what other people do with their time? So what if someone enjoys shiny hunting or golfing or surfing or drawing or flirting? I just find it amusing when people come on to a Pokemon forum of all things and feel like they have to post a question because otherwise, what, they can't sleep at night if they don't know the answer?
    ^ THIS! Couldn't have said it any better.

Also, gratz to Jelicent on Shinx, Wyverndust on Nidoran F, Markasdarkas on Bulbasaur, starrrah on Feebas and WaterTypesFTW on the random Basculin! And any others I may have missed.

Well, long ago before I started posting here I encountered a shiny Heatmor after only 2-3 days of hunting. I think I only had like 4-5 shinies back then and I loved that Heatmor but for some reason I decided to foolishly trade it away on the GTS for a Pokemon that turned out to be hacked! So now today I've decided to reclaim that Heatmor and I've been hunting in Victory Road for it alongside with Registeel. Hopefully it shines for me! Well, thanks for the gratz everyone and good luck!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

Page 149 of 941 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast