Page 151 of 945 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 23622

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I might try testing my luck in Diamond with the pokeradar or try and finish my Latias hunt which is stuck at 8k RE's in White 2. So many choices. Good luck to all other shiny hunters.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

I've been hatching Emolga eggs and going after Latios.

So far I'm up to 740 SR's on Latios and around 100 eggs for Emolga and I have a shiny charm ;p

So I decided to join the community hunt and RE for a Petilil!
    I have been trying to get a shiny lilligant forever so this is perfect
    Well I would be satisfied with any shiny from pinwheel forest but here is hoping it's a petilil
    Last edited by starrrah; 11th March 2013 at 1:17 AM.
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Congrats on shiny Zapdos! I'd love to own the 3 legendary birds one day!

Started a MM hunt for Mudkip today and already hatched 150. Can't wait to own the little purple rascal!

Best of luck everyone.

Still making my way slowly up in terms of RE's for my BQ, and even though I've had this long break, being at 11600 RE's is not a comfortable count to be at, and this is already going over a month long period, which doesn't help. I have collected another set of Feebas, though, and I've begun to alternate between the two hunts. Maybe something will shine soon. Hopefully. Meanwhile, good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Still zero luck on the Tauros front... 6,910 eggs, which is monsterous for an MM hunt... Hopefully I'll get it soon...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

2,400 Run Aways

Congrats to Jelicent on Shinx, Wyverndust on Nidoran, Markasdarkas on Bulbasaur, Starrrah on Feebas,WaterTypesFTW on Basculin, Dan2point5 n Bulbasaur, Missingno. Master on Basculin, TheGreatGoomba on Druddigon, X&Y on Golbat and ChaChi on Zapdos!

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Started a MM hunt for Mudkip today and already hatched 150. Can't wait to own the little purple rascal!
    I guess we're rivals now ;)
    Kidding!

Anyways, updates! As mentioned above, and in my signature, I've decided to swap out Nincada for Mudkip for now as my MM hunt, as I had a sudden urge to hunt for Mudkip! Maybe it's a sign I'll get lucky? Either way, Mudkip is a shiny I've wanted a while now, but my plans to SR it failed when my Sapphire battery finally died sometime last year. So I'm taking it on now! I've got 9 boxes to fill, which is 270 eggs, and I'm doing my personal favourite egg method which is filling up my boxes with unhatched eggs and then hatching them all at once. Releasing the non-shinies after is a pain, but I've tried other egg hatching methods and this one just suits me best!
    I also have yet to continue my Snivy hunt, and my Virbank Complex hunt will be continued once I either get a shiny Mudkip or simply decide to switch back to RE for a while! But I'm not giving up on Snivy or Growlithe, just taking a small break to do a hunt I'm more motivated for! :3

Good luck everyone on your hunts, and don't forget to have fun!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    I guess we're rivals now
    Kidding!
    Kidding?

Well, you shiny hunters like motivation, right? Why not have a race? Whoever gets the mudkip first wins...uh...bragging rights.

Congrats all.

At 8,920 REs now, so I can only hope it shines sometime before 10,000 and isn't ratatta.

Good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Well it's been a while since I've posted here, but I haven't gotten anything, so here's a quick update. I am still going strong for Snivy, although it's been a little over a month now and I still haven't been able to play through the game yet. I might cancel the badge quest and just turn it into a nuzlocke after I get Snivy for the first run-through of the game. Also, now that I have Charmander in leaf green (now a charmeleon) I have been hunting in Mt Moon for a shiny. I'm hoping for a zubat or a geodude at this point. I haven't hunted in my soul silver badge quest for some time though. I'll probably pick that back up after Mt Moon shines.

As for congratulations, from now on I will try to congratulate you all individually. I'll start with you ChaChi since you are the only shiny so far on this page, and you have to start somewhere. So congrats ChaChi on Zapdos! Also congrats to anyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post. Hopefully that will be my last blanket congrats. Good luck to everyone still hunting as well :3
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

I'm currently SR'ing for a shiny Totodile in Emerald, but the battery's cooked. I can still get a shiny right? I've been SR'ing for like... an hour or so in total.

I also restarted my Ruby to get a shiny Mudkip, who's battery is dried as well. I can get a shiny right or no? Coz I've heard ye can't get shinies in dead inner batteries, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    I'm currently SR'ing for a shiny Totodile in Emerald, but the battery's cooked. I can still get a shiny right? I've been SR'ing for like... an hour or so in total.

I also restarted my Ruby to get a shiny Mudkip, who's battery is dried as well. I can get a shiny right or no? Coz I've heard ye can't get shinies in dead inner batteries, nya~
    Firstly Emerald's RNG(Random Number Generator which determines things like shinyness IV's etc) is broken. What I mean by this is that whenever you start up a file the RNG is in constant unchanging loop which means that's it's very difficult to hit your shiny frame:if you don't have an "early shiny frame" as in you only have to SR say 50 times to get your shiny there's a good chance that the RNG will skip the shiny frame and you will never get your shiny. In normal games the RNG is different at each start up and can produce different frames-whereas in Emerald each start up of the game will only produce the same frames over and over again. Dry battery Sapphire and Ruby work like this as well which is why people generally avoid hunting on Emerald or Ruby/Sapphire with a dry battery unless they know how to get an early shiny frame. I'm sure someone could explain this better than me as I'm not that knowledgeable about RNG. Up to 1,574 RE's for Eevee-hoping to hit 2,000 tonight. Good luck everyone.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

I started pokemon white again and I choose tepig so I can trade him into my main game (black 2) to help complete the pokdex. and by surprize I got a SHINY TEPIG
    I have now completed the game, battled cheren and found seven sages..... and its now a shiny emboar btw

Just transferred all my shinies over to 1 game now so they're all together. Just counted and I've obtained 51 (69 if I include chained ones too). Pretty happy with that amount to be fair!
    If I had to pick a favourite out of them all I'd say either Altaria or Giratina. Both pretty epic shinies!

How many have you guys obtained and which ones are your favourites?

^ Well some of my most favorites are Druddigon, Miltank, Breloom and Bisharp but Vespiquen tops them all! Finally getting that shiny female Combee is definitely my most memorable moment in shiny hunting.

I'm now at day 11 for Registeel and its getting kinda difficult to stay motivated but I know it'll eventually shine. Only 4 more legends, I can do this! My hunt at Victory Road is going smoothly though, around 1.9k encounters there and I bet something will shine before Registeel lol. But for now, gratz on the recent shinies everyone and good luck. :]
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Hey everybody. I haven't posted in ages. Congrats on all the many new shinies.

I haven't found anything new since my Kecleon in Ruby. I've been focusing most of my hunting time on shiny Thundurus; I'm now at 11,700 SR for it. I've been hunting it for four months now. I wish it would just hurry up and shine. It's annoying having to sit through all the different 'seasons' screens before each SR, too... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post

I wouldn't bother SR'ing for that shiny Totodile unless you know that Emerald file has an early shiny frame, otherwise you'd literally be wasting your time, since you'll never get a shiny (I wasted plenty of time SR'ing for a shiny Cyndaquil/Ho-oh before I found out about Emeralds broken RNG).

Your Ruby game's basically become like Emerald now, so you should change files every 50 SR for so until you get a file with an early enough shiny frame (AKA: until you encounter a shiny starter/uncatchable shiny Poochyena).

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

I have 11 shinies, all of which are in my signature, and even with such a small number I struggle to pick a favourite! I'd probably have to say Hibiscus my Meganium and Flare my (soon to be) Infernape though. Meganium is just really pretty, I love her shiny colours and the fact I got a female, plus she only took 3-4 days SRing back in 2010. Chimchar is the first shiny I saw and I wanted one for years, and then I got one in 11 SR's so he's also pretty special, and a really nice colour also :3
    Drifblim can have an honerable mention too though for being my first hunt and one of my favourite Pokémon in general :D
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Hey all,

Still.. hunting lol

Petalburg Woods 2600 RE

Abra 4113(FireRed) + (3848) LeafGreen

Route 32 - 3000 RE

Shroomish - 3660 eggs - really losing inspiration on this one.

Torchic - 6230 SR

Congrats to all new shinies and good luck everyone.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

I am still hunting for my driftloon and random pokemon in lostlorn forest ( really hoping shiny cottonee and no male combee). I lost count but I know I am not over the odd yet.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Sadly, nothing new to update.

My next target is a shiny Charmander, followed by Squirtle and then Bulbasaur... I'd love to have the original three in shiny form.

Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies - there've been some beauties lately. Keep at it, Ceecee-typhlosion, your hunts will end eventually!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Graah. So after 4 hours of radaring in Diamond, I had a shiny patch for Electrike, but I stepped into the wrong one x_x. I'm adamant now, I need this thing caught, so I'm going to continue to persue it. Latias still hasn't shone for me in White 2.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    I have 11 shinies, all of which are in my signature, and even with such a small number I struggle to pick a favourite! I'd probably have to say Hibiscus my Meganium and Flare my (soon to be) Infernape though. Meganium is just really pretty, I love her shiny colours and the fact I got a female, plus she only took 3-4 days SRing back in 2010. Chimchar is the first shiny I saw and I wanted one for years, and then I got one in 11 SR's so he's also pretty special, and a really nice colour also :3
    Drifblim can have an honerable mention too though for being my first hunt and one of my favourite Pokémon in general
    Oh erm this is going to be difficult. Well i have 747 shinies. I don't have a favourite but i suppose if i had to choose right now it'd have to be my shiny Latios as it is my only shiny legendary that i successfully SRed for.

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    Sadly, nothing new to update.

My next target is a shiny Charmander, followed by Squirtle and then Bulbasaur... I'd love to have the original three in shiny form.

Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies - there've been some beauties lately. Keep at it, Ceecee-typhlosion, your hunts will end eventually!
    Cool someone else doing the same as me. I already have my shiny Charmander and i have been trying for Bulbasaur to count towards the CH but no luck with that yet. Also have been trying for Squirtle before but i will start again so i can have all three original starters (best starter group) in shiny form.

By the way no luck yet on my shiny hunting i have been REing on route 5 for a shiny, currently at 500 RE's. Also been MMing on white version and hatched a box of non shiny yanma and half a box of non shiny petilil. Will keep hatching the rest of these boxes and let you know if i got anything or not.

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten a shiny since my last post! Good luck to all still hunting.
    Shinies are good.

Congrats to everyone and their Shiny encounters ^-^

Now on to me. Like none of my will shine v-v. And whats worse, Im gonna start up on my Black for a shiny something. I think im gonna do like Colbalion or the other two. The later Kyruem. ^-^

I've got about 15 or 16. One I have is a Reshiram that I got from someone. I already new it was hacked because you cant get a Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom in BW/BW2. But im gonna keep it anyways cause it is shiny after all :/ As for my Favorite, Im not really sure,
    cause I havent got many shiny pokemon. The ones I have gotten were from trades and one RE which was my Metapod. So as for now, I cant say that I have a Favorite shiny

Have gotten about 25 shinies not much but still awesome my fav would hVe.to be my shiny eevee i got recently by chaining. Its modest so it could be almost any eeveelution

Just transferred all my shinies over to 1 game now so they're all together. Just counted and I've obtained 51 (69 if I include chained ones too). Pretty happy with that amount to be fair!
    If I had to pick a favourite out of them all I'd say either Altaria or Giratina. Both pretty epic shinies!

I have over 70. I would say my favorite would be Alakazam, which happens to be my favorite pokemon of all time. I caught it in Diamond as an Abra.

Now my hunt for Magikarp is at 312 eggs still no shiny butt I'm hatching roughly 100 eggs a night.
    My Shiny list has grown more than the sig can handle. No biggie I'm a shiny hunter and proud of my many many shinies. I'm always looking for more to complete my shiny living pokedex. I know it sounds crazy but I'm up to 16 boxes. I do have many extra shinies that I'm willing trade for ones I'm missing. My top ten shinies I'm looking right now are: 1) Arbok 2) Hypno 3) Natu 4) Regice 5)Plusle 6) Groundon 7) Torkoal 8)Snover 9) Cobalion 10) Spritzee. I need many more but I figure listing a few wouldn't hurt.

Page 151 of 945 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast