Page 158 of 887 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 22174

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Earlier on in Black 2, I was with my rival in the sewers and a double battle came up and there was a green Zubat! Then my rival one hit KO'd it and I raged. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Yeah I heard about this also, I think by having a certain ID/PID combo cute charm lowers the odds of finding a shiny in 4th gen. I also found out while headbutting for female Combee awhile ago that cute charm doesn't affect the gender of the shiny but I continued my HB hunt for Combee anyway just to see what would happen and when it shone it was male =/. I just could of been unlucky but I personally believe cute charm works a bit differently in 4th gen.
    If you have the right TID/SID combination it can lower it down to a 1/32 chance.

And yes, Cute Charm works differently in Gen 4, since PID is tied to natures and whatnot, so there aren't as many possible combinations (it also produces ridiculously ****ed up PIDs on Gen 4 Pokemon).

I haven't posted since last year, busy with school these days, but since it was march break i decided to continue my previous hunts. Currently at 863 treecko eggs(mm) and 500 sr's in heartgold(1500 seen). It seems today luck wasn't that good. Oh wel! Shine starters shine! Gl everyone!
    I LOVE MIENFOO AND LUCARIO AND GLALIE AND FLYGON AND SCEPTILE AND GALLADE AND SHINY HUNTING AND INFERNAPE

Congrats to Gustavo 14 on Roselia, Dan2point5 on Mudkip, Jorge565 on Koffing, Bariokie on Nincada, Chaotic Inverse on Cottonee, TheGiratina999 on Machoke, Will5iam on Scyther, Shiny Lord on Snivy, Ho-oh The Rainbow Pokemon on Terrakion, Starrrah on Whirlipede, Bariokie on Tepig, SilverHybrid on Eevee, MAGAX on Horsea, Bariokie on Petlil, TheMaster327 on 6 Dunsparce, Papousse on Tangela, Miar on Sewaddle, Bleu on 7 Magnemite, Zane Clarthy on Nidoran, City Of Delusion on Heatmor, JohnNiles on Chimchar, Royal_Qeca on Pidove and CharlieDoryRose on Whirlipede!
    Phew!

Also, I hope all you people who lost shinies reclaim them or find something that at least makes you feel better!

Now that that is finally over, I have a new shiny to report for duty!
    As most of you know, I've been racing my boyfriend at Virbank Complex (with the shiny charm I must add), and today at 4672 RE I finally found the very exact one I was so hoping for: Growlithe!
    So glad it didn't take over 10,000 like Golduck did...

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...ps374b414b.jpg
    http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/...psb98255d5.jpg

It's Quiet natured, which isn't the best since it reduces Speed, but I like using Flamethrower anyways so the plus Sp. Attack isn't anything to sneeze at. He's also male, of course, and has Flash Fire, which makes it oh so much sweeter, since every normal Growlithe I've used on a team so far has had Intimidate, and I prefer Flash Fire!
    I decided in the end to name him Archy for now, after Crys' Arcanine in the Pokémon Adventure manga, and yes that means I do plan on evolving him as seen in my (remade!) shiny card below. I don't know if the name will stick, but I kind of like having a little tribute to one of my favourite manga series' so I guess we'll see! Nicknames tend to feel awkward at first and then grow on me, I'm a little picky!
    Anyways, so that was all very exciting, and it also means I won the race so I get to name my boyfriends shiny (when he finds it) and he owes me a small snack prize, muahaha!

As for my other hunts, I was planning to start Snivy tomorrow along with REing, but since I just got my RE hunt I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll either SR Snivy alone, find a new place to RE, stay at Virbank for fun or just go back to hatching Mudkip. Either way, I'll come update in a couple days just to let you all know! Snivy is still going slow, but I have faith I will one day finish that hunt! Hopefully before my birthday in August!

Good luck with your hunts everyone, and be careful not to accidently hit run like I very nearly did with both Golduck and Growlithe!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba98 View Post
    Earlier on in Black 2, I was with my rival in the sewers and a double battle came up and there was a green Zubat! Then my rival one hit KO'd it and I raged. Hard.
    In these situations you should KO your team mates pokemon as fast aS possible.^-^
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congratz on the new shinies guys!^-^
    Last night I finished my SS.Just a little bit more and I'll be able to SR Latias soon.Oh and last night I only did 1 SR for Kyurem.I'm losing my patience with this one! X_X
    Good luck minna!
    Last edited by 2rsa; 18th March 2013 at 8:47 AM.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Wow guys congrats on the recent shinies! Especially to you Bariokie! I'm so sorry for your loss
    Goodluck to everyone else who are still working on their hunt!

I've just reached about ~4.4k encounters in Pinwheel Forest, and ~2.1k encounters after the Shiny Whirlepede find.
    I feel like this is going to be a looooooooong hunt.
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

My god, I was just looking for those secret grotto's in Black 2, when a random shiny Watchog showed up. After capturing, it appears to be the worst competitive Pokémon ever with illuminate as a body.

Ah well, a shiny is a shiny! Below a battle picture:

2013-03-18 00.33.44.jpg
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

Congratulations on recent shinies caught and good luck to all who is still hunting.
    Currently have 2789 SRs for Volcarona. Not done so much SR-ing today,kind of busy. Please Volcarona,please shine!

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Decided to go to Pinwheel Forest and hunt for Shinies there. (Come on Whirlipede)
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

The Masuda Method Watch with Porygon
    Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Hatched Count: 441
    Goal: Within 1000 Eggs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Random Encounter Watch with Porygon2
    Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Encounter Count: 606
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Soft Reset Watch with Porygon-Z
    Currently Soft Resetting for:
    Shiny Regice

Soft Reset Count: 132

I decided to start and continue couple hunts, even tho I'm usually super slow with my hunts (haha no pun intended).

Soft Reset

Tepig ~ White ~ 400 SRs
    Oshawott ~ JPN Black 2 ~ ??? SRs

Masuda Method

Vanillite ~ Black ~ 1000 eggs
    Munna ~ JPN White ~ 200 eggs

Take care
    Last edited by bro; 18th March 2013 at 9:44 PM.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

I've reached 1890 SRs and still no sign of shiny Giratina. Starting to think he won't come.
    My shiny pokemon:
    Pokeradar - ,

RE - ,

Currently hunting - ,

YASS!!!!!!!!

Community Hunt Complete!!!!!!

Shiny Bulbasaur hatched! Male! Calm! Flawless Def and Sp.def! But heres the really strange part... He was hatched after 767 eggs. Not only is it a palindrome but its also only one egg shorter than Charmander! Im taking name suggestions too =D.
    So now i move onto Squirtle, well i have a box or two of eggs to hatch first, so a second may be on the cards!

Congrats to City,Lunafloon,ShinySupercow,John Niles,Zane,Royal QECA, CharlieDoryRose,Bariokie, SilverHybrid,MAGAX,Papousse,Miar and Bleu on all of your shinies. And of course gl to all hunting =D.

Paddy out
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

grats on Watchog, Bulbasaur, and Growlithe(Arcanine is 1 of favorite pokemon....but for some reason i HATE its shiny form...)

im at 925/1050 eggs(as soon as i collect the 4 boxes...)..no blue eyed nat yet...after i reach odds(unless i hatch a shiny 1 before that ofc..) i might try REing Pinwheel Forest like everyone else is XD

good luck on your hunts!!!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Only Shiny I ever randomly encountered was a pelipper in platinum. I was just training a jolteon and there it was. Other than that I found a stunky in diamond randomly the rest are all from trades

YAY!!! I got a shiny Purrloin. Not what I was after, but I'm happy to know that I was wrong about my game being wacked out.
    It's got a naive nature, characteristic is Quick to Flee, and the iv judge said that it's decent all around and that it's speed stat is very good.
    Not very good stats, but it's still a shiny. I almost forgot, I got it in 1288 REs with the shiny charm. I also named it after the legendary creature Pard and I caught it in a Premier ball. All I need to do now is go after Pidove still, but this is a nice find.

Edit: Whoops! I forgot about it's location and level. I got it in route 20 in White 2 and it was level 4. I'm still counting from when I got Purrloin, so hopefully I'll get Pidove next. If not then I'll do a different hunt wish me luck.
    Last edited by Shadowkrow; 18th March 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE)

Most Recent Shiny:
    ??? MM     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

I have 155 eggs to hatch for the community hunt, I believe I have 2 and a half boxes already hatched. I think this will bring my total to.. 455 eggs?
    Around Wednesday/Thursday I will be shipping my current 3ds to it's new owner and I won't have a 3DS until Sunday! Hopefully I'll be able to use my
    boyfriends to continue hunting!
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

omg Shiny Pupitar!!!!!

i decided to hunt in route 15 after having no success in my jhoto starter hunt i decided to put it on hold and hunt in my white and only 183 REs BAM shiny pupitar i was using the trainer card to count this is the exacts hiny i wwas aiming for in this area now im hunting in victory road hoping a for a heatmor and a mienfoo but i wouldnt mind a rufflet or fraxure

EDIT: OMFG WHAT IS GOING ON IS THIS WHAT PEOPLE CALL MARCH MADNESS!? II JUST FOUND A SHINY HEATMOR LITTLE OVER 100 RES AGAIN! THIS IS INSANE!
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 18th March 2013 at 9:15 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    i wouldnt mind a rufflet or fraxure
    Shiny Fraxure: Baws
    Shiny Rufflet: Even bawsser
    EDIT: Still no luck on Shinies I'm hunting (if you want to know what they are check my sig)
    Last edited by PolygonalPorygon; 18th March 2013 at 9:21 PM.
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Shiny Regice

My March Madness hasn't begun yet, and time is running out for March. Hopefully something will shine soon in the Complex. After that, maybe I'll go for Cobalion to complete my Muskedeer Trio.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I think I'm going to hunt in a place that no-one else is hunting in, maybe peopple finding shinies makes them harder to find for other people :P
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Shiny Regice

Wow, cocoadragon, Pupitar is a great shiny! I haven't been hunting much, just don't have the time. Plus I was working on catching all of the Unova Dex Pokemon! Now that I have my Oval Charm, I might resume my Hidden Ability Poliwag hunt! As usual, good luck to everyone! Especially polygonalporygon; I remember when I got my Shiny Latios and I was jumping for joy!
    The rainbow has immeasurably beautiful symbolism for me.
    To me, the rainbow means:

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone
    And, be kind and gentle as much as you can.

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:
        Spoiler:- Current Shiny Hunts, Shiny Card & 3DS Friend Code:

Hello everyone congratulations on all recent shinies!

I am now at just over 3800 RE's on route 5 for a gen V shiny and still nothing to show for it yet. I am really hoping I find a shiny Gothita but any of them will do. Just shine already! I am well over the shiny charm odds. I will keep going until I get my route 5 shiny and then I think I will take a break from REing for a while and go back to MMing a lot. I may try SRing for a shiny Cresselia. I really want this route 5 shiny now I am getting fed up of being there. Could anyone give me their shiny luck and I promise to give it back after I get my shiny... thank you.

Oh on white version I got a Japanese bayleef so I am breeding it with my bayleef and hoping for a shiny chikorita. I have been collecting 2 boxes of Squirtle eggs and a box and a half of Chikorita eggs. Now I am trying to get a box or two of snivy eggs. And I think I may try Yanma and Shuckle for the remaining boxes. Before I start a hatching frenzy to find a shiny on there.

Good luck to anyone still shiny hunting.
    Shinies are good.

704 eggs since my last shiny and I think that my Black 2 is trolling me.

I hatched a non-shiny Nidoran F with her DW Ability, a modest nature, and an IV spread of 31/5/31/30/31/31.

Almost flawless, but not shiny. If this doesn't qualify as trolling I don't know what does.

One of my favorite shinies is my nidorino which was obtained during my FR nuzlocke. I am currently using it in a playthrough of heartgold and it took out Whitney's milktank with a mimic'd rollout(irony much?). There is one thing that bugs me though....

How did its ability go from poison point to rivalry?

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

I'm gonna show the pics now! =] i still can't believe this now on to dragonspiral hoping for druddi or foo
    heatmor:
    http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1fd0427.jpg
    pupitar:
    http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...ps63fba8ad.jpg
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Page 158 of 887 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast