Page 159 of 851 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 21269

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Just a quick update in case you haven't checked my sig: I am now hunting in Desert Resort to find Shiny Sigilyph. I would like Sigilyph over most of the DR pokemon but I am okay with most of them except Sandile and Maractus. Trapinch would be AWESOME and I am totally okay with Dwebble, but I really, REALLY want a Sigilyph. (Orange and Red like a true baws)
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

The Masuda Method Watch with Porygon
    Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Hatched Count: 441
    Goal: Within 1000 Eggs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Random Encounter Watch with Porygon2
    Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Encounter Count: 606
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Soft Reset Watch with Porygon-Z
    Currently Soft Resetting for:
    Shiny Regice

Soft Reset Count: 132

Community Hunt Complete!

Here's his picture!

(the link takes you to my post on tumblr - I'm not good with posting images!)
    Shroomish~
    After 417 eggs! He is lax nature with effect spore- I will edit in his IV's once I'm done celebrating in my mind

IVS
    18 - 19
    2 - 3 <--- ): I didn't care about any other stat but this one!! Darn! Oh well I got two 30/31s!
    30 - 31
    18 - 19
    30 - 31
    20 - 21
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 27th March 2013 at 1:25 AM. Reason: IVs
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 37

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

I just got a Shiny Patrat in W2!!! O.O
    I got it at 163 over purrloin, of course I was counting from Purrloin.
    I named it Watchman, unfortunetly I realized it was a female so I need to rename it. Right now my 3DS is in need of charging, so I'll update on it's stats some other time. It wasn't the Pidove I wanted, but thats ok. I've decided to MM for Rotom.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

My Team:
    1. Muninn
    Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #3: Castelia Park(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well(RE) B&W: Tornadus and Thundurus(SR on hold) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: Johto Starter(SR)

Most Recent Shiny:
    Bunnelby 8 Chain     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

Congrats to everyones shinies!

Still no update on my Frillish shiny hunt, however I finally took the initiative to beat the E4 and Champion so I now have all of the areas on the map unlocked. I might SR for a shiny Kyurem to get a shiny White Kyurem. I think that'd be awesome! And it's not like I have anything better to do with the game haha.

Hey Shiny Hunters!
    Just thought I'd share something with you!
    I found that Watchog is a terrific pokemon choice when shiny hunting, so here's what mine has:

Watchog Lv. 70
    Item: Smoke Ball
    Ability: Illuminate
    Moves:
    Crunch
    Hypnosis
    Mean Look
    Super Fang

I found my Watchog to be really useful in catching shiny pokemon, Super Fang to weaken the pokemon without a KO, Illuminate for finding more Pokemon, Smoke Ball for guranteed runaway, and hypnosis for sleep. So yeah, very useful
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Shiny Regice

Wow congrats on all these shinies! Especially cocoa on Heatmor and Pupitar. That's really lucky!

I'm at 10,802 REs on Route 32 in my SS. I'm surprised it's taking this long, but it just makes it all the more satisfying when I get my shiny.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Still no luck on my shiny Wobbuffet/wynaut hunt, but for a week I was worried I wasn't going to find one at all on my White game, where I'm MM'ing wynaut right now. For an entire week, I kid you not, the pokemon outbreak was stuck at Route 16. From March 10 to March 16. And yes, I did go in and out of the passageways. Black, meanwhile, had different locations (allowing me to catch a hippopotas). I was worried something had screwed with the internal battery. Now at least the pokemon outbreak is changing locations again.

I'm hoping shiny wynaut comes soon, though. Maybe with any luck it'll come on March 24, Wobbuffet's catch anniversary.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 19th March 2013 at 2:18 AM.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt; playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Well I'm heading to bed, gonna wake myself up at night and start hunting >
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Shiny Regice

YES!!!
    After a over a month and a half of hunting, a shiny Snivy has appeared in my pokemon White 2!

IMG_20130318_200218.jpg

I'm so excited to finally play this game! And sorry Lunafloon, but this means I win the race Good luck on getting your Snivy though.
    Also Community Hunt Complete!!

Congrats to Cocoadragon on Heatmor and Pupitar and to Shadowkrow on Patrat. Also congrats to anyone else who has gotten a shiny lately. Good luck to all still hunting. I hope March Madness serves you all well

Edit: Forgot to mention my future hunts. Now that I have Snivy, my primary focus will go into my Mt. Moon hunt. I still have not decided if I will do a badge quest yet in White 2, but if not, I will just do hunts that I want when I'm finished with the game or just start one after my first play through. Good luck again on all of your hunts!
    Last edited by HGaddict; 19th March 2013 at 3:17 AM. Reason: Unadded info
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Congrats to JohnNiles on Chimchar, Royal_Qeca on Pidove, CharlieDoryRose on Whirlipede, Lunafloon on Growlithe (lucky!), Shiny Supercow on Watchog, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Bulbasaur, Shadowkrow on Purrloin, cocoadragon on Pupitar and Heatmor, ohjeezitskim on Shroomish, Shadowkrow again on Patrat, and HGaddict on Snivy!

Thanks for the 'good luck', Zane Clarthy and Papousse!

Sorry to Hubba98 on the Zubat that the rival KOed >.>

I'm a little annoyed that I didn't think about it sooner, but I wish I'd gone through and gotten a Turtwig and Chimchar to transfer to my other games just to have in case I ever want to expand my dex...I don't want to do that now just for some weird quirky reason that I don't want to change IDs (not that I like my ID) after doing all these SRs with it...And I know that I hate the idea of resetting a game, especially if it's something like a Badge Quest... >.<

Well, same old 50 SRs + 200 REs tonight after work. It's funny, I've been working on Piplup for ~2 months and even though it feels like it's been a long time, I always think it's only been a few weeks...

Good luck finding more shinies everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Altaria, Cottonee, Vulpix; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 6,600 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 5,000 REs (+22,843 REs = 2 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#11) (Dragon's Den) - Magikarp: 9,700 REs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Well, I'm going to Shiny Hunt a little more before I hit the hay. With all the unfinished Ranger: Guardian Signs business I'm trying to catch up on, as well as schoolwork, I'm not really Hunting that much. The DW-Ability Poliwag is the Shiny I really need for the Subway, so that's the one I'm Hunting for right now.Once I get that one, Reuniclus is next on my Shinies-to-Hunt-for list.

As usual, good luck to everyone, and congrats on the Shinies to those who caught one! Especially the starters and the Growlithe! (They know Roar, right? My brother got Roared away by a Shiny Houndour, so I would know how hard those are to catch.)
    The rainbow has immeasurably beautiful symbolism for me.
    To me, the rainbow means:

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone
    And, be kind and gentle as much as you can.

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:
        Spoiler:- Current Shiny Hunts, Shiny Card & 3DS Friend Code:

Hey, everybody. Congrats on all the new shinies. It looks like a lot of people here are having a successful March Madness. ^_^

In my case shiny Thundurus is just driving me mad. I'm now at 14,030 soft resets for it. Urg. Just hurry up and shine already! I'd like to get both shiny Thundurus/Tornadus before X/Y are relaxed so that I can trade in Black and White towards the price of the games.

Is anyone else thinking of doing a badge quest in X/Y or maybe just SR'ing for a shiny starter? I was thinking of doing a BQ in one game, and maybe just going for the shiny starter in the other. It'll probably depend on how long it takes to receive your starter.

As for my other hunts I'm now at 4000 encounters in my Heart Gold BQ, 4400 encounters in Crystal, and I've also started hunting on one of the Sevi island in Fire Red; preferably for a shiny Sentret or Phanpy.

Good luck guys!

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Hi guys! As for my hunts, Sigilyph is still not shining for me. I think I might hunt for Trapinch instead (shiny flygon like a baws)
    SHINY HUNT UPDATES

Currently Hatching For:
    Shiny Cranidos

Currently Hunting for:
    Shiny Vibrava

Shiny Regice

Heres Bulbasaur: http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/...psfe6b9a1b.jpg

Anyway. Congrats on all of the recent shinies and gl to all especially The Master and Helio on their long hunts. Im hatching through the remainder of these bulbasaur eggs hoping for a second. But i want an opinion. Should i go and start hunting for squirtle to complete the trio or should i leave it for now and try to complete the CH for a second time? Gl!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post

Is anyone else thinking of doing a badge quest in X/Y or maybe just SR'ing for a shiny starter? I was thinking of doing a BQ in one game, and maybe just going for the shiny starter in the other. It'll probably depend on how long it takes to receive your starter.
    I'm getting both X and Y. My main game is going to be X, and on Y, I'm going to SR for a shiny starter, and then either start a badge quest or nuzlocke!

EDIT: So, since I completed both goals way before xy came out (get one more shiny/complete pokedex) I'm working on getting my goal I started before xy were announced and that is:
    Random Encounter shiny. NEVER had one, it's been MMing and chaining. Right now I'm at 251 REs in the Pinwheel forest double grass. Hoping for Whiripede, then Petilil. Don't really want a Vigoroth or Swadloon.
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 19th March 2013 at 7:26 PM. Reason: added info
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 37

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

YES! I DID IT! After 483 eggs, I got a Shiny Weedle! I nearly missed it too, but at the last second I was like "Wait...that Weedle seems a bit brighter than the others..." Haha. Loving my nice golden worm It has a Adamant nature, so I guess I'm ok with that, and I haven't checked it's other stats yet. So happy!

Community Hunt Completed

Yay

So, (very) late Sunday night, I managed to chain 3 x shiny Slakoth at 40+ chains... Not sure which is the best to keep, though... Here are the IVs... (Note: only Median IV's are shown...)

Slakoth 1 (♀ Serious)
    HP: 3
    Attack: 3
    Defense: 21
    Sp. Atk: 23
    Sp. Def: 27
    Speed: 8

Slakoth 2 (♂ Jolly)
    HP: 12
    Attack: 21
    Defense: 3
    Sp. Atk: 6
    Sp. Def: 26
    Speed: 17

Slakoth 3 (♀ Calm)
    HP: 3
    Attack: 12
    Defense: 21
    Sp. Atk: 15
    Sp. Def: 30
    Speed: 26

What do you think is the best? I think the male...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    14,800 REs

The last time I got a Shiny was way back in August 2012. Since then, I tried so hard to get a Shiny. I tried MMing Zangoose, Seel, Swablu and Eevee and SR for a shiny Virizion. Few weeks ago, I decided to take a break from shiny hunting and focus on completing my unova dex on my white 2 version. So I was on Route 1. Leveling up some Pokemon to evolve them. But then, a random shiny Herdier appeared:

picture
    It's relaxed nature and thoroughly cunning. For those who do not understand german.

I also made a video (warning: german talking).

So it's been like a week since my last post and nothing exciting has happened yet. Haven't had much motivation to hunt until this morning and i've been hopping from one hunt to another like a crazy person. I stated SRing for shiny Snivy and got to 335 SRs before getting bored so I went back to my soulsilver game to try and SR for Totodile and complete the shiny Johto starter trio added on a whopping 110 SRs (I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell) bringing my total up to 410 SRs. But I got bored of that too and decided to see if a shiny charm shiny hunt would be any shorter and began SRing Latias on my White 2 version did only 100 SRs before getting bored yet again.

Then last Tuesday, while at home sick thanks to the flue I decided to hunt for Eevee in the game corner (I should have been working on my portion of the group research paper). And since my Action Replay was busted I couldn't hack in the necessary coins to buy five at a time I spent both Tuesday and Wednesday getting my coin count over 33,000 so I could buy five. Wasn't too hard as I find the voltorb flip game extremely addicting and way easier than the game corner games in the other games. But I only have, like, 185 SRs for Eevee so far (920 bought). This'll be my fourth shiny Eevee when it finally decides to shine (aiming to get a shiny Eevee for each eeveelution, including Slyveon, and Eevee). One came from Bill for my HeartGold BQ (now complete). The other two came from the game corner from different Heart Gold cartridges. Both came on the same day, one early morning the other late a night (roughly 14 hours apart). This fourth Eevee will be on the SOulsilver I bought a few months back. It's previous owner had hacked a shiny Charizard (has wonder guard ability and knew stupid attacks like solar beam) plus a bunch of others so it seems kinda ironic that this game is going to be the one with a shiny Eevee that I didn't use the AR to hack coins for.

Anyway, congrats to all the shinnies since my last post (would list them, but that would just double the length of my post). And good luck to everyone on their hunts!

I kinda want to hunt for a shiny in Black 2, but who should I go for? I have no ideas and I'm not sure where to start :P I know MM is a good way and I may try that.
    Looking for Flawless Snorunt EGG and Flawless DW Dratini EGG. Can offer flawless shinies and a few other things. Message me.

Zcrux You could start with an Pokemon that doesn't take a lot of egg steps to hatch, some examples are:
    Magikarp
    Caterpie
    Weedle
    Togepi
    Azurill
    Croagunk
    Munna.

These have all an egg cycle of 2805 steps (magikarp has 1530)
    Which is way lower then other pokemon around!
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

Tomorrow is new years in my country which is a 15 days long holiday.I'll have a lot of time to hunt shinies.I'm doing pretty well in finishing my SS game.I've got 4 kanto badges already.A little more and I'll be able to SR Latias.^-^
    Last edited by 2rsa; 19th March 2013 at 7:47 PM.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Congrats on all the new shinies guys. Today I got my first ever shiny..... A shiny Chikorita, not the starter I wanted but I'm just happy for my first shiny. Not the greatest stats and im not sure if the natures any good.

Pics:

Spoiler:- :
    Pokemon Heart Gold Adventure Started March 17th 2013
    Badges: 16

Current Team:

Currently Hunting:

100 Soft Resets

Shinies

1000 SR

Day 21 of SRing for virizion, this is taking forever, with the shiny charm! My only other SR hunt ended quick at 4 SRs so i think this is making up for that. Probably wont do another SR hunt until i hit a YouTube milestone or somethin cuz this is boring. After i get this ill be live hunting in route 23,route 11 and virbank complex for sawk, rapidash and growlithe respectively.

I'm at 480 eggs hatched for Emolga. Still no shine though.

I'm debating though, should I get all of the eggs and then hatch them or should I just hatch them as I get them? I don't really care about it making my hours way long lol

Page 159 of 851 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast