Page 182 of 888 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I have successfully caught 13 shiny porygon in my 75 chain yesterday. Also just moments ago finished my chain of sneasel which I caught 9 shinies, six of which have adamant nature! Question though... Does anyone here lv up their shinies and or use them?

I thought I would try and do one of those 'Live' videos that people sometimes do, and no less than 5 hours in (with breaks!) I had this happen! http://youtu.be/2sxzhqb-0H4

Unfortunately my camera doesn't focus well on the fuzzy screen my 3DS produces, but I'm happy with the haul! it's a female Deerling, level 26 and has a Hasty nature which as far as I'm concerned, is freaking amazing. Congratz on everyones hunts so far and to those who are still going!

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Congrats to Matthyew on Seadra, Pokemaster13 on Totodile, Master Leo on Totodile, *Murkrow on Purrloin and Soulink on 13 Porygon (and I have yet to get 1...). Also Bleu (who I am editing in) on Deerling!

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    I think once you have surf you can go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    @Lunafloon, you can go for Lapras as soon as you get surf which is after the 4th gym. I did the same on my SS badge quest, good luck!
    Thank you both, I'm largely looking forward to it! Lapras was one of those Pokémon I eyed up to soft reset years ago and then forgot about, like many others... But I will get it this time, 3ish years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulink View Post
    Does anyone here lv up their shinies and or use them?
    I use some and keep some as just prizes, kinda. Not sure of the right word. It largely depends how I obtain them though. I tend to use all of my soft reset starters, because I obtain them at the beginning of the game and I may as well use them! But I also have some shinies that I don't train or evolve, because they're either fine as they are (Charmander, Bidoof, Zigzagoon) or I got a shiny I didn't want and would rather just keep it for keeping's sake simply because of the effort put in to find it (Golduck). I also have some shinies I don't use just because they're legendary or I haven't found a use for them yet, for example, I'm not evolving Growlithe yet because I'm still umming and ahhing about whether to EV train him, since I've never EV trained before.

TL;DR, it depends on the shiny and at what point of the game I catch it as to whether I level it up!

Anyways, I know I am back already after only one day, but I have another question. I figure a thread with a decent number of shiny hunters has to have one person who can help me!
    I'm currently, as mentioned before (and in my sig) SRing for Honey Tree Pokémon on Platinum. There's 2 Pokémon available of Honey Trees I want specific genders for; Combee (Female) and Burmy (Male). I started using Cute Charm for about 100 SR's before I remembered hearing rumors about it effecting shinies in Gen IV?
    The problem is, I can't remember whether the effect is positive or negative, and Google just gives me results for how to RNG abuse with Cute Charm, which I don't really want to do...
    So I guess what I'm asking is, can someone please explain how Cute Charm works (or doesn't work) in Gen IV, and whether I should stop using it or if I can continue?
    I will continue to use it until I get a definite answer, since I really want Male Burmy, but an answer would be very much appreciated thank you!

Anyways, while I'm here, as mentioned, Drifloon/Burmy hunt is going well, 700 SR's in 3 days (2 of constant SRing) and Virbank Complex/Floccesy Ranch is nearly at 1000 RE's in 2 days! I'm currently at the ranch with a Static Flaaffy and planning to stay there for a good few RE, would love to finally have a shiny Mareep! :3

Good luck to everyone else hunting again, especially those with long hunts!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Yesterday I decided to start another wedlocke, this time on soulsilver and the dumbest thing happened. The second pokemon I found after getting my starter was a SHINY HOOTHOOT DXXXXXX I obviously couldn't catch it >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I been two day and no luck on Route 211. I am finally starting my shiny starters hunt with tepig. Hopefully, it will be my first shiny using the MM way.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    I thought I would try and do one of those 'Live' videos that people sometimes do, and no less than 5 hours in (with breaks!) I had this happen! http://youtu.be/2sxzhqb-0H4
    Congrats! The sparkles are always so exciting to see!

Why couldn't you? Shouldn't shinies be exempt from any challenge rules? Still, I don't mind it if people do so anyways, but that would hurt to kill a shiny. I wouldn't be so sad if it happened to me, I already have two :P

Anyways, I am at 570 Eggs for Larvesta, and 4,750 REs in Route 32.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

In regards to Cute Charm in Gen 4, certain TID/SID causes the chances of encountering shinies to be as high as 1/32. It won't make it any worse than the 1/8192, so go ahead and use it if you want.

@AquaRegisteel, I think they couldn't catch it due to lack of pokeballs. IIRC, HG/SS had you walking all over the place (to Dr. Pokemons') before finally handing over the pokeballs.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Congrats on shinies guys, especially the live deerling! Love watching live encounters for motivation.

Well day 4 of SR'ing hasn't bought me shiny turtwig yet but I'll continue tomorrow. Hopefully I see this through, it's only the duration between SR's that is the hard part.

Best of luck everyone. Especially TheMaster on Tauros. Hope you grab that record and then tht shiny not long after :-)

Well thanks dangertrout very much, now I don't have to worry about choosing my next bq target. I'll be hunting above goldenrod for nidoran male with a cute charmer to make it better odds of a male.

In regard to my 2nd bq target, I'm at 17,323 REs at route 32.

Congrats and good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

First off congrads to everyone since I last posted I know its been awhile for me. I have no news to report Ive been doing RE in heartgold for Unowns. And in my white 2 games I have started doing MM hunt for Onix.

Soulink, wow congrads I actually use my shinies that I like (Magmartor and Alazakaam) for example. But if I don't they just hang out in my boxes.
    My Shiny list has grown more than the sig can handle. No biggie I'm a shiny hunter and proud of my many many shinies. I'm always looking for more to complete my shiny living pokedex. I know it sounds crazy but I'm up to 16 boxes. I do have many extra shinies that I'm willing trade for ones I'm missing. My top ten shinies I'm looking right now are: 1) Weedle 2) Drowzee 3) Natu 4) Regice 5)Plusle 6) Groundon 7) Torkoal 8)Snubbull 9) Cobalion 10) Klefki. I need many more but I figure listing a few wouldn't hurt.

Yeah well, having 10 girafarig sitting around is kind of meh. I'm not one who trades either. I've never been that kind of person tbh. Anyway, I'll be hunting down shiny growlithe later along with elekid. Good luck everyone.

Community Hunt Complete!
    Just hatched another shiny male charmander. That makes the fourth so far in my quest for a female.

edit - I've been hunting them on and off since last year. To get my female bulbasaur, I had to hatch 6 males
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 11th April 2013 at 4:41 AM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Oh wow, i didnt notice their was a really active shiny community here o.o !!!

Anyways, i have captured a total of 54 shinies so far (Only around 20 species though :P)

I am currently Random encountering for shiny caterpie and growlithe in FR/LG while soft resetting for a shiny Drifloon, Done about 4600 Sr's (

Pass me some of your shiny luck please Dangertrout (4 charmanders.. gosh lol)

Edit: How long did 4 charmander's take lol
    Last edited by Bern; 11th April 2013 at 3:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Community Hunt Complete!
    Just hatched another shiny male charmander. That makes the fourth so far in my quest for a female.
    O.O Wow Congrats!

Congrats to pokemaster13 on Totodile, Master Leo on Totodile, *Murkrow on Purrloin, Soulink, Bleu on Deerling, and Dangertrout on Charmander!

Sorry to hear about the HootHoot, Nibbles4ever =\

And thanks, City and Murkrow!

Good luck with those tests, Danger!

I imagine most do if it's one they hunted for. So far, I only have one shiny that I hunted for (Eevee/Umbreon), and I leveled it up to 100. My Litwick I haven't touched, since I don't really like Chandelure (and certainly not it's shiny form).

Oh, and going back to some other questions asked not too long ago...

The pokemon I most want to get shiny from Gen 6 is Yveltal. I think it's a neat looking pokemon on it's own (and I'm picky about which pokemon I like), and it definitely has the potential to be an awesome shiny...I'll be disappointed if it just ends up being a darker/lighter red -_- I'm still entertaining the idea of doing a Gen 6 BQ (I still want to do a normal playthrough though, so I'll get 2 games). Of course, I still have my current BQ which hasn't even really started yet, so...

As for not using a sync...A few reasons. For one, I'm a bit lazy to get a sync that I would need, though it really couldn't be THAT hard or time consuming. I also just don't know enough about natures/movesets in general to worry about getting the right one. I also find it more fun to be surprised with the pokemons stats and natures. And I like being able to change who I have in front when I'm doing encounters. Like right now, I've got a leafeon in front just for fun. I'll change it up whenever I feel like it. It's sort of ironic that I don't use a sync though, seeing as my favorite pokemon is one.

------

I did a decent amount of hunting today! 600 REs at Virbank and 150 SRs for Piplup! This brings me to 5,600 REs and 3,400 SRs...Slowly creeping up to the odds for REs, and to the halfway point for SRs...Hm...

Good luck everyone Especially those of you with unusually long hunts or doing inherently long hunts (ie. the 2 or 3 of you going for all Eeveelutions, and the steel hunt...Am I forgetting any?)!
    Last edited by Cpchris; 11th April 2013 at 5:14 AM. Reason: Typo :x
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,600 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,000 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,100 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

And because I can't remember when exactly I last posted, I shall give out blanket congrats to all those recently got a shiny. And I wis hall of you still hunting good luck, especially The Master 327. 8,200+ eggs must be terrible, I could barely keep myself hatching Growlithe after 3,700 eggs.

But anyway I haven't really posted as there's been nothing to post. I only have three more weeks of school left, so I've been busy with a speech, group project, a test tomorrow, and final exams coming up. Haven't really hathced many more Shinx eggs, I'm only at 160 hatched... so yeah. I've been focusing on my Squirtle hunt in my HG. I'm to 8,600 SRs and still nothing. Not really complaining as it keeps me from getting to bored, but I do wish it would shine soon. It's only 17 SRs short of becoming my third longest hunt. My longest being Ho-Oh at 9,778 SRs. But maybe he/she will shine tomorrow, it's my brother's birthday so it would be pretty neat if it did!

Gratz to *Murkrow on Purrloin, Bleu on Deerling and DangerTrout on Charmander!

Eevee is still being stubborn! I've hatched 2400 eggs so far but I'm still hopeful it will shine soon. Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Gratz to *Murkrow on Purrloin, Bleu on Deerling and DangerTrout on Charmander!

Eevee is still being stubborn! I've hatched 2400 eggs so far but I'm still hopeful it will shine soon. Good luck everyone.
    Eevees are stubborn!!
    The last Eevee egg I counted was 2200 something.After that I stopped counting and it took a lot of eggs to hatch!
    Good luck with your hunt.^^
    Congratz to everyone who got their shinies.^^
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

4,700 SRs in soulsilver now, that's 14,100 starters, i have a feeling it'll show up tomorrow but who knows...also hoping for anything other than another Ledian in the dreamyard in white, and i don't have anything from village bridge in white 2, but zangoose would be awesome

Thanks to anyone who answered my question regarding the use of Synchronizer

Anyway....

I don't always use them, but I do evolve them (with the exception of Pichu, Eevee, Minccino, and Haunter, the Pichu is the special event one from HG/SS era, as for Eevee, I never want to evolve it, and for Minccino and Haunter....I just don't like Gengar and Cinccino's shiny color, so I didn't evolve them).

And for the ones I won't use, I always level them up to level 50 then I stop, unless if they evolve at a higher level than that.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I usually save my shiny finds for a playthrough. I feel that is the least I can do for them since they took so much effort. I currently have a pearl run with a shiny Marowak/Manectric and have a shinx and dratini in storage awaiting my next gen5/6 run.

On my search I've done 20 Abra eggs a day roughly this month (so around 220 so far). Tbh its a horrible search for a shiny I'm not too fussed about. Abra shiny sprite is so close to the normal one I keep seeing things, plus I really want a dw one so fully expect to be disappointed when it comes in as inner focus. I might switch it up and go for a elgyem but I think my eyes would start seeing false shiny sprites for them too.

Well finally!!

Community Hunt Complete!!

Shiny Eevee finally hatches after 2466 eggs!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps58c82090.jpg

So happy this finally shone since I can finally get to some other MM hunts! I'll be evolving this into Umbreon since its one of my favorite shiny eeveelutions. Now I'll be MMing Absol, its my 2nd favorite pokemon (just behind Arcanine) and I always wanted one. Thanks to everyone who wished me luck on this hunt and good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

You think Eevee are stubborn?! Go five pokemon back in the dex and you'll find the definition of stubborn! Congrats on the Eevee, though, CoD! Also on DT's 4th Charmander!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

6,400 SRs

Congrats to everyone!
    Hatched around 150 eggs and still no dark-green scyther for me

Keep hunting ma people!

---------

EDIT: YES! I got it!! While taking a break from MMing, i finally found it!
    Fu****g shiny tentacool, you are mine!
    I recorded, so if you want, please check in my channel!
    Bye guys!
    Last edited by 201238; 11th April 2013 at 9:40 PM.
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Page 182 of 888 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast