Page 186 of 945 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 23625

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hi all, decided to drop in and make a quick post even though I don't have much to say. Congrats to all of the recent shinies, especially The Master's Tauros, that took ages!

I haven't done a lot of hunting recently, well barely any at all so I don't have much to report on that but I did start a Heart Gold Badge Quest the other day and have been working on my pokedex in Black 2 (only 400+ pokemon to go).

Anyway, just thought I would post something. Good luck on all of your hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Oh, here's a sort of boring question for people, but of all the gen 6 Pokemon you've seen so far (because there's so many of them!) is there any one in particular you definitely want to get the shiny for of, despite not knowing what it will look like?
    Sylveon would be my choice as I really like the design of the pokemon, Fennekin would be another.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

CVongrats to all the recent shinies and a special congrats to The Master on the record breaking Tauros hunt (wish I could have seen your reaction)!

I don't really have much to report, my laptop crashed and is on its way to Apple to get a new hard drive so I'm going to lose everything as I was an idiot and didn't back anything up. For the next two weeks until I get it back, I'm stuck with my craptop that takes around ten minutes to do anything. But I guess the upside (if you wanna call it that) is that it gives me plenty of time to shiny hunt between loading pages.

As far as my hunts go I've gotten my Squirtle hunt to 10,000 SRs making my longest hunt ever. I've decided to take a break on Squirtle untill I hatch my shiny Shinx, which I'm at 235 eggs hatched.

For a while now I've always wanted my own shiny card, so I treid many times on my photoshop elements, but being technologically challenged I failed miserably every time. So last Thursday I finally decided I was going to make one the only way I know how: draw one by hand. This means I'm going to have to hand draw all 20 of my shiny pokemon (not including my three chained shinx, night add them in later but I don't know). I've already mapped it all out and it's gonna take four pages of my sketch book. I've drawn and outlined two (one of which is already colored, the other I need to buy the right color marker for) and I've begun sketching four others. So I'm already off to a great start, last time I did something like this (but with only six pokemon) it took me nearly two months of off and an drawing. I'll be sure to post at least a link of the finished project when I finally finish (this will be an ongoing thing as I will have to draw every new shiny I get).

Good luck everyone!

Community hunt complete!

After 665 eggs, I finally hatched my shiny Maractus! I was joking to my friend on Friday that it would be awkward if it hatched at 666 eggs... So close.

Maractus (now named Narcolepsy) is female and has a Relaxed nature. I'm really happy I finally hatched her! (Sorry, no pictures. I don't own a camera.)

No idea what I'm going to do now... Probably going to RE something since I want to take a break from eggs.

Grats to all recent shinies everyone!

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    Community hunt complete!

After 665 eggs, I finally hatched my shiny Maractus! I was joking to my friend on Friday that it would be awkward if it hatched at 666 eggs... So close.

Maractus (now named Narcolepsy) is female and has a Relaxed nature. I'm really happy I finally hatched her! (Sorry, no pictures. I don't own a camera.)

No idea what I'm going to do now... Probably going to RE something since I want to take a break from eggs.

Grats to all recent shinies everyone!
    Good job on that Maractus (female, at least something good!), pretty cool, hope it will be great !
    If I was you, I would be hunting in the Castelia Park for Skitty. Skitty's shiny color is better then her actually own. But that's my suggestion !
    Congratulations to everyone and good luck !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I want to BQ Platinum...do I have to constantly restart or can I just SR infront of the pokeballs before choosing one?

Yay! shiny chikorita after 2910 starters seen! CONGRATS ON TAUROS MASTER! SUPER GOOD LUCK TO HELIO!

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...ps139f6be6.jpg

although that isnt a cyndaquil il have to keep hunting them but im still happy i got chikorita so quickly only been hunting it for a day and a half but im really ahppyw ith this new ID i got as well(09030) hopefully it produces the shiny cyndaquil im hoping for! congrats on the sexy absol city and good luck on the race as for my magmar just passed 3200 good luck everyone!
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 15th April 2013 at 3:53 AM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Seems like johto starters are coming fairly quickly for everyone else, I'm at 5,000 SRs which is 15,000 starters... Oh well Lakers are playing so ill hunt while the game is on

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    I want to BQ Platinum...do I have to constantly restart or can I just SR infront of the pokeballs before choosing one?
    You can restart infront of pokeballs and hope it shine when fighting Barry. That how I got my shiny turtwig.

Congrats to the new shines.( especially the new tauros, it's lovely shiny)

I am have total of 230 tepig eggs hatched. I was able to get Japanese tepig on the GTS. Hopefully, the daycare guy give me more eggs now so that it go faster.
    Last edited by Daisymareep; 15th April 2013 at 5:32 AM.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

First of all, MAJOR congrats to TheMaster on that stubborn Taurous. That was for sure a well deserved shiny! Also congrats to all other recent shinies

I just wanted to stop by for a little progress report, if that's what you want to call it. My Leaf Green hunt has been going steadily and I'm excited to see something shine there. I have put the Beldum hunt off to the side and have not done many eggs for that. But to make up for that I have focused more on my Turtwig hunt. I don't expect that to shine any time soon though

@dan2point5 Would you like to have a friendly race for Turtwig? I know races help motivate me, so if you think it'll help you as well, let's go for it!

And yet again, I'm off. Good luck on all your hunts! Especially Heliotrope! It's got to shine soon! The Taurous is proof of that!
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Congrats to wiccan11 on Unown, TheMaster327 on multiple Eevees, ohjeezitskim on Cyndaquil, City Of Delusion on another Chikorita, Charizardmaster#1 on Mareep, Valkerion Moonshadow on Seel, Blood Red Absol on Gastly, cocoadragon on Diglett, KittyKitty3308 on their 6th Eevee, TheMaster327 on Tauros (finally!), City Of Delusion on Absol, Birds Of Paradise on Venipede, Bonetail on Maractus and cocoadragon on Chikorita!

As for me, no shiny, just an update! Now at 2300 SR's, took it easy Friday and Sunday, but planning to do a lot more tomorrow, I aim to do at least 200-400 a day, but I did do 500+ Thursday! I'm really excited about this hunt, really hoping for something good from the honey tree! Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed and finds tiny details like this interesting, I change my sig everyday to whatever Pokémon is hanging about the honey tree, so today it was Combee and tomorrow, well, I don't know yet! >3<
    I'm also at 2305 RE's at Floccesy Ranch, though I'll be doing a few more before I head off to bed. I've decided for now not to switch routes and stick to Floccesy Ranch, but if this hunt gets too long I might have to! Haha!
    I also collected a few Mudkip eggs today, just to push the number up a bit. Now have 460 eggs in the PC to hatch at the Marine Tube once I hit 600. So that means I collected 100 today, not bad!

Good luck everyone else on your hunts, especially Helio at this point! D:
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 15th April 2013 at 5:38 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Gratz to Birds of Paradise on Venipede, Bonetail on Maractus and cocoadragon on Chikorita!

Well, after Ev training some of my shinies I got distracted by the PWT and barely got any hunting done today. I've also been trying to find some good foreign pokes for furture MM hunts and I got a few but I can't seem to find a Yanma with good IVs. Anyways, I'm gonna start MMing for Houndour in a bit, hopefully this doesn't take too long. Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Congrats to Valkerion Moonshadow on Seel, Blood Red Absol on Gastly, cocoadragon on Diglett, KittyKitty3308 on Eevee (finally!), TheMaster327 on Tauros (great determination!), City Of Delusion on Absol (Umbreon's the sexiest, btw... ), Birds of Paradise on Venipede, Bonetail on Maractus, and cocoadragon on Chikorita!

Well, 200 and 50 again for me...I did have to stay an hour+ later at work, but I was still home by 5:30, and didn't start hunting until after 9, so that's on me, not work >.< Should be home by 2 tomorrow, so hopefully I won't get distracted again. 5 days straight for me though, just 2 more and I'll have a personal consecutive dual hunting days record

Btw, for those of you who do live shiny vids, anyone know how I might be able to make the screens appear less white so you can actually see the pokemon clearer in a battle? I'm recording both screens, so it's further away. If I was just recording one screen close up, it'd be fine. I tried lowering the white balance, which made a difference...But only affects pictures - it reverts back to normal when I do a video, and the video doesn't really seem to have separate options...Maybe it's just my camera and there's nothing I can do, but would appreciate any tips :x

Oh, I also did 25 REs on SS today just for fun...Hardly worth noting though >.<

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats to Bonetail on Maractus and to Cocoa on Chikorita!

@HGaddict - Yeah I'm up for a little race for shiny Turtwig! Hopefully a little friendly competition will help with the tedious process haha.

Good luck today everyone.

Wow, I don't know how you guys can devote yourselves to thousands of REs, SRs and eggs without giving up in anger. I'm going to attempt it though. For a beginner, what method of shiny hunting is the easiest? I'm leaning toward SRing or breeding for a shiny Charmander since I've been working on playthroughs of the gen 3 games since the announcement of X and Y and I've been starting new games anyway. If I want a shiny Charmander, is it easier to SR FR/LG or to breed in a later game? Thanks for any tips or opinions!

Currently my only shiny is a Jumpluff from one of the gen 3 games ( I don't remember which, it's been sitting in Pokemon Box for years).
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Wow, I don't know how you guys can devote yourselves to thousands of REs, SRs and eggs without giving up in anger. I'm going to attempt it though. For a beginner, what method of shiny hunting is the easiest? I'm leaning toward SRing or breeding for a shiny Charmander since I've been working on playthroughs of the gen 3 games since the announcement of X and Y and I've been starting new games anyway. If I want a shiny Charmander, is it easier to SR FR/LG or to breed in a later game? Thanks for any tips or opinions!

Currently my only shiny is a Jumpluff from one of the gen 3 games ( I don't remember which, it's been sitting in Pokemon Box for years).
    To me, the easiest method would be having a shiny charm (wich I don't have) while you're soft reseting or randomly encountering Pokémon.
    For a beginner, I would say Soft Reseting a starter is pretty calm and not frustrating or using more than one DS to randomly encounter something at some place where you want a shiny. There's no "good" method. But I think hatching eggs is pretty anoying, since it's pretty long, depending on how many steps the baby need and all the stuff like that (don't forget the Masuda Method, wich can increase the number of chances to hatch a shiny, but it is not always quick, look at TheMaster327). Do what you feel the most comfortable because if you don't have patience, it's gonna be very long. Being comfortable while hunting helps a lot.
    As for the others, good luck, a lot of shiny starters in sight and Badge Quest, I like that !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 15th April 2013 at 2:10 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I'd say MM it in a later game like BW/BW2. Hatching eggs can get rather annoying but the lower odds make up for it. My Charmander only took 296 eggs but it can take much longer. I just think MMing it would be better compared to the slow SR's on FR/LG but its up to you. Good luck! :]
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Or you can be really crazy like me...grab a bunch of eggs. Go to a route and RE Pupitars till all the eggs hatch or one of them shines! I haven't started doing this yet but this may be my new plan. >.>

As someone who is new to shiny hunting as well I have one piece of advice for you...make sure you are comfy. I do the egg hunt myself because I can do other things while doing it and the game pauses when an egg hatches so I won't accidently miss anything.

I am also a new shiny hunter... and i began with RE.
    It's kinda fun actually at some point, and, if you have more then one console, it gets ''faster''.
    But, you have to pay a little atention, cause you don't want to flee from a shiny.
    Also, i recomend CHAIN for the first ones.. chain can be very tricky, and it's kinda exciting when you get to 35+ chain, xD.
    The reason i prefer RE is that you can train EV, and this way, your game don't stay put for a long time!
    MM is good also, cause you can do several other stuff cause you will not miss a shiny if you get one. (i never got a MASUDA, i am gathering scyther eggs atm)
    So is pretty much up to you.

GOOD LUCK!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Tried my hand at some chaining last night and this morning- apparently I don't have the knack for it yet as I got up to a whopping 10 in my highest chain >.<
    Ah well! Back to trying to hatch a MM'd Eevee- 800 eggs and counting!
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Congrats on recent shines like TheMaster's Tauros and good luck to Heliotrope. Long SR hunts make you not want to do another SR hunt for a while.

I've got nothing new to report. Only stopping by to say I'm up to 6,000 RE's in my fish hunt for my LG BQ. Switched from my GBA SP to my DS lite cause of the extra brightness just to make sure I dont accidentally flee.

GL to all current hunts.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

How stubborn is Eevee? I really want a shiny Eevee (for the purposes of one of my fanfictions actually. yes I am an uber nerd, so what?) can you only chain in platinum? I am thinking of MMing him, but I don't want to give up on Ekans so quickly...ugh am I rambling?? v.v sorry.
    And I can't trade for one cause I don't own super perfect shiny Pokemon to trade. :/

I thought the same too, when I was new here. I thought, wow this must take FOREVER, I thought people doing over 400 eggs was insane, people who did over 1,000 encounters spent days running back in fourth - BUT once you start doing it and you watch tv with nothing to do all day, I got to 1,000 REs easily - while doing the repel trick. Once you get into it, it feels like it goes a lot faster.

The easiest for me is using the masuda method since it's the lowest shiny chance (besides chaining, of course.) MMing is how I've gotten most of my shinies. I started to RE with a shiny charm and got three shinies that way and find that more fun then hatching eggs most times!

Also congrats to City Of Delusion on your 3rd Chikorita, Charizardmaster#1 on Mareep, Valkerion Moonshadow on Seel, Blood Red Absol on Gastly, cocoadragon on Diglett, KittyKitty3308 on another Eevee, City Of Delusion on Absol, Birds Of Paradise on Venipede, Bonetail on Maractus and cocoadragon on Chikorita!

Super Congrats to TheMaster327 on Tauros - The feeling of finally seeing one on your screen must have been amazing :3

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    How stubborn is Eevee? I really want a shiny Eevee (for the purposes of one of my fanfictions actually. yes I am an uber nerd, so what?) can you only chain in platinum? I am thinking of MMing him, but I don't want to give up on Ekans so quickly...ugh am I rambling?? v.v sorry.
    And I can't trade for one cause I don't own super perfect shiny Pokemon to trade. :/
    Chaning is a good option, since you can get as many as you want, if you are looking for all eeveelutions.
    I, personaly, don't like to catch multiple shinies per chain.. i think it loses it's porpouse.
    (I know i already chained, for ponyta, pachirisu and shynx, but i only caught one of each)
    If you like playing BW, you can MM easier then in GEN IV games, (of course you know that).
    IF i were you, i'd try to chain.
    Anyway, best of luck to you!!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

So as i continue to SR for legends this beauty took less than a day take my sync didnt work, but still happy. Just got my key for Regice so thats my next target.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psa005e335.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps8d9b1f7a.jpg

Im kinda in a hurry today so big congrats on all that have received shinies. Keep it up peeps good luck
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

I have not posted here for a while, the main reason is because I had gotten fire emblem: awakening and when I get a new game I play it alot.
    I've gotten back to shiny hunting now and my target is to get any fighting type with any method because I just got my blackbelt in martial arts yesterday.
    Right now I'm trying to RE for Machop for my platinum BQ. I'm also MMing for Sawk in White 2. I'm currently at 4475 REs for Machop(I've been counting from when I lat played)
    and 355 MMs for Sawk. I plan to change from my platinum hunt when I reach 5000 to doubleing up MMs for Sawk in White.
    Congrats to all who got their shinies and good luck to those still hunting.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: BQ #4 ???(RE) OR: Ho-oh(SR-SC)

Most Recent Shiny:
    OR: ??? MMs Nickname: No nickname yet

Page 186 of 945 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast