Page 187 of 938 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 23427

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hey guys!
    Sorry for many posts in this page, but i am very happy!
    After around 3300+ RE's route 42 gave me something.
    It's shame it was not the ones i was REALLY looking for.

I was looking for a Mareep ou a Flaaffy, but, a Spearow decided to shine!
    Not bad.
    I mean, not bad at all!
    He is so awesome! It's a shame the nature did no help, but well, i really got happy about a ''quick'' shiny.

One more time, good luck to everyone!

And, if you are feeling like watching me catching this bird, check it out on my youtube channel!
    Bye!!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Trading like a madman today netted me two new shinies! A Charmander and a Lucario!
    Had them checked every way I could find, they are legit. So geeked.

I used to have a shiny hariyama on my sapphire, but I'm not quite sure what happened to it. Either my little brother or jerk neighbor. I did just last week random encounter a Golduck! Finally after so any years of playing, good to have another shiny

OMG! OMG! OMG! Shiny Poliwag!!!!! Its exactly what I wanted .

Encounter
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2iuu9hs.jpg[/IMG]

Summary
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/34689kp.jpg[/IMG]

I am literally shaking right now. I cannot believe I got the one I wanted. GL to everyone .
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Congrats on the little wag!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    OMG! OMG! OMG! Shiny Poliwag!!!!! Its exactly what I wanted .

Encounter
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2iuu9hs.jpg[/IMG]

Summary
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/34689kp.jpg[/IMG]

I am literally shaking right now. I cannot believe I got the one I wanted. GL to everyone .
    Oh my Arceus, something very good ! Congratulation on that little girl, I feel the happiness even if it isn't me ! So cool !
    For once you got the one you wanted the most and that makes me very proud of you, good luck on your Badge Quest !
    What will be your next hunt ? I'm very curious.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Oh my Arceus, something very good ! Congratulation on that little girl, I feel the happiness even if it isn't me ! So cool !
    For once you got the one you wanted the most and that makes me very proud of you, good luck on your Badge Quest !
    What will be your next hunt ? I'm very curious.
    Well, after I beat Koga I might hunt in the Safari Zone(the flee chance makes it exciting) or a Surf RE hunt in Seafoam Islands for Seel/Dewgong/Slowpoke/Slowbro(I Loooove Seel/Dewgong). I've not decided yet on which to hunt in yet.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Hello everyone!
    I am very sorry to give a blanket congrats, but Congratulations everyone on their recent shinies
    I'd like to specially congratulate TheMaster327 for finally recieving that Tauros!!
    I'd also like to congratulate Charizardmaster#1 for finally getting that mareep!!
    As for me, I have finished one of the 2 final projects I have!! So, I'm taking the time to shiny hunt a little
    I have decided instead of SRing for now I will RE for either a shiny mareep or shiny wooper in route 32 for my SoulSilver BadgeQuest
    Hopefully it wont be too long n vn
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Well, after I beat Koga I might hunt in the Safari Zone(the flee chance makes it exciting) or a Surf RE hunt in Seafoam Islands for Seel/Dewgong/Slowpoke/Slowbro(I Loooove Seel/Dewgong). I've not decided yet on which to hunt in yet.
    Ehw, if I was you, I wouldn't go in the Safari Zone, especially if it can easily flee. It's very disapointing, more if you've been looking for a long time. You should think of it twice before making that choice. And, after all, Dewgong and Slowbro aren't bad on their shiny form, right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by starrrah View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am very sorry to give a blanket congrats, but Congratulations everyone on their recent shinies
    I'd like to specially congratulate TheMaster327 for finally recieving that Tauros!!
    I'd also like to congratulate Charizardmaster#1 for finally getting that mareep!!
    As for me, I have finished one of the 2 final projects I have!! So, I'm taking the time to shiny hunt a little
    I have decided instead of SRing for now I will RE for either a shiny mareep or shiny wooper in route 32 for my SoulSilver BadgeQuest
    Hopefully it wont be too long n vn
    Good luck to you too, hope it won't be long too !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    I want to BQ Platinum...do I have to constantly restart or can I just SR infront of the pokeballs before choosing one?
    I'll say, if you get tired of SR'ing for a starter in Platinum (longest time per SR, IIRC), you can go with something else for the first BQ shiny, like I did. It's really up to you, and how determined you are. I personally couldn't stand SR'ing there for a starter, so I went with Route 207, though that wasn't particularly quick either.

And I'm sorry for not congratulating everyone specifically in this post, but I want to congratulate TheMaster327 for finally getting that Tauros! I may be a little on the late side, but I'm still really excited for you. It's been so long, I think you started that hunt before I even started shiny hunting. Huge congrats!

Also, on my end Giratina is taking me a long time, only being at 1200 SR's now. I really need to try harder, but who knows how long it will take? My last SR, Drifloon took me only 4459 SR's, so that's my motivation as of now. That, and being my last BQ shiny, I really would like to see this one soon. My next hunt, I've decided, will be one I've been planning for a long time, Mewtwo. Having a new form really is going to drive me to try for a shiny one, which I'll be SR'ing for on FR, and maybe dual hunt with Soul Silver. So to the question on Gen 6 shinies, that's my answer, even though it's not technically a new pokemon. First, though, Giratina. Again, sorry for not congratulating you all individually, but good luck to you all on your hunts!
    Last edited by Psynergy; 16th April 2013 at 3:19 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Congrats to Master Leo on Poliwag, 201238 on Spearow, Chachi on Cresselia, and everyone else who recently obtained a shiny.

I'm now at 2,410 REs at Route 35 in Soulsilver. I'll be getting Injustice: Gods Among Us tomorrow, so my hunting will likely be slowed down greatly since I'll be playing that excessively. But I hope that it won't come to a complete stop. I really want this Nidoran Male after all.

Anyways, good luck on all your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hey guys I am a new shiny hunter and have decided to start a badge quest, does anyone have any tips? I am new to shiny hunting but not new to shinies so I know the odds and also know that it takes ALOT of patience. Oh, and for my bq do shiny starters count towards my first gym battle? I have been SRing for a Oshawott and would like to know if he counts even though I am still very early in my SRing hunt(only 110).
    Current Hunt(s)-
    Shinies-N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Congrats to Master Leo on Poliwag, 201238 on Spearow, Chachi on Cresselia, and everyone else who recently obtained a shiny.

I'm now at 2,410 REs at Route 35 in Soulsilver. I'll be getting Injustice: Gods Among Us tomorrow, so my hunting will likely be slowed down greatly since I'll be playing that excessively. But I hope that it won't come to a complete stop. I really want this Nidoran Male after all.

Anyways, good luck on all your hunts!

Thanks man!
    And good luck on that male nidoran!!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!

FRIEND CODE:

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless96 View Post
    Hey guys I am a new shiny hunter and have decided to start a badge quest, does anyone have any tips? I am new to shiny hunting but not new to shinies so I know the odds and also know that it takes ALOT of patience. Oh, and for my bq do shiny starters count towards my first gym battle? I have been SRing for a Oshawott and would like to know if he counts even though I am still very early in my SRing hunt(only 110).
    yeah a starter would count as 1st BQ shiny(just doesnt have to be a starter if you dont want it to...) ...and yeah PATIENCE is required..

sry that i havent posted in a while but my internet was down...and still MMing that Staryu(at over 1500+-ish atm), starting to wonder if i should try REing one again(more fun[sort of considering its a surf RE],and dont have to pay as much attention XP)

grats on the shinies since my last post(ALOT) especially Tauros,id try to MM one but i dont have one on my white/didnt see one and only have 1 DS so i cant trade one from my Diamond :'(

Good Luck on all hunts!!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

How you guys set up your badges?
    I mean, do you have pre-determined targets or do whatever pops in your mind?

FRIEND CODE:

I wish I had the patience to hunt for shinies. I always mess up the chains, and never hatch enough eggs to Masuda Method.

Congrats on cresselia, poliwag and Spearow guys!

Got bored this morning and restarted my platinum to get a new ID that I liked. Ended up with 28885 which I liked so now that's the number I'll be continuing the Turtwig hunt with. Hopefully it's a lucky number!

Best of luck.

Gratz to Chachi on Cresselia, 201238 on Spearow and Master Leo on Poliwag.

I've hatched 360 eggs for Houndour so far and I'm at day 3 of SRing for Johto starters. I'm not expecting anything right now but shinies tend to pop up when you don't expect it so who knows. Good luck peeps. May the shiny gods bless you.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I am hoping for a birthday shiny today. I found a pinecone earlier which represents good luck...so lets hope it works!

7,410 REs now in Route 32. Starrah will get Mareep before me lmao.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by 201238 View Post
    How you guys set up your badges?
    I mean, do you have pre-determined targets or do whatever pops in your mind?
    depends on the person. Some people have shinies in mind that they want to go for, some don't have a preference and hunt where ever. I'm very ADD with hunting, so I'd probably switch routes all the time

edit - yeah, all those BQs going on are making me want to do one, but I have too many other projects I want to do >.<
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 16th April 2013 at 6:22 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    depends on the person. Some people have shinies in mind that they want to go for, some don't have a preference and hunt where ever. I'm very ADD with hunting, so I'd probably switch routes all the time
    I see.
    I asked that cause i see everyone with a current badge quest.
    Like you, i keep changing routes, but i put more effort on the ones i considers my favorite pokemons..

I'm trying a MM scyther.
    Dam, in SS this can take a looooong time , especially when the day-care is giving a low amount of eggs to me =(

FRIEND CODE:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I am hoping for a birthday shiny today. I found a pinecone earlier which represents good luck...so lets hope it works!

7,410 REs now in Route 32. Starrah will get Mareep before me lmao.
    Pfft, I doubt that! I cant really do serious shiny hunting till next week , make it your goal to get it at the end of next week! Haha
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

I use SS for all my shinies from now on, but I have a skitty and a metagross, and a few others for grabs is anyone plays SS
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Omg... please don't remind me that there could be another! If so, I would have 5 more to go instead of just 4 and I'm wanting to move on from this quest already!!! I'm kinda hoping that Sylveon is like a flying type and IF there is another Eeveelution, it would be like a ghost type, or dragon of course. :3
    Lol, sorry! I just thought that maybe you should be prepared! Hey, they might not have a second Eeveelution this time around, but it seems likely that they might! Good luck with them all!

Heya again, guys and girls!

Okay, a deep breath here!

Congrats to RedJirachi, Cocoadragon x3, ChaChi x2, City of Delusion x5!!!, HGaddict, *Murkrow x2, Cyndajay, Pokemaster13, Master Leo x2, Bleu, Dangertrout, 201238 x 2, wiccan11, ohjeezitskim, CharizardMaster#1, KittyKitty3308, The Master327 (for that pesky Tauros! Finally!), Birds of Paradise, and last but not least, Bonetail!

I think that's all since my last post! Well done!

Also, thanks for the responses to my question. I realise I never answered my own question, but my intentions are definitely to try and get a shiny Chespin and a shiny Yveltal in the future. I really hope that Game Freak doesn't pull some shiny lock thing again. I think it's kind of unnecessary. While it's debateable why Zekrom and Reshiram have a shiny lock, I don't really understand why Victini had one due to how it was encountered. Hopefully Xerneas and Yveltal are different to Zekrom and Reshiram. And yes, you do wonder whether Chespin's shiny form is worth it, so let's hope it is, and not like Garchomp 2 or something!

Also, thanks for the well wishes about my ankle/foot. I have had to go to hospital twice more to get another xray and ultrasound. Thankfully it's not broken, but I have done some damage to ligaments or something, although the ultrasound didn't pick anything up due to the fact that there was still too much swelling even now! Ah well! Just have to work on strengthening it again, I suppose!

So, yes, I'm posting again ... So, what did I get?

Well, let's just say my Badge Quest is totally legit and balanced again now! 120 in game hours after shiny Spinarak, I finally caught another shiny! I'm really sorry that I don't know the specific amount of encounters, but I find it hard to count them, as I feel it makes it drag on and brings too much attention to what I'm doing, instead of just mindlessly wandering around in the grass. I made a note of what time I started hunting for this shiny, and as the days went on and on I thought that I'd get it any moment now, surely. But it never seemed to happen. And the hours went on ... and on. I began to think I wouldn't get anything, and then I began to get paranoid, thinking I must have missed a shiny or something! Even though I'm so careful to make sure I look at each and every encounter, and have the music up, it still played on my mind that I had possibly skipped one. But I know that this was just my brain making things up, because I really would have noticed it, I'm 99% positive.

Anyway, last night I turned the game on after one of my usual resets to shake up the frames a bit, and I hunted for an hour. I then realised that I could watch a TV show I missed earlier that night on the tv stations website, so I settled down to watch that. However, I found I was having a little difficulty trying to focus on both the DS screen and my laptop screen. I almost turned the DS off, but I thought to myself, "Nah, you'll never get it if you stop." and so I just kept on going, placing the DS right in front of the laptop so that I could see the sparkles if I didn't see the shiny straight away.

At around 12:30, I glanced down to see a green tail, and the sparkles appeared soon after! My heart skipped a beat, but I just recall this immediate sense of relief washing over me. Finally I can move on with my game, and finally I don't have to think I've wasted 120 hours for nothing! Also, I felt relieved that I hadn't given up for the night, or missed a shiny during this hunt.

Not sure on the name just yet, but Zappi might stick!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5615/1000932p.jpg
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/599/1000929dv.jpg
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2451/1000934q.jpg

So, yay~! Except that little so and so! She was holding something when I talked to her, and she refused to hand it over ... I'm not very happy with her right now! Looks like she has a bit of a streak thing going ...

Now, just making it clear, I'm extremely happy, but this was actually my third choice for the route I was on. First was Girafarig, next was Noctowl, then Flaaffy/Mareep, and then Venonat. But I would have been happy with any of them. Anyway, time to move on and see more of this game ... and work out what the next hunt will be.

Good luck to you all! Happy hunting! Thanks for reading.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Lol, sorry! I just thought that maybe you should be prepared! Hey, they might not have a second Eeveelution this time around, but it seems likely that they might! Good luck with them all!

Heya again, guys and girls!

Okay, a deep breath here!

Congrats to RedJirachi, Cocoadragon x3, ChaChi x2, City of Delusion x5!!!, HGaddict, *Murkrow x2, Cyndajay, Pokemaster13, Master Leo x2, Bleu, Dangertrout, 201238 x 2, wiccan11, ohjeezitskim, CharizardMaster#1, KittyKitty3308, The Master327 (for that pesky Tauros! Finally!), Birds of Paradise, and last but not least, Bonetail!

I think that's all since my last post! Well done!

Also, thanks for the responses to my question. I realise I never answered my own question, but my intentions are definitely to try and get a shiny Chespin and a shiny Yveltal in the future. I really hope that Game Freak doesn't pull some shiny lock thing again. I think it's kind of unnecessary. While it's debateable why Zekrom and Reshiram have a shiny lock, I don't really understand why Victini had one due to how it was encountered. Hopefully Xerneas and Yveltal are different to Zekrom and Reshiram. And yes, you do wonder whether Chespin's shiny form is worth it, so let's hope it is, and not like Garchomp 2 or something!

Also, thanks for the well wishes about my ankle/foot. I have had to go to hospital twice more to get another xray and ultrasound. Thankfully it's not broken, but I have done some damage to ligaments or something, although the ultrasound didn't pick anything up due to the fact that there was still too much swelling even now! Ah well! Just have to work on strengthening it again, I suppose!

So, yes, I'm posting again ... So, what did I get?

Well, let's just say my Badge Quest is totally legit and balanced again now! 120 in game hours after shiny Spinarak, I finally caught another shiny! I'm really sorry that I don't know the specific amount of encounters, but I find it hard to count them, as I feel it makes it drag on and brings too much attention to what I'm doing, instead of just mindlessly wandering around in the grass. I made a note of what time I started hunting for this shiny, and as the days went on and on I thought that I'd get it any moment now, surely. But it never seemed to happen. And the hours went on ... and on. I began to think I wouldn't get anything, and then I began to get paranoid, thinking I must have missed a shiny or something! Even though I'm so careful to make sure I look at each and every encounter, and have the music up, it still played on my mind that I had possibly skipped one. But I know that this was just my brain making things up, because I really would have noticed it, I'm 99% positive.

Anyway, last night I turned the game on after one of my usual resets to shake up the frames a bit, and I hunted for an hour. I then realised that I could watch a TV show I missed earlier that night on the tv stations website, so I settled down to watch that. However, I found I was having a little difficulty trying to focus on both the DS screen and my laptop screen. I almost turned the DS off, but I thought to myself, "Nah, you'll never get it if you stop." and so I just kept on going, placing the DS right in front of the laptop so that I could see the sparkles if I didn't see the shiny straight away.

At around 12:30, I glanced down to see a green tail, and the sparkles appeared soon after! My heart skipped a beat, but I just recall this immediate sense of relief washing over me. Finally I can move on with my game, and finally I don't have to think I've wasted 120 hours for nothing! Also, I felt relieved that I hadn't given up for the night, or missed a shiny during this hunt.

Not sure on the name just yet, but Zappi might stick!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5615/1000932p.jpg
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/599/1000929dv.jpg
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2451/1000934q.jpg

So, yay~! Except that little so and so! She was holding something when I talked to her, and she refused to hand it over ... I'm not very happy with her right now! Looks like she has a bit of a streak thing going ...

Now, just making it clear, I'm extremely happy, but this was actually my third choice for the route I was on. First was Girafarig, next was Noctowl, then Flaaffy/Mareep, and then Venonat. But I would have been happy with any of them. Anyway, time to move on and see more of this game ... and work out what the next hunt will be.

Good luck to you all! Happy hunting! Thanks for reading.
    All right Zane, high five!
    So happy for you once again, that makes you your sixth shiny of your Badge Quest, only 2 more to go ! Even if that sounds crazy, I hope you'll make another one when this one will be finished 'cause I always enjoy to see your team grow ! I started to follow your steps at Gemini (Luna in the past) and I still can't wait to see your next one, good job ! Since my curiosity is at a very high level actually, I really wonder what will be your next hunt ! Zappi (female, very lucky!) is a very good name, keep it like that. If I was you, I would go to the Ilex Forest and try to catch a Pokémon at night (Oddish, Paras or Zubat) or on Whirl Island (Krabby, Seel, Zubat or Golbat), because your team needs a little bit of Grass or Water, don't you think (Zubat and its evolved forms are awesome shinies anyway, so, if you get one, call it Lemonade!) ? Also because all of them are awesome shiny, but that's just my proposition !
    Good luck !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th April 2013 at 2:20 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 187 of 938 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast