Page 19 of 908 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 22692

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

  1. #451

    Default

    Congrats to Dylz on your two shiny Clefairy, the Piloswine that got away, and the Ditto, and that exploding Solrock! That's all, right? I haven't missed one? :P
    Congrats to Draknir on your shiny Magnemite!
    Good on ya, Kitty for getting that pink Kyogre! Looks great! Well done. Also, thanks for taking a photo. Photos are always nice to look at.
    Congratulations to Blood Red Absol for your myriad of shiny captures in the last few days. You seem to have had an awful amount of luck! Maybe that's where my luck went to.
    Wow, Ghostfoot ... you just got a shiny Torchic without trying? That's amazing luck, too. Must feel pretty good! Torchic is one of my on and off again hunts.
    Congrats to KatePKE on that shiny Totodile! I hunted for one a while ago, but got a second Cyndaquil instead. Of course, I was half expecting something like that at the time.

    Man, I wish I could get my Wifi to work properly ... I can't trade over the GTS or wifi ... it just cuts out all the time. It would sure help me with trying to complete this dex, though. But oh well, not much I can do about it. At least it hangs on just enough to allow me to download wifi events and enter the Dream World. I wish I had a bit more of a grasp on how technology works, but I can't seem to fix this, no matter what I do.

    Anyway, good luck to everyone.


    Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Congrats to Dylz on your two shiny Clefairy, the Piloswine that got away, and the Ditto, and that exploding Solrock! That's all, right? I haven't missed one? :P
    You missed my first Piloswine wich evolved into Mamoswine :-O


    I'm aiming for the 1.5k RE today. Hopefully I will run into a Shiny Metang... I'm now currently on 645 Random Encounters.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Congrats on recent shinies guys, there's been so many the last couple of days!

    I got a stupid infraction from one of the mods yesterday for something so small and stupid. But hey I better not mess with the Internet police! Those guys are badass! [/sarcasm]

    Anyway currently hunting in Giant Chasm. Like Dylz I'm hoping for Metang but not fussed what I get to be honest.

    Happy hunting everyone.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Anyway currently hunting in Giant Chasm. Like Dylz I'm hoping for Metang but not fussed what I get to be honest.

    Happy hunting everyone.
    Are you also hunting with the shiny charm? And if you get the Shiny Metang before me I will be soooo jealous. I'm currently on a total of 10,800 RE's, 6 Shiny's but no Metang, even though I'm using the Magnet pull ability. 745 since my last shiny.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Yeah I've got the charm so the hunt should hopefully be a short one. Haha yeah I'm using magnet pull as well and I thought I would be encountering more Metangs than what I am! I was at 800 encounters last time I checked and I've done an hour so far today so I'm nearing the 1,000. I'll check my trainer card at the end of my hunting session to find the exact number. Good luck buddy!

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    You also goodluck, I hope our hunts will be achieved soon. All I did were 100 encounters, I had to go to the super market.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In England, watching yaoi n_n
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    NOOOOO! I can't believe this! I just had a fail moment! >_<

    I was just doing some more encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest when suddenly a shiny Petilil appeared in a double-encounter! So I quickly shut my DSi so that I could try and capture the sparkles on film... but then I noticed that power lights on the DSi weren't on, so I opened up the screen again, and, yep, the DSi had switched itself off.

    ... Nooooo!! That took over 13,208 encounters to appear! My shiny Petilil... ;____;

    I can only guess that I must have accidentally pressed down on the power button when I was shutting the DSi lid.

    I thought my long hunt was over. But now I'll have to keep going. I hope it doesn't take another 13,000+ encounters for the next shiny to appear. And I hope it's not a bloody shiny Rattata... >__<

    And last night as I was trying to sleep I had a massive panic attack, which had me lying there with my arms and legs shaking and spasming uncontrollably (I haven't had one for ages). So I was already in a bad mood when I woke up this morning. I'm not having a good day...
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 22nd November 2012 at 12:25 PM.

    My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

  8. #458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    You missed my first Piloswine wich evolved into Mamoswine :-O


    I'm aiming for the 1.5k RE today. Hopefully I will run into a Shiny Metang... I'm now currently on 645 Random Encounters.
    Oops, sorry!

    So, basically you've gotten everything, even multiples, of the other shinies and all you wanted in the beginning was this dratted Metang? Gee ... Good luck! This is like a small scale City of Delusion Combee hunt. Yeah, I think everyone will always mention that as long as we're shiny hunters, because that was insane. I could imagine myself going insane at the sight of another Rapidash sparkling, but he managed to hold it together and get his reward in the end.

    And now I sound like some old codger sitting on a park bench talking about the good ole days.

    Edit: Oh, man ... I didn't see your post until I posted, Helio. I know it's not much, but that majorly sucks. So, you think that was what happened? That you accidentally hit the switch, so to speak? I'm so sorry.
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 22nd November 2012 at 12:46 PM.


    Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    751

    Default

    @heliotrope - so sorry to hear about the fail that is seriously some really bad luck. More importantly hope you're feeling better after your horrible panic attack. It sounds horrible and I hope you're okay.

  10. #460

    Default

    Yeah, sorry, I probably sounded insensitive, but that panic attack did sound scary, so take it easy. I know it probably doesn't mean much, but yeah, I guess I wasn't really thinking when I edited my post about that part of your post.


    Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    607

    Default

    @Helio,

    That's why I never close the DSi, I always just sit straight up, DS in my hand, and being carefull as hell when I encounter a shiny.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Is it really worth slamming your DS shut just to get sparkles on film? Risking damaging your DS or losing your shiny? I personally would never do that to any of my DS consoles, not after spending hundreds of dollars on them. I see tonnes of people on youtube doing this and it makes me cringe and wonder how they can treat their DS consoles like that just to get the fame of sparkles in their vids or to have it "live".
    Last edited by Jessara; 22nd November 2012 at 1:41 PM.
    Newest Shiny!

    Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessara View Post
    Is it really worth slamming your DS shut just to get sparkles on film? Risking damaging your DS or losing your shiny? I personally would never do that to any of my DS consoles, not after spending hundreds of dollars on them. I see tonnes of people on youtube doing this and it makes me cringe and wonder how they can treat their DS consoles like that just to get the fame of sparkles in their vids or to have it "live".
    I was always just planning to hit the "home" button when I find a shiny if I happen to notice it in time.

    Sorry to hear about everyone's bad luck/health problems :x

    EDIT: I realize I'm using a 3DS and not a DSi, just thought I'd throw it out there though anyways.
    Last edited by Cpchris; 22nd November 2012 at 3:07 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★


    Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 6,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Is it really worth slamming your DS shut just to get sparkles on film? Risking damaging your DS or losing your shiny? I personally would never do that to any of my DS consoles, not after spending hundreds of dollars on them. I see tonnes of people on youtube doing this and it makes me cringe and wonder how they can treat their DS consoles like that just to get the fame of sparkles in their vids or to have it "live".
    Hmm. Well, I wouldn't do it if I found a shiny, but if I knew for a 100% chance it would be, theeennnn...
    If I ever managed to understand RNGing I probably would record it. Not slam it shut. Just, be prepared.

    I have reached mark of SRing Charmader, and found a none shiny flawless. I mean, under my standards. LOL. SRed over it though.

    EDIT: Yea, I also use 3DS
    Last edited by Chapter; 22nd November 2012 at 3:29 PM.


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I'm at a stand-still right now.
    I cannot decide whether to evolve my shiny Torchic or not. I have never been huge on Blaziken (my least favourite Hoenn starter) and I greatly favour Torchic in shiny colouring. It's amusing because I wasn't even SRing for a shiny Torchic in the first place. I just wanted to do a run with a good-natured Blaziken, which I have never done before, and then I randomly struck gold o_o
    Anyway... gahhh. It's nature is also gentle so it would be sort of pointless in EV training and such... It'd only be good for an in-game adventure, really. But I don't want to taint its purityyy. At the same time having a shiny Blaziken would be pretty kick-butt, since it is one of those top-notch Pokemon in competitive battling despite the lacking nature.
    I would sorta like some input on what to do ;w; Ultimately its my decision, but shinies are so freaking rare and it puts me in quite a turmoil. Opinions usually draw me towards a conclusion in the end.
    Alpha Sapphire


  16. #466
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    I'm at a stand-still right now.
    I cannot decide whether to evolve my shiny Torchic or not. I have never been huge on Blaziken (my least favourite Hoenn starter) and I greatly favour Torchic in shiny colouring. It's amusing because I wasn't even SRing for a shiny Torchic in the first place. I just wanted to do a run with a good-natured Blaziken, which I have never done before, and then I randomly struck gold o_o
    Anyway... gahhh. It's nature is also gentle so it would be sort of pointless in EV training and such... It'd only be good for an in-game adventure, really. But I don't want to taint its purityyy. At the same time having a shiny Blaziken would be pretty kick-butt, since it is one of those top-notch Pokemon in competitive battling despite the lacking nature.
    I would sorta like some input on what to do ;w; Ultimately its my decision, but shinies are so freaking rare and it puts me in quite a turmoil. Opinions usually draw me towards a conclusion in the end.
    Just do what I did when I first played Emerald but didn't want to lose my mudkip go through the whole game without evolving it. Ahh I was an idiot back then.....

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Hm. I would evolve him. First, I know that cute pokemon can also be badass, like Pikachu, Spheal, Eeveelutions, Charmander, Squrtle, Torchic and so on, but I mean, is that really what you want in your Hall of Fame? Is that who you'll lead with against a Scizor with- Oh wait, thats perfect type matchup for Torchic... Is that who you'll throw against a Flygon with Earthquake, Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, and some other awesome move? No. Now, with a Blaziken, you'll stand a chance against that Flygon, or that Lapras, or that Snorlax. Ya' see, although he doesn't look amazing in shiny (like my Gengar,) it will sparkle when you throw it out, be just as kickbutt, and yea', why not, more fun to play with. BAM.
    BTW, I definitly evolving my Charmander once he shows up.

    EDIT: Also, Blaziken is an awesome shiny. It's even in the above post! Look how cool! I evolved the torchic my friend has (because I got it for him.) Just, think of the points above.


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  18. #468
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    NOOOOO! I can't believe this! I just had a fail moment! >_<

    I was just doing some more encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest when suddenly a shiny Petilil appeared in a double-encounter! So I quickly shut my DSi so that I could try and capture the sparkles on film... but then I noticed that power lights on the DSi weren't on, so I opened up the screen again, and, yep, the DSi had switched itself off.

    ... Nooooo!! That took over 13,208 encounters to appear! My shiny Petilil... ;____;

    I can only guess that I must have accidentally pressed down on the power button when I was shutting the DSi lid.

    I thought my long hunt was over. But now I'll have to keep going. I hope it doesn't take another 13,000+ encounters for the next shiny to appear. And I hope it's not a bloody shiny Rattata... >__<

    And last night as I was trying to sleep I had a massive panic attack, which had me lying there with my arms and legs shaking and spasming uncontrollably (I haven't had one for ages). So I was already in a bad mood when I woke up this morning. I'm not having a good day...
    Bad luck mate hope you find another shiny soon (apart from rattata lol) as for my shiny hunt.... I lost count because my sister threw away the piece of paper I was writing on I spent about half an hour looking for it before I found out ;_;

    EDIT: thanks Charizard took me ages to get it but it was worth it
    Last edited by Chingchar; 22nd November 2012 at 4:29 PM.

  19. #469
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    NOOOOO! I can't believe this! I just had a fail moment! >_<

    I was just doing some more encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest when suddenly a shiny Petilil appeared in a double-encounter! So I quickly shut my DSi so that I could try and capture the sparkles on film... but then I noticed that power lights on the DSi weren't on, so I opened up the screen again, and, yep, the DSi had switched itself off.

    ... Nooooo!! That took over 13,208 encounters to appear! My shiny Petilil... ;____;

    I can only guess that I must have accidentally pressed down on the power button when I was shutting the DSi lid.

    I thought my long hunt was over. But now I'll have to keep going. I hope it doesn't take another 13,000+ encounters for the next shiny to appear. And I hope it's not a bloody shiny Rattata... >__<

    And last night as I was trying to sleep I had a massive panic attack, which had me lying there with my arms and legs shaking and spasming uncontrollably (I haven't had one for ages). So I was already in a bad mood when I woke up this morning. I'm not having a good day...
    O my god...
    I feel terrible...
    Feel better soon! Also, I know ur game is like "y did he do that? lets give him a new shiny soon. mustve been a mistake."


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Just about to go over the odds on re in the moor of icciurs
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In England, watching yaoi n_n
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Gah! ... What the?

    Shiny Rattata! O_O

    I'm both pleased and annoyed. I'm delighted that another shiny has appeared so quickly and that I can move on in the badge quest, but... Rattata... why?! I could have had shiny Petilil. :__;

    Edit: I've caught the golden rat. It's Adamant natured and female. I'll upload the video to youtube soon.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 22nd November 2012 at 4:46 PM.

    My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

  22. #472
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Wow that's really unfortunate Helio.. sorry for your lost and I hope you feel better. :[

    Now day 12 for Mandibuzz, this is looking to be my longest hunt on this BQ. This thread has really kept me motivated though, so far that, thank you Serebii shiny hunters. :] Lets hope our targets shine soon.

    Edit - O_O!? That was fast Helio! Lol too bad it was Rattata but at least you didn't have to do another 13k encounters!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 22nd November 2012 at 4:41 PM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

    Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DRAGONVILLE
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    NOOOOO! I can't believe this! I just had a fail moment! >_<

    I was just doing some more encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest when suddenly a shiny Petilil appeared in a double-encounter! So I quickly shut my DSi so that I could try and capture the sparkles on film... but then I noticed that power lights on the DSi weren't on, so I opened up the screen again, and, yep, the DSi had switched itself off.

    ... Nooooo!! That took over 13,208 encounters to appear! My shiny Petilil... ;____;

    I can only guess that I must have accidentally pressed down on the power button when I was shutting the DSi lid.

    I thought my long hunt was over. But now I'll have to keep going. I hope it doesn't take another 13,000+ encounters for the next shiny to appear. And I hope it's not a bloody shiny Rattata... >__<

    And last night as I was trying to sleep I had a massive panic attack, which had me lying there with my arms and legs shaking and spasming uncontrollably (I haven't had one for ages). So I was already in a bad mood when I woke up this morning. I'm not having a good day...
    Ohh, I feel so sorry for you. I could not even get the battle on mine because I was still panicking, and it literally took me one ordinary Poké Ball and it was caught (at full health, too).
    Still, what happened to you ruined your hunt and what would be an excellent video. So many feels.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Jersey! *fist pump*
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Happy Turkey day~* Congratiez on the recent shinies and GL to everyone on their hunts~!

    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/a9ws49.png[/IMG]


    My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 87~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Wurmple(OR Horde)~}

    3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

    My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DRAGONVILLE
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Gah! ... What the?

    Shiny Rattata! O_O

    I'm both pleased and annoyed. I'm delighted that another shiny has appeared so quickly and that I can move on in the badge quest, but... Rattata... why?! I could have had shiny Petilil. :__;

    Edit: I've caught the golden rat. It's Adamant natured and female. I'll upload the video to youtube soon.
    Well, the Adamant nature was a huge score on that one.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Page 19 of 908 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •