Page 193 of 908 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 22690

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Have you never seen the thousands of videos of people getting HG/SS shiny staters or even the picture I posted of my Totodile a few posts up o_o!? You can tell if its shiny before you pick it.
    lol ikr

Stil no shinies to report since I decided to take the day off from shiny hunting (slacker). Tomorrow I plan to hunt in LG really hard and maybe I'll get lucky :P.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Have you never seen the thousands of videos of people getting HG/SS shiny staters or even the picture I posted of my Totodile a few posts up o_o!? You can tell if its shiny before you pick it.

Gratz to Crimson_Blazer on Chikorita, pokemaster13 on Cyndaquil, and Cyndajay on Grumpig! Nice work guys.
    Yeah I don't do a lot online. Thanks for letting me know, so I'll be looking into that stuff.

My hunt for shiny Sawk is going slowly, only at 525 MMs now. I'm not entirely motivated in this hunt mostly focused on getting shiny starter in HG right now.
    Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck on all ongoing hunts.
    Last edited by Shadowkrow; 23rd April 2013 at 6:19 PM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts: (All on hold until further notice)
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE)

Most Recent Shiny:
        Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

congratulations to everyone since my last post.
    just updating that i started to hunt my favorite pokemon. YES. it will take a loooooooooong time i know, so, my shine-in-anime quest will probably slow down.

Anyway, good luck to ya'll!!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Many congrats on recent shinies guys! There's been quite a few in last few days and would take me a while to mention them all and my short term memory is bad enough as it is haha.

So far my MM hunt for the remaining starters I need is ticking over at a steady rate. I'm currently at 990 eggs hatched but nothing has shone yet. Got 30 left to hatch before I start stocking again.

Best of luck everyone.

OK firstly congratulations to all shinies since my last post. It has been a while because I have been really trying to get a shiny for this months CH. I have so far hatched between white and black 2 over 2000 eggs with no shiny. On black 2 I have been MMing Totodile only but on white I have been mixing it up between Squirtle and other starters (mainly Bulbasaur to complete my kanto trio). It seems like months have passed since I got my RE shiny Gothita at the start of the month.

Well I have another 3 boxes of Totodile and Squirtle left to go through. I am doing the method of getting three brand new eggs from daycare man and taking two from the box as this has worked before for me. I hope something shines soon... not long left till the month is up and I really wanted to get my MM shiny by then.

Edit - Oh my.... Oh my..... Oh my.... I finally have it! YES! After 2060 eggs I finally have my shiny Totodile! And it is FEMALE too! Another shiny female starter wow! I am so glad I can now move on to something else... and now I can say for this month..... Community hunt complete!
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 24th April 2013 at 2:22 AM.
    Shinies are good.

Haven't posted congrats in a while, so if I'm missing someone, I do apologize xD

Congrats to City of Delusion on Eevee/Houndour/Totodile/Chikorita, 201238 on tentacruel, Charizardmaster #1 on mareep, cocoadragon on diglet, Kittykitty3308 on Eevee, City of Delusion on Abdsol, Birds of Paradise on venepide, cocoadragon on chikorita, ChaChi on Cressila/Palkia, Master Leo on Poliwag, Dangertrout on Charmander, 201238 on spearow, Wyverndust on Shinx, YNCRN on Charmander, Cpchris on patrat/piplup/starley/Koffing, , Redjarachi on Terrakion, JAWAYami on pawniard, 201238 on Meowth, Crimson_Blazer on chikorita, pokemaster12 on cyndaquil, Cyndajay on grumpig, Zane Clarthy on Tepig, JohnNiles on Feebas, Jessera on chikorita, petrelicious on Kabuto, and Laurelai on Eevee!

As for me, I started SRing for Braviary yesterday and got to 230... :| I was hoping it would be fast for some reason xD.
    I decided I wasn't going to go for DW Riolu yet, and just MM feebas. Might start today. I've ran around in Giant Chasm, up to 1,403 encounters. And that's about it for me, I'm slowing down with shiny hunting it seems. Might want to start a badge quest soon, but I don't know if I want to restart my Black 2, that I JUST finished or my White version.

-Question- I saved in front of Braviary yesterday, didn't do anything else so my save point today was back in that spot and braviary is still there. It's tuesday and I never altered my DS' time. Does that normally happen?

Yes, its normal. As long as you don't leave the area it'll stay there. Good luck!
    Okay! Thanks! That's excellent news then xD
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 23rd April 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: ?
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

Wow guys!

Congrats to Cpchris, Redjarachi, JAWAYami, Crimson_Blazer, pokemaster12, Zane Clarthy, JohnNiles, petrelicious, and Laurelai! (Sorry if I missed any one!)

I guess I can give away my next hunt - I'm MMing for a shiny Shellder and REALLY hoping it has Skill Link as its ability. My moveset is kind of dependent on it, but II'll enjoy it either way.

I'm at 200 eggs hatched and am still collecting eggs to move up to 300. I'm hatching and checking IV's as I go as my male Shellder has a 1 in Special Attack right now, which I'm kinda bummed about, but I won't be using any Special Attacks anyways, so...

Good luck to everyone!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    -Question- I saved in front of Braviary yesterday, didn't do anything else so my save point today was back in that spot and braviary is still there. It's tuesday and I never altered my DS' time. Does that normally happen?
    Yes, its normal. As long as you don't leave the area it'll stay there. Good luck!

@Cpchris - Your luck is crazy right now O_O! Gratz!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 23rd April 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I'm MMing for a shiny tepig. 600 eggs(been hatching since last year, i like to stop for a little while then start back up after it's been a while) but nothing yet. On soulsilver 5-10 eggs from my swampert and an on accident shiny mudkip. One egg from my hydreigon and an on accident shiny deino. Almost 200 eggs for a shiny shroomish but nothing yet.

Good luck to all those shiny hunters out there!
    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS friend code: 4141-3424-3687 Pokemon X IGN: AMARION Pokemon Y IGN: ANAIS

Current Masuda Method: shiny with hasty nature about 160 eggs hatched so far

Offering an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with gentle nature
    Looking for an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with adamant nature

Looking for a shiny preferably with neutral nature and natural cure/regenerator ability

Hatched a shiny via Masuda Method with lonely nature 2 eggs 7/5/14 SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtwig was an accidental shiny hatching. I couldn't ask for a better accidental shiny. 😂

Thanks HGaddict and ohjeezitskim!

I did it again.

Shiny Machop

Ugh, I didn't even want Machop T_T I was just trying to train...I should have just gone back to Route 203 for Shinx >.< Oh well, it's a shiny. And at least it's male...I normally don't care about genders of shinies I'm not after, but obvious ones like Machop or Abra...Yeah...

Also, I made sure to beat the second gym so in case of another shiny ("Ok, but that's *really* not going to happen this time"... >_>), so this one's certainly official (whoops haven't caught it yet). Wasn't recording, either, so it's not live but that hardly matters.

But yeah, I was thinking yesterday how I'd feel about finding a shiny Machop, and how it'd be kind of annoying to get that instead of something I like (I still have Prinplup and Starly though, so I can't complain!), and I looked up Machop's shiny color so I would remember what to notice. And sure enough, I'm training and it's sliding across the screen..."That's brown, isn't it......."

Ok I caught it. This was after 470 encounters total into the game, 269 REs since Starly. 169th encounter of today. And this now marks 4 days in a row of finding a shiny >.< 5th shiny in a week now.

Ok, Platinum, I love getting shinies, but can you settle down for just a bit until I get all caught up? Then you can be my best friend again. Luck, go to the people who actually need it >.<

EDIT: Forgot to put its stats here...Lv. 6, Gentle nature, Often dozes off, 25//15//9//9//9//10, IVs: 26//15//8//6//6//20

EDIT 2: Good call yesterday, City...But I didn't listen ;_;
    Last edited by Cpchris; 23rd April 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 6,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats on Machop Cpchris, mine has a gentle nature too. And congrats of course to everyone else on your recent shinies.

I'm now at 6,200 REs on Route 35, still can't really complain about it. Also I decided to hunt at the Bug Catching Contest for my next hunt, unless I find some reason that it's a horrible idea. I'm not totally decided yet though.

I see a lot of people MM on here, but I never really liked MM much myself. It was the first method that I actually succeeded in, but since then I haven't completed a hunt with it. I'm not sure why, I just don't like collecting and hatching eggs for some reason. But anyways, good luck everyone on your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congratulations and good luck to everyone, too lazy to name every one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post

I did it again.

Shiny Machop

Ugh, I didn't even want Machop T_T I was just trying to train...I should have just gone back to Route 203 for Shinx >.< Oh well, it's a shiny. And at least it's male...I normally don't care about genders of shinies I'm not after, but obvious ones like Machop or Abra...Yeah...

Also, I made sure to beat the second gym so in case of another shiny ("Ok, but that's *really* not going to happen this time"... >_>), so this one's certainly official (whoops haven't caught it yet). Wasn't recording, either, so it's not live but that hardly matters.

But yeah, I was thinking yesterday how I'd feel about finding a shiny Machop, and how it'd be kind of annoying to get that instead of something I like (I still have Prinplup and Starly though, so I can't complain!), and I looked up Machop's shiny color so I would remember what to notice. And sure enough, I'm training and it's sliding across the screen..."That's brown, isn't it......."

Ok I caught it. This was after 470 encounters total into the game, 269 REs since Starly. 169th encounter of today. And this now marks 4 days in a row of finding a shiny >.< 5th shiny in a week now.

Ok, Platinum, I love getting shinies, but can you settle down for just a bit until I get all caught up? Then you can be my best friend again. Luck, go to the people who actually need it >.<

EDIT: Forgot to put its stats here...Lv. 6, Gentle nature, Often dozes off, 25//15//9//9//9//10, IVs: 26//15//8//6//6//20

Okay now, you definitely are lucky. It's impossible. How can you possibly have that ?
    Wow, I still can't believe what is happening to you. Well, Machop is pretty ugly but Machoke and Machamp are looking very great in their shiny forms.
    Now that you have a third one so easily, I think you should be scared about training your Pokémon, uh ? And agin, I don't have any words to describe that. If this luck is continuing... What will you have tomorrow ?
    You're on the road, Cpchris. I think you'll make a record for the shortest Badge Quest ever, ahah. Keep going, I'm cheering you on !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Hi guys.
    While taking a break from SRing, i just felt like chaining.

Decided to go after geodude cause it's easy aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i got it in my first try!
    So, best of lucky to all of you guys!!

And make sure to check the video on youtube, please
    (If you feel like, of course, it will help me out!)
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!

FRIEND CODE:

I did it again.

Shiny Machop

Dear Cpchris, please stop getting shinies so easily. Signed Everyone. PS: Congrats on all your recent shines...

Approaching 1,100 Latios now...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

2,400 SRs

Hello! Congratulations everyone on their shiny pokemon! I have begun MMing for a shiny Snivy. If I get it then it will be my first shiny. I haven't caught a shiny yet but I have encountered one. It was a shiny wurmple but because I was stupid and didn't know what shiny pokemon were I thought it was sick and defeated it to "put it out of its misery". T_T

While I had to attend classes and stuff at my college I was lurking in the shiny hunters forums for a few months. I didnt have time to hunt or to post so that was kinda crappy. and I feel enjoyed that I see so many new hunters on the thread but also sad that a lot of hunters that posted a few months ago don't post anymore.

Congratz on all the shiny's and appy hunting.(I will be hunting a LOT myself)

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

I'm now at 7,182 REs on Route 35 in my SS BQ. I'm still hoping this doesn't surpass the odds for the third time in this BQ, but it isn't looking too great.

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

i hit 4k REs at Route 10 then realized i hadnt finished this months CH yet so i put Route 10 hunt on hold until i MM someone for CH or this month ends...i decided to switch my MM target from Staryu to a secret hunt for ???????....one of those 10k steps one though...*SIGH*

grats on new shinies/good luck on current hunts!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Congrats to 201238 on Geodude!

Thanks YNCRN, City Of Delusion, and Charizardmaster#1!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Okay now, you definitely are lucky. It's impossible. How can you possibly have that ?
    Wow, I still can't believe what is happening to you. Well, Machop is pretty ugly but Machoke and Machamp are looking very great in their shiny forms.
    Now that you have a third one so easily, I think you should be scared about training your Pokémon, uh ? And agin, I don't have any words to describe that. If this luck is continuing... What will you have tomorrow ?
    You're on the road, Cpchris. I think you'll make a record for the shortest Badge Quest ever, ahah. Keep going, I'm cheering you on !
    Your guess is as good as mine on how it's possible x_X

Tbh, I find Machop to be the nicest out of it's evolutions I'm debating just leaving him at that. As for having a record short BQ, I was thinking the same thing...If it keeps up like this, I'll be done in less than a week >.< Hopefully tomorrow can be a Shinx though, if something's gonna shine :s (And preferrably after I beat the fourth gym :x)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Dear Cpchris, please stop getting shinies so easily. Signed Everyone. PS: Congrats on all your recent shines...

Approaching 1,100 Latios now...
    Hahaha :s Well, thanks You definitely deserve some quick hunts more than me >.< (not like you need me to inform you of that)

Well, the video is up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0w9wxzdj8A

And as you can see in my sig, I now have a nice shiny Empoleon Level 42 atm...On my way to face the third gym. I've done 250 encounters since Machop, so maybe my luck streak is finally over a bit early to tell though - I'll find out tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 6,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congratulations on everyone's shiny finds, especially Cpchirs, that's some insane luck! As for me, I'm up to 7,202 RE's for Eevee and it looks like this be my second BQ hunt in a row that'll go over the odds. Also, I've started another BQ on Firered with Charmander as my first target. I've done 190 SR's so far, and I'll be hunting it on Sunday too as I will hunt Eevee more on Saturday if it doesn't shine today. Anyway, good luck to everyone as always, and my next update will be when something shines.
    EDIT: A while back I saw a Shiny Charizard on PBR in Gateway Colosseum(my opponent had it). I didn't have a camera then so I couldn't take pictures. I flipped out, and purposely picked pokemon that were weak to fire so I could have it. The CPU didn't choose it though =(.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 24th April 2013 at 9:17 AM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

I got some semi-sad shiny news..
    I FOUND A SHINY....after i collected 4 boxes+5 extra..i saw it was 12am so i figured id RE Route 10 a little bit more before i went to sleep and after 300 or so REs 4115 total(not including other times i put it on hold)...a level 38 shiny Herdier(M) appeared *sadly*(...didnt own one yet but it was one shiny there i couldnt really use...)..its Naive nature(-spdef +speed), Intimidate ability, Alert to sounds(hope so its a dog...:P), and caught in 1 Premier Ball(no dmg just sleep)

Stats are:
    HP 104
    Attack 75
    Defence 56
    SpAttack 36
    SpDefence 54
    Speed 68
    as IVs go some are ok and Speed is 31

now i can get back to MMing i suppose...

Good Luck on all hunts!!
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 24th April 2013 at 10:04 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Welp, I had just defeated Ghetsis in W2 and was waiting for an Imposter Ditto to appear in the Hidden Grotto and BOOM blue Ditto. That was...unexpected. It had a Quickpowder, was Lv 45 and has a Relaxed nature
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 7800 SR

'grats on the shiny Herdier!

I've finally levelled my golden altaria to level 100, now starting MM hunting for roggenrola. The annoying thing is that shiny roggenrola is kind of similar to the normal one, only its back is purple instead of blue and its eye is orange instead of yellow. For someone excitable like me it's as if every roggenrola I hatch is shiny lol...

Anyway I hope I get it before the month ends. I now have shiny 1st, 3rd and 5th gen pokemon, so I want to get started on getting some shiny 2nd and 4th gen 'mons once I have a shiny gigalith.

EDIT: 'grats on the ditto RedJirachi!
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Congrats to 201238 on Geodude!

Thanks YNCRN, City Of Delusion, and Charizardmaster#1!

Your guess is as good as mine on how it's possible x_X

Tbh, I find Machop to be the nicest out of it's evolutions I'm debating just leaving him at that. As for having a record short BQ, I was thinking the same thing...If it keeps up like this, I'll be done in less than a week >.< Hopefully tomorrow can be a Shinx though, if something's gonna shine :s (And preferrably after I beat the fourth gym :x)

Hahaha :s Well, thanks You definitely deserve some quick hunts more than me >.< (not like you need me to inform you of that)

Well, the video is up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0w9wxzdj8A

And as you can see in my sig, I now have a nice shiny Empoleon Level 42 atm...On my way to face the third gym. I've done 250 encounters since Machop, so maybe my luck streak is finally over a bit early to tell though - I'll find out tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!
    I saw the video and.. I'm kind of surprise. You're not training Starly and Prinplup equally (oh god Empoleon before the third gym) ? Oh well, I won't complain about your methods of training in your Badge Quest. Once again, great job on Machop ! I think Machoke is very cool in its blue (my favorite color) color. I think you should evolve it into a Machamp. I, once, had one and it was a monster. You will appreciate.
    If you really want Shinx (wich I agree, what a handsome shiny), then I think you should wait until you can catch a Pikachu (or a Pichu!) at the Trophy Garden with Static ability. Plus, this Pikachu could have Thunder Wave to make an easy catch on it. Shinx is the most common at Route 203, with 25% of appearance. With Static, you could find some more easily, and with the luck you have, in not a very long lap of time. Or you could try on Valley Windwork if you don't wanna get an Abra or Starly. But Pachirisu could enter the game, too (I like Pachirisu, personally). Hope you like the idea, and good luck (if the one you already have hasn't disapeared!).
    EDIT : 1000th post !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 24th April 2013 at 11:00 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Congrats to JAWAYami!

And cpchris, you are on fire, man!
    If you take a minute a think, 460 encounters for two shinies is ridiculous (good ridiculous)!!!
    If took you around 200 RE to find one of each, you got 40 times faster then the odds suggests! (assuming that would take 8000 encounters to get one. i know sometimes is less, sometimes is more).
    And, you did it again! xD, so, 40x40=1600.
    Freaking (more or less) 1600 times faster then the numbers suggests!

PS: i am from brazil, so, if i made some stupid english mistakes, please, don't judge me xD

FRIEND CODE:

Page 193 of 908 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast