Page 197 of 913 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 22825

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Gratz to Ampharos_Spark on Tepig and SoulSilver Eric on Spinda!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    If you could recolour one shiny sprite, which one would it be, and what colours would you use?
    Persian! Just like Garchomp, it looks way to similar to its normal color. I would like it to be more golden or pink-ish.

Well, I'm nearly at the 1500 eggs mark with Zangoose >.<! MM has not been friendly to me lately but I'm not giving up anytime soon :]. I've also done about 700 REs for my secret hunt and it seems there are some others doing secret hunts as well so that's cool.

So I've decided to give out some hints about my secret hunt and I'll reveal it if anyone guesses correctly.

Hint: This pokemon (with the proper parents) can dance like a dragon and can only be found via fishing.

Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I bet it's Barboach! I remember you said you were hunting something weird and Wiscash is pretty uncommon on that thread.
    Correct! Lol, I should of been more vague with the hints xD There is a chance I may get another Stunfisk but Barboach has a 70% encounter rate so hopefully it shines!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 27th April 2013 at 8:14 PM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Gratz to Ampharos_Spark on Tepig and SoulSilver Eric on Spinda!

As for me I'm Still hunting for porygon I've recently passed 1000 SRs woo! not expecting that to soon but who knows and as for my secret hunt its now at
    Day3 this is my first time using the repel trick and its really fun i have a 100% chance of getting my target if i use repels so we'll see what happens and good luck city on the zangoose i hope it shines before may and good luck helio on the thundurus

as for a shiny sprite I'd change its seel i like seels art but its shiny form is just undetectable! I'd make it brown since seels are brown...

@City is it Barboach...
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 27th April 2013 at 7:37 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Hint: This pokemon (with the proper parents) can dance like a dragon and can only be found via fishing.
    I bet it's Barboach! I remember you said you were hunting something weird and Wiscash is pretty uncommon on that thread.
    Today I'll be too busy to continue my own secret SR hunt. Anyway, I hope it shines soon, I don't want it to be the second Registeel (uh, City of Delusion ?).
    Good luck to everyone !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 27th April 2013 at 7:33 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Also, what's the deal with all these secret hunts? I don't find them nearly as exciting as when people announce their targets.
    I was thinking of keeping mine a secret, but I think I'll let all of you know anyway. I was thinking of REing both Frillish in Virbank city, I thought that it would be the easyist way of getting them. My hunt for shiny starters is now going slow, I'm at 1140 SRs now. I'm starting to get eager for the next CH, I'm ready to do this. Congrats to the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: Torchic and Treecko(SR)

Most Recent Shiny:
        Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

grats on tepig and spinda

im at around 6250 REs into Phase 4(i believe...), the other 3s REs didnt break 6k so hopefully this means ill get something good this time XP..

i had 2 secret MM hunts and quite a few not so secret ones(venonat/staryu/yanma/shellder/kangaskhan/TheListGoesOn...) but my secret ones were Relicanth and Chansey

as for which shiny id recolor if i could = a big list too...mostly 1s that dont change colors much from normal ones...(eg blastoise,blissey,kangaskhan,scyther,garchomp,bear tic,cryogonal,etc)...but i think id probably change Crobats color...zubat and golbat = blue to green... crobat purple to pink(not sure what to change it to but pink=eww)...or maybe drapions red to skorupis blue(not just because im a black/blue shinies person XD)

Good Luck on all hunts

...oh my scyther SR is coming along SLOWLY but surely...dunno why scyther because i dont have a 2nd DS to trade it to get scizor...
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 27th April 2013 at 10:16 PM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

O___O

Uh, er, um, well.... it's er...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...g?t=1367098803

.... IT SHONE! YEAH!!!! YEAH!!! n___n

Can't speak properly - overwhelmed with delight.

... now should I masterball it or actually try and catch it in something else...?
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 27th April 2013 at 11:51 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    O___O

... now should I masterball it or actually try and catch it in something else...?
    Wow big congratulation to you, Heliotrope, I'm (I mean, we are all) proud of you !
    Well, since this Pokémon can easily flee (wich is very annoying, to be honest), a Master Ball could be the ideal thing to do. Well, that's what I would do.
    You finally got it, I'm so happy for you (it reminds me when TheMaster327 got his Tauros), I suppose you felt very strange and excited as well seeing it, right ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

O___O

At last, Helio! Congrats!!! Tip if you don't want to use a Master Ball, get it really weak and asleep, then next time you see it, Quick Ball... Both Balls fit shiny Thundurus' colour scheme...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Wow big congratulation to you, Heliotrope, I'm (I mean, we are all) proud of you !
    Well, since this Pokémon can easily flee (wich is very annoying, to be honest), a Master Ball could be the ideal thing to do. Well, that's what I would do.
    You finally got it, I'm so happy for you (it reminds me when TheMaster327 got his Tauros), I suppose you felt very strange and excited as well seeing it, right ?
    Thank you. I was very happy when it finally appeared. I don't tend to react much when my shinies appear; I just gasp in delight a lot. This hunt is also kind of different to other hunts, because you're just spending the whole time clicking a, staring at a tiny bit of the screen, checking to see if the '0' next to shiny forms has become a '1' instead. XD It took a few seconds to sink in that "hey, there's a 1 there instead of a 0... SHINY!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    At last, Helio! Congrats!!! Tip if you don't want to use a Master Ball, get it really weak and asleep, then next time you see it, Quick Ball... Both Balls fit shiny Thundurus' colour scheme...
    Thanks! It actually turned out that I'd forgotten to bring a Pokemon with mean look with me... so you can probably guess what kind of ball I ended up using. Luckily the purple master ball goes awfully well with shiny Thundurus' colour scheme. ^.^

Also, here's the video of shiny Thundurus. Lol, I finally got to use the video title I'd been waiting to use!

Shiny Thundurus at long last!

And also, I reacted to its nature almost as strongly as I reacted when the shiny actually appeared. I think it's pretty funny. ^^;

Edit: Congrats on the super quick shiny Barboach, COD.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 28th April 2013 at 1:11 AM.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c957447.jpg

Shiny Barboach after only 824 FEs (fishing encounters)!! This was on my white version so no shiny charm, but woow! I just started this hunt yesterday! That makes 10 shinies this month, maybe I can make it 11 (cmon Zangoose!) but I have no idea what to hunt for alongside with Zangoose so I'm looking for any suggestions on where to hunt for either White or Soul Silver.

Super congratz on finally getting that Thundurus, Heliotrope! You deserved it :] Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 28th April 2013 at 8:04 PM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Community Hunt Complete!!!!!!

After 265 eggs I hatched a shiny female Nidoran. 140 of those were female Nidoran. The other 125 were male Nidoran. So if you count them together 265 eggs and if counted separately 140 eggs total but I'll just count both male and female together and go with 265. It has Lax nature(I have no clue if this is good or not) But no matter what still a sweet shiny in my opinion. Photo 158.jpg
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

O___O

HUGE congrats for that, you've been going through a lot of SRs

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilver Eric View Post
    I caught my first wild Shiny pokemon after all these years of playing pokemon. Its a shiny spinda in Pokemon Emerald.
    Congrats for the first shiny, I remember how great the feel was when I found my first shiny

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post

If you could recolour one shiny sprite, which one would it be, and what colours would you use?

Just one?

There's like, a ton of them that I want to recolor

Togepi line (should be light blue instead of yellow-ish white)
    Oshawott (should be green similar to Chansey, instead of light blue)
    Gabite and Garchomp (I would've changed the red into yellow, similar to Gible. Probably also changing the blue into red for Garchomp)
    Happiny and Blissey (make them green just like Chansey)
    Igglybuff line (change the pink into light blue)
    Beartic (make it purple just like Cubchoo)
    Drapion (change the color to Skorupi's red color, which is not just more "menacing", but also looks better compared to Drapion's purple-ish red)
    Gengar (make it blue similar to Gastly's gas, instead of its current gray-ish purple color)
    Dusknoir (make it red just like its pre-evos)
    Mantyke line (change it to a different color that's not blue, probably pink or yellow-ish gold)
    Froslass and Swanna (change the white into light blue, and the blue into white)
    Ferroseed (make its spike red, similar to Ferrothorn)
    Galvantula (change the blue into orange)
    Dwebble (change the orange into green)
    Gothita line (change the black into light purple)
    Castform Sun (the white should be orange)
    Castform Rain (the gray should be blue, and the white on its eyes should be yellow)
    Castform Snow (the white on its eyes should be yellow)
    Whishcash (change the light blue into light green)
    Loudred and Exploud (change the yellow into light green)
    Shuckle (change the yellow to light blue)
    Eeveelutions apart from Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon (still not sure what colors they should be, but I know I want to change their current color. Especially Glaceon and Leafeon)
    Darumaka line (change Darumaka to light blue, and swap the shiny color for Darmanitan's modes)
    Piplup (change the light blue to light green)

That's all that I can remember for now

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

O___O

Words cannot express the level of "grats" I wish to give to you! A celebration is in order!

Grats to everyone else who recently got a shiny as well. Helio's just been at this for so long, that I feel she deserves a special shout-out.
    Last edited by Rayze Darr; 28th April 2013 at 4:15 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

So many cool shinies! Congrats to Helio and City as well as other shinies.

Hit 5,000 RE's yesterday in Seafoam Islands. I initially went into this hunt wanting Seel/Dewgong, but the more I encounter Slowpoke/bro the more I want that derpy face on my team.

Quick question btw. Do you guys save the game after REing or do you just cut off the game?
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Congrats to Scrufox86 on Nidoran, Chachi on SNover/Sneasel/Regice, City of Delusion on Stunfisk/Barboach, Ampharos Spark on Tepig, Soulsilver Eric on Spinda, Helio on Thundurus, and Shiny Lord on Nidoran.

I'm currently doing encounters in the Giant chasm, hopefully something will shine under the shiny chance. I'm at around 1,800. I went into the dream world today to try and get a DWF Feebas for my Feebas hunt and after going over the rainbow 4 times, I finally got a Feebas, played the game it wanted to play - and it was female! Hoping it has some good IVs so I can use it currently using a good IV parent with ditto.
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 30th April 2013 at 9:08 PM.
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

6th gen shiny count: 39

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Congrats to Zane Clarthy on Magnemite, 2sra on Cobalion, dan2point5 on Treecko, YNCRN on Shellder, Scrufox86 on Nidoran, ChaChi, City Of Delusion on Stunfisk, Ampharos_Spark on Tepig, SoulSilver Eric on Spinda, Heliotrope on Thundurus (got a little excited when I saw that!), City Of Delusion on Barboach, and Shiny Lord on Nidoran!

Thanks Zane Clarthy, ohjeezitskim, Crimson Penguin, and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

Happy belated birthday, Gustavo!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Quick question btw. Do you guys save the game after REing or do you just cut off the game?
    I save...I know it's not how it works, but I feel like not saving is like saying I did none of those encounters, and that I'm not as close to finding a shiny :x

As for a shiny whose color I'd like to change...Aside from all the ones that hardly change color...Maybe the Typhlosion line?

Between family visiting and work, I haven't gotten much done in the last 2 days...Hopefully I'll get stuff done tomorrow after work!

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I usually don't post unless I've gotten a new shiny, but I'm bored and struck out repeatedly today. Migrated a luck-chained Nincada from Platinum last night... EV trained but did not get a shiny. Hatched another 80 or so Rotoms - no shiny. SR'd a bit for Regirock- no shiny. SR'd 50 times for Anorith fossils - no shiny. I'm feeling listless, but the clock is about to roll over, so I'll probably start hatching Rotoms again.

Congratulations to Heliotrope on that mega long SR cycle.

4,101 encounters for my badgequest and name quest, also, i just close my DSs until i hunt again, leaving them on until a shiny appears, I'm not concerned with lots of hours played. That's how I've always hunted and its been doing good for me so far

Major major congrats to Helio on Thundurus! Also congrats City of Delusion on Barboach and Shiny Lord on Nidoran!

I've now hit 10,439 REs on Route 35 for my SS BQ. I'm honestly a little ticked that I still haven't gotten a hunt under the odds for this BQ. I really hope this one shines earlier than the last one did.

Good luck everyone on your hunts, especially Ceecee who has all sorts of ridiculous hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Just started hunting Lapras as of today, wish me luck!

I also finally hatched a shiny Caterpie after 390 eggs, she's female and has adamant nature, is that any good for a Butterfree?? 0_o

Hey guys just a question - are all wondercard pokemon shiny locked? Because the deliveryman is still standing there with my Meloetta and I don't want to claim her just yet until I'm positive she can't be SR'd shiny...
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

O___O

Words do not express the sheer levels of "HELL YEAH" that were circling my head once I saw this post. Seriously, HUUUUUUUUUUGE congrats for finally obtaining this stubborn genie! You guys have no idea how difficult it is to actually hunt things like the Sinnoh Starters, Unova Starters and Thundurus/Tornadus until you actually attempt it, but to go almost 4X the odds on such a lethargically slow hunt? Truly commendable in every way, seriously, cherish this beauty for years to come Helio! You sure as hell deserve it and nobody will disagree.

So yeah, I'm pretty new to the Serebii shiny hunting scheme, though some of the longer-time members may remember me from the old clubs or from Youtube as crashandcortex. I haven't popped down here in a while myself, but yeah, due to 6th form work, social pressures, trying to keep under 10 stone and revision, I've had my hands full since March pretty much and therefore haven't obtained any shinies since Snivy in March. Currently hunting Chimchar, who's at around 10,600 SRs, expecting it to reach 20K in all honesty, after I got spoilt rotten by ridiculously quick hunts earlier this year (Sandshrew took ~200 REs, Snivy fricking 50 SRs) and by the plethora of random shinies last year, I'm quite overdue for a long hunt even after the near 14K Oshawott hunt. Huge congrats to any shinies that anybody gets and best of luck to everybody trying hard to get a taste of sparkly bliss, they're beautiful beyond conception lemme tell you!

1/8192 shinies thus far: Around 130+

Most recent shiny: Uxie (August 29th, 2014)

Thanks for all the congrats guys. I'm really happy that he finally shone - it was starting to drive me slightly mad with all the SR I was doing each day. XD Plus he had an awesome nature to make him well worth the wait (he's got bad IV's though. But I'll forgive him. The nature's more important).

Now that I've caught him, I can actually use White to go to the Pokemon Dream World again. The last time I tuck-in a Pokemon was on the 10th December 2012, so I probably started hunting for shiny Thundurus the next day: so my hunt took a grand total of 138 days and 29,528 soft resets. Making him my second longest hunt ever, and longest SR hunt. And to be honest... I still preferred hunting for him than for shiny Cresselia/Mesprit - because you actually had to go and hunt them down to see if they were shiny, rather than just checking the Pokedex. I'm SO glad they both took under 10,000SR. I dread to think of hunting for them for nearly 30,000SR... @_@

In May I shall start hunting for shiny Tornadus. A nice quick hunt would be appreciated. ^.^

Hey there Crash! For some reason I thought you were already a member of Serebii. Good luck with your shiny Chimchar. Mine took ages too (11,543 SR)

Good luck everybody; especially to Ceecee on that annoyingly long shiny Abra hunt.

I've got to return to my Heart Gold BQ that I put on hold in favour of Thundurus. I'm now at 4000 encounters in the route just outside the safari zone. I've also started a Ruby BQ - I'm after a shiny Mudkip, and I've done 2053 SR so far.

EDIT: GAH! I don't believe it. Uncatchable shiny Poochyena in Ruby after 2311 soft resets. How wonderful... >_<
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 28th April 2013 at 1:12 PM.

Congratz to everyone with a new shiny,especially to helio.I hope tornadus is a quick hunt.^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

My word, I *leave* for 24 hours and good things happen? XD

ONTO the aforementioned things:

HUGE HUGE HUUUUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Heliotrope on Thundurus! I tried SRing for Snivy and I quit before 1,000 SRs, so 29x that amount...well, great stuff.

Also, hello crash. Good to see you here!

As for me, I hit 9,000 REs and beat Red on SoulSilver with a level 55 team! I may SR for Groudon or RE a water type soon.

Settled for Lugia! Also, congrats to all who got shinies below me and to Kitty too.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 28th April 2013 at 6:45 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Page 197 of 913 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast