Page 199 of 947 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 23658

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congratulations City of Delusion! Wonderful Congratulations pokemaster13, Master Leo, and everyone else who has gotten shinies. I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I've been reading! I'm finally back to Pokemon, which of course means shiny hunting. Right now I'm just messing around with a random multi-MM. It includes Munna and Cleffa. Due to the rumors of a fairy type in X + Y, I'm kinda going to focus on those likely to be fairy. Even if it isn't true, they are still shinies, right? Might go for an eevee in order to get a shiny sylveon.

Good luck everyone

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Gratz to Dangertrout on the random Staryu, MR DS BOY on Turtwig, totoro123 on Shellos, Master Leo on random Piloswine, and pokemaster13 on Litwick. Also, sorry to hear about the USP, Helio, hope you get Mudkip soon!

What is this luck!?? After only 173 eggs, my 2nd shiny Zangoose hatches! and...

WITH ITS DREAM WORLD ABILITY!

The moment it hatched all I could do is just gasp, but before I got any more excited I checked its ability and when I saw Toxic boost I was all like "HELL YEAHH!@!" So, Community hunt complete x5! So that makes 12 shinies this month which is just unbelievable. I'm gonna take a break from MMing and finally do some RE hunting with the shiny charm which I haven't done yet. I still have 4 boxes of eggs to hatch through which is pretty annoying but if I happen to hatch another shiny Zangoose I'll give it away to someone. So for now, I'll just Ev train some shinies and probably play around with the PWT before I start hunting again.

Good luck everyone!!
    Congratulation ! At least you didn't listen to me, wich is a pretty good thing, eheh... Sorry. '
    12 shinies this month, and maybe not over if you hatch another on in those boxes ? What is your record in number of shinies in a month you had (if it isn't this one) ? Was the first Zangoose you've got was a female too (just by pure curiosity) ?
    On my side, well, I'm not surprise to have nothing yet, I think I've might reach only the 300 soft resets on my secret hunt. Even if I have something else to do (like, mh, Spanish studies, Call of Duty : Black Ops 2, Halo 4), I would like it to shine soon. I would be free from that hunt and I would not have to worry if I will get it one day. Oh well..
    Good luck everyone, another month is almost over, but there's more to come.

Talking about next month, I'm kinda disapointed. Yes, the community hunt has been placed but didn't we got a very similar community hunt in March (hunting for a Grass and/or Bug type) ? It's not because May, a spring month, is approaching that we couldn't get something interesting, like obtain a Dragon, Ghost, Fire, Normal types. Something... different. That wouldn't be more interesting ? I'm not a kind of person who loves to get a shiny to match with the community hunt but for those who do, it's pretty repetitive since I saw a lot of them getting (if they did the community hunt) a Grass type in March... I'm just saying, maybe I'm completely wrong and I don't mind to be answered back.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 30th April 2013 at 2:11 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Congrats City of Delusion on DW Zangoose, pokemaster13 on Litwick, Master Leo on Piloswine, and sorry to Helio on 2 uncatchable Poochyenas.

I'm now at 12,735 REs on Route 35, but I'm still going surprisingly strong.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

Oh in addition, I'm extremely paranoid that Cute Charm is negatively messing with the odds.
    Last edited by Terra Force; 30th April 2013 at 2:43 AM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I've gotten a Shiny Lugia! After god knows how many resets. But i'm hoping for a Shiny Bagon or a Shiny Feebas from MM the eggs XD

congrats to everyone that got shinies since my last post in april 27th, but, a big one to Heliotrope, who finally got the thundurus.
    SR hunts can be very boring, and it takes nuts to don't give up!

i am on one now, around 4000 SR's , btw, hunting on only one DS, so it will take more time than my RE's ones =(

anyways, good luck to everyone
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Talking about next month, I'm kinda disapointed. Yes, the community hunt has been placed but didn't we got a very similar community hunt in March (hunting for a Grass and/or Bug type) ? It's not because May, a spring month, is approaching that we couldn't get something interesting, like obtain a Dragon, Ghost, Fire, Normal types. Something... different. That wouldn't be more interesting ? I'm not a kind of person who loves to get a shiny to match with the community hunt but for those who do, it's pretty repetitive since I saw a lot of them getting (if they did the community hunt) a Grass type in March... I'm just saying, maybe I'm completely wrong and I don't mind to be answered back.
    Hey, I tried. The forests contain normals, darks and waters, in addition to the bugs and grass. but everyone voted for the water/grass theme (it seriously got triple the votes), so what can you do?
    Summer is coming, so a fire type theme will be among the choices next time at least. and I think we're overdue for a chaining hunt, so I'll try to remember to put that on the June list as well.

I think I'm going to MM Phione for a bit, since it could qualify for either month. When we roll into May I'll focus more on my Virizion SR hunt.

@Charizardmaster, I haven't heard of CC messing with the shiny odds negatively so I wouldn't worry about it. You're probably just hitting an unlucky streak
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

TOLD YOU CoD!! XD. i knew DW Zangoose would shine quickly(if it were being MMd on my game atm itd probably take a few months NON-STOP MMing to maybe find a shiny itself let alone a DW Ability one :P

11215 REs atm...which is suprising considering my last 3 REd hunts at the Dreamyard were all under 6k REs...just unlucky i suppose..anyways the other point of this post(other then the update) is i figured id post my 7 Rumble Shinies(not including the 2 or 3 you get from passwords)

Hardy-Magnezone-2151
    Punchy-Glameow-1133
    Gutsy-Blastoise-702
    Speedy-Arcanine-684
    Mighty-Rapidash-656
    FireGuard-Charmeleon-405(useless Trait...)
    NormalGuard-Meowth-172

ofc everyone below Magnezone is useless in EX levels..but sometimes downgrade to Normal levels to use them(especially Blastoise, Gutsy ROCKS!)

Good Luck on all hunts!
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 30th April 2013 at 3:37 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Hey, I tried. The forests contain normals, darks and waters, in addition to the bugs and grass. but everyone voted for the water/grass theme (it seriously got triple the votes), so what can you do?
    Summer is coming, so a fire type theme will be among the choices next time at least. and I think we're overdue for a chaining hunt, so I'll try to remember to put that on the June list as well.
    Maybe we can just not have any type specific community hunt options for one of the upcoming months and just put up options that fall under more creative themes? Just throwing ideas out there...

Meanwhile, Giratina is finally coming along more smoothly, now nearing 3500 SR's, hopefully coming to an end sometime in the near future. I could be having a lot worse, though, since my last shiny was only April 5th. I did hope for more from the month of my birthday, but hey, maybe I'll have more luck and motivation next month. For now, good luck on those hunts everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

So as i was ev training my shiny mantyke this beauty appeared im really digging her shiny form.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps93191d15.jpg

Also less than 1hour of chaining and 1hour of reseting the radar i managed to get 6 shinies
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psa2c13ab7.jpg

Congrats on Helio finally your shiny appeared, shiny sunkern,shiny piloswine,shiny zangoose, shiny staryu,shiny litwick,shiny lugia, and any others i may have missed. Keep it up peeps
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Still trying for a Shiny Lapras, Can you soft reset in Union Cave to get one???
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by ThousandDragon View Post
    Not sure, but if you want to make the effort, in firered, theres a guy who gives you a lapras. I think you could SR for that one

OR if no one wants the type specific choice, don't vote for it. Although, some people happen to like type-specific hunts, even if they're redundant.
    Equally, if you don't like what was chosen, do your own thing until a CH that you like rolls around.
    There will never be a choice that EVERYONE wants. That's just the way it is.
    And btw, I DO collect suggestions that people leave on my wall and try to put them on the list as much as possible. (sometimes I forget, because you know... surgery... maybe cancer... but I try to put them all as much as possible)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by ThousandDragon View Post
    Yep! I SR'd a shiny Lapras on my SS badge quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Congratulation ! At least you didn't listen to me, wich is a pretty good thing, eheh... Sorry. '
    12 shinies this month, and maybe not over if you hatch another on in those boxes ? What is your record in number of shinies in a month you had (if it isn't this one) ? Was the first Zangoose you've got was a female too (just by pure curiosity)
    My first one was male and my record for most shinies in 1 month was back in January 2012, I got 16!

I'm nearly done Ev training Cresselia and Stunfisk but I still have shiny Zangoose, Wynaut, Mesprit, and Misdreavus to EV up.

Gratz on that Alomomola, ChaChi. It looks amazing, I kinda want one now xD.

Thanks for the gratz you all and good luck, guys.
    Last edited by Supremacy; 30th April 2013 at 5:05 AM.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Is 207 Hatched Bagon eggs a lot for trying to hatch a shiny? Or am I barely touching the surface of the amount I might get

Edit: I'm also MMing the eggs.

Congrats to ThousandDragon on Caterpie, YNCRN on Drilbur, City Of Delusion on Zangoose, Dangertrout on Staryu, MR DS BOY on Turtwig, totoro123, Master Leo on Piloswine, pokemaster13 on Litwick, City Of Delusion on another Zangoose, Omishka on Lugia, and ChaChi on Alomomola!

Sorry about that uncatchable shiny, Helio >.> Figures, you get a quick shiny after that long hunt but it can't be caught...Argh, and now 2?!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    I have barely had any time to work on it because back on April 17th... I found out I was PREGNANT! That was a shocker, but explained why I was so miserable all the time with exhaustion and nausea. so I guess it is payback for me making eevee and ditto breed so much, that they cursed me to try to teach me how it felt. now I am sitting here thinking about how funny I will look in October, being like 7-8 months prego and going into Gamestop to buy both Pokemon X and Y. :3
    HOLY MILTANK! Well, congrats and good luck!

Haven't had much time to play these last few days with work and family visiting...But tonight I kept working on Staraptor (now Lv. 40, Empoleon is Lv. 50), and did a few other things...Did all the battles on the routes to the next gym (and one route past that city), and went through the Solaceon Ruins and caught all letters of Unown. I want Shinx asap, so for that reason, I was hoping not to find a shiny Unown, but I really wouldn't mind one...

I'm off work until Friday (I should bite my tongue, or I'll get called in), and the family that was visiting left earlier today, so I should get some hunting done Once I'm finished training Staraptor, I might go back to dual hunting on Black 2 for Growlithe.

Good luck hunting, everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats to all the new shiny pokemon

My pair of pigs is just being stubborn and I already hatch over 600 eggs. I am going to pause for now and try to get another shiny for badge quest and clean my pc of all the tepig I have.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

I know its been awhile since I posted anything worth while. I recently got a copy of Black 2 (just to kill the time til October). So I'm playing it not trying to do any shiny hunting because frankly I love shinies but i think I have officially lost my mind doing it. I just got my 3rd Badge thought oh cool I love catching pokemon in the Desert Resort. On my 14th Encounter, a pink Darumaka shows up on my 3DS. I caught him with so much glee I fought what it was like to actually get an RE Pokemon without trying. He's level 15 and was transferred to my white 2 game with the other 4 boxes of shinies. Congrads to everyone else that has hatched, caught and/or traded keep up the good work and good luck all my friends.
    My Shiny list has grown more than the sig can handle. No biggie I'm a shiny hunter and proud of my many many shinies. I'm always looking for more to complete my shiny living pokedex. I know it sounds crazy but I'm up to 16 boxes. I do have many extra shinies that I'm willing trade for ones I'm missing. My top ten shinies I'm looking right now are: 1) Arbok 2) Hypno 3) Natu 4) Regice 5)Plusle 6) Groundon 7) Torkoal 8)Snover 9) Cobalion 10) Spritzee. I need many more but I figure listing a few wouldn't hurt.

community hunt complete

Ladies and gentleman I present to you my newest addition to my shinies.
    At exactly 9am +GMT today I hatched after 465 eggs on Soul Silver, a legit Shiny Dratini with extremespeed!
    Below I are the pictures for both the shiny and proof of no AR

http://i.imgur.com/7zxLebT.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/2i2p5Bw.jpg
    Last edited by Poképro1992; 30th April 2013 at 11:03 AM.

General grats to everyone on their recent shinies! Good job finishing the Community Hunt on the last day especially, Pokepro.

No news on my end, just been doing some thinking. I decided that, since this is my first time through Black 2 (or White 2), that I just want to catch the Virizion, instead of trying to SR it, especially since SRing it now will hinder my progress through the main story, and doing it later may be too far in the month to make it feasible. My second plan was SRing in a Hidden Grotto, but I looked it up, and apparently the Pokemon there are fully generated when they're spawned, so that's not possible either.

My new plan for the May Community Hunt, then, is simply to RE in Virbank City for a shiny Frillish. The only real downside to this plan is that I can't ride my bike, but on the plus side I can get a certain RE goal per day, while still being able to take a break and actually progress through the game, which I couldn't do if I, say, SRed the Jellicent in Undella Bay. I'd love a male one, though, since I love the green coloration on a Jellicent.

This will be my first time ever actually hunting for a shiny. Any tips or tricks to make the REs come faster? Any flaws in my plan? Any better methods of hunting a teal Frillish?

And in addition, what's everyone else planning on hunting for the next Community Hunt?
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Thanks City of Delusion, Omishka for the help and Cpchris for the Thanks

So far I've reset 75 times and counting for Lappy.

I also acquired a Shiny Gible! For defeating Benga in the Black Tower, I'm probably going to keep him Non evolved since he has the most distinctive colour change out of his evolution line.
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

Hey guys, I've found another shiny in Ruby...

... and this time it's the Mudkip. n__n

Shiny Mudkip starts my Badge Quest

It took 4316 soft resets altogether, so it was a nice quick hunt compared to shiny Thundurus. I also found those two uncatchable shiny Poochyena while hunting Mudkip. So that's four 1/8192 shinies in four days. Maybe this will end up being a 'lucky' Ruby file? ... Cue the 2nd BQ shiny taking about 20,000 encounters. XD

Good luck on your own hunts, guys.

Edit: I just got my Pokedex in Ruby, and since I have a Collosseum bonus disc, I've just transfered over a lovely (sadly non-shiny) Jirachi to Ruby. I keep hoping that one day I'll get a shiny Jirachi from my bonus disc. I've seen someone on youtube that's managed to get one.

Oddly enough my Gamecube glitched up this time, and instead of showing the animation of Jirachi flying around the screen surrounded by sparkles, it just stayed on the "the Gamecube is communicating with the GBA, please don't turn off the power" screen.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 30th April 2013 at 1:20 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Good to be back. It sucks, because I lost my white 2 cartridge, and now I either have to buy a new one, or I have to find this one to continue with my SR's. Not that it matters, because the game has been dealing me cruel hands when it comes to shinies. Anyways have any of you ever had a friend or relative make a dumb trade with a shiny. My cousin had an unintentional shiny Pelipper, and he traded it for an EGG. The egg was a Magikarp.

The only trade I've had involving a shiny actually worked in my favour. All I did was trade a magikarp egg and bagged myself a shiny pelipper... was so happy! I kid of course but I never like receiving shinies that I haven't worked for myself but I've traded a few away that I've had doubles of.

Congrats helio on Mudkip and to the other recent shinies.

On my last box of eggs before I need to start stocking again.

Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Hey guys, I've found another shiny in Ruby...

... and this time it's the Mudkip. n__n

Shiny Mudkip starts my Badge Quest

It took 4316 soft resets altogether, so it was a nice quick hunt compared to shiny Thundurus. I also found those two uncatchable shiny Poochyena while hunting Mudkip. So that's four 1/8192 shinies in four days. Maybe this will end up being a 'lucky' Ruby file? ... Cue the 2nd BQ shiny taking about 20,000 encounters. XD

Good luck on your own hunts, guys.

Edit: I just got my Pokedex in Ruby, and since I have a Collosseum bonus disc, I've just transfered over a lovely (sadly non-shiny) Jirachi to Ruby. I keep hoping that one day I'll get a shiny Jirachi from my bonus disc. I've seen someone on youtube that's managed to get one.

Oddly enough my Gamecube glitched up this time, and instead of showing the animation of Jirachi flying around the screen surrounded by sparkles, it just stayed on the "the Gamecube is communicating with the GBA, please don't turn off the power" screen.
    i saw that video too, but i think you need a r4 and some codes..
    not sure, i don't remember everything about the video..

anyway, gz on your mudkip!

also, congrats to Poképro1992 on that extremespeed dratini,
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Seriously Helio and City of Delusion? More?

You guys have awesome luck lately!

Congratulations as well to Poképro1992, ChaChi, Omishka and pokemaster13 on your recent shinies!

No new shiny to report, although I am MM'ing for another one currently, but I've uploaded a video of my shiny Drilbur hatching!

Video here.

Good luck to everyone!!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Page 199 of 947 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast