Page 2 of 894 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I've been lurking around the old thread for a few weeks so I guess this is about as good of a time as any to start posting here.
    Started a MM + Shiny Charm hunt for Cottonee about 2 days ago, which is my first target in B2. 300 eggs, woo!
    Lost.

Still soft resetting for Shiny Latios in Black 2. I'm at about 2k so far. Hoping I'm not one of those people who get to the 10k+ mark xD But I'm not giving up even if I do get there so one of these days I'll have my shiny Latios
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

This thread seems a lot more organized. It was time for a new one, too. Anyway, good luck to all.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Wow, I was wondering why the old thread was closed, I was like O_O;;;

So far, I'm taking breaks on my shinies, but my MM hunt for Ledyba in my SS got about 1050 eggs, no shiny yet :c

And as for Rayquaza, its 1580 SRs.... and I'm gettin' sick of the theme song XD I always get confused easy coz when ye encounter it, its dark...esp its shiny form is black,,,agh XD nya~

Nice thread! Best get a tally for each month in 2013, then add them up. It'd be nice.

800 SRs now, hoping for 1,000 by tomorrow's end.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Nice to see a new thread up. I haven't really had much time or motivation to hunt recently, but good luck to everyone and congrats to everyone on your recent shinies!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I have what could be a really stupid question about MM:
    I know you need 2 pokemon from different countries, I get that, however, would MM occur if one parent was American and the other was British? Or does it have to be different language titles?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Nice thread! Best get a tally for each month in 2013, then add them up. It'd be nice.

800 SRs now, hoping for 1,000 by tomorrow's end.
    A tally of 2013, eh? I shall consider this. Just a simple how many successful hunts per month sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygowing View Post
    I have what could be a really stupid question about MM:
    I know you need 2 pokemon from different countries, I get that, however, would MM occur if one parent was American and the other was British? Or does it have to be different language titles?
    From what I was told recently, US and UK should work. US+Canadian apparently get the same country marker. Same goes for UK+Astralia. (in that UK/Australia count as same country)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Sweet, new thread. Going to try to get my name up on the first post sometime, maybe not this month. I'll be alternating weeks on what I hunt, REing on 112 and SRing for Squirtle. Unfortunately, I only have one system that can play Gen 3 games. :c

Once December comes, I will be MMing for a shiny Electrike, since that was the one I wanted but got stuck with a Zigzagoon instead.

Nice! a new thread congrats to everyone who got on the completed community hunts list
    well done lets hope for alot more to come best of luck to you all
    and this thread is awesome dangertrout good job!
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Well I've lost count, but I've SR at least three hundred, probably more, to try and find a shiny lugia in SoulSilver : ( Nothing yet

My shiny experiences boil down to the first one in XD: Gale of Darkness with a shiny surskit and a shiny male nidoran in SoulSilver. That's it unfortunately. I'm still trying to MM Zorua, Eevee, and Absol
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Dangertrout, I think your shiny odds are a little bit wrong. Since some of them don't match the ones on serebii self: Klik!

I'm showing the odds precisely:

Base rate in Gen 3 and up: 1/8192
    Breeding with MM in Gen 4: 1/1639 Should be: 2048
    Breeding with MM in Gen 5: 1/1366 Should be: 1365.3
    Encounters with Shining Charm: 1/2730 Should be:2370.6
    Breeding with MM + Shining Charm: 1/1024

Not trying to be a *** here, but just saying.

And about my shiny hunting, I reach 4k RE's, and just got myself 50 Taillow eggs.

Got 1 badge at my soulsilver game, getting 4 badges total and then gonna start SRing a shiny Lapras.

GL everyone!

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

So today I found my Diamond version and played it to see what Pokemon I still had on it (since I'm trying to collect every Pokemon on my White 2) and to my gigantic shock, I found my first caught shiny on there! I thought I accidentally deleted every shiny I had when I restarted my White version (lost my Pupitar, Golduck, Machamp, and Magnezone), but luckily my shiny Meditite was stashed away in the game I hadn't played in 3 years. Just thought I'd share that. Good luck on all of your shiny hunts, everybody!

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Great, a new thread! I've been reading you all this time to keep me motivated to shiny hunting and is great to participate too

Well, I don't know if you remember me, I'm the one who got the shiny Kink in the Chargestone Cave hunt in 99 encounters. Well I was very lucky but I haven't been that lucky in these 3 months (except a shiny Floatztel that I chained a few days later) until now...

Some days ago (when I got the Shining Charm) I planned to get any shiny from Reversal Mountain for my friend's birthday, but tonight I finally got his present: a shiny Skarmory, the one he most liked.

SKARMORY
    2352 REs (with Shining Charm) in Reversal Mountain (W2)
    Lv38 Male
    Hab: Sturdy
    Nat: Bashful
    IVs: 0-23-15-2-13-3

I don't have any pictures yet as I don't have a camera, but I'll try to add some pictures soon. Now I think that I'll SR for the legendaries of W2 (participating in the community hunt), especially Latias and Cresselia :P.

Congrats to the latest captures and good luck to everybody, especially Cocoa, I hope that you can start your BQ soon.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/v481g1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/14j9dn8.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Dangertrout, I think your shiny odds are a little bit wrong. Since some of them don't match the ones on serebii self: Klik!

I'm showing the odds precisely:

Base rate in Gen 3 and up: 1/8192
    Breeding with MM in Gen 4: 1/1639 Should be: 2048
    Breeding with MM in Gen 5: 1/1366 Should be: 1365.3
    Encounters with Shining Charm: 1/2730 Should be:2370.6
    Breeding with MM + Shining Charm: 1/1024

Not trying to be a *** here, but just saying.

And about my shiny hunting, I reach 4k RE's, and just got myself 50 Taillow eggs.

Got 1 badge at my soulsilver game, getting 4 badges total and then gonna start SRing a shiny Lapras.

GL everyone!
    I got my stats from bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._for_Shininess

I'll leave it the way it is until I can figure out which one is right
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

That's awesome Bonetail, I wish my Diamond weren't lost, I got every box full except one with MM'd Charmander eggs. I'd wish I could hatch them... =\

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I got my stats from bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._for_Shininess

I'll leave it the way it is until I can figure out which one is right
    That's odd, really odd. I hope the ones on bulbapedia are right then, better shiny odds lol.
    Last edited by Dylz; 13th November 2012 at 10:29 PM.

This Horsea does not want to shine, it's definitely taking longer than my Eevee hunt :/

I've decided I'm going to create an all purple shiny Pokemon team, so if anyone knows any final evolutions that are purple please let me know. I've got a small list so far but I'd like each one to be a different type, looking at older gen as well as current gen Pokemon as I've got Black, although I'll probably make it to use in Black 2 when I get it next week ^_^

FC: 3050-7566-2483 - Kaytee
    Friend Safari- Ground- Trapinch, Dugtrio and Diggersby.

Latest shiny: Frogadier

Magcargo is purple when shiny so go for an awesome shiny Slugma!

Nearing 5,300 SR's now. Hoping it appears before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Magcargo is purple when shiny so go for an awesome shiny Slugma!

Nearing 5,300 SR's now. Hoping it appears before the weekend.
    I wish Magcargo had the same colour as Slugma while being shiny. That would be awesome, purple and pink colours are just to common for a shiny Pokémon.

I might get one anyway though, I want a Shiny Magcargo to be my egg hatcher. (Sorta.)

After only 2266 encounters I found my 5th shiny on my badge quest a shiny Joltik! Emolga was in front of my party when it graced my screen while I was watching Air Gear. It was a huge surprise (and slightly disappointing since I wasn't Tynamo to shine) since I wasn't really expecting anything so quickly! =)

Encounter

Summary

I know the encounter picture is bad I just couldn't get a good angle...=P It also has a Quiet nature which is great plus it has really good IVs (26 HP, 31 SA, 29 SD) Now I'm off to hunt at Reversal Mountain!

Good luck to everyone else on there hunts as well! =)
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Zenn of Ascension View Post
    After only 2266 encounters I found my 5th shiny on my badge quest a shiny Joltik! Emolga was in front of my party when it graced my screen while I was watching Air Gear. It was a huge surprise (and slightly disappointing since I wasn't Tynamo to shine) since I wasn't really expecting anything so quickly!
    That's amazing! I'm still doing encounters, and I'm at 4000. Even with the shiny charm. I wish I had your luck sir.

Congrats on your fifth badge quest shiny! Hopeful I will get my own chargestone cave shiny soon and catch up to you!

After only 2266 encounters I found my 5th shiny on my badge quest a shiny Joltik! Emolga was in front of my party when it graced my screen while I was watching Air Gear. It was a huge surprise (and slightly disappointing since I wasn't Tynamo to shine) since I wasn't really expecting anything so quickly! =)

Encounter

Summary

I know the encounter picture is bad I just couldn't get a good angle...=P It also has a Quiet nature which is great plus it has really good IVs (26 HP, 31 SA, 29 SD) Now I'm off to hunt at Reversal Mountain!

Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Congrats on your fifth badge quest shiny! Hopeful I will get my own chargestone cave shiny soon and catch up to you!
    Thanks! ^^ I don't think I ever congratulated you on getting that shiny Yamask, I really wish that I got that for my fourth badge. =P
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Thanks! ^^ I don't think I ever congratulated you on getting that shiny Yamask, I really wish that I got that for my fourth badge. =P
    Nice congrats on that awesome shiny to bad it wasnt the tynamo you wanted but still congrats on taking the lead
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Encounter

Summary

Ahh! You're in the lead now, gratz! Cmon Mandibuzz shinee!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 10/27/14
    Total Shinies: 257

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Page 2 of 894 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast