Page 20 of 947 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

look at all this chaos that went on while I slept. congrats on the recent shinies! too bad on the petilil, but at least the next shiny was quick and good natured. I actually really like Raticate, ever since I started doing Nuzlockes anyways
    and Helio, panic attacks suck I listen to a guided meditation podcast to get through them, and it works fairly well. or you could just focus on taking deep breaths until it passes, which is essentially the same thing

I finished hatching my charmanders last night. in a total 600 eggs I had the one charmander. in my previous bulbasaur hunt I also did around 600 eggs and got 2 bulbasaurs. So far my charm seems to be working for MM. not so much when I try to RE or SR though >.< taking a break from hunting to shuffle and clear some old gen 4 games while I decide if I want to keep hunting female charmander or switch to a different hunt
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

After 1,393 Random Encounters I came across another Shiny Piloswine. Sigh. I want my Metang!!! Ohwell, I'm currently on 7 Shiny Encounters at Giant Chasm Plains, with a total of 11,448 random encounters.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    After 1,393 Random Encounters I came across another Shiny Piloswine. Sigh. I want my Metang!!! Ohwell, I'm currently on 7 Shiny Encounters at Giant Chasm Plains, with a total of 11,448 random encounters.
    Wow thats some insane luck congrats to you and helio on those awesome shinies sorry to hear about the panic attack and lost petals and danger as well charmander is a great shiny last hope female comes soon

Video: Shiny Rattata

I've just noticed that's my 180th shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    look at all this chaos that went on while I slept. congrats on the recent shinies! too bad on the petilil, but at least the next shiny was quick and good natured. I actually really like Raticate, ever since I started doing Nuzlockes anyways
    and Helio, panic attacks suck I listen to a guided meditation podcast to get through them, and it works fairly well. or you could just focus on taking deep breaths until it passes, which is essentially the same thing
    Well, I wouldn't have minded the shiny Rattata that much if I hadn't already found two in my previous badge quests. ^^;

Yeah, panic attacks do suck. I know they won't actually hurt you, but they feel so bad when you're having them that it's hard to remember that. I used to get them a lot just before and after my mum died, but I haven't had any 'proper' panic attacks for at least a year now (sometimes I'll get a slight pain in my chest or something that will cause me to start panicking, but I usually calm myself down after a few minutes). I just don't remember ever having an attack where my arms and legs have been spasming uncontrollably - it makes me worry that I was having a seizure or something (though I have a book on panic attacks that my mother gave me, and it does list "trembling muscle or shaking" as one of the symptoms - and I'd put a tick by that - so maybe I have had spasming muscle during a panic attack, and just don't remember it... Oh, well, I'm going to the doctors on wednesday, so I'll ask her about it.)

I've also just remembered that Tottenham are playing today, so seeing us {hopefully} beat Lazio will put me in a good mood. ^_^ My brother's actually gone on holiday to Italy this week, just so he can go to the match.... lucky.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 22nd November 2012 at 5:53 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

The chaos whilst I slept!

I am so, so sorry about Helio and her (I've noticed some people use him instead) missed shiny. At least you have a reclaim to do. Also, you'll get better after that attack.

Wow, we've all hit a rough patch. Let's hope Fantastic Friday brings shinies galore.

Anyways, I have some reclaims to do:

Krabby - Lost it in restarting after I got it to Platinum, after finding it randomly in Whirl Islands.

Machoke - Lost in Platinum outside Battle Frontier, due to not saving after catching it.

Zubat - 50/50 actually, may have caught it in a dream, but I'll "reclaim it".

What shinies do you all need to reclaim?
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Congratiez on the shiny piloswine! I hope you get your shiny metang soon~* Btw are you using a shiny charm? I'm just curious if I should get one or not...

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 94~}
    {~Most recent shiny : random shiny Wurmple(OR 1 RE!)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Quit Minncino After Finding Out You Can't SR Grotto Pokemon... So I'm Starting Pokeradar Junk, Need To Finish... Pokedex, ZZZ...

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    Congratiez on the shiny piloswine! I hope you get your shiny metang soon~* Btw are you using a shiny charm? I'm just curious if I should get one or not...
    Yeah I'm using it, I got 7 Shiny encounters in a week time

Here is the list I have:

16 November:
    Piloswine -> Caught at 4,330 Random Encounters. (Evolved ot Mamoswine)

18 November:
    Solrock -> Failed at 2,658 Random Encounters. (Explosion is a b*tch.)

20 November:
    Clefairy -> Caught at 1,158 Random Encounters.
    Clefairy -> Caught at 269 Random Encounters. (Evolved to Clefable)

21 November:
    Piloswine -> Failed at 1,457 Random Encounters. (Ran away before noticing.)
    Ditto -> Caught at 189 Random Encounters.

22 November:
    Piloswine -> Caught at 1,393 Random Encounters.

Still no sign of Shiny Metang or Delibird, I'd be happy with both!

Hey all, what a misfortune helio but at least ratatta is letting you continue your badge quest. Congrats to dylz for those shinies, just a shame you haven't got your metang yet. As for me i have never been as unlucky to loose a shiny. The madness continues at 840 eggs please shine soon, gl all!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

im at 3,600 REs in pinwheel forest and becoming increasingly jealous of dylz's shiny charm aha when i reach about 5,000 REs i think i'll go back to my pokedex for a bit
    congrats on all the shinies peeps, and you're not alone helio! i SR'ed over a shiny ho-oh once >.< but it shined again after less than 1,000 more SRs so its all good B)
    good luck to everybody on your hunts!
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

I've started hunting for my 4th White 2 badge quest shiny now. I'm hunting in the desert resort and hoping for anything other than a shiny Sandshrew (who I already have three of... why do these 'repeat' shinies keep gravitating towards me? >.> ). I'm only at 107 encounters so far.

Honestly, I literally went "What? Oh no..." when the first thing I encountered in the desert resort was a Sandshrew. Why have they added them here? I can just see it being a repeat of todays fiasco and finding yet another shiny one of them.

Good luck everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by mad_toast_boy View Post
    and you're not alone helio! i SR'ed over a shiny ho-oh once >.< but it shined again after less than 1,000 more SRs so its all good B)
    Sorry about the Ho-oh. But how could you Sr over it? They're kind of hard to miss. :P

My last moment of failure was back in 2009 when I was SR'ing for a shiny Suicune in my Japanese Heart Gold. It shone after 6024 SR. I started the battle against it, getting it down to 1hp with my Sceptile's false swipe, and then in a moment of complete stupidity I decided to switch into my Darkrai and use hypnosis on it. ... Guess what happened next. "Suicune fell asleep! Darkrai's bad dreams hurt Suicune! Wild Suicune fainted!"

... ;__; It then shone again on the 16,137th soft reset. But I still can't believe I made such a dumb arse mistake.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 22nd November 2012 at 10:35 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

I have hit 2,900 SRs for Lugia, whilst I am at 75 REs in Victory Road and Pinwheel Forest combined, and I am also at 60 REs in Fuego Ironworks in Platinum.

Despite my plans for a hunt in Virbank Complex, I want Magnemite. I don't mind getting two of them, same for Magmar/Magby.

I hope none of these go over 14,000-15,000 REs/SRs.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Sorry about the Ho-oh. But how could you Sr over it? They're kind of hard to miss. :P
    it was the first time i had SRed anything and i was literally resetting as fast as possible. it came up and it was like a reflex, i had already gone to press the buttons haha it was ridiculous, at least i learned my lesson to take my time though
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Hello all and all is well,
    I have about maybe 5,000 REs (I don't keep track, I only track when I get a shiny) for Reversal Mountain.
    The only shiny I got from my White 2 is a shiny Elekid back in October (which I didn't expect to shine so soon)
    and as you see in my sig I have been lucky this year.

My congrats to anyone who had recently gotten their shinies, good or bad.
    Sorry for the loss of Ho-Oh, my regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    I'm at a stand-still right now.
    I cannot decide whether to evolve my shiny Torchic or not. I have never been huge on Blaziken (my least favourite Hoenn starter) and I greatly favour Torchic in shiny colouring. It's amusing because I wasn't even SRing for a shiny Torchic in the first place. I just wanted to do a run with a good-natured Blaziken, which I have never done before, and then I randomly struck gold o_o
    I say evolve it all the way, and EV train it, too. You said you wanted to go through the game with a Blaziken, and even if it's not a good nature, it's still able to evolve into a Blaziken. Also, from my experience, even if you dislike a certain Pokemon, or never really thought about training one in the first place, a shiny can make you think differently about it. Like you said, a shiny is special, and if you don't evolve Torchic, it's not really living up to its full potential, is it? I'd only not evolve it if you happened to have multiples of the same shiny, but that's just me. EV training it would make it the best it could possibly be, despite the "pointless" nature. I personally don't really care about natures, either, because I think it makes the Pokemon that much more unique.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Congrats and comiserations to Helio on her shiny Rattata success/Petilil failure. Good job you got something quick to continue your badge quest! Also, hope you feel better soon from that panic attack. Do you know how it came about? Was it after shiny Petilil?

Now at 800 encounters in Relic Passage... nothing yet. But I may yet still get the same shiny as you, as Rattata are in Relic Passage as well as Castelia Gardens...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,300 Run Aways

9,500 RE now at Chargestone cave! Why does my game insist on torturing me? Hurry up and shine!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I finally ended my dry streak with a shiny Stantler that randomly appeared after I restarted my Heart Gold version
    White 2 team:

White team:

Well I have officially went over the odds in my Latios hunt. Damn it I hope it shines before 10k. Good luck to anyone else still struggling.
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Gosh, so many terrible stories bout ur shinies! hope everyone has a grat thanksgiving and mayb luck will turn up from here on out! but be thankful!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Well, I was expecting to get a lot more REs in than I actually did...I figured since I had no school or work and wasn't going to work on my paper, then I'd be able to spend a lot of time REing. But no, I ended up helping my mom get stuff ready, and then I hung out with my sister/her bf for most of the night...So I ended up with 150 REs bringing me to a total of 800 REs.

I'm hoping by Christmas..........

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Looks like the moral of the story is not to slam the Ds shut, if you REALLY want to catch the sparkles why not trying to have a set up where the camera is continuosly rolling... Up to 135/649 pokemon on my dex. Wish I could just transfer all of them directly from my boxes in White. Does anyone know if the shining charm works on stationary pokemon? Like Kyurem for example?

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

It's 4/8192 on Random and Stationary Pokémon. (1/2370.6)

Time to get a few 100 random encounters, my GF is coming over so I wont be doing much RE's.

2nd Shiny Zubat on Platinum! Yessss!
    Bold nature/male. Got him last night double hunting.
    (Now Crobat) Picture: [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2sb085l.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by darkdrapion; 30th November 2012 at 2:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrapion View Post
    2nd Shiny Zubat on Platinum! Yessss!
    Bold nature/male. Got him last night when I was falling asleep dual hunting.
    Pics coming ASAP.
    Congrats! Just caught a shiny Golbat on Black in the giant chasm this is my 4th one in total...

Page 20 of 947 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast