Page 202 of 941 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 23506

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Thanks for those congrats, everyone! Yeah, I still don't see another BQ planned for the future, though it was definitely fun. And wow, City, your luck is just insane! You're almost inspiring me to start up another hunt already in Black 2 with that luck of yours!

Now I have a question. As my next hunt is Mewtwo, I've been wondering if I should bother with a Modest or Timid Synchronizer or not. I'm already in front of Mewtwo, ready to begin, but I'm impartial to the idea of going back out to try for a Synchronizer. In the end, the shiny itself trumps the nature, but a great nature is always a plus. What do you all think? I've got time to think about it, since I still want to EV train all my BQ shinies, which will require EV reducing berries for most of them.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram

Well, as of today I've spent a month hunting for marill or azurill with no luck. Because it's so hard to get outside of gen 3, I'm going to MM it, and keep my fingers crossed that it won't take too many eggs. I'll resume my hunt for shiny buneary once I get marill, then my next hunts are:

1. A fifth gen pokemon TBD
    2. A starter pokemon TBD
    3. A hard-to-see shiny to challenge myself (those shinies like lillipup, jigglypuff, etc., that are hard to tell if they're shiny without a second look)
    Last edited by wobbanut; 3rd May 2013 at 4:03 AM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Grats/DARN YOU CoD Bouffalant was my main target on Route 10 when i got that darn Herdier XP

i have some mixed news 1: After 16,528 REs i found a shiny. 2: its my first duplicate REd shiny...
    I found a level 50 Kricketune(M)[last one was (F) so a lil good news], Brave nature[(F) was Impish], Sturdy body[(F) was Somewhat a clown], Swarm ability

Stats are:

HP 140
    Attack 101
    Defence 66
    SpAttack 66
    SpDefence 61
    Speed 65

as soon as i saw that Kricketunes color my heart sank

May everyone else have better luck than I :P
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Congrats Gustavo on finishing your BQ! Giratina is such a beast of a shiny.

Also congrats on woobat, frillish and CofD's Sawk and Bouffalant (your luck is ridiculous lately!) and JAWAYami's Kricketune.

I'm off to stock more eggs... Fun.

Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Gratz to pokemaster13 on Woobat, and Shadowkrow on female Frillish, good luck on male Frillish! I've been wanting one of those for awhile but I ended up with 2 female ones =T Btw, are you using cute charm? It'll increase your chances of encountering males if you have a female cute charmer in the lead spot.

After only 341 REs shiny Bouffalant pops out! 2 shinies in 1 day!

I was expecting this to be a long hunt because the encounters were so slow but nope! My adamant sync worked and it got the ability I wanted, Sap Sipper! So far imo, REing+shiny charm = overpowered! Lol, I may return to route 18 if I don't think of anywhere else to hunt but we'll see.

Good luck everyone!

I have all but Arcanine shiny, Its my #1 favorite pokemon and I actually prefer its normal color but I'll probably end up hunting for it eventually just so I can have my favorite pokemon in its shiny form lol =p. For now, I'll be going back to route 18, I really want a shiny Tropius, that thing looks like its glowing o_o!

Well, me being a nature freak, I think you should definitely get the Timid sync and since you EV train your pokes, a good nature will make it even better. Thanks for the gratz btw. :]
    (Slaps own forehead)
    I forgot about a cute charmer! Had not thought of needing one, but since I'm after a male having a cute charmer would help. Knowing my luck though, I'll probably get a female again just because I went to the trouble of having a cute charmer.

Here is an update on the shiny female Frillish. I named her Kraken, and she has a gentle nature. I caught her in a premier ball. I went to the IV judge and he said that "It's potential is above average overall." and "It's best potential is it's defense, it can't be better in that regard." Congrats to the recent shines and good luck to all ongoing hunts.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: BQ #4 ???(RE) OR:

Most Recent Shiny:
    OR: 4771 SRs Nickname: Void

I didn't have much to do yesterday, so I spent the evening SRing Virizion while watching some movies. Really, really bad movies. It was awesome how bad they were. Anyways, no luck yet on Virizion. I'm hoping my shiny charm will kick in soon, as I am really not a fan of SRing >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

My target for this months CH is carvanha, and instead of MMing like i usually do for the CH, I'm going to try and fish it up in my qhite version. my other games are my SS badgequest and I'm hunting for druddigon/zweilous in white 2. 4,800 encouters so far

Heey guys I'm back *waves*. And I haven't finished Emerald either. I've got 8 badges and was in the middle of EV training my Bagon when I couldn't resist stopping and going back to Shiny Hunting(my break lasted 3 days ) So yeah, I'm back! I've got my 3DS here with White 2 in. I got back to School on Monday, and I'll be hunting Eevee for the rest of teh day, and this weekend as well as Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as I really want it! My drought's over a month now, but I shall persist! Oh and is anyone else on a FR/LG W2/B2 BQ and would like to race with me? . After breakfast from Macca's and seeing Iron Man 3 tommorow(it's gonna be awesome). I'll have plenty of time to hunt. Congrats on all the finds while I was away, and as always, best of luck to everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by RaichuArcanine View Post
    Heey guys I'm back *waves*. And I haven't finished Emerald either. I've got 8 badges and was in the middle of EV training my Bagon when I couldn't resist stopping and going back to Shiny Hunting(my break lasted 3 days ) So yeah, I'm back! I've got my 3DS here with White 2 in. I got back to School on Monday, and I'll be hunting Eevee for the rest of teh day, and this weekend as well as Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as I really want it! My drought's over a month now, but I shall persist! Oh and is anyone else on a FR/LG W2/B2 BQ and would like to race with me? . After breakfast from Macca's and seeing Iron Man 3 tommorow(it's gonna be awesome). I'll have plenty of time to hunt. Congrats on all the finds while I was away, and as always, best of luck to everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    I could do a FR/LG BQ Race with you. Though me having 5 shinies already seems a bit of an unfair head start imo.

But since I am also racing Helio in a R/S BQ Race, I wont be playing my Leafgreen as much since Helio and I are both searching for shiny #2. That could give you time to catch up.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

YEAH!

So, I was hunting and level grinding in HG to evolve my Totodile before Falkner. I beat the Sprout Tower and it evolved, of course. I then decided to unlock the primo gifts and get a Slugma egg.

I got it and ran around in order to hatch it, but whilst doing so, I look to my HeartGold game...and out pops a shiny Bellsprout on the 10,463rd RE! I haven't caught it yet, but I plan to record it later...it looks AMAZING!

So, guess what that means? Community Hunt Complete!

Onto Route 35 soon!

Edit-: Caught it and uploaded video, I'll post it tomorrow with a couple of pictures too...
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 3rd May 2013 at 9:11 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Grats Aqua.^
    Also grats to gustavo on that awesome bq finsher that is, Giratina. Also to city, jawayami and all of the other recipicants.
    My mystery hunt is going slowly but surely . Im at 700 eggs now but i have a long weekend so heres hoping i get something out of this weekend. I honestly think im not gonna evolve this pokemon when i get it. But anyway Gl all!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Been a while since I posted, so I'll just give a general congrats to everyone on their newest shinies, especially Helio on Thundurus and gustavo on completing your BadgeQuest!

As for myself, I'm at 700 SRs for Snivy. I'm kind of hoping I don't hit 1000 SRs, but at the rate I'm going, it doesn't look too likely. Just gotta keep trying.

Maybe I should start another hunt so I can switch back and forth between them if I get tired of one (and so I'll have more progress to report in my posts :P). Actually, come to think of it, I still haven't gotten the event Latias from SoulSilver, and its shiny form is really nice... might have to try that. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Best of luck to everyone on their hunts!

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Hi everyone, and congratiez on the recent shinies~*
    I'm putting my eevee hunt to the side in order to do the CH!
    Problem is...I have no clue what to hunt for in the community hunt xD
    I'm looking for a water type/grass type shiny that is underloved, has a nice shiny, and not many people hunt for
    If anyone can help me decide please respond x3
    Thank you and good luck to everyone on their hunts~* Let's see some sparkles fly~*

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    I'm looking for a water type/grass type shiny that is underloved, has a nice shiny, and not many people hunt for
    Thank you and good luck to everyone on their hunts~* Let's see some sparkles fly~*
    Kind of a subjective question, but I'd go with Clamperl, Finneon, or Cacnea

edit - Curses! I had a brilliant plan today... collect 4 eggs, hatch at join avenue, if none were shiny fly to Virizion and check it. If that wasn't shiny either, SR. But I forgot I switched systems yesterday, so join avenue is sold out of everything!!!!
    Thus my plan will have to wait >.< what was the wait time on changing your clock? 24 hours? or was it two midnights had to pass?
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 3rd May 2013 at 11:49 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

My first hunt without the Shiny Charm has finally given me something! After around 16,400 total random encounters (5,483 of which were on the route I was actually in), a shiny Golduck appeared on my Black!

http://imageshack.us/a/img267/2481/img0146lg.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img46/7536/img0150ta.jpg

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when I saw the shiny Golduck on my screen, as it was the last shiny I wanted from Route 11 (besides Amoonguss, whom I already have). But he's definitely grown on me!

Congrats on the Bellsprout, Kricketune, Bouffalant, and any other shinies. Good luck guys!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Hm... In the Water types, I don't see Oshawott too often, and I'm kinda suprised since it's a starter. Remoraid, Shellos, Omanyte and Chinchou are also Pokémon underhunted so it could be very interesting to see.

For the Grass types, Snover is, surprisingly, not very hunted, and for some reasons, Cherubi, Ferroseed, Lileep and Lotad are also Pokémon that are in need on that thread.

I hope I helped!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 4th May 2013 at 12:43 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

<---- is MMing Lotad
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Gratz to JAWAYami on Kricketune (sorry its a dupe!), AquaRegisteel on Bellsprout, and pokemaster13 on Golduck!

Surskit, Spheal, and Corsola for water types. Seedot, Hoppip, and Tropius for Grass types. Just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelai View Post
    <---- is MMing Lotad
    Cool, nice to see people going for Lotad. I plan on MMing one soon. :]

I'm a little over 1k REs at route 18 and closing in on 4k REs at Undella Bay. Not expecting anything right now but if Spheal doesn't end up shining here then I'll definitely be MMing it. Its so adorable and soo under-hunted for some reason :s.

Well, that's it for now guys. Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Been RE'ing in Sapphire for BQ shiny #2 all day. Yet, I am only at 2,000 total RE's in Granite Cave :P. My Grovlye did catch Pokerus from one of the Abra I have been defeating, so that's pretty cool.

Hopefully I get Aron, Makuhita, or Sableye in this hunt.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

For the community hunt I'll be REing for a Wingull. I haven't heard of many people caring about Wingull or Pelipper in a while so I think they're underloved. Haven't decided on which Grass-type I want to go for yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Been RE'ing in Sapphire for BQ shiny #2 all day. Yet, I am only at 2,000 total RE's in Granite Cave :P. My Grovlye did catch Pokerus from one of the Abra I have been defeating, so that's pretty cool.

Hopefully I get Aron, Makuhita, or Sableye in this hunt.
    Good luck on this BQ. Having a shiny that naturally contracted Pokerus as well, you must be one of the luckiest people on Earth!

I've decided to start a RE hunt for a shiny at Ever Grande City. Hoping for a Corsola, Luvdisc, or Wailmer to shine for me.

EDIT: Also, congratulations to everyone who got shinies so far in May (There's too much names already to type out in May ). Gives me hope that some day, that one pokemon will shine soon
    Last edited by Spawty; 4th May 2013 at 3:21 PM.
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    For the community hunt I'll be REing for a Wingull. I haven't heard of many people caring about Wingull or Pelipper in a while so I think they're underloved.
    Its crazy that you mention that since I just got a shiny Wingull!

Yep, after 3928 REs on my white version shiny Wingull appears. I didn't even hear it sparkle and I almost ran away from it until I noticed it was green at the last second! My luck is crazy right now, even without the shiny charm. I'm just waiting for that super long hunt to happen now lol. I think I'm gonna RE for Wooper/Quagsire on SS now but I may change my mind if I think of something else. So, Community hunt complete!

Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Congrats to City Of Delusion on Sawk, pokemaster13 on Woobat, Shadowkrow on Frillish, Shinyhunter01, City Of Delusion on Bouffalant, JAWAYami on Kricketune, AquaRegisteel on Bellsprout, pokemaster13 on Golduck, and City Of Delusion on Wingull!

I only did 200 REs today and 60 SRs for Chimchar...I did 300 REs and 90 SRs yesterday, so right now I'm at 2,100 REs for Shinx and 410 SRs for Chimchar. Yesterday I had to help cut down a couple trees and today I worked on trimming them down to just the main pieces of trunk to be used for firewood, so that's taken away a lot of time. And I worked last night and tonight, and I'll be working all day tomorrow, so probably not much will get done tomorrow, either >.<

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,200 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,000 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    I could do a FR/LG BQ Race with you. Though me having 5 shinies already seems a bit of an unfair head start imo.

But since I am also racing Helio in a R/S BQ Race, I wont be playing my Leafgreen as much since Helio and I are both searching for shiny #2. That could give you time to catch up.
    Your on! Hey maybe I'll get really lucky after I get Squirtle and someone catch up to you!(I doubt it though). Anyway, I'm back from Iron Man 3(which was an awesome movie) and I'm hunting Eevee again. I'm at 8,851 RE's right now, and I'll definitely be able to get over 9,000 RE's today. Good luck guys!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Whoa, it's barely May and there's been a whole bunch of shinies so congrats on everyone who's gotten one!

My hunts are progressing slowly: 1500 sr's for a Leafgreen starter (I alternate which one it is every 25 sr's) and 21,450 sr's for torchic (I decided to pick it back up). I get the feeling I'll encounter at least one more uncatchable pooch before I get torchic.

I'm also considering MM-ing either a Corsola or Cherubi for the community hunt but that depends on if I get a shiny or get bored enough.

Good luck to everybody!

Page 202 of 941 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast