Page 206 of 946 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 23649

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats on all the new shinies, May seems really lucky so far!

I'm now at 22,340 SR's for Torchic. I forgot how much I hate this. I think I hate this more than anything else in the world, I'm predicting I get to maybe 24K before I get fed up and take a break from it again.

Good luck and I hope the luck continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Oh, I definitely agree about Staraptor vs Aggron I have no idea why I started seeing Aggron being female so easily.

And I did consider Valley Windworks as a place to hunt, but the main deterrent is Shellos. I don't like Shellos anyways, and the shiny doesn't change much, which makes it even more of a waste =\ Buizel is kind of meh...Not bad, but not something I'm really after. Bidoof I wouldn't really mind since I'd have a shiny HMer (maybe that's why Bidoof's grown on me). Pachirisu is kind of nice, and I do like its shiny form. That 45% chance of Shellos just really bothers me though.

Doh >.< Just checked the percentages of the pokemon there and noticed Bidoof isn't even there in Platinum :x I did think of trying there since I have the chance for Pachirisu which isn't a bad thing, but 203 has a slightly higher chance for Shinx, and an overall higher percentage for shinies I'm hoping for in general. Thanks for the suggestion though since Shiny Pachirisu would be pretty neat.
    Oh yeah, I don't like Shellos much either, I thought maybe you'll like it. I prefer its blue variation (the pink is ugly) and the shiny color isn't that bad. 45% for a Pokémon that we aren't looking for is pretty high (Pachirisu and Shinx with Static gives a total of 45% combined, just to give an idea), but if you end by getting another Starly, you wouldn't regret ? And I have to admit, Gastrodon gives you a hard time without a Grass type move in your team, eheh.
    I'll let you hunt for now, I really hoping you get that Shinx, it's very nice to get a shiny that we are really looking for.
    Congratulations to the recent shinies (and City on that 150th!) and good luck to everyone !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I'm so jealous of all the new shinies.I want most of them.
    For now I'm putting my Virizion hunt on hold.I miss MMing.Mudkip is the traget.Here I come Mudkip!
    GL minna-san! ^___~
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Huge congrats to Wyverndust on the Snivy, COD on the Relicanth (I LOVE shiny Relicanth *cuddles his own*) and any other shinies I might've missed! This month is just getting better and better when it comes to shinies!

I've reached around 960ish SRs for Turtwig since I started it yesterday. What can I say, I know how limited I am with regards to hunting time over the next few weeks due to exams and mock papers out of the wazoo, so I'm trying to reach a certain amount (around 2000ish maybe?) before I stop to focus solely on my exams! While it would be nice for Turtwig to be relatively quick, I wouldn't mind too much if it was fairly long either. Totally indifferent to make it short! Hoping the rest of the month brings us yet more sparkly beauties to relish in!

1/8192 shinies thus far: Around 130+

Most recent shiny: Uxie (August 29th, 2014)

congrats to crashandcortex for chimchar, MR DS BOY on skorupi, cocoadragon on that amazing steelix, Laurelai on lotad, cocoadragon on cyndaquil, Dangertrout on that phione, ohjeezitskim on shelder, Wyverndust on that snivy, City of Delusion for that relicanth (amazing shiny).
    Well, i guess this is it, xD!

As for me, still SRing for my secret target.. reached 10000 SRs yesterday..
    and, while SRing, i did some chaining. Yes. Again.
    And i succeeded in the first try! (i am doing this way: i try to chain the swarm pokemon, and i have only one shot, if it breaks, i give up... i am doing this cause chaining is way easier then the other methods.. so...)

but, here is the video of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGGDs3Hod_0

Also, good luck to everyone, and i've noticed something odd.. TOO MANY CYNDAQUILS
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    How many shines does everyone have?
    Sadly, not including the events and lost shinies, I only have 1. Who recently turned 1 year old!

I restarted Diamond and decided not to hunt Chimchar and just casually play through hoping for a random shiny, I look fowrawd to the Pokéradar and tweaking to get Shaymin.

Did some more SRs for Turtwig, but I haven't been hunting much since I'm still playing Diamond.

Saaatoshi!

Hey sorry but another quick question, is it possible to SR the online event pokemon like the current Deoxys? I would like to attempt it but obviously not if it's impossible. Oh and congratulations to everyone's latest shinies you all have a lot more patience than me

If I fish long enough, I should be able to get a shiny on the hook, shouldn't I? Trying to catch a shiny magikarp for the red gyarados

From what I've read, the event Deoxys can't be shiny. Typically, the 5th Gen events are not SRable for shininess.

Yes, you can fish for shinies. Good luck with Magikarp!
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    From what I've read, the event Deoxys can't be shiny. Typically, the 5th Gen events are not SRable for shininess.

I'm gonna need it.

Fishing with the Good Rod on route 205 in Diamond. Let see what shines first, magikarp or finneon

I Forgot To Say!
    A few months ago I found a Random Shiny Shinx
    on Platinum. It's on my Black now.
    Gl everyone

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    How many shines does everyone have?
    At the moment, two. Floatzel in Diamond and Darmanitan in Black 2. Fishing for a Magikarp currently. Let's see what I catch first, Magikarp or Finneon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    At the moment, two. Floatzel in Diamond and Darmanitan in Black 2. Fishing for a Magikarp currently. Let's see what I catch first, Magikarp or Finneon.
    If u catch the Finneon, Can I have it?
    Jk
    Gl though

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkyurem View Post
    If u catch the Finneon, Can I have it?
    Jk
    Gl though
    XD I'll consider it. I like normal blue finneon better than the golden brown. Though I might hoard it just cuz SHINY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post

Ah Thanks for that I won't bother then.

I've been kinda busy since I last posted and here is an update on shiny male Frillish. I caught it in a Premier ball(the I almost always use to catch shinies). It's nickname is Phantom. It has a Hasty nature, and the IV judge said"it's overall potential is above average and it's best potential speed is fantastic."

I've also decided to do a special hunt for my self, that I'm calling my shiny conquest. Basically what I'm doing is choosing a group of pokemon based on their appearance. Right now I'm after all bird-like pokemon, here's a list:
    Pidgey, Spearow, Psyduck(not completely sure if I should have it in here),Farfetch'd, Doduo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Natu, Murkrow, Delibird, Skarmory, Lugia, Ho-oh, Torchic, Taillow, Wingull, Swablu, Piplup, Starly, Chatot, Pidove, Sigilyph, Archen, Ducklett, Rufflet, and Vullaby.

As I have listed it's all first form pokemon. I'll still be able to do the CH, I can hunt Ducklett and Wingull for it. It's just something I thought up, wish me luck. Congrats on recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts. I also apologize about the huge post, I just wanted to show you all my plans.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: BQ #5 ???(RE) OR: Ho-oh(SR+SC)

Most Recent Shiny:
    AS: BQ #4 855 REs(Dexnav chain 15) Nickname: No nickname yet

Gratz on the Voltorb, 201238. :]

Well guys, my luck just won't stop.

Shiny freaking Tropius after 1610 REs. Community hunt complete x3!

I've caught a bit of a cold lately so I haven't been super motivated to hunt but I decided to do some hunting while watching YT videos and this beauty decides to shine. Tropius was one of my main wants from this route so I'm glad I finally got one. The nature is Timid which is actually one of the best natures for it and it has Solar Power as its ability so I can't be happier. I want some longer hunts so I'm gonna switch back over to MMing since I seem to have terrible luck with it most of the time lol. I'm kinda regretting getting the shiny charm tbh, I like short hunts but I've gotten 4 RE shinies in under 5k REs! Hopefully I get more challenging hunts in the near future. I've decided to go for Clamperl on SS via swarm, there's a chance I may get another Tentacool/cruel but I'm willing to risk it. I think I'm also gonna MM the recently popular Lotad on Black 2 since I really love shiny Ludicolo.

*gives all my luck to everyone* I don't want it anymore! Lol.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Congratulations all y'all on your shinies! I had an extraordinary spot of luck today! Yesterday I got my shiny Lotad, and today after a whopping 70 eggs, I got my shiny swift swim poliwag! Pink and blue rainy frog here I come! Community hunt #2 complete!!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps53f30ac4.jpg

Funny thing was, when I was hatching the eggs, I wasn't paying attention, and looked down just after it hatched to note that instead of not choosing to name it, I had selected to choose a name. Since I wasn't paying attention, and assumed that it was another non-shiny, I just poked at letter and called it done. I named him "o". When I looked again, "o" had a star, and I said "oh!!" I changed it to Ikakogi, which is a species of glass frog.... the little frogs who's innards you can see

Guess I have to find a ditto now with perfect attack so I can begin breeding for a rain team physical attacker!
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

At least you can get RE shinies, I haven't had any luck getting any wild shinies and trying to hatch shinies too!
    3DS FRIEND CODE
    1908-0000-6389

I DARKENDRA SHALL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIALS OF ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON!

Congrats to 201238, City Of Delusion on Tropius, and Laurelai on Poliwag!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't like Shellos much either, I thought maybe you'll like it. I prefer its blue variation (the pink is ugly) and the shiny color isn't that bad. 45% for a Pokémon that we aren't looking for is pretty high (Pachirisu and Shinx with Static gives a total of 45% combined, just to give an idea), but if you end by getting another Starly, you wouldn't regret ? And I have to admit, Gastrodon gives you a hard time without a Grass type move in your team, eheh.
    I'll let you hunt for now, I really hoping you get that Shinx, it's very nice to get a shiny that we are really looking for.
    Congratulations to the recent shinies (and City on that 150th!) and good luck to everyone !
    Heh, I'm just too picky X] But thanks, I'm open to suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    *gives all my luck to everyone* I don't want it anymore! Lol.
    Hmm...Yeah, I think I'll take just a tiny bit of my luck back, but only to ensure I get Shinx in whatever number of REs, and to try to get shiny Chimchar and Turtwig before I give the game to my friend, and that's it I swear!

So right after that class thing I had, a friend wanted to hang out, so we went to the mall for a couple hours. Then I got distracted like always, and throughout the night, I kept taking quick naps because I only got 4 hours of sleep last night after watching a movie and waking up for the class...I did manage 100 REs and 30 SRs though. Tomorrow I'll get more done for sure But tonight, I'm just so exhausted that I'm going to bed now.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Hey guys, been lurking here for a while and I just got a 3DS today. I rebought SoulSilver and I'm SRing for a starter... If I can get anything but Chikorita I'll be happy. Currently at about 100-120 SR's right now, let's hope I have some good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbsweet96 View Post
    If someone were to walk into my room, it'd look like I was jerking off vigorously. I'm shaking the Pokewalker >_>

Congrats to Laurlai on lotad and poliwag, cocoadragon on cyndaquil, Dangertrout on phione, ohjeezitskim on shellder, Wyverndust on snivy, CityOfDelusion on relicanth and tropius, 201238 on voltorb and any I missed.

Still no shiny for me. As I expected my White 2 BQ hunt has again gone over 10,000 it is currently at 11,865 making it the longest hunt so far on this BQ. And my hunt for skourpi outside reversal mountain on B2 with the SC is now at 6,172 (11,268 if you include the encounters before grumpig). These two hunts have been my sole focus since my last post.

Good luck to those still hunting.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Still going with my Lapras hunt, im up to 402 sr's. I'm not playing as much SS as I'd like though, as I'm spending alot of time playing B2 creating and training a Battle Team.
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

Hi everyone, and congratiez on the recent shinies~*
    I am sooooooo bad at deciding on a shiny hunt for the CH! Dx
    I'll figure out something though
    I don't want to be considered a bad shiny hunter with my 4 month drought or not being able to decide..
    Anywayz..
    GL to everyone on their hunts~* Let's see some stars fly~*

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Hello everyone. Congratulations to all shinies since my last post.

Ok I have hatched another box of Bagon and a few more Eevee but no shiny yet. I am thinking about starting my white 2 now.. I got it at Christmas but it is still unopened lol. I was going to trade over a shiny team but I think I will just go with 3 shinies to trade over. I am a bit disappointed though that if I upload my Skarmory from Emerald that it'll lose the data of where I hatched it. I know it is just a little thing but it does irritate me. I was wondering if others (who have uploaded shinies from gen III games to Gen IV) have kept a record somewhere of where the shiny was obtained and if so what did you do? I really wanna upload this shiny skarmory as she is my first 1/8192 from an egg ever so would appreciate any advice.

I will be going back to hatching Bulbasaur and Squirtle on white version soon. I have almost completed the nationaldex on white version now so MMing will be back to normal. I may try throwing in Snivy and Oshawott too for the CH. On black 2, for now I will continue with Bagon and Eevee until all the remaining 6 boxes are hatched but I think I may return to REing somewhere. I want to complete the CH first though so hopefully I will get a grass or water pokemon to shine for me quickly and then I can find somewhere to hunt. Or I could try SRing for a shiny Cresselia...
    Shinies are good.

Page 206 of 946 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast