Page 209 of 726 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 18132

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

i got two shiny starlys while chaining, got one at chain 55 with quit nature and other one at chain 58 with admant nature. the chain broke at 66
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Congrats to City of Delusion on your shiny Relicanth, Tropius, and Clamperl, 201238 on shiny Voltorb and Starly, Lauelai on your shiny Lotad and Poliwag, dan2point5 on that shiny Torchic, Shiny Lord on shiny Tentacool, TheGiratina999 on shiny Geodude, ohjeezitskim on the shiny Zorua, Shine on shiny Shellos, Pokemaster13 on those twin Tepig, JohnNiles on shiny Regirock and Larvesta, MR DS BOY on shiny Solosis, Zane Clarthy on that shiny Torchic, Cindajay on your two shiny Budew, three Shinx and Petilil, AquaRegisteel on the shiny Totodile, maldoror on the shiny Phione, and pxm1 on the two shiny Starly.

May has been so good to me. About an hour ago while watching a movie with my family my fifth shiny Eevee appeared on my Leaf Green! Took only 3,259 SRs (which compared to my Squirtle hunt feels super short). Once again, I got a male Eevee (hoping one of my remaining four Eevee is female). He is Jolly natured which isn't very good for any of the evolutions so I don't know what to evolve him into. I'm tempted to go with Leafeon but I don't want to transfer him to one of my fourth gen games yet. I still need Espeon and Vaporeon but the -sp. attack isn't good for either of them... so we'll see, I guess.

As far as my other hunts go, I started a shiny Giratina hunt but I've only done about 100 SRs for him. I also started MM and Shiny charm hunting Feebas on my White 2, only 200 eggs hatched right now. Been focusing a lot of my attention and efforts on my Squirtle hunt (at 12,025 SRs) but I don't think I'm going to get anything till after 14,000. This being my longest hunt, I am kinda excited to see how long I can hold out for as I am not the most patient person.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: CH complete X2! I completed my longest hunt just over an hour ago. After 12,264 SRs shiny Squirtle finally decided to shine! I wish I had a camera because he is beautiful. Was watching some funny cat videos with my family when I looked down and saw that green shell. He is rash natured, so not good at all, but I wasn't planning to evolve him past Wartortle so no big deal. Still trying to find a name for him and figure out what hunt to focus on next. Will either be my Feebas hunt via MM or my Black 2 badge quest.

Looks like I'm finally starting to get some of my luck back!
    Last edited by Wyverndust; 12th May 2013 at 5:56 PM.

Hmmm Shiny Thread ... Ahahahhha ..
    My First Encounter of Shiny was a Shiny Tentacool on my Sapphire. I was going to the Pokemon League that Time. Since it was my first shiny i noticed that it has that weird color than the normal once. so i caught it in a pokeball and my friend told it was a shiny one.
    The Second was when i was hunting for Latias on Mt. Pyre. I Encounter a Green Striped Wingull XD. I Caught it with Pokeball.
    The Third was a Shiny Roselia near the Day Care Hunting for Latias. The fourth was a Shiny Altaria on Sky Pillar. The Fifth was a Shiny Magikarp when i was hunting for a Feebas XD.

Weird. Hahahahahah. And when i did reset my sapphire i encountered a Shiny Wurmple and a Shiny Poochena.
    Wanted: Shiny Speed or Attack Nature.
    Many Pokemon to Offer and Trade.

TRU Arceus (Can Activate SS HG Event in Sinjoh Ruins)
    Birth Island Deoxys UT
    MYSTRY Mew
    And Many More. (Too Lazy to Put it Here.)

My Friend Code Here:
    [SPOILER=My Pokemon Teams]    Spoiler:- -My ThunderStorm Team:

Congrats to Cyndajay, JohnNiles on Larvesta, pxm1, and Wyverndust on Eevee!

Well, more Gen 6 pokemon have been revealed...Don't really like the bird, or that lizard thing, and I'm kind of iffy on the goat. The panda, though, doesn't look too bad...So perhaps I can mark him off as a possible target in a potential X/Y BQ. I'll still have to finish my Platinum BQ first, though...

On that note, I did 400 REs and 100 SRs today. So I'm now halfway to the odds for REing on Platinum. Maybe I'll end up reaching the odds for the first time? Starting to train Machop while I'm hunting...Not gonna EV train him, though I will keep track of what his EVs are so I can check his stats...I guess I'll just evolve him. Though I won't be trading him over to my other Platinum copy to evolve him into Machamp until I either have a shiny Chimchar to trade over as well, or until it's time to give my game away.

Probably won't get much hunting done - I have work first thing, and then as soon as I get home, we'll have a couple relatives over for Mother's Day ready to eat. So won't get a chance to hunt until night =\

Good luck everyone...Not many shinies today!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Growlithe; Black 2 (Virbank Complex): 400 REs (+130,577 REs = 15 Phases)
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,800 REs
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#9) (Bell Tower) - Ho-Oh: 4,300 SRs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Sadly, it doesn't. It has been answered here, if you want to be sure.
    That isn't proof at all... Anybody can say that something doesn't work without actually knowing anything about it.

The Japanese guidebooks are a heck of a lot more comprehensive then anything we get and often include information that was obtained from the game's developers themselves, so I'm inclined to believe them over some random forumgoer.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 12th May 2013 at 7:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    That isn't proof at all... Anybody can say that something doesn't work without actually knowing anything about it.

The Japanese guidebooks are a heck of a lot more comprehensive then anything we get and often include information that was obtained from the game's developers themselves, so I'm inclined to believe them over some random forumgoer.
    But they did day it wasn't found in the coding. They also have the shiny charm, so why would you need that?

Anyways, I am at 650 REs on Route 35...after 12,000 REs on this route alone, it's time to end my ongoing feud with this route...

EDIT: Hello ceecee, good to see you on here
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 12th May 2013 at 2:23 PM.

Current Hunt: Relic Castle - Badge Quest #4

3,903 REs

Sorry that I have continued to be inactive, but university comes first. I have 2 more assignments to go + 1 exam and then I will be finished for the semester
    So June - July = Wisdom teeth removal + shiny hunting as I will need something to distract myself from my pain.
    Good luck to everyone and congrats on all the new shinies that I have missed.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shiny: Torchic - Sapphire - 12340 SR x2 + Totodile - Heartgold - 1655 SR x3 (Double shiny) December 7th, 2013.

Since I was feeling a little demotivated I decided to return to my Heatran hunt. So now I'm on 3,035 SRs. Good luck to everyone still hunting!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Hi guys! I've got some hunts that I'm doing now. I've started SRing for Lugia in SS. I'm also hunting Ducklett doing MMs and REs, 105 MMs so far(have not put down a number for REs yet.). Would not mind Lugia shining soon, but I realize it will take a long time so I won't be expecting it soon. Congrats to recent shinies and good luck to all on going hunts.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

My Team:
    1. Muninn

Current Hunts:
    Y: Frost Cavern(HH) B2: BQ #2: Castelia Park(RE on hold) HG: BQ #8: Route 41 fishing for Chinchou(RE) B&W: Tornadus and Thundurus(SR on hold until I can SR Thundurus)

Most Recent Shiny:
    53 FS RE     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

I have a level 100 Garchomp with PKRS. looking to trade for a shiny. or for a Mew. PM me offers.

HOLY CRAP!!

Second soul silver badge quest shiny!!!

OKAY, so I finally found my HG and SS games and since I'm getting so discouraged with Torchic I decided I'd pick up my badge quest. I was hunting and just kind of watching a few videos when after 124 encounters a shiny freaking Bellsprout shown!

I'm so amazed that she showed up so fast. I almost started panicking because my pokemon are about ten levels higher and she wouldn't stay in the first two balls.

She's brave natured and her name is "Dandy" (Short for Dandelion)

I guess she also counts for the community hunt so Community hunt completed!

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone else!

*goes off to flail some more*

HOLY CRAP am I obscenely happy right now! To quote the legendary ShinyFuFu...

Spoiler:- Something wonderful:

HUGE congrats to everybody and anybody who's gotten shinies recently! Really sorry I can't name you all specifically, but under the circumstances I guess you can understand my excitement somewhat! Depending on how much A Levels test me over the next few days, I'll either start hunting for shiny Piplup or put hunting as a whole on standby until after my exams are finished. After all, my personal goal was only to get shiny Chimchar and if possible Turtwig prior to my exam leave, and what do you know, I already have both of them! We'll have to wait and see I suppose...
    Last edited by crashandcortex; 21st June 2013 at 8:24 AM.

1/8192 shinies thus far: 69

Current hunts:
    Route 111 (Sapphire): Around 23,000+ REs

Most recent shiny: Natu (September 7th 2013, Around 16,700 REs)

Major congrats to everyone of you !
    Phew, I'm trying to learn how to chain Pokémon in Diamond and I have to say, it's not easy at all. I just don't understand those tricks and things to do while chaining that I can't correctly chain Pokémon... That's hot... If someone has tips to recommand, I'm please to hear them. So far, my biggest chain is 7, but now I just got a Pikachu with Static since my Pokémon is an Electric type, so it will be very useful.
    I hope it doesn't take too long, I really want it and it's a very different kind of way to get a shiny, I think.
    EDIT : Darn, I was at chain 31 when a Bidoof broke this up, and the most sad part was the fact I realized my mistake just when I entered the patch of grass... But now, I think I can use the chaining method without too much problems. When you try and try again, it become easier. I can see the grill now (those that are hunting this way will understand).
    EDIT 2 : Okay, had enough for tonight. I didn't managed to go farther than 31, just to 24 and after that, it broke. After the 24, I only got to 18 two time and now I'm kinda disapointed. I see all those people who get their shiny so easily while I can't have just a 'bit of luck. Oh well, I'll continue hunting tomorrow, after school, where I will, hopefully, get it. Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 13th May 2013 at 2:00 AM.
    « And at last I see the light... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Sorry fellow shinaholics, I haven't posted forever since I've been ill, but I did manage to chain a shiny geodude today. Recently I've taken to chaining.
    Btw I named him Todd. Suits him perfectly.

chained a shiny electrike got it at chain of 40 and has lax nature. ill chain 1 more shiny (gligar or eevee) then stop chaining since its kinda easy and continue my deoxys hunt
    Last edited by pxm1; 13th May 2013 at 4:14 AM.
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Congrats to ChaoticInverse on Bellsprout, crashandcortex on Turtwig (jealous!), darkdrapion, and pxm1!

So I'm curious - how many other people are considering doing a BQ when X/Y come out?

I got 200 REs done and 80 SRs done, so 4,500 REs total and 1,130 SRs total...I'm doubtful I'll finish even the Chimchar hunt, much less get to Turtwig, though I really hope I do Even just getting Chimchar would be neat. Oh well. I'm still training Machop while I hunt for Shinx, and so far, he's level 25. Not sure if I want to let him evolve into Machoke at level 28, or leave him as Machop until I'm ready to trade the starters over...Not really fond of Machoke and prefer Machop, though on the other hand, I'd at least have a different pokemon for a few days even if I'm not using him...

Well, good luck everyone...Still not a very shiny-filled day!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Growlithe; Black 2 (Virbank Complex): 400 REs (+130,577 REs = 15 Phases)
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,800 REs
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#9) (Bell Tower) - Ho-Oh: 4,300 SRs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Finished EV training Larvesta and finally evolved it... whew! Now I have a shiny to look at while I collect eggs and hatch them in Join Avenue. Still hatching Rotoms... no luck yet.

@Papousse: The 4th gen forums has a chaining thread, with a first post with lots of links. It's a lot to digest at once, but it will really help.

@Cpchris: There is no way I would postpone the enjoyment of completing a brand new Pokemon game in order to run back and forth in the grass a million times. I like variety, not monotony. You may need to drop off the internet to avoid spoilers/excess information when it comes out. But that does remind me... the GTS is going to get absolutely hammered. I wonder if Dittos will be available before the post-game... I'm guessing not.

Now would be a good time for Gamefreak to improve the filter system so that we can block out idiotic demands or at least re-shuffle the search so we can get matched up with people who aren't idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    @Papousse: The 4th gen forums has a chaining thread, with a first post with lots of links. It's a lot to digest at once, but it will really help.
    Oh really ? I didn't notice. I'll go check it out, thanks !
    As for me, I will probably start a chain now, and finish it when I'll come back from school. This way, I'll have a little break between the two.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 13th May 2013 at 1:01 PM.
    « And at last I see the light... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Congratz on all the new sparkly poks guys!
    Specially crash. I wish I could finish this months CH before the exams but it's not going to happen.I guess I won't be hunting for 2 months from now. Good luck everyone. ^-^
    IMG_1188.JPG
    Last edited by 2rsa; 13th May 2013 at 9:40 PM.
    Current hunt: None
    Most recent shiny:

White FC: 1250-0291-7604
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Spoiler:- 5thGen Shinies obtained by me:

I am at 1201 for my nidoran hunt, I do hope it shines soon.

Attempting to chain Roselia for the CH.
    Maybe more than one if I can.

Hey guys!
    Long time since I've been here now. Happy to see so many shinies since the last time

I just came by to share a recently caught shiny! I met her in the Castelia City Park, on my Black 2 game. It was a random encounter, as I just were doing some levelling for the 3rd gym. She appeared after 259 random encounters into the game.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c808f04.jpg

(Hope the link works )

Spoiler:- Playthroughs:

Friend Safari: Poison: Seviper, Swalot, Muk

Now I can see
    The whole world is mine
    I can touch and feel
    I feed you my love

---

I don’t wanna lose this feeling
    I’m high on love, I’m high on love
    Never ever stopped believing
    Get high on love, get high on love

Congratz to maldoror on Phione, Cyndajay on Shinx and Petilil, JohnNiles on Larvesta, pxm1 on Starly and Electrike, Wyverndust on Eevee and Squirtle, ChaoticInverse on Bellsprout, crashandcortex on Turtwig, and andahaj on Pidove!

Well, I haven't got any shinies in the last 4 days which is not that long but it feels like my luck is back to normal lol. My Lotad hunt is over 1k eggs now so I hope it doesn't go too far over the odds. My Qwilfish hunt is at day 3, I believe, so not really expecting anything just yet.

A little of topic but I have fallen in love with a Panda named Yamchan, it will definitely be on my in game team. Also, to answer Cpchris's question, I don't think I'll be doing a BQ on XY. I just wanna play through it first and shiny hunt afterwards.

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 14th May 2013 at 4:41 AM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    53/66 Obtained!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 4/14/14
    Total Shinies: 239

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Spritzee. (MM)
    Pokemon Y: Route 10.
    Black 2: Abundant Shrine. (RE)
    Pokemon Y Badge Quest!

It's been a little bit!

Congrats to maldoror, JohnNiles, pxm1, Wyverndust, ChaoticInverse and crashandcortex on your recent shinies! Sorry if I've missed you - there have been a lot lately!

As for me, I just hatched my 800th egg in my current MM hunt. Nothing to show for it yet, but just wanted to drop in and tell everyone congrats and to keep going if you're running out of motivation. After a couple quick MM hunts for me I figured I'd be in for a long one, but I'm hoping this shiny hatches sooner than later. I just watch live shiny videos on YouTube if I feel myself getting down...

Good luck, everyone!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Congratz to maldoror on Phione, Cyndajay on Shinx and Petilil, JohnNiles on Larvesta, pxm1 on Starly and Electrike, Wyverndust on Eevee and Squirtle, ChaoticInverse on Bellsprout, crashandcortex on Turtwig, and andahaj on Pidove!

Hey everyone! Now at day 1 of hunting remoraid i decided to FE it and this is my first time trying. And at 2000 REs for mareep not expecting
    to get it soon im prepared to hunt until i get my pink sheep. at least i can't get ekans again so my chances of getting a repeat is slim.

Good luck on all your hunts especially the long ones!
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/96kmcn.png[/IMG]
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    17,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/110x9b6.gif[/IMG]

Page 209 of 726 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast