Page 21 of 947 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I got a great deal on black Friday.......Shiny Palpitoad in the moor of icciurus!!! 2500 re his nature is probably the worst u can get though, impish nature which if I'm correct is lower sp atk and high defense, I could teach him some fighting moves... Best part about this shiny is I get it live on camera!so I may be posting this one on my YouTube channel for you all too see! Congrats to everyone else who got a shin today!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Congratulations Stingray :-D

I'm now on 552 Random Encounters, tonight I will continue my hunt for the Mythical Shiny Metang. ;-(

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congrats Kurt! Great shiny buddy!

Sorry Dylz, after 2,678 encounters I just found a shiny Metang! Only took 11 ultra balls to catch which I'm happy about. It's Timid natured so I dunno if that's good or not, I'm just happy to have got it!

Edit - next couple of days I'll try get all my pics up (regi trio and metang).

Well, I started a BQ hunt on HG yesterday.
    30 SRs in for a Johto starter.
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

Good to be back. Man these holidays can make you busy. Anyway I don't know If I can go on with Cobalion right now. It is getting so annoying and is not as enjoyable as MM'ing.

Dang Dan that's awesome, shiny metang! Very nice!
    I'm now hunting in abundant shrine area, hoping for shiny Altaria,or shiny vulpix but would be happy with anything here but golduck
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Dang Dan that's awesome, shiny metang! Very nice!
    I'm now hunting in abundant shrine area, hoping for shiny Altaria,or shiny vulpix but would be happy with anything here but golduck
    well gl to you and congrats to you and Dan on the awesome shiny metang and palpitoad both great catches

Wow guys! Congrats on the Zubat, Metang (ooohhhh so lucky to get it in only 11 Ultra balls too!), and Palpitoad! I did a whooping 0 SRs yesterday for Rayquaza. I was just not in a SRing mood, so instead I did some breeding and training and such to get a living pokedex to make trading with my black 2 easier so I can get the charm on both games once I get Rayquaza (he is the last one I need!). I might do some SRing today, though probably not much because I have to finish a paper today. 2 more weeks and I will be done with college forever!!! Anyways, good luck everyone and happy hunting!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

So, never posted here but I've been reading this thread and it's very inspiring.

Now, the reason I'm writing is because I came across a foreign Heracross on the GTS and figure I'd have a go at the Masuda Method, unfortunately it doesn't have the nature I want (nor does my ditto and I don't feel like finding one that does) so I will pretty much only be breeding for shiny and hope for luck. From what I understand the everstone trick will work in gen V while MM'ing?
    Worst case I'll get one shiny and one for battling later on

Also, congratulations on all the recent shinies ofcourse

Oh Em Gee!!!!!!!! I decided to take a small break from my paper and SR some for Rayquaza and on my FIRST try today, SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!! Here is the pic!:

102022.jpg

It is a Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk) which I am ok with! So after only 1,692 SRs (and in a DUAL hunt), on my 3rd day of hunting this snake, I got him on my SS cartridge! I have finished the Hoenn weather trio and once I transfer over like 10 pokemon that was waiting on my SS for me to finish my hunts, I will have the shiny charm! This short hunt definitely makes up for the long Kyogre hunt I just had!

Happy hunting everyone!

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Oh Em Gee!!!!!!!! I decided to take a small break from my paper and SR some for Rayquaza and on my FIRST try today, SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!! Here is the pic!:

102022.jpg

It is a Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk) which I am ok with! So after only 1,692 SRs (and in a DUAL hunt), on my 3rd day of hunting this snake, I got him on my SS cartridge! I have finished the Hoenn weather trio and once I transfer over like 10 pokemon that was waiting on my SS for me to finish my hunts, I will have the shiny charm! This short hunt definitely makes up for the long Kyogre hunt I just had!

Happy hunting everyone!
    good job! i like the black dragons. rayquaza haxorus and charizard look awesome

Haha great work kitty! To get it on your first reset of the day is amazing! Something deep down must have told you to play it!

Congrats, Kitty! It's good karma for having to wait so long for your Kyogre. ;)
    [first time posting in this thread, but I've been following all of the posts daily!]

I'm interested in getting into shiny hunting (as I've never actually seen one in my games in all my years of playing!), but I haven't decided where I want to start yet. :X
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

I thought I'd create an account here since I've been lurking on this thread the past few days. I have a few shinies, (Ratatta, Krokorok, and Sneasel) that I've found randomly, but now I'm trying my first shiny hunt. I'm MMing for a shiny Staryu, so far I've hatched about 1100 eggs. I hope I get a shiny one soon, because I'm starting to lose the will to keep going. =/
    Last edited by Senrab; 23rd November 2012 at 5:39 PM.

10,000 RE now in Chargestone cave! Please something shine already. It's not fair that I have yet another long hunt over the odds. I really want to move on with my game but I can't. The hunt after I successful complete this one better be short because its high time I had a short hunt. Luck is not on my side in this badgequest!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post

Sorry Dylz, after 2,678 encounters I just found a shiny Metang! Only took 11 ultra balls to catch which I'm happy about. It's Timid natured so I dunno if that's good or not, I'm just happy to have got it!

OMG DANG YOU. :-( I want him too! :S:S Im currently on 652 Random Encounters, I will be getting 500 more tonight.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congrats on the shiny Rayquaza, Kitty! And congrats on completing the trio. ^_^

I'm hunting for my 4th White 2 BQ shiny in the Desert Resort now. I've done around 700 encounters so far. I'm hoping for anything other than a shiny Sandshrew or Trapinch (as I already have shinies of them).

I'm also thinking of trying to reclaim my lost shiny Petilil in White.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post

It's pretty bad, actually. ^^; Timid is +speed -attack. Congrats on the shiny! The Beldum family look great in their shiny form.

Good luck guys.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 23rd November 2012 at 6:14 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

@Pierate - Yes the everstone trick works with MM'ing, good luck on Heracross!

Wow! Gratz on Zubat, Golbat, Palpitoed, Metang, and Rayquaza! Everyone seems to be having amazing luck right now. I didn't get much hunting done yesderday due to Thanksgiving but today I'll be more focused. Really hoping I get this Mandibuzz before December so I can at least complete the Community Hunt. Also, welcome newcomers! The first hunt can be difficult but as long as you stay persistent, It'll eventually shine. Good luck!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

So... I was looking up various shiny forms of Pokemon I like in an effort to find a target that I feel I'll have the motivation to keep hunting for and eventually obtain which led me to restarting my Emerald (been meaning to for a while) for the promise of a shiny Ralts. So, this is my very first target! :) Wish me luck, I'm new at this lol.
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    @Pierate - Yes the everstone trick works with MM'ing, good luck on Heracross!

Wow! Gratz on Zubat, Golbat, Palpitoed, Metang, and Rayquaza! Everyone seems to be having amazing luck right now. I didn't get much hunting done yesderday due to Thanksgiving but today I'll be more focused. Really hoping I get this Mandibuzz before December so I can at least complete the Community Hunt. Also, welcome newcomers! The first hunt can be difficult but as long as you stay persistent, It'll eventually shine. Good luck!
    First off, thank you everyone on the congrats. The remainder of my pokemon play today will be working on and finishing my living pokedex so that I can trade over those pokemon easier to my black 2, but I am finished completely with the dex on my white 2. My shiny charm is just waiting for me to get it!

In addition to what City of Delusion said to newcomers, my suggestion would be to doing an MM run as your first hunt. Most people, like myself, have really good results with MMing their first time. I got Zorua in about 500 eggs and it was my first actual hunt. Plus, you know you are going to get that exact pokemon. And with the breeding mechanics that BW2 offers, it is easier to get the right nature/ability and such that you want. Just my piece of advice to the newcomers. Good luck and have fun!

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Sorry Dylz, but I spent less time doing REs but I still got a Shiny Metang before you. Got it while watching TV at my Grandparents house. It took 34 Ultra Balls and 971 REs. Just checked it and it is Naive and Strong Willled. I'm going to return to the Giant Chasm to hunt for a Shiny Piloswine for the Shiny version of my team. Might MM a Snivy first, though.

Congrats on all recent shinies and condolences on all recent fails!

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

33 more SRs so far...
    Maybe by Christmas.
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

Congrats on the shiny metang and good luck everyone. I'm doing my first ever SR hunt to start a BQ in Soul Silver. I'm up to about 500 now. I'm mostly hoping for Chikorita but I'll be happy with any of them. I'm also at about 500 eggs for my Ponyta hunt.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Still here =( 870 eggs. Congrats kitty on rayquaza and dans metang. Also on those zubats, the palpitoad and i think another metang. Will probably have more progress tonight to talk about. Gl!!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Hey guys. Have you ever used the SR method of hatching? Had decent results?
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Page 21 of 947 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast