Page 212 of 888 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Massive congrats to TheMaster327 on those 3 Stantler, Frost Mage on shiny Ponyta, EternalDarkness on Beldum, NightHaze12 on Cyndaquil, Mr. Shinx on both Laprad and Yamask (2 in 1 day is great luck!) and Cpchris on getting shiny Bidoof for his 4th BQ shiny! Great work guys!

I've already started my hunt for Mesprit and today I've gotten to 530 SR's so far. Will continue hunting later. Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon if my last few hunts. My laptop is broke so havent been able to upload (unless anyone knows a way of posting pics direct from an iPhone?).

Good luck everyone.
    I just email the photos from my IPod to my own email, which works. When I do that, I just save it on my Laptop, upload it to iaza and copy the URL and paste it in image tags...it works for me, but you'd need your laptop...

I haven't hunted much recently. I did hit 400 REs in Platinum, and cpchris is really making me want to hunt on it much more...I'm kind of distracted by a SoulSilver playthrough. 925 REs in HG too...

Congrats and good luck to all!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

HOLY HELL! This is ridiculous! After 614 SR's Shiny Mesprit just appeared! This is mental! Caught it after a fun 5 minute game of 'why the hell won't you stay in the pokeball' haha.

On to lake trio number 3 now!

Congrats birds of paradise on shiny Drilbur.

Hey guys!
    Congrats to all including but not limited to... Dan on his great luck so far with the lake trio, the master on stantler pl., ccphris on bidoof, bids of paradise on drilbur, 2rsa on mudkip, cocoa on remoraid, kitty on her latest eevee (my heads gonna explode) and everyone else who has witnessed a sparkle recently.
    Well, I supposed there is some good news. I am STILL hunting the johto starters via sr. I am changing id at what i estimate to be every 1000 srs and ive did it twice already. Hope i get a Cydaquil or Totodile! Gl all
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Just found a shiny rash natured tentacool in my emerald in the water just outside of mt pyre! It looks smexy!!!!
    My Newest Shiny:

My Current Hunt:
    , , , ,

The Spiritomb, Bagon and Milotic are being MM'ed

Stupid/paranoid question: on B/W2, is Cresselia's shininess set when I hold up the Lunar Wing, or when I actually enter in battle with it?

I lost count, but after a ridiculous amount of eggs, I finally have a shiny Larvesta! It's so darn cute! I'm trying for a Rufflet next. I believe I'm already past the one hundred eggs mark? Oh well. I don't really count these things, I just keep trying!

Good luck to everyone trying to get their shinies. It takes a lot of patience, doesn't it? x)

Congrats to Birds of Paradise on Drilbur, dan2point5 on Mesprit, Omishka on Tentacool, and HalfaBean on Larvesta!

Thanks City Of Delusion, dan2point5, and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

I put the video of Bidoof up. (as well as the videos of shiny Gyarados and shiny Floatzel from Rumble last night)...I got her EVs all recorded (I gave her 300 Vitamins to speed things along :x), and her IVs don't look too bad...Of course, on a Bibarel ;_; Not that they're fantastic, but: 22 HP, 31 Atk., 6 Def., 20 Sp. Atk., 22 Sp. Def., 22 Speed.

I did 300 more REs today...So 559 total today...It's funny to think that this time and the last time that I set myself a semi-major hunting goal (last time was to dual hunt 7 consecutive days, this time was to reach 1k REs today), they get interrupted by shinies :x I also did 190 SRs, so currently back down to 300 REs total, and 1,600 SRs...I only have 4 or 5 more days with this second cartridge, so I'm losing hope that Chimchar will appear...Though I'm holding out for one of those semi-quick mid-1k SRs for Chimchar followed by one of those miraculous <200 SRs that I've seen on youtube for Turtwig...Doubtful, but it could happen :x If it doesn't, then I probably won't be hunting them again unless I decide to MM, which right now seems even more doubtful than the scenario I just presented...

I also trained Machoke up to level 50 after beating the 4th gym, so he's all caught up to Empoleon and Staraptor. I think I might try to train Bibarel up at least a little so she's not as behind and so I can make some money rematching those socialite people with my amulet coin :x And then it'll be back to hunting Shinx!

Good luck finding shinies, everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,600 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,000 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,100 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Hey again. Thanks to Papousse, Cyndajay, 2rsa, Shine, 201238, dan2point5, AquaRegisteel, City of Delusion, wyverndust, lavaburst14, cpchris and Lunafloon and everyone else!

Again, it seems like everyone is close to capturing the entire population of shiny Pokémon! Congrats to Cyndajay x2, maldoror x2, pxm1, wyverndust, ChaoticInverse, crashandcortex, 2rsa, andyhaj, pokemaster13, cocoadragon, Omishka x2, Papousse, JohnNiles, KittyKitty, dan2point5 x2, TheMaster327, EternalDarkness, NightHaze12, Dangertrout, Mr Shinx x2, cpchris (good luck with Shinx), Birds of Paradise and Halfabean!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    SOOOO CUUUUUUTE ! *die of cuteness*
    Torchic was my starter in Sapphire, so I don't complain about it, great job on it ! I didn't know we could make a Masuda hunt for a Badge Quest. Torchic's shiny form is absolutely beautiful. Pyro's not a bad name, but if you want to change, here's a list of suggestions... What about Captain, Synaps (I studied in science yesterday, eheh), Ethan, Burstion (from burst) or Galen (I looked on internet for "calm name", since it's your Torchic's nature, and there's some interesting options, here!) ?
    And as for your last Badge Quest Pokémon, you really need a Water type, so I suggest you to go hunt where there's only Water types (plus, if you find it in May, a community hunt complete!), it would be very useful, don't you think ?
    Well, I don't think that MM is actually what people envisioned when they talk about a Badge Quest, but oh well! Fact is I hatched a shiny on a Badge Quest game. Maybe it can just be a bonus shiny or something? I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things because I'm sure I'll use the game to hunt on it in the future for something else anyway. So I'll probably be getting yet another shiny soon and that may contribute to the shiny total better than a hatched one ... I do know that while the Torchic wasn't an overly long hunt, there were still a number of hours put into it, so yeah. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't make it any less easy or less special.

Thanks for your name suggestions, I like Galen! I was actually thinking Roaster, too ... a combo of Rooster and Roast. But it might be a bit too "been there, done that!"

And I've taken your suggestion for a water type into consideration. Lapras, maybe. There are a number of beautiful water types to capture, but I guess I need to do some more research. I want to hunt for an Oddish or Hoothoot, too, but I really get turned off by the night time only appearance and I don't really want to mess with my DS time settings. Unless I hunt for one of them at night and switch to a fishing spot during the day. Arrgh, too many choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Like I said, I didn't saw it as I did the chaining while watching TV (definitely NOT the best thing to do when chaining ) but I'm very sure it's a shiny patch (since I'm using Repel, it hasn't run out yet, and the chain continues after that), and since it's just the 2nd encounter, I'm also very sure it's still the standard 1/8192 chance, or at least very close to 8192, probably something like 8150.

....except that the Shiny Torchic's Nature is Calm, which is -Attack

Still, congrats for finally obtaining a shiny one
    Hmm, it could still have appeared in a normal patch and not a shiny one. Regardless, it is still awfully lucky, and congrats once again!

Hey now ... no need for those remarks! :P Torchic holds back on his immense strength due to being calm, that's all. He's still pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Yes. And then I realize I've contributed stuff that doesn't even matter. So...Double yes?
    Hey now, though. At least it makes it interesting. At least for me, anyway! I'd much prefer reading descriptive posts than anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    BTW guys, I still haven't nicknamed my Mudkip. Help please? ;___;
    Off the top of my head, I've come up with a few ... it really depends on what sort of a nickname you're looking for.

Kipper
    Sludge
    Slops
    Sloppy
    Fisher
    Swampy
    Marshall
    Swampal
    Boggs
    Muddy
    Sudsy
    Peater
    Gill
    Gilly
    Fludds
    Hydro
    Belarus
    Bracken
    River

So, yeah ... My White 2 Badge Quest is totally giving me the #$%$^$^%&@#$@$ at the moment! I know we've all had our long hunts and all, so I don't want to sound like "poor me!!!" but I just hit 18,907 encounters for my third shiny. I feel like throwing something!!! Thank goodness for the forms section of the Pokedex, because I keep on feeling like I've missed a shiny and it helps to ease my mind. Come on, game!!! I'm sick of this cave.

Anyway! Since Torchic/Roaster/Galen/Pyro hatched, I have been dual hunting, using both my 3DS and DSi to hunt. I have barely had any encounters in White, but sure enough, something appeared this morning and sparkled. Now, I was stunned, but I am also a little annoyed that of course the shiny has to appear on the other game, and it's also a double of something I already have! I guess it's hard to explain my tone through text, but I am definitely happy, of course, but it's not the ideal situation I'd prefer!

Where I am hunting I have a few of the Pokémon in shiny form already. That's fine, I know the risks. But there are some awesome alternatives there, too! And last time I hunted here, I also got another Pokémon that was another double, but it appeared within minutes. You may recall my Rapidash from a little while ago?

Well, here she is. I'm really glad it's a female because she compliments my male, Regale!

Still hunting in the same place, and still hunting in that cave, too. There seems to be a scientist trapped in the cave there next to me, too. She's probably catching the shiny Pokémon for herself ...

Good luck all!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 16th May 2013 at 8:49 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

First of all, congratulations to everyone on your shinies 8D
    It really takes a lot of patience to find a shiny. Or maybe some of you are just very lucky. Whichever the case, congratulations.

Ok, so here's my story: I may or may not have posted on this thread 2 years ago, I don't remember. Anyways, a long time ago I was using the Masuda Method to get a shiny Litwick, I hatched over 3000 eggs and no shiny appeared. I switched to doing REs, I got over 8000 (maybe over 9000) and still no shiny.
    I got tired of shiny hunting.

A few days ago I decided to try to hunt again. This time not for Litwick, but for a random Pokémon in dark grass. As I now have 3 game consoles I can triple hunt.
    Everyday I did about 2 hours of triple hunting (about 1200 REs every day). And today this appeared in my japanese White 2.

I feel so happy right now :'D
    After so much time without finding anything, this was really unexpected.
    Not only it's my first successful shiny hunting ever, but also my first 1/8192 shiny since a Graveler I caught in 2008. That Minccino is also my first Unova shiny, not counting that shiny Haxorus.

I uploaded a video right here. Sadly it is not live, the quality is bad and there's no sound.

Anyways, she needs a name. 5 characters limit. Any idea? :3

Good luck to everyone hunting shinies! 8D
    Miiverse is addictive~
    Click Ran if you want to visit my Void c:
    I'm not a native english speaker, so I'm sorry if I make mistakes.

Congrats, CBC!

Nickname suggestions are:

Cino
    Cinno
    Cinna
    Latte
    Cofee
    Cuppa
    Fluff
    Puff
    Muffy
    Puffy
    Boa
    Mitsy
    Cissi
    Chino
    Milli
    Minni
    Flomp
    Flo
    Filly
    Petti
    Satin
    Vira
    Meena

Hopefully something might inspire you. It's hard with a limit, but I can try to think of more if you want. Maybe you just want a cute sounding name, or something clever?

Friend Codes:

Congrats to Omishka on Tentacool, HalfaBean on Larvesta, Zane on Tranquil (glad it was female so you've got the set!) and to CBC on Minccino. Well played guys :-)

Last night I started the hunt for Azelf and did 100SR's before calling it a day. I have a funny feeling this one will take a while but how great would it be if I could complete the lake trio with 3 consecutive shiny days! I'm at work at the moment so will hunt later when I finish.

Good luck today everyone.

Gratz to Birds of Paradise on Drilbur, dan2point5 on Mesprit, Omishka on Tentacool, HalfaBean on Larvesta, Zane Clarthy on Tranquil, and CBC on Minccino!

Community hunt complete x5!

After 1,771 eggs shiny Lotad is mine!

I'm glad this hunt didn't go over 2k eggs! Well, unfortunately it ended up with Rain Dish as its ability (wanted Swift Swim) but its still a nice ability, I just have to give it a slightly different moveset now. So I'm not gonna be OCD with the ability like I was with Zangoose and Shroomish and go for another one xD. Next up is Seedot, I've been wanting a shiny Shiftry for awhile now and this months CH is giving me that push to go for one. I'll have to be strict with the ability this time, so hopefully it gets Chlorophyll cause Early Bird is just horrible on Shiftry. But for now, I have a few more eggs to hatch and ALOT of releasing to do >.<!

Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Congratulations to everyone I've missed !
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Congrats to Birds of Paradise on Drilbur, dan2point5 on Mesprit, Omishka on Tentacool, and HalfaBean on Larvesta!

Thanks City Of Delusion, dan2point5, and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

I put the video of Bidoof up. (as well as the videos of shiny Gyarados and shiny Floatzel from Rumble last night)...I got her EVs all recorded (I gave her 300 Vitamins to speed things along :x), and her IVs don't look too bad...Of course, on a Bibarel ;_; Not that they're fantastic, but: 22 HP, 31 Atk., 6 Def., 20 Sp. Atk., 22 Sp. Def., 22 Speed.

I did 300 more REs today...So 559 total today...It's funny to think that this time and the last time that I set myself a semi-major hunting goal (last time was to dual hunt 7 consecutive days, this time was to reach 1k REs today), they get interrupted by shinies :x I also did 190 SRs, so currently back down to 300 REs total, and 1,600 SRs...I only have 4 or 5 more days with this second cartridge, so I'm losing hope that Chimchar will appear...Though I'm holding out for one of those semi-quick mid-1k SRs for Chimchar followed by one of those miraculous <200 SRs that I've seen on youtube for Turtwig...Doubtful, but it could happen :x If it doesn't, then I probably won't be hunting them again unless I decide to MM, which right now seems even more doubtful than the scenario I just presented...

I also trained Machoke up to level 50 after beating the 4th gym, so he's all caught up to Empoleon and Staraptor. I think I might try to train Bibarel up at least a little so she's not as behind and so I can make some money rematching those socialite people with my amulet coin :x And then it'll be back to hunting Shinx!

Good luck finding shinies, everyone!
    Darn, sorry Cpchris, I forgot you for a while so I didn't aswered to your post on Bidoof. Congratulations !
    Mh, now it looks hard because you already got 2 Pokémon on this route, but I noticed in the video that you weren't using a Pokémon with Static in front of your team to get Shinx more easily... Maybe you should try it, after all, I guess you have access to Pikachu from the Trophy Garden by now. I still wish you good luck, I don't like Bidoof especially, but it's fine and she's cute in a certain way!

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Well, I don't think that MM is actually what people envisioned when they talk about a Badge Quest, but oh well! Fact is I hatched a shiny on a Badge Quest game. Maybe it can just be a bonus shiny or something? I don't think it really matters in the grand scheme of things because I'm sure I'll use the game to hunt on it in the future for something else anyway. So I'll probably be getting yet another shiny soon and that may contribute to the shiny total better than a hatched one ... I do know that while the Torchic wasn't an overly long hunt, there were still a number of hours put into it, so yeah. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't make it any less easy or less special.

So, yeah ... My White 2 Badge Quest is totally giving me the #$%$^$^%&@#$@$ at the moment! I know we've all had our long hunts and all, so I don't want to sound like "poor me!!!" but I just hit 18,907 encounters for my third shiny. I feel like throwing something!!! Thank goodness for the forms section of the Pokedex, because I keep on feeling like I've missed a shiny and it helps to ease my mind. Come on, game!!! I'm sick of this cave.

Anyway! Since Torchic/Roaster/Galen/Pyro hatched, I have been dual hunting, using both my 3DS and DSi to hunt. I have barely had any encounters in White, but sure enough, something appeared this morning and sparkled. Now, I was stunned, but I am also a little annoyed that of course the shiny has to appear on the other game, and it's also a double of something I already have! I guess it's hard to explain my tone through text, but I am definitely happy, of course, but it's not the ideal situation I'd prefer!

Where I am hunting I have a few of the Pokémon in shiny form already. That's fine, I know the risks. But there are some awesome alternatives there, too! And last time I hunted here, I also got another Pokémon that was another double, but it appeared within minutes. You may recall my Rapidash from a little while ago?

Well, here she is. I'm really glad it's a female because she compliments my male, Regale!

Still hunting in the same place, and still hunting in that cave, too. There seems to be a scientist trapped in the cave there next to me, too. She's probably catching the shiny Pokémon for herself ...

Good luck all!
    Yeah, another one ! That's awesome ! Roaster is cool as well, but it reminds me a 'bit of the word "toaster", wich I don't like especially... But you decide, once again, you have incredibly good nickname suggestions. For the Water type, if you don't agree with it, it's fine, I think Nidoqueen can still get some Water type moves (Surf, Water Pulse and Whirlpool in Heart Gold) so if you wanna put one, it would be fine, and I still think you should hunt for Hoothoot in the National Park, with 100% of encouter rates, makes it unevitable. For always touching the hour clock, I understand, but the night starts at 20h and finishes at 3h59. I doubt you will be hunting for around 6 hours in a row. I think you should visualize everything. A golden Noctowl would make your team very interesting.
    For Tranquill, well, congratulations ! The female has less details than the male but it still work, and I guess it will be fine in your Badge Quest (I think you'll have to wait to get her, she won't obey to you anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by CBC View Post
    Anyways, she needs a name. 5 characters limit. Any idea? :3
    Mmmh, let me think... What about Shimy, Glace, Cleo, Rosa, Alice, Jadia or Twink ?

As for you, dan2point5, congratulations on the last two, and good luck on Azelf !

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Gratz to Birds of Paradise on Drilbur, dan2point5 on Mesprit, Omishka on Tentacool, HalfaBean on Larvesta, Zane Clarthy on Tranquil, and CBC on Minccino!

Community hunt complete x5!

After 1,771 eggs shiny Lotad is mine!

I'm glad this hunt didn't go over 2k eggs! Well, unfortunately it ended up with Rain Dish as its ability (wanted Swift Swim) but its still a nice ability, I just have to give it a slightly different moveset now. So I'm not gonna be OCD with the ability like I was with Zangoose and Shroomish and go for another one xD. Next up is Seedot, I've been wanting a shiny Shiftry for awhile now and this months CH is giving me that push to go for one. I'll have to be strict with the ability this time, so hopefully it gets Chlorophyll cause Early Bird is just horrible on Shiftry. But for now, I have a few more eggs to hatch and ALOT of releasing to do >.<!

Good luck everyone!
    Your luck is insane, but still, big congratulations ! How many it makes this month ?
    Lotad isn't very a Pokémon that I like, but its shiny form is pretty. having Seedot, its counterpart, will be pretty neat as well.
    Good luck on Seedot and Qwilfish!
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Thanks Dan! I'm actually pretty stoked that she's female as they look quite a lot different.
    Cheers CoD! (When I say it like that I'm reminded of a big fish ...) Congratulations on that Lotad! It looks amazing. Seedot is my favourite of the two and I spent a loooong time hunting for one in Ruby long ago unsuccessfully. So good luck! And you don't mind if I get inspired by you, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post

Yeah, another one ! That's awesome ! Roaster is cool as well, but it reminds me a 'bit of the word "toaster", wich I don't like especially...
    Thanks, Papousse! Hey, just don't think of the word Toaster ... Hmm, that's another potential nickname! Eggs and toast? Toaster? Roaster? I might name him Toaster!

But you decide, once again, you have incredibly good nickname suggestions.
    I appreciated your suggestions. I think that Galen sounded awesome, because it not only has the calm connection, but it also sounds kind of heroic and gallant or something. I'd like to think my Torchic isn't a complete moron.

I guess that I usually try to nickname any Pokémon (and I actually do this!) that I capture, and sometimes I get a little stumped, so I choose names that down the track I'm not too keen about and would like to put some more thought into them. That's why the whole Webby thing occurred. I think that also hearing other peoples suggestions can help inspire you to find something else you like, so keep the suggestions coming!

For the Water type, if you don't agree with it, it's fine, I think Nidoqueen can still get some Water type moves (Surf, Water Pulse and Whirlpool in Heart Gold) so if you wanna put one, it would be fine, and I still think you should hunt for Hoothoot in the National Park, with 100% of encouter rates, makes it unevitable. For always touching the hour clock, I understand, but the night starts at 20h and finishes at 3h59. I doubt you will be hunting for around 6 hours in a row. I think you should visualize everything. A golden Noctowl would make your team very interesting.
    I'm not really one for types, to be honest. I think that my shinies are pretty much going to steam through anything in the game at this point, after being EV trained on SS, etc. I'm relying on my Arbok, Summer to defeat the Elite Four singlehandedly at this point. Her moveset is Crunch, Ice Fang, Seed Bomb, and Poison Jab. And she's almost level 70.

But I really am considering Lapras. If you go there and never leave, the Lapras wont disappear until you leave, right? I seem to recall people saying something like this, but I never really thought much about it as Lapras wasn't always a pressing target of mine.

Hoothoot/Noctowl is definitely one of my targets, so I will probably end up hunting there at some point. It will probably be soon, actually. Not too sure. Depends on whether other shiny Pokémon co-operate with me! I probably might hunt for 6 hours in a row at this stage! :P But I'm mainly talking about when I might get a spare moment during the day and there's no Hoothoot or Oddish around. Sometimes you might not get ample time at night to hunt before heading to sleep.

For Tranquill, well, congratulations ! The female has less details than the male but it still work, and I guess it will be fine in your Badge Quest (I think you'll have to wait to get her, she won't obey to you anyway).
    Oh, you mean for me to trade her over to White 2 to use? I'm not actually sure what I'm going to do with her! It's such a shame their movepool is pretty shallow.

Guys, this might seem like a weird question, but Do any of you have any superstitions when it comes to shiny hunting? For example, does anyone follow a set routine? Do you reset the game after a certain amount of encounters, or do you just leave your game in sleep mode the entire time? Or do you hunt for a certain amount of time before saving the game and resetting? I don't know if any of this makes sense, but I wanted to see what all of you do. Is there a rhyme or reason to what you do, or do you just mindlessly KO random Pokémon until the sparkly one appears? Or do you just run from everything you see? Or do you vary it?

I'm really interested in seeing what you all had to say about this!

Friend Codes:

Hello everyone. Congratulations to all shinies since my last post.

I have an update on my MM hunts. Right on Black 2 I have hatched 50 bulbasaur eggs so far but no shiny yet. On white version I have hatched 100 eggs for Squirtle and no shiny so far. I am going to hopefully hatch another box on each game before tomorrow so fingers crossed a shiny appears! I really want to complete my shiny kanto trio now. It has been 5 months since I got my wonderful shiny Charmander and she needs her fellow kanto shinies.

Congratulations again to all shinies gained and good luck to everyone still hunting.
    Shinies are good.

Congrats on all recent Shinies, been alot I've missed.
    Working on chaining Pachirisu right now though.
    I put the Roselia hunt on hold.

Wow, so many long posts! I'm a little swamped with life right now, so make sure you write "Community Hunt Complete" when you get it, or I might miss you. If I do miss you, VM me so I can fix it =)

Still nothing new for me, which isn't surprising as I'm only getting maybe an hour a day to work on my hunts right now. >.< Good luck to everyone in their hunts!
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Congrats to all the new shinies. I haven't update my sig but I been resetting for shiny snivy for 4 days now. I really hope it shine soon so I can start playing white over.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

congratulations to Omishka on Tentacool, Birds of Paradise on Drilbur, dan2point5 on Mesprit, , and HalfaBean on Larvesta, also to City Of Delusion for Lotad and Zane Clarthy for that Tranquil!!
    I know i missed some ppl, but it's been a long time since i don't post... i'll update it later!

As for me, COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!
    I'd really like to complete this month's hunt with a totodile or a chikorita, BUT my luck is not being friendly.. so i decided to chain this one just to complete ch's soon. (i'll keep looking for those starters though)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjZSaNYnaPU

Good luck to everyone!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Hey everyone!

Been a very, very long time since I've been to the forums, or have had the urge to do some shiny hunting.. But guess I'm all back! ^^ Picked up my game again today and figured, why not try? So yeah, here I am..

Not completely sure what to hunt for next though, I had some hunts going, which I might just continue, or I could start some brand new ones n_n
    I think I may return to my hunt for a shiny Audino, by training up my other shinies to 100 using Audino-encounters.. Have no idea what number that hunt was on though, but I remember it being at least a couple thousand.

I'll update my shiny-list at some point, when I get the time =3

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

Welcome back to hunting Nakashima! Good luck on Audino...should you hunt it.

As for me, 725 REs in Platinum with little progress in HG. However, I bought a second calculator (exactly the same as the other one) so dual hunting is back for me

Other than that, good luck and congratulations!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

grats on all recent shinies

I have some shiny news! today i found a level 706 shiny Dewgong its Trait is Steel Guard took 5 RTs(Run-Throughs)...was hoping for my route 10 hunt/lotad MM to shine but at least something decided to...if you havent guessed this shiny was found on Pokemon Rumble but hey im glad something shined somewhere(havent had a shiny in weeks[including on Rumble(was going for a black Charizard)] :P

Good Luck on all hunts!!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    What shinies do you guys remember having at one point, but currently aren't in possession of for one reason or another?
    I had a Spinda (RE) and Latias (SR, Southern Island) on my original Ruby file. I erased them when I restarted. I've since caught a new Latias but don't care for Spinda so have never bothered getting a new one (it sat in a box anyway from the moment I caught it).

I found a Girafarig in my Silver. I only had a couple of Ultra Balls on me so I decided to risk attacking it with my Donphan. If Fury Attack hit 2/3 times (can't remember which) then it would have lived. Needless to say, it hit more and my shiny died. To add insult to injury, I chucked an Ultra Ball at the new Girafarig I saw and got it at full HP with no status condition. I have a chained one from Diamond now.

Anyway, I've had a break from Pokémon but have decided to come back and get the last shiny I was going for. I have done some hatching today and am now up to 1585 eggs for shiny Yanma. I hope it shines soon!

Congrats on the new shinies and good luck on the hunts.

1365 eggs hatched now for Oshawhott with Shiny Charm and no such luck! Am going to pass Regular MMing odds! Come on Shiny Charm kick in and give me a shiny Oshawhott already! I just want it to shine so I can move on!
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Default How do so many people have shiny pokemon?

I tried to post this in the Newbie thread but apparently that is incorrect...So I am reposting this here. There are so many different topics it is difficult to figure out where I am supposed to be posting stuff.
    Okay so I have been playing pokemon for years and I have seen ONE shiny. A shiny Slugma that I caught while playing pokemon Sapphire, it seems to show up each time I restarted the game....I don't even have it anymore because I just restarted me game (for some stupid reason) and I figured I could just go back and get it... Anyways I was wondering how SO many people have Shiny pokemon??? I understand the breeding method as well as the shiny charm that you can get in Black/White 2 (which I am currently working on) but how long does it take you guys to get sooo many? And what is with the "soft reset" trick? How does that work?

Page 212 of 888 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast