Page 213 of 947 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 23651

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

There's a few different methods. Of course, there's also hacking and trading for shinies. Some people are just really good at shiny hunting.

RNG abuse.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

There are several ways to increase the odds of getting a shiny Pokemon. A simple Google search would tell you that. No one's keeping secrets from ya or anything.

Also, there's a handful of pre-set shiny Pokemon in some of the games.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Its really up to luck and determination to be honest, I started early spring on my Shiny Oshawott egg hunt and finally got one in late August. Soft resetting is pressing " L+R+Start+ Select" on your DS system.

Miju ^^

Luck, running around in grass often while forgetting to/intentionally not using Repels.

Force moar encounters, basically. That, or learn PRNG manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    There are so many different topics it is difficult to figure out where I am supposed to be posting stuff.
    I merged the thread with the general shiny discussion thread, there's no need to make a thread just for a single shiny-related question when we have the shiny thread.

Anyway, all of them depends on luck, some people may got shinies easily on one month but gets no other shiny until the end of the year, while some other people consistently gets 1 shiny every month, it always vary, since it all depends on luck.

Which means no one can tell you how long it will be.

For example, my first three MM each gives me a shiny in under 500 eggs (one of them even came inside the 25th egg), but the fourth didn't give me any shiny until over 3000 eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    1365 eggs hatched now for Oshawhott with Shiny Charm and no such luck! Am going to pass Regular MMing odds! Come on Shiny Charm kick in and give me a shiny Oshawhott already! I just want it to shine so I can move on!
    ....I hope mine doesn't lasts as long as yours

450 Oshawott eggs, and still no shiny.....hopefully you'll get one before me, since you've been at it longer than me, so you deserve it more.

Quote Originally Posted by 201238 View Post

As for me, COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!
    I'd really like to complete this month's hunt with a totodile or a chikorita, BUT my luck is not being friendly.. so i decided to chain this one just to complete ch's soon. (i'll keep looking for those starters though)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjZSaNYnaPU

Good luck to everyone!

......why did you chain for the East Sea one, the West Sea Gastrodon at least has a more obvious difference in terms of colors XD

Still, congrats, especially since you got it from chaining, exactly the same as how I got my Shiny West Sea Shellos for this month's CH

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/386.gif
    Deoxys @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Timid
    Faraway place.
    Apparently had a fateful encounter at level 100.
    Likes to eat.
    31/30/31/30/31/30 (Hidden Power Fire)
    -Nasty Plot
    -Dark Pulse
    -Recover
    -Psycho Boost
    Unfortunately, it's not in my game. I RNG'd it for a friend in his copy of Black 2, but still, kind of neat. I might get one myself later.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

^
    I'm very sure the NP Deoxys does not lacks a shiny lock, so the only way it can be shiny is if you hacked it.

and I have a feeling you posted in the wrong thread.....your post looks more like something someone would post on the RNG result thread

Then again, it's a Shiny NP Deoxys....that's not RNG abuse, that's hacking.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    1365 eggs hatched now for Oshawhott with Shiny Charm and no such luck! Am going to pass Regular MMing odds! Come on Shiny Charm kick in and give me a shiny Oshawhott already! I just want it to shine so I can move on!
    I believe with the Shiny charm you'll have better luck than I ever did 7,7something eggs.. later I found my shiny oshawott, of course I had to misplace my Pokemon Black...if I can't find it I basically wasted a summer.

Miju ;-;

Thought it was time to post something. Soon after getting my Chikorita I kind of dropped my hunt and started fiddling with other games. Over the last week, I've been hunting like crazy though. Spending an insane amount of time trying to get my second Badge Quest shiny on Heart Gold. Now I find that I need a distraction while hunting or I start to feel mindlessly bored and tend to stop hunting. I normally watch something on TV youtube or listening to music but last night, thanks to Zane's suggestion, I started dual hunting. I got out my Soul Silver and started a hunt on Route 45 for Skarmory. This provided the distraction I needed to hunt for hours uninterrupted. So for now on, I'll be dual hunting as much as possible when REing

Oh yeah...I wouldn't be able to keep at hunting without Zane pestering me to keep at it I guess we keep each other sane when the hunts drive us crazy...so thanks

A little update on where I am with both hunts. I haven't completely been keeping track of REs so these are just rough numbers.

Heart Gold
    1 Badge
    27 hours played
    Around 5670 REs
    Main hunt taking place in Ilex Forest, hoping for an Oddish

Soul Silver
    6 Hours played
    Around 1260 REs

I really need to update my sig at some point, give it a new look, it is outdated and it seems that the creator of my shiny card no longer updates the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Guys, this might seem like a weird question, but Do any of you have any superstitions when it comes to shiny hunting? For example, does anyone follow a set routine? Do you reset the game after a certain amount of encounters, or do you just leave your game in sleep mode the entire time? Or do you hunt for a certain amount of time before saving the game and resetting? I don't know if any of this makes sense, but I wanted to see what all of you do. Is there a rhyme or reason to what you do, or do you just mindlessly KO random Pokémon until the sparkly one appears? Or do you just run from everything you see? Or do you vary it?

I'm really interested in seeing what you all had to say about this!
    Well I do a few things when it comes to REing...I SR at least every hour and I run from each battle to make the encounters as quick as possible. If I feel like it, sometimes I'll battle the pokemon.

For eggs...things vary. Sometimes I'll collect 5 eggs and hatch, other times, I'll fill a few boxes up with eggs then hatch them.

I guess I better get to it...it's 3 pm and I haven't started hunting yet today. I wish you all massive luck on your hunts and congratulations to everyone who has recently gotten a shiny. I would name you all but I think I would be here forever.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

Gratz to 201238 on Shellos!

Guess what? Community hunt complete x6!

After only 61 eggs shiny Seedot hatches!! 9th shiny this month. o_o

Only 61 eggs!@ Making this my shortest MM hunt. I was pretty nervous about the ability but it turned out he has Chlorophyll! I still have EIGHT more boxes to hatch which is kinda annoying but another shiny might be in one of those eggs and this gives me some time to think about my next hunt. I'm thinking of MMing DW Poliwag or Slowpoke or maybe one of the starters like Piplup, Oshawott or Snivy. I'm not too sure yet but we'll see.

@Zane Clarthy - I don't mind at all :]! I'm glad I could inspire some people to go after uncommon targets.

Good luck you all.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Congrats to maldoror on drifblim, KittyKitty3308 on eevee, dan2point5 on uxie and mesprit, TheMaster327 on stantler, Mr.Shinx on yamask and lapras, Cpchris on bidoof, Birds of Paradise on drilbur, 201238 on shellos and City of Delusion on lotad and seedot. Also congrats to any I missed.

Since my last post I've been focussing on getting my shiny skorupi or any shiny really outside reversal mountain. I do believe my shiny charm has gone on a holiday as I am now at 13,011 RE's since my shiny grumpig. I've also done a bit of hunting on both BQ's but nothing significant.

Hoping my shiny charm returns soon. Good luck to all on your hunts
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Congrats to 201238 on Shellos and to CoD on both Lotad and Seedot! 9 shinies so far this month is just crazy!

So far I've hit 600 SR's for Azelf and I'll continue later. Can't wait until I've got the set, I've wanted them for a while but just never got around to hunting them.

Good luck everyone.

I've been playing the games for about ten years now, since gen 2, and never once found a shiny. Waaaaaaaaaaah! What am I doing wrong? :'(
    Gen VI ~ Pokemon X

3DS Friend Code ~ 0989-2011-3032 ~ Fighting type friend zone: Pancham, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by little_phee View Post
    I've been playing the games for about ten years now, since gen 2, and never once found a shiny. Waaaaaaaaaaah! What am I doing wrong? :'(
    Nothing, you're just unlucky, but your case happened to a lot of other people. You see, shiny Pokémon are very rare, and it's totally natural that, if you're playing in your games without really "hunting", you won't find any shinies. To be honest with you, I also played in like 6 Pokémon games and, you know what ? I encountered only 4 random shinies without being looking for them. I can say I'm lucky but I restart my games too often so that's why it happened.

As for me, I think, not sure, I'm gonna chain for a shiny Skitty. I looked on Bulbapedia for Skitty's swarm and 40% is almost the encounter rate that I had with Shinx (45% with Static), so it won't be that bad. Problem is, if I don't find any shiny Skitty until tonight, I'll have to look for another Skitty swarm tomorrow (unless I'm still in a chain and I let it like that for the night)...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Sooo.. This afternoon I was casually playing through LeafGreen, just because I found it amongst my other games.. And half an hour or so into the game, I find a shiny Rattata. It has a Lonely nature, and it's ability is Guts. I immediately transferred it to my Pokemon Black file where I keep all my shinies.

Quite funny how I find a shiny, as soon as I decide to restart hunting. Im guessing its a good sign ^^. Wasn't able to film the encounter, as I was too scatterbrained to actually do anything.. But at least theres the picture n_n
    Last edited by Nakashima; 17th May 2013 at 4:11 PM.

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

So I was breeding some of my DWF's to trade on GTS Negotiations, and after 3 Dratinis failed to be female.... I FOUND A SHINY!!!

I was really surprised. 4th egg and I wasn't trying. First shiny I've ever hatched as well.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

well, i finally got my 3rd(4th if you count my mighteana that i lent to my friend, who never returned it)
    i now have
    vileplume (i have had this guy since my sappire)
    sableye (this is the one i just got)
    gyrados (yeah the rage lake one XD)

man this list is small compared to other peoples XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Congrats Nakashima on Ratatta and to Theashman on Dratini.

Well after 693 SR's Azelf just shined! I honestly can't believe how quick these 3 have appeared! So happy right now!

I'm gonna try get pics up later of all 3 :-)

For what it's worth, I got a shiny Pikachu in the boss battle today on rumble..
    Healthy, 242.

Congratz to andyhaj on Pidove, pokemaster13 on Mesprit, cocoadragon on Remoraid, Omishka on Tangela, Papousse on Shinx, JohnNiles on Rotom, maldoror on Drifblim, KittyKitty3308 on the 8th Eevee, dan2point5 on Uxie, TheMaster327 on Stantlers(s), Frost Mage on Ponyta, ~EternalDarkness~ on Beldum, NightHaze12 on Cyndaquil, Mr. Shinx on Yamask and Lapras (getting 2 shinies in 1 day mist be great!), Cpchris on Bidoof, Birds of Paradise on Drilbur, dan2point5 on Mesprit (I'm never lucky with SRing XD), Omishka on Tentacool, CBC on Minccino, City Of Delusion on Lotad & Seedot, 201238 on Shellos, JAWAYami on Dewgong, Nakashima on Rattata, the ash man83 on Dratini, dan2point5 on Azelf (I envy you O_O)!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Husky, Albert, Stallin, Silver, Nesmo, Curtis, Robin or Captain ? I don't have any ideas left, hope you like them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Kipper
    Sludge
    Slops
    Sloppy
    Fisher
    Swampy
    Marshall
    Swampal
    Boggs
    Muddy
    Sudsy
    Peater
    Gill
    Gilly
    Fludds
    Hydro
    Belarus
    Bracken
    River
    Thanks for the name suggestions guys. I like quit a few of them. Specially Marshall. XD

Anyways I'm still SRing for Vrizion. I really want it to shine for this months CH.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisymareep View Post
    Congrats to all the new shinies. I haven't update my sig but I been resetting for shiny snivy for 4 days now. I really hope it shine soon so I can start playing white over.
    Do you want to race? I'm also SRing for a shiny Snivy on my White version. XD
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Well, firstly, congrats to all shinies, particularly Seedot by City and Azelf by Dan. Speaking of Sinnoh-based shinies...

I GOT ONE

After slowing down a considerable amount in order to hunt other things, my Platinum BQ was on hold for two months or so. But today, as I was dual hunting on it and HG, guess what?
    Shiny ROSELIA! Yes, the lovely flower shone at 801 REs! Thank goodness it wasn't Ralts, Kirlia or Staravia, because they can all use Whirlwind or Teleport.

Pics later, but for me, a personal record. Four shinies in one month, and for the third time this month: Community Hunt Complete!
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Wow, looks like May has been a pretty awesome hunt for shinies! And it's not just a lot of people getting shinies, it's a lot of people getting multiple shinies. Congrats guys!

Looks like this is a pretty prime time to come out of lurking and pick up my SoulSilver BQ where I left off. 1 Badge so far, currently hunting along route 32 for my second shiny. 741 REs into that one so far, and I've got nearly an hour before I have to go back to work. I'm really hoping for Ekans to shine, but I'll be happy with whatever I get. ^^ Here's hoping I can get at least 1 shiny before the month is out. It won't begin to compare with what a lot of other hunters have had, but it'll be way more than I've gotten in the past several months. xD

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Hey, everybody! I'm back from our family holiday in Somerset - during which I found two shinies. n_n

The first was a shiny Persian in Fire Red on the 13th May. Sadly I was in the car, so I couldn't film the encounter. That two shinies I've found in this route (the other being Phanpy), but not the one I wanted most, a shiny Sentret. I'm going to continue hunting for shiny Sentret here though.

Then on the 15th May after 8562 encounters I found my 2nd Ruby badge quest shiny, a shiny Whismur. I'd been hoping for a shiny Nincada/Tailow, but this will do. And this time I was in our cottage at the time, so I could film the encounter.

Here's the video

Sorry for talking so softly in it; I didn't want the rest of my family to hear me filming.

I'm now at 810 encounters for my 3rd Ruby BQ shiny, and I'm at 1590 soft resets for shiny Tornadus.

Good luck guys, and congrats on all the new shinies I've missed while I've been away. ^.^

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Hey guys!
    Thanks for those who congratulated me!
    I am kinda short on time, so i'll give a ''congrats'' for the captures later!

I got another by chain.. (i know i've been getting only chained for a long time . )
    anyway, here it is!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdZvsHuo_U

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Page 213 of 947 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast