Page 214 of 915 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 22864

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Thanks for the congrats everyone ^^ Really stoked to be back now!
    Congratulations to everyone with a new shiny!

Is it too late to still get into this community hunt, or can anyone just hop right onto that bandwagon? Its a great idea, my first real hunt was a community hunt for Litwick n_n Was tons of fun!

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

Quote Originally Posted by Nakashima View Post

Is it too late to still get into this community hunt, or can anyone just hop right onto that bandwagon? Its a great idea, my first real hunt was a community hunt for Litwick n_n Was tons of fun!
    It runs for the whole month, so it's never too late :P
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Nakashima View Post

You can join in anytime =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Congrats Aqua! Seems like a lot of us are having exceptional luck this month!

Anyway heres the pics of my 3 awesome lake trio!

Uxie

Mesprit

Azelf

Battle

Congrats to Dan on the pixie trio completion and to city on the shiny seedot

As for me I'm hunting for a swinub in my SS I don't care if i get some repeats hopefully not to many golbats i just really want swinub
    I wouldn't mind a Jynx/Delibird but we'll see and in my Heartgold I'm still trying to get that pink mareep hopefully it doesn't take to long
    right now I'm 3320 for it and Day 2 of hunting for shiny swinub Good Luck everyone!
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Hi all,
    I am now 1830 Random encounters into my first ever shiny hunt. I'm hoping for a shiny Tangela as it looks cool and also nicely fits into the community hunt. Everyone's posts on this forum are what have inspired me to have a crack at shiny hunting and the new posts and stories daily keep me going.

Well done dan2point5 on the three lake guardians they look awesome and you seemed to get them fairly quickly!

I also was wondering the same question as a post from earlier, what are everyone's methods when RE'ing ?
    Do you not turn off until a shiny pokemon is found or do you reset every couple of hours?
    At the moment im not turning off until that Tangela comes my way.

Oh well at least works finished for the week now so i can have a solid weekend hunting.

Good luck to everyone on their weekend hunting!

^ I tend to leave my game on for a few days at a time when I'm REing.

I've been working on Virizion pretty solidly for a few days now (as much as I can anyways) and I think I've gone over the odds at this point. Hopefully my shiny charm kicks in soon

2 Rumble Shinies In a day!
    I know it's no hunting on a generation game put I did find a shiny Kadabra on rumble.
    Pikachu and Kadabra in a day..

I stupidly swapped my White 2 cartridge into another DS (so I could SR briefly with a DSi XL, which is quicker to start up than a 3DS), then woke my Dream world pokemon up. That was a really dumb move- now my clock is messed up. I'm going to be pretty mad if my nurseries don't reset at midnight. Thanks a lot, Gamefreak! May you stub your toes!

I may stock up on eggs or spend some time SR'ing instead. SR'ing for Lugia on SS is getting kind of boromh, so I looked up some of the other legendaries I can SR. If I push past Lugia and Ho-oh, I can get Groudon, Rayquaza, Latias, Mewtwo, the legendary birds, and the legendary dogs (pointless because of the Gamestop event). I'm kind of sad that I can't get Kyogre, but I have no intention of restarting on HG since that's where I put all my best stuff.

I've been holding off on restarting on Platinum because I was SR'ing Regis and I still have a ton of chained shinies still on the cart, but now that the Regis are in Gen V, I may move on. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina - are still unique to Gen IV and worthy targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    join avenue took 2 midnights to reset for me last time i did something like that (switching DS systems)
    Yep, you're right. To make sure people don't game the system, they make sure to punish us for an extra period. I'll bet the developer responsible for that system is patting himself on the back- I'd love to stuff a cream pie in his face. Now I'm bored and pissed... not sure if I can be bothered to gather a day's worth of eggs and hatch them via pass powers. I'm frustrated with SR'ing too - there's no way to rush it, other than running multiple DS'es at a time. Speaking of which, I'm annoyed at the 3DS's longer boot time (I push power in order to reduce the strain of repeatedly pushing buttons). I'm a lot happier rebooting a DSi XL... which is how I swapped cartridges and wound up in this mess in the first place. -_-;; SR'ing in Gen VI is going to be a huge pain.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 18th May 2013 at 6:33 AM.

join avenue took 2 midnights to reset for me last time i did something like that (switching DS systems)

My luck hasn't shined for me yet.
    But with my summer break approaching perhaps I'll get a shiny before the month is over...
    or until New Leaf comes out and I devout my time to it instead of my hunts.

Firstly Congratulations to all shinies since my last post!

Secondly I just hatched a shiny Bulbasaur after only 105 eggs on black 2! So that means Community Hunt Complete! Yes! The only thing now is I still have 6.5 boxes of Bulbasaur eggs still to hatch lol. I think I will start hatching 4 at a time from the boxes while collecting up Corphish eggs. On white version I have yet to hatcha shiny Squirtle but I will keep going and now I have shiny Bulbasaur I don't have to rush as I have completed the CH.

Thirdly good luck to everyone still hunting!
    Shinies are good.

Gratz on the recent shinies! Especially dan on completing the Lake Trio so quickly. I think after a few more MM hunts I'll complete the Lake trio as well.

Well I finally hatched through the rest of my Seedot eggs, no shiny but I'm happy with the shiny Seedot I have. Btw, here's its IVs

HP: 31
    Att: 24 - 25
    Def: 0 - 1
    SpA: 30 - 31
    SpD: 22 - 23
    Speed: 22 - 23

Lol @ defence but everything else is just great. :] So I decided my next MM hunt will be Staryu, its been a major want of mines for awhile now. The only downside is that since its genderless I can't sway the odds of the ability I want in my favor, so hopefully I get Natural Cure. Meanwhile in Soul Silver, my Qwilfish hunt is at day 8, hoping it doesn't take too much longer.

Thanks for the gratz everyone and good luck!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Tornadus. (SR)

Hey guys I'm back! I haven't had time for much hunting lately as I've been busy. However, I have time now so I'm getting back into it. Anyway, I did a few more RE's for Eevee while at the hairdresser today, and am on 10,441 RE's for that. Today's Saturday so I'll be hunting Squirtle for the rest of the day. I'm on 3,004 SR's for that and should hopefully get to 4,000 today. I'll be hunting it tommorow too. Here's hoping for some sparkles to fly soon! It's been over a month and a half since my last shiny. Oh and before I forget congrats to all the shinies while I was gone as well. Good luck to you all as always!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Hey, everybody! I'm back from our family holiday in Somerset - during which I found two shinies. n_n

The first was a shiny Persian in Fire Red on the 13th May. Sadly I was in the car, so I couldn't film the encounter. That two shinies I've found in this route (the other being Phanpy), but not the one I wanted most, a shiny Sentret. I'm going to continue hunting for shiny Sentret here though.

Then on the 15th May after 8562 encounters I found my 2nd Ruby badge quest shiny, a shiny Whismur. I'd been hoping for a shiny Nincada/Tailow, but this will do. And this time I was in our cottage at the time, so I could film the encounter.

Here's the video

Sorry for talking so softly in it; I didn't want the rest of my family to hear me filming.

I'm now at 810 encounters for my 3rd Ruby BQ shiny, and I'm at 1590 soft resets for shiny Tornadus.

Good luck guys, and congrats on all the new shinies I've missed while I've been away. ^.^
    Congrats, Helio .

I just hit 8,200 RE's for BQ shiny #3 and I'm honestly not expecting anything until after 10,000.

I think I will repel trick hunt for Seviper for BQ shiny #4, but I have no idea what to hunt after that since I changed my mind about attempting an Absol hunt until post game. Hopefully I figure something out by the time I get there :P.

Good luck on all hunts.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    I stupidly swapped my White 2 cartridge into another DS (so I could SR briefly with a DSi XL, which is quicker to start up than a 3DS), then woke my Dream world pokemon up. That was a really dumb move- now my clock is messed up. I'm going to be pretty mad if my nurseries don't reset at midnight. Thanks a lot, Gamefreak! May you stub your toes!

I may stock up on eggs or spend some time SR'ing instead. SR'ing for Lugia on SS is getting kind of boromh, so I looked up some of the other legendaries I can SR. If I push past Lugia and Ho-oh, I can get Groudon, Rayquaza, Latias, Mewtwo, the legendary birds, and the legendary dogs (pointless because of the Gamestop event). I'm kind of sad that I can't get Kyogre, but I have no intention of restarting on HG since that's where I put all my best stuff.

I've been holding off on restarting on Platinum because I was SR'ing Regis and I still have a ton of chained shinies still on the cart, but now that the Regis are in Gen V, I may move on. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina - are still unique to Gen IV and worthy targets.

Yep, you're right. To make sure people don't game the system, they make sure to punish us for an extra period. I'll bet the developer responsible for that system is patting himself on the back- I'd love to stuff a cream pie in his face. Now I'm bored and pissed... not sure if I can be bothered to gather a day's worth of eggs and hatch them via pass powers. I'm frustrated with SR'ing too - there's no way to rush it, other than running multiple DS'es at a time. Speaking of which, I'm annoyed at the 3DS's longer boot time (I push power in order to reduce the strain of repeatedly pushing buttons). I'm a lot happier rebooting a DSi XL... which is how I swapped cartridges and wound up in this mess in the first place. -_-;; SR'ing in Gen VI is going to be a huge pain.
    How does the nursery work exactly?
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

Grats on recent shiny finds

I decided to change 2 of my hunts...RE is going to Route 5(hoping for Solosis..and my MM target is switching to Oddish( 2 reasons..1 everyone was doing Lotad...2 realized i love/need a shiny Poison Pokemon XD), or i might try getting a shiny DW ability Jumpluff...also i may go back to Ludicolo later but we'll see :P

Good Luck on all hunts!

EDIT: decided to try for DW Hoppip 1st then Oddish(have not hatched a shiny with DW ability yet...so ill give it a shot :P
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 18th May 2013 at 10:00 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Marvs View Post
    How does the nursery work exactly?
    Nursery is one of the shop options on Join Avenue. It's not available at the beginning - you need to get the avenue up to level 15(?) or so. You level the avenue by directing customers to the shops they want to go to, and recruit shopkeepers from among those customers. I have only been able to recruit nursery-type shopkeepers from NPC "fans" that you get from doing various activities.

Using a nursery is pretty simple. You use a hatch power on a single egg to try and hatch it. Like the other shops, nurseries have slots for powers and the number and level of slots increases as you level the shop. At max level, the level and number of slots looks like this: 5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,1. Hatch level 5, the highest, will hatch ANY egg. It's really handy for eggs with high step counts. The shops refresh every midnight, unless you tamper with the clock/save on another DS, which is what I was yelling about earlier.

Some people just run a single maxed nursery and SR their eggs. I prefer to run a lot of nurseries (6 out of 8 shops) which is enough for 75-80 eggs, then use pass powers if I'm still in the mood.

Solved my anger/boredom by falling asleep instead of working on what I was working on. ^^; Guess I'll continue tomorrow.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 18th May 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Nursery is one of the shop options on Join Avenue. It's not available at the beginning - you need to get the avenue up to level 15(?) or so. You level the avenue by directing customers to the shops they want to go to, and recruit shopkeepers from among those customers. I have only been able to recruit nursery-type shopkeepers from NPC "fans" that you get from doing various activities.

Using a nursery is pretty simple. You use a hatch power on a single egg to try and hatch it. Like the other shops, nurseries have slots for powers and the number and level of slots increases as you level the shop. At max level, the level and number of slots looks like this: 5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,1. Hatch level 5, the highest, will hatch ANY egg. It's really handy for eggs with high step counts. The shops refresh every midnight, unless you tamper with the clock/save on another DS, which is what I was yelling about earlier.

Some people just run a single maxed nursery and SR their eggs. I prefer to run a lot of nurseries (6 out of 8 shops) which is enough for 75-80 eggs, then use pass powers if I'm still in the mood.

Solved my anger/boredom by falling asleep instead of working on what I was working on. ^^; Guess I'll continue tomorrow.
    could you collect eggs, use the nursery to quickly hatch (say a batch of 20) then SR your DS, rinse and repeat?
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Quote Originally Posted by Marvs View Post
    could you collect eggs, use the nursery to quickly hatch (say a batch of 20) then SR your DS, rinse and repeat?
    An egg's contents is set when you receive the egg - so if you SR for the same eggs, they will always have the same natures, IVs etc. (Including whether or not they are shiny)
    Also, something to note, is that it costs money to hatch your eggs there - maybe that's not a problem for you, I don't know. I save my money quite extensively to make sure I will always be able to get my Pokemon out of the daycare, since they usually reach level 100 if I'm MMing.

Anyway, I've changed my methods - instead of doing the CH and resetting each month, I've decided to do hunts and not stop until I've gotten a shiny. I saw someone else was hunting for a Nidoran, and I thought that would be a nice one to start with, since you can get either a Nidoran F or M from eggs, so it would make it a bit more exciting for a longer-term hunt. So far I've got about 170 eggs hatched.

Good luck everyone!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    An egg's contents is set when you receive the egg - so if you SR for the same eggs, they will always have the same natures, IVs etc. (Including whether or not they are shiny)
    Also, something to note, is that it costs money to hatch your eggs there - maybe that's not a problem for you, I don't know. I save my money quite extensively to make sure I will always be able to get my Pokemon out of the daycare, since they usually reach level 100 if I'm MMing.

Anyway, I've changed my methods - instead of doing the CH and resetting each month, I've decided to do hunts and not stop until I've gotten a shiny. I saw someone else was hunting for a Nidoran, and I thought that would be a nice one to start with, since you can get either a Nidoran F or M from eggs, so it would make it a bit more exciting for a longer-term hunt. So far I've got about 170 eggs hatched.

Good luck everyone!
    Sorry, I'm new to the joint avenue - completely skipped it on my playthrough! Could you collect say 20 eggs, quick hatch them then reset your ds, collect 20 eggs and quick hatch them and so on?

On subject to the thread, I am currently hunting for a shiny magnemite and SR for a starter on soul silver, no luck yet!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

I've been so busy lately, but I have news! First, I've been hunting in Icirrus City. I had started this earlier, but never really announced it, and on Wednesday, after 1347 RE's, I found a female shiny Croagunk! Dry Skin with Relaxed nature, so it's not bad at all.

That's not all, though. The very next day, after spending 6 hours working on one AP Government assignment, I went on to train Croagunk in Route 20, and the first thing to appear is a shiny male Pidove! Naive nature too, so not bad at all!

Next, I'll finally go back to Mewtwo, and hopefully that won't be long. Until then, good luck everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Grats to everyone on their new shiny pokemon and I wish luck to those of you still hunting!

As for myself, I'm on to Virbank City to take on Roxie for my second badge of my BQ. Finally this afternoon after 9,521 REs on Route 20 shiny PIdove shined for me! I had a feeling it would be Pidove and I'm very happy for this shiny as it was the gender I was hoping for. I don't really like male Pidove all that much (I think it's the mask), and I prefer the female's shiny form more.
    I was hoping for Purrloin or Venipede, but this was my third choice and I'm glad to just be moving on. Any name suggestions?
    Last edited by Wyverndust; 18th May 2013 at 11:23 PM.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/Th...c8ae9.jpg.html

LOL 9,224 SRs this appears... (sorry new computer is backwards...) Timid sync and what do I get? Jolly...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Congrats to Nakashima on rattata, dan2point5 on azelf, AquaRegisteel on roselia, Heliotrope on whismur, 201238 on kricketune, Scrufox86 on bulbasaur, gustavo14 on pidove and croagunk, wyverndust on pidove and anyone I missed.

I'm currently equal parts happy and annoyed. After 13,944 encounters with the shiny charm another shiny grumpig appeared. Over 19,000 encounters in total and 3000 eggs and no shiny skorupi. I'm now going to give up on my hunt for skorupi as at this time it's been a total failure and am now going to focus on my BQ's. I am happy with another shiny but hoped that if skorupi didn't shine it would be something I didn't have yet. All well that's the way it goes sometimes.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Page 214 of 915 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast