Page 22 of 890 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

No, you should MM. it's easier than Sring.
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

Gratz on all recent shinies everyone c:
    Happy with my 2 shiny zubat from route 207, going on to phase 3.
    Continuing my Zangoose MM (490 eggs)
    And route 3 hunt (2,500 RE's)
    Last edited by darkdrapion; 28th November 2012 at 8:57 PM.

My MM and BQ have been on hold...D;

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkyurem View Post
    33 more SRs so far...
    Maybe by Christmas.
    That's how I'm feeling right now with my Eevee hunt You're not alone

Congrats on the recent shinies, but I feel bad for Dylz that now 2 people today have gotten shiny Metangs and you're still hunting ˇ.ˇ

Also, I'd like some people's opinions...

The idea of a BQ sounds okay to me - not something I REALLY want to do, but something that still seems interesting and fairly fun. But if I do one, it won't be due to a reset of my Black 2 since I really don't want to reset any of my games...I just don't like that idea. And this would never be something I do as a primary way to play the games (ie. If/when R/S remakes come out, this won't be how I play through it the first time). In other words, no matter what, I'll be buying a new game to do a BQ.

That being said, I'm fairly set on the idea that if I ever do a BQ, I'll get White 2. Today's black friday, and on amazon, it's on sale ("on sale") for $30. Can I get a better price some other time? Maybe closer to Christmas? I'm really in no rush for it, since I already have hunts I'll want to do on Black 2 first, plus school atm, plus work (I'll probably be working 40 hours/week by next Spring), plus whatever else. So there's definitely no need for me to get it today other than the possibility of getting it at a cheaper price. And I haven't really checked anywhere else - I think I checked 1 or 2 stores' sites and they weren't on sale at all.

Also, I have $100 on one of my amazon accounts just from PrizeRebel, which I was saving for anything I might want at some point, whether it be a future game system or game or whatever. Basically my main reason for picking amazon.

I'm assuming anyone's answer will be to wait, but I figured I'd check since I don't know much about game prices/black friday shopping, so maybe $30 will be about as good a sale as I can get on just the game.

Anyways, good luck hunting everyone.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkyurem View Post
    No, you should MM. it's easier than Sring.
    Oh sorry I meant hatching by MM. So SR every 5 eggs recieved and hatched

EDIT: save before recieving the eggs and SR after hatching them is what I mean...

2nd EDIT: This is kind of ironic but I just got a shiny Pachirisu (!!!!!!!!!) with this method xD omg finally some luck
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 23rd November 2012 at 9:02 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

I was just going to evolve a Burmy into Mothim at route 15 on my W2 and I ran into a shiny Gligar! Just made my day so much awesomer.
    White 2 FC 5158 0942 4050

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    I think shininess along with IVs and such are determined when you receive the egg, not when you hatch it. So SRing a team of eggs wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    It is your way.
    I have beenon a BQ that I started yesterday. 63 Srs. Some people would've found it by now.
    Edit:Not on Ivs anymore.
    Fairywitch's last artwork below:

Shiny Hunts:

BQ#1 Game Lost

Yeah, you save before you recieve the eggs, then SR for a certain nature you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    That's how I'm feeling right now with my Eevee hunt You're not alone

Congrats on the recent shinies, but I feel bad for Dylz that now 2 people today have gotten shiny Metangs and you're still hunting ˇ.ˇ

Also, I'd like some people's opinions...

The idea of a BQ sounds okay to me - not something I REALLY want to do, but something that still seems interesting and fairly fun. But if I do one, it won't be due to a reset of my Black 2 since I really don't want to reset any of my games...I just don't like that idea. And this would never be something I do as a primary way to play the games (ie. If/when R/S remakes come out, this won't be how I play through it the first time). In other words, no matter what, I'll be buying a new game to do a BQ.

That being said, I'm fairly set on the idea that if I ever do a BQ, I'll get White 2. Today's black friday, and on amazon, it's on sale ("on sale") for $30. Can I get a better price some other time? Maybe closer to Christmas? I'm really in no rush for it, since I already have hunts I'll want to do on Black 2 first, plus school atm, plus work (I'll probably be working 40 hours/week by next Spring), plus whatever else. So there's definitely no need for me to get it today other than the possibility of getting it at a cheaper price. And I haven't really checked anywhere else - I think I checked 1 or 2 stores' sites and they weren't on sale at all.

Also, I have $100 on one of my amazon accounts just from PrizeRebel, which I was saving for anything I might want at some point, whether it be a future game system or game or whatever. Basically my main reason for picking amazon.

I'm assuming anyone's answer will be to wait, but I figured I'd check since I don't know much about game prices/black friday shopping, so maybe $30 will be about as good a sale as I can get on just the game.

Anyways, good luck hunting everyone.
    I'm almost positive the price will go down before Christmas but if you want it sooner I'd maybe wait until Monday if you're getting it online. Cyber monday usually has better online prices than black friday. Good luck either way.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Well, after some thinking I'm going to stop breeding for a shiny heracross (after only 25 eggs and getting a non-shiny with perfect speed IV's) and attempt to get one that is also jolly and hopefully good stats later on since I'm breeding one for my team anyway.

So most likely I will just focus on breeding shinies that I think look cool for now, like Swellow, since there's a swarm now and I need for my dex.

Congrats on the new shinies since my last post.

Well, I have just gone over 3,000 SRs, at exactly 3,015. Now I would be beginning to "expect" Lugia to shine, but I'll wait before wnating it to appear.

Should be fun.

Massive congrats on the black dragon Rayquaza, Kitty! Also, that Pachirisu that shone is quite nice. Good luck all, hoping for my shiny between 4,000 and 5,000 SRs.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

After hatching about a hundred more Staryus, I have no space left in my boxes. Is there a faster way to get rid of all the excess Staryus than releasing them one by one? I figured out how to select an entire box of Pokemon at once but it seems like I can only move them to different boxes.

hatch the 5 in your party, but save before you get any of them. then if none are shiny, just SR and get them again. the pokemons stats and IVs are chosen as soon as you get the egg

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Well, I have just gone over 3,000 SRs, at exactly 3,015. Now I would be beginning to "expect" Lugia to shine, but I'll wait before wnating it to appear.

Should be fun.

Massive congrats on the black dragon Rayquaza, Kitty! Also, that Pachirisu that shone is quite nice. Good luck all, hoping for my shiny between 4,000 and 5,000 SRs.
    Yeah I expected my Latios to shine around 3k. Nearly 6k later and still no shiny xD
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    hatch the 5 in your party, but save before you get any of them. then if none are shiny, just SR and get them again. the pokemons stats and IVs are chosen as soon as you get the egg
    This, or what I do is when I go to place them in the box, instead of actually placing them in the box, I just release them while they are in my party. It is easy for me to keep track because I always have more eggs waiting for me in the boxes to grab. I used to hatch them all, box all the non shinies, and then mass release. The mass release would take like 5-10 minutes in itself. By releasing them in you pc while they are in your party makes it faster.

Side note- Just got my shiny charm in W2 and am about to start trading with my B2 to get it in there. So excited to see what December's hunt will be! :3 Happy hunting everyone and congrats on those Metang guys! Makes me want to hunt it again!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    This is actually a very handy method of using the MM. With the help from the Nursery I managed to hatch a shiny Pachirisu in less than 7 hours from a total of 237 eggs ^^
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Already 2 people beating me to a shiny Metang... I'm now on 1.3k Randon encounters, Hope it wil shine tomorrow.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

=( 930 eggs now in this blasted shroomish hunt. Two medium hunts and i'm cruising back towards 4 figure... Gl^ dylz you'll get it soon, gl to all applicable
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

i can never continue mm.
    i always just lose focus

Hi everyone! Before I start squeeing congratiez on all the recent shinies. SHINY FLIPPING BALTOY APPEARED ON BLACK 2 ENGLISH VERSION!!!!!! I was hunting for Krokorok on Black 2 in Relic Castle and just after I said i'd probably find a shiny before a krokorok BAM! Shiny Baltoy! I named it LimeRush and deciding if I should name it GoldRush..

Picture and youtube video(SQUEEEE VIDEO CAMERA PHONE) coming soon on this post~*

GL to everyone on there hunts~!
    Last edited by EmiiLava; 23rd November 2012 at 11:27 PM.

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

God, Sring is soooooo annoying. Maybe i should trade over two charmanders and get one over GTS for MMing. *sighhh*

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Congrats on the Baltoy. A nice shiny that you don't really see much of. Good work!

Until the community hunt begins I'm gonna preoccupy myself with a little MM hunt for a shiny I've always wanted... Shiny Caterpie! I've just boxed up 150 eggs so I'll start hatching them tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Oh Em Gee!!!!!!!! I decided to take a small break from my paper and SR some for Rayquaza and on my FIRST try today, SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!!
    Awesome, Kitty! I bet it was a shock seeing it on the first SR of the day ... that's amazing luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    I hope I get a shiny one soon, because I'm starting to lose the will to keep going. =/
    Senrab, I know that you don't have to listen to me, but don't give up, especially after all that work you put into it. Just make sure you're doing something else at the time, like watching a DVD or something. Otherwise it can get very mentally draining. Give up AFTER you've finished your hunt, if you want to. Although, at the end of the day, it's your choice! We all know how it is sometimes, though, but just persevere with it for that rush.

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    SHINY FLIPPING BALTOY APPEARED ON BLACK 2 ENGLISH VERSION!!!!!!
    Congrats, lavaburst! I found a shiny Baltoy long ago, when I was hunting for everything but, and he/she/it has really grown on me in the meantime. It's a very weird looking ... thing ... but I still really like it regardless.

Not too long now and I'll have the Unova dex complete ...it feels pretty good! I just realised that I have to evolve Sneasel at night, which is a bummer. I was hoping to have it done by the end of today to get that Round Charm. No shiny has found its way to me yet, which is also a bit of a bummer!

I went and confronted Kyurem for the first time ever last night. The battle made me laugh. I had my Leavanny up front, and she used X-Scissor twice, because I couldn't be bothered switching in another Pokemon, and then I threw one Dusk Ball, and it was caught! I was just thinking that if it happened to be a shiny Kyurem, I probably would have sat there for hours trying to stuff it in a ball, gritting my teeth and hoping it doesn't struggle, etc. Just the way, huh?
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 23rd November 2012 at 11:58 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

starting a BQ in SS hopping for tododile
    My shiny pokemon:

re in Celestial tower:

Page 22 of 890 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast