Page 222 of 937 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 23419

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Mh. I have a plan, but I hate the Masuda Method.
    I would like to get a shiny Mime Jr. but if I don't get a male one, I'll be disapointed. However, chaining one in Diamond will be twice harder than Shinx, since it's not the most common in the region and I'm not an expert for chaining, but if I managed to get to chain 40, I'll just have to be careful and I could get as much Mime Jr. as I want. What should I do, guys ?
    Hmm have you thought of REing for it but since your already at a chain of 40 I'd keep going until I get a male but then again i had a chain of 40 that went on to the next day before o.o and it can be broken by another shiny xD the pokeradar is a messed up device. good luck on whatever you do .

As for my mareep hunt now at 8819 REs from when i got ratatta so 1419 more REs I'm not expecting anything to soon and my swinub hunt is now @ day 10 lol swinub stop hiding and show your grey self .
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by ~EternalDarkness~ View Post
    So many shinies since my last post, congrats to all of you

I use my DS lites when I SR, though I might start only using the kinda broken one from now on.

Not much progress on my current hunt, I've been preoccupied with Gates to Infinity. I've finished it now so I can focus all my attention back on hunting. 360 eggs hatched for Squirtle and I'm thinking of putting it on hold to start SRing again. Either gonna resume Kabuto on Black 2 or I might blow the dust off a long abandoned hunt on SoulSilver. Kabuto is at 334 SR's while I had 1850 SR's at the game corner.

Only stopped the SoulSilver hunt because I was hunting Dratini and then found out about the one in White 2... so I think I'll switch to Sandshrew.

Good luck everyone!
    SR for an extremespeed one, that way it'll be different

Sorry I'm a little late, but take care of yourself, Dangertrout.

Thanks to Paddy, YNCRN, City of Delusion and Lunafloon!

And congrats to (whew!) Cyndajay x3, *Murkrow x2, YNCRN, 201238, City of Delusion x2, Master Leo x2, Scrufox86 x2, Shiny Lord, pokemaster13, wyverndust, cocoadragon, (I think those Jynx just want to give you a big kiss, that's all!) Ampharos_Spark, ElectricBassClef, Jessara!!, Storm_Dragoon!, Shadowkrow, Laurelai, maldoror, and Benny4893!!! Great work and dedication there, guys! Also, that story sucks, Kyle ...

Well, I've been hunting on HG since I got my last shiny, Woobat, and I just found my next one half an hour ago! I have been going pretty intense with the hunting since Woobat. It was time to head to bed, however, so I put the game in sleep mode, after collecting five Pokémon, and did all that usual stuff, like brushed my teeth, locked up, put wood on the fire, etc. I didn't really think much of it until about half an hour later, when I hopped into bed, put on my headphones, and I began to settle down for another hunting session for a couple of hours or so, depending on how much longer I could stay awake for. (Yes, I 'm aware that I sound like I've hunted too much lately, in relation to those posts a few pages back ... but I sometimes just really feel like doing it, and it's not like I'm only focused on the game. I'm usually doing it whenever I'm doing something else.)

Anyway, imagine my shock when I scrolled through the Pokémon, and I saw that star. It made me laugh, because I basically had no idea I was walking around with a new shiny waiting for me for about half an hour, and I was this close to SRing again due to habit! I really did feel taken aback!

So, there we go!

Still trying to think of a name for him! Pretty wicked! I can't wait to evolve him.

Here's the difference between the two colours, by the way. He will look so nice when he's an Alakazam.
        Spoiler:- [SPOILER:

Anyway, this means that I have found 8 shinies on my HG ... however, I am in two frames of mind about whether my Torchic counts or not. Having said that, it might actually turn out that I hunt once more ... but I don't know. I guess I will work out the finer details later!

Good luck everyone!

Also, I like the contest idea!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 25th May 2013 at 5:28 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Zane, that Torchic would count. Dan2.5 did a MM hunt for Slugma in a BQ a while back, and I think I've seen it happen on YT as well. You've essentially completed it!

As for each shiny, congratulations! Good luck to all (particularly DangerTrout, sorry about that).

For me, I'm at 2,500 REs in Platinum and at 2,600 in HG. I've dual hunted all day, so 600 in each is pretty neat progress!

(P.s I did walk my dog for at least an hour and took breaks during hunting, so I haven't been sitting down all day XD)
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I would like to get a shiny Mime Jr. but if I don't get a male one, I'll be disapointed. However, chaining one in Diamond will be twice harder than Shinx, since it's not the most common in the region and I'm not an expert for chaining, but if I managed to get to chain 40, I'll just have to be careful and I could get as much Mime Jr. as I want. What should I do, guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Sorry I'm a little late, but take care of yourself, Dangertrout.

Thanks to Paddy, YNCRN, City of Delusion and Lunafloon!

And congrats to (whew!) Cyndajay x3, *Murkrow x2, YNCRN, 201238, City of Delusion x2, Master Leo x2, Scrufox86 x2, Shiny Lord, pokemaster13, wyverndust, cocoadragon, (I think those Jynx just want to give you a big kiss, that's all!) Ampharos_Spark, ElectricBassClef, Jessara!!, Storm_Dragoon!, Shadowkrow, Laurelai, maldoror, and Benny4893!!! Great work and dedication there, guys! Also, that story sucks, Kyle ...

Well, I've been hunting on HG since I got my last shiny, Woobat, and I just found my next one half an hour ago! I have been going pretty intense with the hunting since Woobat. It was time to head to bed, however, so I put the game in sleep mode, after collecting five Pokémon, and did all that usual stuff, like brushed my teeth, locked up, put wood on the fire, etc. I didn't really think much of it until about half an hour later, when I hopped into bed, put on my headphones, and I began to settle down for another hunting session for a couple of hours or so, depending on how much longer I could stay awake for. (Yes, I 'm aware that I sound like I've hunted too much lately, in relation to those posts a few pages back ... but I sometimes just really feel like doing it, and it's not like I'm only focused on the game. I'm usually doing it whenever I'm doing something else.)

Anyway, imagine my shock when I scrolled through the Pokémon, and I saw that star. It made me laugh, because I basically had no idea I was walking around with a new shiny waiting for me for about half an hour, and I was this close to SRing again due to habit! I really did feel taken aback!

So, there we go!

Still trying to think of a name for him! Pretty wicked! I can't wait to evolve him.

Here's the difference between the two colours, by the way. He will look so nice when he's an Alakazam.
        Spoiler:- [SPOILER:

Anyway, this means that I have found 8 shinies on my HG ... however, I am in two frames of mind about whether my Torchic counts or not. Having said that, it might actually turn out that I hunt once more ... but I don't know. I guess I will work out the finer details later!

Good luck everyone!

Also, I like the contest idea!
    Oh yeah, great job, Zane ! So glad for you !
    Hm. Why did you caught five Abra ? I mean, when shiny hunting, you usually don't catch every of them ? You didn't saw the sparkles ? Strange story, but worth it, I guess.
    Anyway, this is great, your Heart Gold Badge Quest is almost over ! Well, that's what I think. Of course you should count Torchic, you still worked hard on it, I don't see why it shouldn't count. After all, a shiny is a shiny. Well I usually don't like to have other starters in my game, a starter is precious, so keeping one at the time has always been my personnal rule. If you don't want to count it, I will understand, then. I think a Water type or that golden Hoothoot should be your last ! Congratulations once again !
    For names, you know how much I am good to find some, eheh. Why not, Esper (Psychic type's Japanese original name), Wisdom, Sight, Danael or Sharpain (pretty original, a mixt or share and pain, and also sharp) ?
    Good luck on what you're planning next ! I guess it's all up to you to decide what to do, search for another one or finish it right away !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 25th May 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Oh yeah, great job, Zane ! So glad for you !
    Hm. Why did you caught five Abra ? I mean, when shiny hunting, you usually don't catch every of them ? You didn't saw the sparkles ? Strange story, but worth it, I guess.
    Anyway, this is great, your Heart Gold Badge Quest is almost over ! Well, that's what I think. Of course you should count Torchic, you still worked hard on it, I don't see why it shouldn't count. After all, a shiny is a shiny. Well I usually don't like to have other starters in my game, a starter is precious, so keeping one at the time has always been my personnal rule. If you don't want to count it, I will understand, then. I think a Water type or that golden Hoothoot should be your last ! Congratulations once again !
    For names, you know how much I am good to find some, eheh. Why not, Esper (Psychic type's Japanese original name), Wisdom, Sight, Danael or Sharpain (pretty original, a mixt or share and pain, and also sharp) ?
    Good luck on what you're planning next ! I guess it's all up to you to decide what to do, search for another one or finish it right away !
    If I'm not mistaken, Zane was buying Abras at the Game Corner until he got a shiny one. That's why he has five

Speaking of this, does the frame advance every time you talk to an NPC? Is that why this trick works?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I posted on here, but after my shiny Eevee, I didn't hunt for like a whole week, and then I hunted without saying a word about what I was hunting for. I have been hunting for BQ number 4 since then, and finally today, I got it. One of my dream shinies, Braviary. I got it from Route 4.

#628 Braviary [Naive]
    IVs: 21 / 10 - 13 / 14 - 17 / 10 - 13 / 2 - 5 / 0 - 3
    Stats at Lv.25: 90|0 / 69|0 / 46|0 / 36|0 / 38|0 / 49|0

Again, sorry for my absence, congrats to every single shiny that I've missed in my two months gone, and good luck to all on their hunts!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

I chained for Mime Jr. back in my Diamond a looooong time ago. Its a really cool shiny (I dont think I evolved it) and I think you should go for it. Plus chaining any pokemon gives you more practice to chain the next.

As for my Sapphire BQ, I am at 2,000 RE's in Petalburg Woods. I decided not to Repel Trick and instead decided to put my Macho Brace to use since I got Pokerus while hunting my 2nd BQ shiny. Managed to evolve Grovyle into Sceptile with a big boost in Defense/Speed due to fighting level 5/6 pokemon. Training Swabu and Lairon as well.
    Last edited by Master Leo; 25th May 2013 at 6:41 PM.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

OK I have update - no shiny since my bulbasaur trio. But I have hatched 500 Squirtle eggs with a box and a half left. I am hoping there is a shiny in there. I have also began hatching on black 2, I have hatched just over 80 eggs of Corphish but no shiny yet. I am hoping to get a water shiny for the second type of the CH before the month ends. If not I will still be pleased as I got my first MM triple shinies (Three bulbasaur). I am still going for the shiny Squirtle to complete my kanto trio. I may if I opt not to do the CH for June try to MM some more shiny Charmander.

About next months CH.... I think the new idea of having ten pokemon families is a good one, I would definitely be up for doing that. It does depend on what ten families are chosen though. But I will continues doing personal MM's if I choose not to do the CH for June anyway so no problem.

Congratulations to *Murkrow* on Drifblim, shiny lord on treecko, pokemaster13 on frillish, wyverndust on feebas , master leo on volbeat , cocoadragon on rattata, Nighthaze12 on abra , ampharos_spark on boldore, electricbassclef on audino and patrat, jessara on oddish, city of delusion on corsola, storm_dragoon on tornadus, shadowkrow on ducklett, laurelai on eevee, maldoror on ditto, johnNiles on yamask and exeggcute, benny4893 on krabby, zane clarthy on abra and theeliteempoleon on braviary as well as any others I may have missed since my last post.
    Shinies are good.

Basically if you DO manage to get to chain 40, just keep resetting the radar until a shiny patch appears. Seriously though, the radar is touchy, like I said, I've had moments where my chain has just disappeared while resetting. IF you really don't like MM, then chaining is the way to go, just keep in mind that when chaining your options are severely more limited. :3 Plus, with all the variables of chaining, while it may not take as LONG as doing MM, its a LOT more nerve racking and it will make you really angry when your chain breaks for no reason. lol. As long as you're prepared to have your chains break and have to start over, maybe a lot, then go ahead and chain. Cause I mean, on the flip side, I managed to get 5 shiny Eevees in one chain while chaining in trophy garden. Sometimes it can be really lucky.

If you need some tips on chaining, I'll be more than happy to help. ^^
    Last edited by cheshireusagi; 25th May 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Yes!!! My shiny drought has just ended A shiny geodude has just appeared in my leaf green badge quest run through! I don't have a shiny geodude (or any pokemon in the rock tunnel area) yet, so I'm extremely excited to get geodude. I have a picture, but I'm not at a computer so I will update this with a picture later.

So now are the questions. What should I nickname my geodude (she's a girl)? And while we're at it, what should I nickname my Charizard (he's a boy)? And last question, where should I hunt next for my badge quest?

Thanks for answering, and best of luck to everyone on their hunts!

Edit: I guess the picture attached anyway! So there is my geodude
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

What is a badge quest?
    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS friend code: 4141-3424-3687 Pokemon X IGN: AMARION Pokemon Y IGN: ANAIS

Current Masuda Method: shiny with hasty nature about 160 eggs hatched so far

Offering an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with gentle nature
    Looking for an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with adamant nature

Looking for a shiny preferably with neutral nature and natural cure/regenerator ability

Hatched a shiny via Masuda Method with lonely nature 2 eggs 7/5/14 SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtwig was an accidental shiny hatching. I couldn't ask for a better accidental shiny. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    Yes!!! My shiny drought has just ended A shiny geodude has just appeared in my leaf green badge quest run through! I don't have a shiny geodude (or any pokemon in the rock tunnel area) yet, so I'm extremely excited to get geodude. I have a picture, but I'm not at a computer so I will update this with a picture later.

So now are the questions. What should I nickname my geodude (she's a girl)? And while we're at it, what should I nickname my Charizard (he's a boy)? And last question, where should I hunt next for my badge quest?

Alright, another one !
    So glad for you, too bad it's a female, but I also once encountered a shiny female Geodude (that I killed by a critical hit, saddly) so I'm fine with it ! As for names, ehm, I'm not the best for finding nicknames, but I have this... Metora, Anita, Chantal, Cassiopae or Andromeda ? And for the Charizard, I think of Aden, Matheus, Kenneth, Daniel or Fiery ?
    And last, for your next hunt, let me think of it... I'm a bit confused since Kanto's region where you can go everywhere, without "traced path", like Unova. Fishing or surfing a Pokémon would be interestind, since, I think, you need a Water type. Do you have access to Fushia City to get the Good Rod (or else there's the Old Rod at Vermillon) ? I propose you to hunt for a Krabby or Horsea at any place (with the help of the Good Rod) where you can found them, like Vermillon City. If you prefer a on-land hunt, then I suggest you to go on Route 16 to hunt for a Doduo (Pokémon that I like a lot) or you could hunt for Eevee offered at Celadon City by soft reset, with who you'll get the possibility to decide its type when evolving.
    Good luck !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 25th May 2013 at 11:11 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by I love turtwig!!! View Post
    What is a badge quest?
    It's when you play through a game, getting a shiny before you take on each of the eight gyms, so in the end you beat the game, and you get eight shinies. It's pretty fun.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by I love turtwig!!! View Post
    What is a badge quest?
    A badge quest is a self imposed challenge that some hunters do to challenge themselves. Its basic rule is that u can not fight the gym leader unless u have a new shiny in ur party. So basically u start off with a shiny starter which means u can fight the first gym leader but u cant fight the second gym until u find another one so basically a shiny b4 each badge which means it might take months b4 u finish the game but its pretty admirable to finish a badge quest

Congrats on the Geodude.

Since you chose Rock Tunnel for your 4th, you have a lot of choses for your 5th. The ones I can think of atm:

SR Hunt: Game Corner
    SR Hunt: Eevee in Celadon
    Fish RE Hunt: Krabby/Poliwag/Magikarp/Goldeen
    RE Hunt: Safari Zone (risky, but exciting)
    RE Hunt: Routes East of Fushia for Venonat, Ditto, Bellsprout, etc.
    RE Hunt: Route West of Lavender/East of Celadon for Meowth, Pidgey, Vulpix, Bellsprout.
    RE Hunt: For Gastly/Cubone in Lavender Town

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Good luck :P.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Congrats on Geodude and the other shinies!

In addition to the areas above, you could RE in Celadon for a Grimer...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Well, I'm at that point where I'm convinced I'll never see Volcarona shine. D:
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Well, I'm at that point where I'm convinced I'll never see Volcarona shine. D:
    Aww dont give up! It may be difficult but in the end it worth it
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shuckle View Post
    Aww dont give up! It may be difficult but in the end it worth it
    Yeah, don't give up! Anyone who followed the last shiny thread knows why I'm posting this. My first SR hunt, for Rayquaza, felt exactly like that. Sure, my hunt was at least three times longer than you'd ever want a hunt to be, but if you keep going, you will find that shiny Volcarona!

As for my current SR hunt for Mewtwo, I'm finally nearing 2000 SR's. Having two games to hunt on at once is really helping me get a nice amount of resets in without taking up too much of my day. I'd really like to finish this hunt so that I can move on to something else, since I've promised myself not to start another hunt until this one is done. Meanwhile, good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Oh, sorry to bother you guys but I have shiny news, once again !
    So this morning I asked if I should hunt for a Mime Jr. via chaining. I decided to try, but the chain broke at 13. So to relax, I went to see Dawn's sister who gave me the swarming Pokémon of the day, wich was, surprisingly, a Pokémon that I've been looking for so long. So I decided to chain and it gave great results.

At chain 41, I'm please to introduce my first shiny Skitty !
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/750414DSCF1925.jpg
    So yes, this one was a male with Normalize while I was looking for a female with Cute Charm... Not a great match. It basically have a Jolly nature wich is one of the best nature for Skitty, I think.

Next, at chain 42, my first female of the group, the second shiny Skitty !
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/796926DSCF1927.jpg
    This one is actually the one I'm gonna use. It's a female with Cute Charm as her ability, like I wanted, and her nature is Naughty, wich is okay. Doesn't she look cute ? The perfect one !

Finally, at chain 44 (while resetting at chain 43, I accidently stepped on a normal patch wich resulted, luckily, to be another Skitty), the last member of my group, it's the third shiny Skitty !
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/613188DSCF1930.jpg
    It's a female, obviously, and she has the Cute Charm ability. I chose the other one over her because she has, first, Gentle nature, wich isn't good and second, because, while comparing them two, I notice her stats were way weaker than the other one. But she still remain beautiful.
    After her, I stepped on a wrong patch wich ended up being a mischevious Chatot.

And here's a picture of the one I'm using (the second of the group) in battle against a normal Skitty (I like the way the sparkles look on the picture).
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/217908DSCF1934.jpg

Anyway, good luck to everyone, and do your best !
    Depending on what will be the ten families of the next community hunt, I might wait and see if I can chain one.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 26th May 2013 at 1:53 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Super Congrats Papousse! You got really lucky At this rate you'll be a chaining pro.
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireusagi View Post
    Super Congrats Papousse! You got really lucky At this rate you'll be a chaining pro.
    My Papousse already is chaining pro, and I'm the novice
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaze12 View Post
    A badge quest is a self imposed challenge that some hunters do to challenge themselves. Its basic rule is that u can not fight the gym leader unless u have a new shiny in ur party. So basically u start off with a shiny starter which means u can fight the first gym leader but u cant fight the second gym until u find another one so basically a shiny b4 each badge which means it might take months b4 u finish the game but its pretty admirable to finish a badge quest
    I understand but sadly i don't have the patience to wait for a shiny starter. I'll probably have to random encounter a shiny before the first gym leader.

Looking for a shiny preferably with neutral nature and natural cure/regenerator ability

Hatched a shiny via Masuda Method with lonely nature 2 eggs 7/5/14 SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtwig was an accidental shiny hatching. I couldn't ask for a better accidental shiny. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    It's when you play through a game, getting a shiny before you take on each of the eight gyms, so in the end you beat the game, and you get eight shinies. It's pretty fun.
    Thanks for explaining. I've always just encountered shinys on accident and whenever in the game. I might try badge questing.

Page 222 of 937 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast