Page 223 of 946 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 23637

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I love turtwig!!! View Post
    I understand but sadly i don't have the patience to wait for a shiny starter. I'll probably have to random encounter a shiny before the first gym leader.
    The best games to hunt the starters on are HeartGold & SoulSilver, as they show up as shiny in the selection menu and you can simply check all three. I've been meaning to start one of my own for ages but now it'll have to wait till I finish my scramble challenge.

Done 120 SR's for Sandshrew bringing me to a total of 1970 on this hunt, but now I'm going to be levelling up pokemon on Black 2 so it would be pretty awesome if a shiny just randomly popped up XD.

Congrats to Zane on Abra, TheEliteEmpoleon on Braviary, HGaddict on Geodude and Papousse on your 3 Skitty.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Congratulations to Zane Clarthy on Abra, TheEliteEmpolean on Braviary, and Papousse on your Skittys! Wow, that is the shortest congratulation list I have ever done!

Well, I have defeated the fourth gym leader, and I have decided my next hunt. I will be SRing for Eevee. Thank you for all the suggestions guys As for nicknames, I think I'll take Aden for Charizard Papousse, but if you don't mind, I'm going to change the spelling to Aiden. Thanks for those suggestions as well. I've still got to think a little more on geodude's nickname though. You guys are awesome with how fast you got all those suggestions out there! Thanks again :3

Alright, good luck on all your hunts! I hope they'll all shine soon. I've got to get back to soft resetting for Eevee, Treeko, and Turtwig. See ya'll!
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Went to my friends country cottage and on the way back home I hatched a shiny petilil ^_^ Timid nature, but IVs aren't great. Not complaining tho, I really like shiny lilligant
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by ~EternalDarkness~ View Post
    The best games to hunt the starters on are HeartGold & SoulSilver, as they show up as shiny in the selection menu and you can simply check all three. I've been meaning to start one of my own for ages but now it'll have to wait till I finish my scramble challenge.

Done 120 SR's for Sandshrew bringing me to a total of 1970 on this hunt, but now I'm going to be levelling up pokemon on Black 2 so it would be pretty awesome if a shiny just randomly popped up XD.

Congrats to Zane on Abra, TheEliteEmpoleon on Braviary, HGaddict on Geodude and Papousse on your 3 Skitty.
    I found that out somehow about the starters showing up shiny before you take one but does that only work for soulsilver and heartgold or does it work for pearl, diamond, or platinum too? How do you soft reset for a sandshrew? You probably will but that never happens to me when i'm training or EV training as it has happened to other people during their EV training. Good luck on random encountering a shiny.
    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS friend code: 4141-3424-3687 Pokemon X IGN: AMARION Pokemon Y IGN: ANAIS

Current Masuda Method: shiny with hasty nature about 160 eggs hatched so far

Offering an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with gentle nature
    Looking for an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with adamant nature

Looking for a shiny preferably with neutral nature and natural cure/regenerator ability

Hatched a shiny via Masuda Method with lonely nature 2 eggs 7/5/14 SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtwig was an accidental shiny hatching. I couldn't ask for a better accidental shiny. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Went to my friends country cottage and on the way back home I hatched a shiny petilil ^_^ Timid nature, but IVs aren't great. Not complaining tho, I really like shiny lilligant
    Congratulations! I random encountered one like a month ago on accident in pinwheel forest on my white.
    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS friend code: 4141-3424-3687 Pokemon X IGN: AMARION Pokemon Y IGN: ANAIS

Current Masuda Method: shiny with hasty nature about 160 eggs hatched so far

Offering an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with gentle nature
    Looking for an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with adamant nature

Looking for a shiny preferably with neutral nature and natural cure/regenerator ability

Hatched a shiny via Masuda Method with lonely nature 2 eggs 7/5/14 SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtwig was an accidental shiny hatching. I couldn't ask for a better accidental shiny. 😂

Hey guys. Congrats on the recent additions! As you can see in my signature, I canceled my Diamond BQ permanently, as those SR's are just too long. I'll probably hatch for Piplup on Black 2 later anyway. When I was double hunting Squirtle and Eevee yesterday(at 4,330 SR's and 11,920 RE's respectively) I remembered that I had a BQ on White that I started a while back. My first target it Tepig, who I will name Porky and I'm at a mere 395 SR's for that. Good luck guys!
    EDIT: I'm going to make this BQ slightly uneven and get up to route 3 to hunt for a Shiny Blitzle to reclaim my lost one.
    EDIT 2: No, I'm sticking with tepig. C'mon golden piggy!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 26th May 2013 at 6:01 AM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireusagi View Post
    Basically if you DO manage to get to chain 40, just keep resetting the radar until a shiny patch appears. Seriously though, the radar is touchy, like I said, I've had moments where my chain has just disappeared while resetting. IF you really don't like MM, then chaining is the way to go, just keep in mind that when chaining your options are severely more limited. :3 Plus, with all the variables of chaining, while it may not take as LONG as doing MM, its a LOT more nerve racking and it will make you really angry when your chain breaks for no reason. lol. As long as you're prepared to have your chains break and have to start over, maybe a lot, then go ahead and chain. Cause I mean, on the flip side, I managed to get 5 shiny Eevees in one chain while chaining in trophy garden. Sometimes it can be really lucky.

If you need some tips on chaining, I'll be more than happy to help. ^^
    You probably walked too far away from the bounding box formed by the 4 shaking patches (some of which may be on non-grass tiles and thus invisible), or accidentally changed routes. A few of the chaining spots are close to the boundary between routes.

MM'ing for Rhyhorn is going well - I found a male Japanese Rhyhorn with the IVs I wanted, and bred myself a good female pretty quickly. Haven't restarted on Platinum yet- I'm procrastinating on transferring the stuff I need to off my Platinum cartridge. Anyone want a shiny Happiny? >.> (within the next 24 hours)
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 26th May 2013 at 7:03 AM.

Congrats to Benny4893 on Krabby, Zane Clarthy on Abra, TheEliteEmpoleon on Braviary, HGaddict on Geodude, Papousse, and Dangertrout on Petilil!

Wow, what a night >.< So I worked most of the day, but I did 100 REs each for both Shinx and Growlithe before going to my first shift.

I was planning to do maybe just another 100 or 200 REs after my second shift, assuming I'd get home around 10:30...Well, of course I get done at 10:15, and I'm walking out to my car, and this young - middle-aged couple is standing outside their car which is a parking spot over from mine, and their talking to a beagle that isn't leashed... "Do you know whose dog this is?"

Spoiler:- Sort of off topic story of what kept me from hunting tonight...:

So that was my little adventure that kept me from hunting tonight, since it took an hour to accomplish, so I didn't get home till 11:30. It was worth it though...Despite being a challenge and stressful that he might run away, it was a fun and interesting experience...At least it kept with the theme of capturing wild creatures, right?

So tomorrow after work, hopefully that'll be shiny-hunting time X]

Good luck hunting, everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by ~EternalDarkness~ View Post
    The best games to hunt the starters on are HeartGold & SoulSilver, as they show up as shiny in the selection menu and you can simply check all three.
    Quote Originally Posted by I love turtwig!!! View Post
    I found that out somehow about the starters showing up shiny before you take one but does that only work for soulsilver and heartgold or does it work for pearl, diamond, or platinum too?
    How can they show up shiny before you select one? I thought the game decided all the random attributes when you receive the pokemon. How would you SR? do you just have to keep starting over?
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Well, I'm at that point where I'm convinced I'll never see Volcarona shine. D:
    Haha, I'm right where you are for Virizion. I won't give up though.
    Congratz on all the shinies. So many since I checked the thread yesterday. O_O
    I'm still SRing...T_T
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

got a few REs at Dreamyard today(yesterday i suppose havent gone to bed yet)...anyways i was thinking about the shinies that are here/i want/etc mostly Venomoth but Ariados/Munna are ok and Watchog fine...then i started wondering about Raticate(dont want 1 but...)...i usually watch the Live hunting/encounters/reactions of pokemon found in the area im hunting(all pokemon not just ones i wanna find sooner or later)...and ive noticed no videos for Gen 5 Shiny Raticate, only vids are Gen 2-4, and ive heard people hunting for it in Gen 5/tryying to reclaim it here, but none have posted vids on it yet...so i was wondering if anyone here has/knows anyone who found a shiny Dreamyard Raticate i was kinda curious...

...and person who stopped BQ permanently due to SRing a starter taking to long(i would put name but im posting on Wii so i cant go back pages while typing :P), you know your 1st BQ pokemon doesnt haave to be a starter poke...can RE/etc for 1st as long as its found before 1st badge its ok...

Good Luck to all!!
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    got a few REs at Dreamyard today(yesterday i suppose havent gone to bed yet)...anyways i was thinking about the shinies that are here/i want/etc mostly Venomoth but Ariados/Munna are ok and Watchog fine...then i started wondering about Raticate(dont want 1 but...)...i usually watch the Live hunting/encounters/reactions of pokemon found in the area im hunting(all pokemon not just ones i wanna find sooner or later)...and ive noticed no videos for Gen 5 Shiny Raticate, only vids are Gen 2-4, and ive heard people hunting for it in Gen 5/tryying to reclaim it here, but none have posted vids on it yet...so i was wondering if anyone here has/knows anyone who found a shiny Dreamyard Raticate i was kinda curious...

...and person who stopped BQ permanently due to SRing a starter taking to long(i would put name but im posting on Wii so i cant go back pages while typing :P), you know your 1st BQ pokemon doesnt haave to be a starter poke...can RE/etc for 1st as long as its found before 1st badge its ok...

Good Luck to all!!
    Lol that was me. And I decided to go back to Tepig. I know that it doesn't have to be a starter: I really want a Shiny Tepig though. Also, I'm changing my hunting pattern. I'm going to give two days to each of my BQ's, then have Sunday for my hunts on B2. Right now, I'm going back to Growlithe. I'm at 2,150 eggs with MM+SC and hoping it'll show itself soon.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Hey guys!! Still working on my Eevee hunt (of course!) Just 2 more to go!

I haven't touched my DS's since last weekend due to being so tired each day after work, but I have today and tomorrow off and I am really trying to get this quest done! I have a ton of eggs stored up already on one game and I feel like I SHOULD and DESERVE a fast RE one on my other game, due to being over the shiny charm odds by 3x for my last Eevee. I'm just hoping that at least one of these last 2 Eevee will be a female, since I only have 1 so far. :/ I will update my hunt in my sig later on. today. As for my next hunt, I think I am set on Virizion. I need another pink shiny in my life. I need to EV train the ones I already got.

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck!!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Gratz to Benny4893 on Krabby, Zane Clarthy on Abra, TheEliteEmpoleon on Braviary, HGaddict on Geodude, Papousse on them Skitty's, DangerTrout on Petilil

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    How can they show up shiny before you select one? I thought the game decided all the random attributes when you receive the pokemon. How would you SR? do you just have to keep starting over?
    Only in HG/SS you can see if their shiny before you pick one. All you have to do is save in front of the machine, check to see if any are shiny, if not, then SR.

Well, I've hatched 1500 eggs for Staryu... I'm so over MMing right now -.-
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Congratulations everyone on their shiny pokemon!
    So far I am up to 450SRs for a shiny Johto starter and 300 eggs for a shiny Snivy. I've cancelled my SR hunt for Mesprit as I have decided to restart my B2 game. My hunts have been going by very very slowly unfortunately due to school work.
    Good luck everyone on their hunts!

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    Congratulations to Zane Clarthy on Abra, TheEliteEmpolean on Braviary, and Papousse on your Skittys! Wow, that is the shortest congratulation list I have ever done!

Well, I have defeated the fourth gym leader, and I have decided my next hunt. I will be SRing for Eevee. Thank you for all the suggestions guys As for nicknames, I think I'll take Aden for Charizard Papousse, but if you don't mind, I'm going to change the spelling to Aiden. Thanks for those suggestions as well. I've still got to think a little more on geodude's nickname though. You guys are awesome with how fast you got all those suggestions out there! Thanks again :3

Alright, good luck on all your hunts! I hope they'll all shine soon. I've got to get back to soft resetting for Eevee, Treeko, and Turtwig. See ya'll!
    Eheh, no worries ! Aiden is fine too, I like it ! Good luck on Eevee, very sweet choice !

As for me, haven't decide if I should continue. I think I might try the Masuda Method with the two Mr. Mime that I have in my PC. Really wanted that Mime Jr. for so long and I don't want to chain it after my successful chain with Skitty. But I surely don't want something like City of Delusion with Staryu (by the way, good luck) or TheMaster' with Tauros... We'll see. Too bad we can only buy one Magikarp per day at once, I would have probably soft reset for a shiny Magikarp. It would have been an interesting way to get one.
    Congratulations to the latest shiny and good luck to everyone !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 26th May 2013 at 3:26 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    I've found two, number one back in October as a proper RE and number two in April when I was RE'ing hoping for anything but Raticate.

My shiny Yanma hit L100 and I've switched over to my shiny Muskedeer trio. Two of them are getting the trade bonus so with that and Lucky Egg, their training shouldn't take long. In my FR my shiny Kadabra is L50 but it's so boring to level grind in that game that I might just Pal Park her over soon so I can finish up getting every shiny onto my W2.

Cognrats on the new shinies and good luck on the hunts.

I'm kinda lost right now guys... Does anyone have any suggestions for the fifth shiny in a W2 Badge Quest? I'm thinking of SRing Volcarona and not using it on my team. And btw all four in my sig are on my team, so I don't want number five to be on my team.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I'm kinda lost right now guys... Does anyone have any suggestions for the fifth shiny in a W2 Badge Quest? I'm thinking of SRing Volcarona and not using it on my team. And btw all four in my sig are on my team, so I don't want number five to be on my team.
    DUCKLETT. On the Drawbridge. You can get a ton of Wing items hunting for it! Good luck!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

3,500 Run Aways

If you'd like, but right now I'm doing Volcarona, and this might sound stupid and petty, but would you mind not doing Volcarona? It makes my hunt for it a little more special, I hope you can understand. :P
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I don't know how you could manage two SR hunts in a row like that. I find it refreshing to go for an RE hunt right after finishing an SR hunt. As for suggestions, Lostlorn Forest has a fantastic selection, though you might end up with a male Combee, in case that bothers you. Other areas of lower Relic Castle would work just as well. If you go in Volcarona's room, you only find Baltoy, which know Selfdestruct, so I'd be wary of that. Route 6 should also be available to you, if you want to try that out.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Hey guys!

Well I've been busy today but I still managed alot of REs after typing a 1000 word essay and I have another to do but isn't due for awhile anyway back on topic swinub now @ day 11 and nothing and phase 2 of route 32 is at 2700 REs. I hope swinub decides its time to shine soon because I'm ready to be done with this hunt already xD.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Okay I've come to a decision! After looking at every single one of my options, I saw two choices: repel trick in route 6 for castform, or repel trick in desert resort for trapinch. I'm going with trapinch, even though dwebble may get in the way. That's still a good shiny anyway.

Edit: I also decided to evolve eevee into jolteon. Anyone have a good nickname for a shiny jolteon?
    Last edited by TheEliteEmpoleon; 27th May 2013 at 2:53 AM. Reason: Jolteon
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Arg, this Volcarona just won't shine. :'c I've been doing this for like a month, I must have done this like 7000 times by now. xD
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

got a shiny oshawott in black 2 1st of badge quest , probably took less than 200 srs. it has a modest nature. will hunt for snivy later to complete the trio
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Page 223 of 946 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast