Page 224 of 946 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 23634

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Jeez... getting a shiny charm is so hard. I wish I could just borrow one from someone. orz I really want to continue MMing but I dont feel like I should bother until I get my shiny charm.
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by JAWAYami View Post
    ...and person who stopped BQ permanently due to SRing a starter taking to long(i would put name but im posting on Wii so i cant go back pages while typing :P), you know your 1st BQ pokemon doesnt haave to be a starter poke...can RE/etc for 1st as long as its found before 1st badge its ok...
    Which is the route I might go if I start a BQ on my Diamond, since I don't find SRing very entertaining at all.

Hatching Eevees on White 2... Anyone want a particular nature eevee?
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireusagi View Post
    Jeez... getting a shiny charm is so hard. I wish I could just borrow one from someone. orz I really want to continue MMing but I dont feel like I should bother until I get my shiny charm.
    MM rate with and without shiny charm is actually pretty close - a lot more so than RE/SR. You can fill your dex and MM at the same time.

Ugh.. why am I posting so much? It's because I'm on the verge of restarting a game... I finished transfering off all the pokemon I want to keep, but I'm too lazy to move the TM's too, so I guess this is it. The clock has rolled over, and I'll be starting a playthrough on Memorial Day. No badge quest or funny stuff for me- I want to get up to Giratina as soon as possible.

I need to do a few fast playthroughs for the Deoxys event too.

Also forgot to note that my grass Exeggcute satisfies the community hunt. COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE.

I have the entire Regional Dex on Black and it REALLY bothers me that I did all that work on Black and now I have to start over for Black 2. I can't transfer anything because I only have one DS. But I'm going to get a 3DS soon for X and Y so eventually this trading problem will be resolved.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I'm such a weenie, but god has this SR been going on forever. This must be at least over 7,000. D: I need motiovationnnnn :c
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    I'm such a weenie, but god has this SR been going on forever. This must be at least over 7,000. D: I need motiovationnnnn :c
    seriously, whenever i get tired of shiny hunts, I just go back and watch this video
    this kid always reminds me why shiny hunting always pays off in the end, lmao
    always makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

seriously, whenever i get tired of shiny hunts, I just go back and watch this video
    always makes me laugh.

Poor guy. D: It took me about a month for mine, but 25,000 SRs? Personally I'd rather spend my time on a shiny legendary. :c

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

always makes me laugh.

My absolute favorite thing about that video is when he freaks out when his game saves...like it wasn't going to save or something.

EDIT:

So I have boxes and boxes of eggs from my Spinda hunt, and I've been hatching them mindlessly as I've been posting and watching some Youtube videos and TV and things. There's also some other eggs littered around in these boxes; I think they're leftovers from breeding DWFs for people around the forum. And literally right after I pressed "post" in reply to cheshireusagi, THIS appeared:

Sorry about my finger covering the lens there. It's almost 1 AM where I live.

Here's another picture of it. I named her "Squali" for "Squalicorax", an extinct genus of Cretaceous shark.

You will see that she got her Dream World ability, which is exciting! She has a Rash nature though, but I can deal with that. I'll evolve her into a purple Sharpedo as soon as I can!

She's not the Spinda I'm looking for, but I've got two more boxes of eggs to hatch! I'm not sure if I should say that this hunt took ~30 eggs, which is how many Carvanha eggs I think I've ever hatched ever, or if I should say it took 220 eggs, which is how many eggs I've hatched so far for my Spinda hunt.

What do you think, people of Serebii?
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 27th May 2013 at 8:02 AM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Nice accident, varanus xD! That's a pretty cool find, and I hope you get your Spinda soon.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post

She's not the Spinda I'm looking for, but I've got two more boxes of eggs to hatch! I'm not sure if I should say that this hunt took ~30 eggs, which is how many Carvanha eggs I think I've ever hatched ever, or if I should say it took 220 eggs, which is how many eggs I've hatched so far for my Spinda hunt.

I hadn't realised I didn't know what a shiny Carvanha looked like Well done! I would say you should put about 30 eggs - I haven't gotten a shiny in about 5,500 eggs, but I'm only at 304ish for Nidoran - I'd say, if I got one in the next egg, I did it in 305 eggs and not 5501 or whatever

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    My absolute favorite thing about that video is when he freaks out when his game saves...like it wasn't going to save or something.

EDIT:

So I have boxes and boxes of eggs from my Spinda hunt, and I've been hatching them mindlessly as I've been posting and watching some Youtube videos and TV and things. There's also some other eggs littered around in these boxes; I think they're leftovers from breeding DWFs for people around the forum. And literally right after I pressed "post" in reply to cheshireusagi, THIS appeared:

Sorry about my finger covering the lens there. It's almost 1 AM where I live.

Here's another picture of it. I named her "Squali" for "Squalicorax", an extinct genus of Cretaceous shark.

You will see that she got her Dream World ability, which is exciting! She has a Rash nature though, but I can deal with that. I'll evolve her into a purple Sharpedo as soon as I can!

Woah, what luck! Congrats man, hopefully I'll be as lucky as you with this damn SRing. Dx

-Elite Four Karen

Man do i know how you feel . My johto starters hunt is seriously starting to annoy me. I dont have ANY idea how many soft rests i have done now, but its definitely THOUSANDS. Im gonna keep going though, and you should too . And btw guys, Im gonna start up another mm too, Im thinking solosis might be a good choice. Congrats to all like zane, papousse and varranus komodensis. Gl to all
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

always makes me laugh.

Actually, I've been told he faked that reaction (doesn't matter though). He kinda was Quad hunting, so it's not as bad as a 49k Oshawott or 101k for Drifloon.
    Enough of my opinion XD There's some larger RE/SR totals on YT, but 25k is pretty damn long. At least he persevered XD

Anyways, I'm at 3,300 REs in Platinum and 3,100 in HG. Quick shiny would be nice.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Don't give up! Something has to give sooner or later. Personally, when I'm in a long hunt and need motivation I like watching videos of people getting that shiny on Youtube. I actually printed out a shiny Eevee and shiny Squirtle sprite and stuck them on my DSI Xl and DS Lite for motivation. Remember, you're not the only one in a long hunt(I'm on 11,957 RE's for Eevee) and just keep going. There's nothing like the shiny you've been searching for to appear as a reward for your persistence! =)
    EDIT: I've seen that video too. Hands down the funniest shiny video I've ever seen!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 27th May 2013 at 12:08 PM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

always makes me laugh.

You know he said after the fact that he faked his reaction right?
    He's admitted to over-doing his reactions just to get more views.

Anyways, congrats to everyone on their shinies! I know I don't post much, but I read every single reply on the thread ^^ Being on my phone most of the time makes replying a bit difficult.
    I've decided that I'll go back to hunting Entei/Raikou on my HG/SS games. A difficult hunt that I began before my hiatus. I don't remember how many SR's I'd done, but I'll be putting the number back to 0 I suppose. While doing that, I'll also still be hunting for Audino by training up my shinies to lv 100 by running into the exp. pińata's. I dont really remember the number I was at for that one either, so back to 0 for that as well I guess. Unless somehow someone knows what I was doing half a year or so back xD

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

Like JohnNiles said, the odds are pretty close with or without the charm when it comes to MMing. I've completed 7 MM hunts with the charm and tbh, I haven't noticed that much of a difference from when I was MMing without the charm. My current MM hunt is over 1500 eggs, so don't get your expectations too high while MMing with the charm. Good luck!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Gratz on the Carvanha looks awesome.
    Up to around 5000 re's on my Tangela hunt and have now moved on to searching inside the vibrank complex on my white two.
    Does everybody know where us shiny hunters can chat together to pass the time .
    I think i'd enjoy talking to people with similar goals to me.
    Just wondering whether there was a shiny chat page.
    Thanks to anyone who can help me.
    Good luck with all your hunts.
    Next random encounter -

Progress 1851 RE's!

Well.... I didn't get a shiny Eevee yesterday, but I did hit the 1000 hatched egg mark and am up to about 350 RE's for one with the shiny charm. It just takes soooo long to find an Eevee using the repel trick that when I calculate my totals for the day, I'm just like "I only did 100 RE's for thing?! I spent a few hours working on it!" ;p

Anyways, more hunting will be done today. Congrats on that carvahna and all other shinies since my post from yesterday morning! Good luck everyone!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Poor guy. D: It took me about a month for mine, but 25,000 SRs? Personally I'd rather spend my time on a shiny legendary. :c
    Yup, just like me. My only hunt to reach nearly 26000 SR's happened to be for a shiny legendary, so I know exactly how you feel right now. It didn't exactly help that I happened to find a random shiny Sunkern in the middle of that 2 month hunt. However, I'd say 8000+ eggs for a Tauros or SR'ing for Reshiram/Zekrom (only to discover the shiny lock later) is a lot worse. If you need motivation, always remember that it can be much worse than where you're at.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Yup, just like me. My only hunt to reach nearly 26000 SR's happened to be for a shiny legendary, so I know exactly how you feel right now. It didn't exactly help that I happened to find a random shiny Sunkern in the middle of that 2 month hunt. However, I'd say 8000+ eggs for a Tauros or SR'ing for Reshiram/Zekrom (only to discover the shiny lock later) is a lot worse. If you need motivation, always remember that it can be much worse than where you're at.
    What's a shiny lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    What's a shiny lock?
    It's a code in the game that forces the pokemon to be non-shiny
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

17,370 random encounters and no shiny cottonee yet... I've only random encountered one shiny believe it or not with this many encounters. I'm lucky i've encountered any. I'm so mad at this game. Grrr
    †I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS friend code: 4141-3424-3687 Pokemon X IGN: AMARION Pokemon Y IGN: ANAIS

Current Masuda Method: shiny with hasty nature about 160 eggs hatched so far

Offering an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with gentle nature
    Looking for an uncloned and untouched SPR2012 event with adamant nature

Looking for a shiny preferably with neutral nature and natural cure/regenerator ability

Hatched a shiny via Masuda Method with lonely nature 2 eggs 7/5/14 SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
    Turtwig was an accidental shiny hatching. I couldn't ask for a better accidental shiny. 😂

Community hunt complete x2!!
    While I was reading the new posts I finally found my shiny Virizion. Yay, I'm so happy.^-^
    I called her Artemis. She has serious nature and relatively superior potential.
    Catching her was hard. I ended up using all 25 healballs and 6 premierballs I had. I was going to catch her in my masterball because it was getting risky but I was bold and tried a few Ultra balls and caught her finally.
    Here is a pic:IMG_1190.jpg
    Sorry for the bad quality. The R & L buttons on my DSi don't work anymore so I SR on my very old and broken DS.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    It's a code in the game that forces the pokemon to be non-shiny
    Which pokemon in Black/White 2 have a shiny lock, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Which pokemon in Black/White 2 have a shiny lock, if any?
    Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram are the only in-game Pokemon that can't be shiny. (aka not events)

Quote Originally Posted by RaichuArcanine
    Don't give up! Something has to give sooner or later. Personally, when I'm in a long hunt and need motivation I like watching videos of people getting that shiny on Youtube. I actually printed out a shiny Eevee and shiny Squirtle sprite and stuck them on my DSI Xl and DS Lite for motivation. Remember, you're not the only one in a long hunt(I'm on 11,957 RE's for Eevee) and just keep going. There's nothing like the shiny you've been searching for to appear as a reward for your persistence! =)
    EDIT: I've seen that video too. Hands down the funniest shiny video I've ever seen!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Heh, same, I've watched a bunch of videos of people getting shiny Volcaronas in these past few days. x) I think I'll do that too! Thanks for the tips. ^~^

-Elite Four Karen

Page 224 of 946 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast