Page 225 of 946 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 23649

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram are the only in-game Pokemon that can't be shiny. (aka not events)
    Thanks for letting me know. Was pondering SRing for a shiny Reshiram when I got that far in White 2. Good to know it's impossible before I waste time trying.

Is there any actual way to obtain a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom, then?
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Yes there is, but you need to use a French rom hack that gets rid of the shiny lock iirc.

Anyways, I might just hunt Pawniard on White2 whilst hunting Magnemite.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireusagi View Post
    Is there any actual way to obtain a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yes there is, but you need to use a French rom hack that gets rid of the shiny lock iirc.

Anyways, I might just hunt Pawniard on White2 whilst hunting Magnemite.
    If you do this, of course, you must realize that your Reshiram/Zekrom will be considered a hack and illegal. There are NO legal shiny Reshirams and Zekroms. Everyone will know you cheated to get it.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you do this, of course, you must realize that your Reshiram/Zekrom will be considered a hack and illegal. There are NO legal shiny Reshirams and Zekroms. Everyone will know you cheated to get it.
    Yeah, hacking is not my thing. I wonder if there will ever be a way to legitimately get a shiny of those two. It kinda baffles me why they would put on a shiny lock. Is there an actual reason for it?
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

Let's see...
    A pink Wooper in Diamond (Unfortunately, I deleted the save file. Boo.)
    A red Gyrados in Heartgold (to be expected)
    A shiny Karrablast and a shiny Deerling in Black (On the same day!)
    Gible and Haxorus in B2 (Pretty sure everyone has shinies of those.)
    And... Traded away the Karrablast for a Swadloon, and later a Chandelure
    At one point I had a shiny Blastoise, but I realized it was illegitimate and released it

I don't value shinies that much (As they are different in coloration only) but there's nothing quite like that sparkle noise when a random encounter happens.
    And they're fun to collect.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 27th May 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Hey everyone, just thought I'd stop by to give everyone who has gotten a shiny lately a congrats. I still haven't been consistently hunting lately so I haven't been posting. But with summer coming up, I'll have a significantly larger amount of time, and I'll hunt more then. I'm considering continuing my White BQ and putting my SS BQ on hold since I'm having such trouble getting a shiny under the odds on it. But for now I probably won't hunt consistently until summer which starts June 10th (I may do some hunting here or there). So until then, good luck!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Actually, it's more semi-legit than outright walk-through-walls-into-mystery-zone hacked.. Removed the check, but the shiny is still normal. It doesn't
    matter if others consider it hacked, it won't be hacked in that sense to someone who did lots of RAs (you don't need to SR it). It's opinion really.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 27th May 2013 at 11:36 PM.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

hey guys, about being legal or illegal the shinies with shiny lock.
    i guess they can be considered semi-legit, don't you think? i mean.. you still go through the effort of reseting like hell to get it to shine.. just my opinion..

and, while waiting for the CH contest, i decided to put my hunts on hold, and try a little bit ot chaining once again, and i got it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szu5EIxkrnE

can't wait for the contest btw xDDDDDDDDD
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

I thought they were only shiny locked in the first fight, then afterwards they could be shiny.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    I thought they were only shiny locked in the first fight, then afterwards they could be shiny.
    No, they are shiny-locked permanently for now. You cannot get a legit shiny Reshiram or Zekrom at all until the shiny lock is lifted.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I swear. I've been working on Zubat in altering cave for 5 hours 2 minutes and none have shone yet. After my really bad unown, I want something good to use, and crobat would be good to
    a. have a good shiny
    b. catch entei

So, after that, I'm going for sandshrew, geodude, and abra.
    SHINIES:
    LEAFGREEN TEAM:
    FIRERED TEAM:
    NEW SAPPHIRE TEAM:
    NEW EMERALD TEAM:
    EV TRAINED:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY BOOBER

So sorry about your loss, Dangertrout.

Still no luck on my shiny buneary hunt on Pearl. At least I'm getting a little better at chaining, my top three chain lengths are now 36/34/20. Last Monday it was still 20/20/20. It's getting tiresome, but part of me's still determined to change my luck and get my second chained shiny ever. If I could keep at it for seven months for a shiny wingull, I can do the same for buneary. At least as long as my money holds out. I'm saving money by only using the max repels when a buneary chain starts (I hop on the bike then for recharges till a buneary chain starts), and putting either my staraptor or gyarados in front to lower the chances of getting into battle in a non-shaking patch.

Oh, and in other news I finally started White 2. I want to change my luck there too and finally get my first RE fifth gen shiny. All my fifth gen shines so far have been traded or MM'd. I definitely can't wait to get the shiny charm, even if it takes a lot of work.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 28th May 2013 at 1:24 AM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi Dude View Post
    I swear. I've been working on Zubat in altering cave for 5 hours 2 minutes and none have shone yet. After my really bad unown, I want something good to use, and crobat would be good to
    a. have a good shiny
    b. catch entei

So, after that, I'm going for sandshrew, geodude, and abra.
    If you're REing, it will help if you put a Pokemon with Illuminate at the front of your party. Illuminate increases wild Pokemon encounters. Then ride your bicycle and you can RE a lot faster.

-------

If you're REing, it will help if you put a Pokemon with Illuminate at the front of your party. Illuminate increases wild Pokemon encounters. Then ride your bicycle and you can RE a lot faster.
    You can also use No Guard. I believe Arena Trap increases the encounter rate, but not by as much as Illuminate and No Guard.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    You can also use No Guard. I believe Arena Trap increases the encounter rate, but not by as much as Illuminate and No Guard.
    Actually, Illuminate and Arena Trap increase encounter rate by the same amount, to 200%. No Guard only increases it to 150%. According to Serebii, at least. I don't know if Bulbapedia says anything different. I'll admit, though, I didn't know that No Guard increased encounter rate until I checked it just now.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Attachment 9338Congrats to Jessara on Oddish, City of Delusion on Corsola, Storm_Dragoon on Tornadus, Shadowkrow on Ducklett, Laurelai on Eevee, maldoror on Ditto, JohnNiles on Yamask and Exeggcute, Benny4893 on Krabby, Zane Clarthy on Abra, TheEliteEmpoleon on Braviary, HGaddict on Geodude, Papousse on the three Skitty, Dangertrout on Petilil, varanus_komodoensis on Carvanha, 2rsa on Virizion, Clinkclang on all the past shinies, and 201238 on Electrike! Hope I didn't miss anybody who got a shiny since my last post. Good luck to everyone who's hunting!

So, after (about) 3348 eggs hatched, I have completed my Eevee MM hunt in SoulSilver. I was completely shocked when it shone after all these eggs, and happy, of course, but pretty relieved too. I've been pretty lucky with random wild shinies in the past but my MM hunts (with the exception of Sneasel) haven't really seemed to go anywhere. I have another one at 3000 eggs and a third at 2400, both fifth gen. I mean, considering some MM hunts on this forum have gone over regular odds I know I have nothing to complain about, but I'm still so glad it's over. I started this hunt in December!

I evolved him into Umbreon.

Shiny TJ.jpg
    Last edited by ElectricBassClef; 28th May 2013 at 5:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

In many posts and signatures I hear things such as SR and RE
    I don't know what all these abbreviations mean.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

@rovert & varanus
    Jirachu Dude is playing FR/LG, abilities' overworld effect and No Guard did not exist there

Anyway, 825 eggs and STILL no Shiny Oshawott...at this point I'm just hoping it won't reach 1000.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    @rovert & varanus
    Jirachu Dude is playing FR/LG, abilities' overworld effect and No Guard did not exist there
    Are you sure? The text in Gen III says "increases encounter rate" for Illuminate, and Bulbapedia says that it has an overworld effect in Gen III.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    In many posts and signatures I hear things such as SR and RE
    I don't know what all these abbreviations mean.
    SR: soft reset
    RE: random encounter
    MM: Masuda Method

....I think that's all of them
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 28th May 2013 at 4:13 AM.

-------

I think shinies are more fun when you encounter them randomly.
    Then you feel lucky.

Edit: does soft reset mean saving before you battle a legendary and reloading that save until you get a pokemon who is different in color only?
    Last edited by Ivoright; 28th May 2013 at 4:24 AM.

Are you sure? The text in Gen III says "increases encounter rate" for Illuminate, and Bulbapedia says that it has an overworld effect in Gen III.
    I'm fairly certain Illuminate has its effect in FR/LG, since it's 3rd gen description says so, but Arena Trap doesn't have its effect until Emerald.

SR: soft reset
    RE: random encounter
    MM: Masuda Method

....I think that's all of them
    That's all the major ones, but I think it's worth including BQ, or Badge Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    Edit: does soft reset mean saving before you battle a legendary and reloading that save until you get a pokemon who is different in color only?

Arg, I could rant about this all day.
    Yes, that's right. And the first post also has this info and more for in case you have any more questions.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I posted, but changed my mind after submission.
    Ignore this.

Gratz to varanus_komodoensis on Carvanha, 2rsa on Virizion, 201238 on Electrike, and ElectricBassClef on Eevee!

I have now hatched 1800 eggs for Staryu, its really being stubborn but I'm still determined. I'm also at day 2 on route 25 on SS, not really expecting anything soon though. I'm also slightly annoyed that I'm running out of places to hunt.. I literally have 2-3+ shinies in almost every route/area in White lol.. and SS is almost the same :s. So, I'm trying to get my hands on a Platinum version to keep things fresh. I've been thinking about doing another BQ and Platinum is perfect since I've never completely played through Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (sorta skipped that gen lol). But for now I'll just stay focused on my current hunts.

Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Oh my gosh! Guess who just found a shiny latias in the dreamyard! No soft resets or anything my first encounter with him and he was shiny! I'm so happy! photo (1).JPG
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

Page 225 of 946 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast