Page 228 of 913 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 22825

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

congrats to TheMaster327 for Uxie and cocoadragon for swinub, also to CoD for Staryu (one of my fav shinies), and 2rsa for virizion!

well done guys!
    as for me.. i got into the 15000+ SR's for my secret target..
    and, along with that, i reached 10k+ starters after that ''5 SR cyndaquil''.. so i guess that's ''fair.

also, can't wait for CH!

good luck to everyone!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Hey guys, new to Seribii, shiny hunter for two years now. Man, I feel awkward, I'm always bad at intro posts. But I began to shiny hunt two years ago when I found my shiny Hoothoot, Goldey, now a Noctowl. I think I'll enjoy talking with you guys about shiny Pokemon, none of my RL friends don't shiny hunt.
    Currently Soft Resetting:

Random Encountering at Castalia Garden: 655

MM: Hatched: 45 eggs

My Shinies: x2

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    ummm, what? Can someone explain please?
    Well, alot of people it looked like to me are going for metang/metagross shiny, so I jokingly suggested a friendly community hunt. And thats about it
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shuckle View Post
    Well, alot of people it looked like to me are going for metang/metagross shiny, so I jokingly suggested a friendly community hunt. And thats about it
    I see. I can't join though, I already have one

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Are you sure? The text in Gen III says "increases encounter rate" for Illuminate, and Bulbapedia says that it has an overworld effect in Gen III.
    oops

yeah, except Illuminate, Illuminate has that effect in R/S/FR/LG because that is its only effect.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I see. I can't join though, I already have one

oops

yeah, except Illuminate, Illuminate has that effect in R/S/FR/LG because that is its only effect.
    You could join! I just wouldn't see the purpose lol. I mean its still fun to compete with others trying to achieve basically the same task.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    SHINY UXIE! After 6,028 SRs (778 today) it came...

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0a8acc21.jpg - In battle
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...psd41b4c43.jpg - First page summary top
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps793cd26f.jpg - First page summary bottom
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0c9deab4.jpg - Second page summary top
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5a47a086.jpg - Second page summary bottom

Bold sync failed (lol) but Serious is not too damaging... IVs: 7, 8 / 28 / 21 / 22 / 3 / 14
    Woah, awesome, huge congrats!
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

227 encounters after Clefairy, one of the few non-Metang pokemon in the Chasm I do not already have appears:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps88335db1.jpg
    http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...psb23c0553.jpg

That leaves Solrock and Metang. I have a feeling a duplicate is coming my way...

Quote Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
    227 encounters after Clefairy, one of the few non-Metang pokemon in the Chasm I do not already have appears:

That leaves Solrock and Metang. I have a feeling a duplicate is coming my way...

Grats bro , it sounds like you have alot of luck in the chasm.
    im about 730+ eggs into my masuda hunt for a shiny caterpie
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Congrats to ElectricBassClef x2, Jessara, City Of Delusion x2, Storm_Dragoon, Laurelai x2, maldoror x3, Zane Clarthy, TheEliteEmpoleon, HGaddict, Papousse, varanus_komodoensis, 2rsa, 201238 x2, Blue Shuckle, Frost Mage, cocoadragon, ohjeezitskim, TheMaster327, and anyone else who got a shiny that I may have missed since my last post.

I’m still on my hunt for a shiny Aron and along the way my party and I caught Pokerus which, apparently while benefiting pokemon EVs, makes humans sick (I’m joking of course. But I did get Pokerus on the same day I started getting a cold...) and exactly a week later and after over at least 1000 random encounters (I’ve been hunting on some of my other games between then and now) since the last one, I ran into another shiny! A second shiny Boldore, a male this time. I’m still not going to leave Mistralton Cave in White 2 until I get a shiny Aron. There are a few crazy coincidences between Boldore #1 and Boldore #2: First both appeared on a Wednesday at a week apart from each other, both have an Attack reducing nature, both have a flawless Attack IV and both have the same IVs in Sp.Defense and Speed. OT/ID Summery Video

Good luck to all on your shiny hunts!
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and XY Shiny mega Ampharos animation is from PLDHnet

Congrats to JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, 201238, mia100 on Staryu and 2 Cyndaquils and Psyduck and Piloswine, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, cocoadragon on Swinub, maldoror on Clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, TheMaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on Piloswine, and Ampharos_Spark on Boldore!

Didn't hunt the past few days, but today I did 200 REs on just Black 2, mainly just to bring it to the same number of REs as my Platinum hunt. So now both hunts are 1,600 REs in...

Hopefully I'll hunt tomorrow :x Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

750 eggs hatched so far with shiny charm in search of another shiny eevee. I hope it shines soon. I'm interested to see what nature it will be. I already have shiny Flareon. Congras to everyone who recently got a shiny!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Congrats Ampharos! And keep up the good work Shiny Lord, I know that it will pay off!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, BLUE SHUCKLE!!! I knew you could do it!! And that picture isn't working for some reason, so try uploading it to an image hosting site so I can see your prize!
    Last edited by Frost Mage; 30th May 2013 at 5:44 AM.

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

OH MY GOSH!!! After finding my shiny latias not even a week ago I find this beautiful baby! A shiny shuckle!!!!! No shiny charm or anything!!!! I feel like the luckiest person in the world!!!
    https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...Vi1JbuJvJVocFY

In case you missed my edit :

HOLY CRAP, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS, BLUE SHUCKLE!!! I knew you could do it!! And that picture isn't working for some reason, so try uploading it to an image hosting site so I can see your prize!

-Elite Four Karen

The link was not working so I just put it in my signature. So happy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maldoror View Post

You might want to use magnet pull instead of illuminate if you are hunting specifically for metang. Also, its been over a month since m last shiny and i am at 9,102 encounters. Looks like that luck i had during the bug CH has run out. I seem to have alot of hunts go over the odds
    Last edited by Crimson_Blazer; 30th May 2013 at 7:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shuckle View Post
    The link was not working so I just put it in my signature. So happy!!!!
    Where in your sig? c:

-Elite Four Karen

Ok Firstly congratulations to... HGaddict on Geodude, Papousse on Skitty X 3, Dangertrout on Petilil, cocoadragon on swinub, pxm1 on oshawott, varanus_komodoensis on carvanha, 2rsa on Virizion, 201238 on Electrike, electricBassClef on Eevee, Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, maldoror on clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, Themaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on piloswine, Blue Shuckle on shuckle! As well as any others I may have missed.

Secondly I have shiny news! Ok so I decided to split my shiny hunting on black 2 up a little as I was unsure what to go for. I chose 4 different pokemon of grass/water type so they count for the CH. Well anyway I am hatching my last chosen pokemon, Feebas from box 1 when I hatch a shiny.... Shroomish! I was collecting 4 eggs from the box and then getting a 5th egg from the daycare man and I left shroomish in from when I was hatching the shroomish boxes. So Community Hunt Complete! X4 Although as I hadn't planned in advance for the shroomish it has lax nature but I wasn't intending on using it for competitive use. I may level it up to be my capturing pokemon. And I am pleased I finally have it because I have tried many times before on black and white for a shiny shroomish and never had luck.

Thirdly good luck to everyone still hunting! Those still trying for CH I hope your shiny comes along before the end of the month!
    Shinies are good.

I am assuming that, since the letter of an Unown is no longer generated by IVs like they were in Gen II, that any Unown can be shiny in Gen V, and not just specific letters.

I am certainly hoping that's the case, since the floor of the Solaceon Ruins I'm hunting on only spawns the F form, and if the F can't be shiny then I just wasted four hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I am assuming that, since the letter of an Unown is no longer generated by IVs like they were in Gen II, that any Unown can be shiny in Gen V, and not just specific letters.

I am certainly hoping that's the case, since the floor of the Solaceon Ruins I'm hunting on only spawns the F form, and if the F can't be shiny then I just wasted four hours.
    That's true. I got a shiny Unown J when hunting all the Unown in Solaceon Ruins about a month or two ago... Previous gens only had I and V as possible shinies...

Starting Mesprit SRs tonight...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    That's true. I got a shiny Unown J when hunting all the Unown in Solaceon Ruins about a month or two ago... Previous gens only had I and V as possible shinies...

Starting Mesprit SRs tonight...
    *huge sigh of relief* Good to know.

I keep running into more and more Unown that I can't escape from, even though their ability is Levitate, not Shadow Tag or Arena Trap. So what the heck...?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    You might want to use magnet pull instead of illuminate if you are hunting specifically for metang. Also, its been over a month since m last shiny and i am at 9,102 encounters. Looks like that luck i had during the bug CH has run out. I seem to have alot of hunts go over the odds
    I have a fainted magnet pull Magnemite as my lead. Watchog is there for hypnosis and super fang. They are followed by a flame body Volcarona and three eggs of whatever I am currently MMing (I just switched to Charmander).

Big congratz to 201238 on Electrike, electricBassClef on Eevee, Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, maldoror on clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, Themaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on piloswine, Blue Shuckle on shuckle, Scrufox86 on Shroomish and others I may have missed. ^-^

I've started hatching Deino eggs. They take forever to hatch but shiny Hydreigon is one of my dream shinies so won't give up. So far I'm around 60 eggs.
    Good luck everyone! ^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Big congratz to 201238 on Electrike, electricBassClef on Eevee, Blue Shuckle on Latias, Frost Mage on Volcarona, JohnNiles on Rhyhorn, City Of Delusion on Staryu, Laurelai on Vulpix, maldoror on clefairy, ohjeezitskim on Duosion, Themaster327 on Uxie, maldoror on piloswine, Blue Shuckle on shuckle, Scrufox86 on Shroomish and others I may have missed. ^-^

I've started hatching Deino eggs. They take forever to hatch but shiny Hydreigon is one of my dream shinies so won't give up. So far I'm around 60 eggs.
    Good luck everyone! ^-^
    Yeah, I remember trying to MM my deino. Those egss are a pain in the buns. Good luck to you

Congrats to Blue Shuckle on Shuckle, and Scrufox86 on Shroomish!

So I was thinking about two hours ago how it's nearly the end of the month and how I've gotten at least one shiny. And then while I was hunting, I was thinking about how on either of the games I'm hunting on, I could easily end up getting my first duplicate shiny. And yesterday I had gotten my Black 2 REs to match my Platinum ones for a bit of a race...

Well, I was starting up again after a quick break after hitting 50 REs, and 3 REs in on Black 2, I found a Shiny Koffing. I didn't see it at first because I was adjusting the position of the XL slightly and wasn't looking at the screen. Then when I was starting to look at Platinum to see what had appeared, I heard the sparkles on Black 2. So yup, another Koffing! 1,653 REs since my last Koffing. This one again is female, level 10, Sassy nature (first one was Lax), somewhat of a clown. I think I'll evolve this one into Weezing eventually, since her IVs seem slightly better, and I was thinking maybe the nature is better? Not that it matters since I won't really be using it, but...

Would really like that Growlithe, and at this point, another shiny Koffing is last on the list of what I want to get from this area, since it'd be more useful to get new shinies, and seeing as a third shiny Koffing won't even get me a new shiny evolution...

Still glad to have gotten another shiny, even though it's another Koffing since Weezing will still be a new shiny. I guess that puts me at a whopping 2 shinies this month But not bad considering how few REs I did.

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Page 228 of 913 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast