Page 229 of 947 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 23661

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Between hunting the alphabet and now shiny-hunting, I'm at around 300 REs in the Solaceon Ruins, roughly. Really hoping something shines soon.

Though, knowing what my luck is like, I am in for a long grind on this hunt. Still, keeping my fingers crossed. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

Good luck Cyberra, happy shiny hunting!
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Congrats to all who got a shiny recently!

Shiny Mesprit is underway... 250 SRs done tonight...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,300 Run Aways

And my record doesn't stop at 5!? O_o

Shiny Chinchou!!!!!!!!! 160 eggs exactly!

this month has been insane for me @ 6 shinies claimed this month setting my record this year
    this chinchou appeared incredibly quickly I don't even understand ...1 and a half day of hunting
    I keep forgetting to take the everstone off my ditto so it has a hardy nature which is great imo
    right now I'm hunting for ducklett @ 75 eggs and my mareep hunt is @ 6000 REs good luck
    everyone
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Whoa, congrats, cocoadragon! How lucky!

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I continued my hunt for the "blue robot," Pawniard (my boyfriend thinks it's a robot xD)
    I was trying to get him live and decided to hunt off camera for 30 minutes while I watched some
    YouTube videos. My mom comes in, asks how I'm feeling. I look down SEE THE BLUE and THE SPARKLES.
    Dammit xD I missed it come across screen and I wasn't recording!

Anywho, it took 2,060 encounters overall and it was 1,584 encounters after Duosion!
    Has a calm nature I believe, which is bad because it lowers attack xD but it's okay because the attack IV is horrible too!
    So, meh xD IVS 9-3-8-26-21-13

PawniardEncounter.jpg

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    I continued my hunt for the "blue robot," Pawniard (my boyfriend thinks it's a robot xD)
    I was trying to get him live and decided to hunt off camera for 30 minutes while I watched some
    YouTube videos. My mom comes in, asks how I'm feeling. I look down SEE THE BLUE and THE SPARKLES.
    Dammit xD I missed it come across screen and I wasn't recording!

Anywho, it took 2,060 encounters overall and it was 1,584 encounters after Duosion!
    Has a calm nature I believe, which is bad because it lowers attack xD but it's okay because the attack IV is horrible too!
    So, meh xD IVS 9-3-8-26-21-13

PawniardEncounter.jpg
    I love that little blue robot! Hahaha he actually looks pretty awesome I might hunt him I only have wearyness towards his 4x weakness to fighting
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

Hiya everyone. First off I want to say congrats to 201238, Mia, City of Delusion, Laureai, Maldordor, Ohjeezitskim, The Master, Ampharas, BlueShuckle, Serufox, a big congrats to Coco on the lucky streak as well as anyone I missed.

As for me AT LAST!!!!!Community Hunt Complete I got my shiny Lapras. After a few thousand eggs hatched it appeared. I missed last months community hunt and almost this one hunting this Lapras. I am so happy to finally have it Keep up the great work everyone, I am cheering for you all. Until next time.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...psfc3815fa.png
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps4ceb0dc5.png
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Community Hunt Complete! sorry for posting this a week later but for my birthday on the 22nd, the pokemon gods shined their love down upon me and I hatched a shiny magikarp. b-day magic ftw!
    Congrats on all the recent shinies, especially markasdarkas on his lapras that took 2 months to MM.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...psa56771ad.jpg

I'm now up in the vicinity of 800 REs for Unown in Platinum's Solaceon Ruins (I've been playing all afternoon and part of the evening, and I'll be playing for about another seven hours from now). I moved out of the main hall into one of the small side chambers, so the shininess is open to 20 of the 26 letters (the other 6 only spawn in certain main halls). I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear the sparkly sound soon, but I'm fully expecting to be at this for the next week.

I'm averaging about two encounters a minute, or roughly 100 per hour. Seeing a lot of Unown but nothing's sparkling yet.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 31st May 2013 at 7:06 AM.

Congrats too: TheMaster327 on Uxie, Maldoror on Piloswine, Ampharos_Spark on her second Boldore, Blue Shuckle on Shuckle, Scrufox86 on Shroomish, Cpchris on his second Shiny Koffing, cocoadragon on Chinchou, ohjeezitskim on Pawniard, Markasdarkas on Lapras and VictorC on Magikarp! I haven't hunted myself since Wednesday since I needed more study time for my exams which are on for the next two weeks, although I did manage to get my brother to do SR's for Squirtle for me and count them: I'm on 5,300 SR's for that now. I'm taking a break from study since I've been going hard all week(classes have been nothing but revision and I've been studying in all my five classes each hour, in tute, at recess and lunch and for 2+ hours at home) until Monday, since I have Monday and Tuesday off as I have no exams then. So, I'm going to be going very hard for Eevee! I should be able to get up to 13,000 RE's for it: I wonder if it'll shine? Good luck as always guys!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

I think I'm somewhere between 1,200 and 1,400 REs for Unown. Next time I randomly decide to RE something, I'll actually make an attempt to keep accurate count. This time, I started while I was away from home and didn't bother to count, and now it's too late to get any sort of accurate count.

Still no shiny. But I'm not leaving these ruins without one

Quote Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
    Community Hunt Complete! sorry for posting this a week later but for my birthday on the 22nd, the pokemon gods shined their love down upon me and I hatched a shiny magikarp. b-day magic ftw!
    Congrats on all the recent shinies, especially markasdarkas on his lapras that took 2 months to MM.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...psa56771ad.jpg
    Oh, so lucky, the base evolution of my favorite shiny ! I really should try to get one.
    How many times it took ? Was it long to box and hatcg eggs of Magikarp ? Was it difficult ? Did you have fun doing this one ? I really want to know if it worth me to try !
    Congratulations to the latest shinies and good luck to everyone !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Update on the CH starting tomorrow: I'm HOPING to post the list tonight at midnight EDT (GMT-4)
    Apologies if it ends up being late, I have my uncle's funeral today and I'm not quite sure how long I'll be kidnapped by family for it.

Also, I won't be able to update the list today, so sorry to anyone who finishes the current hunt in its final hours >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Wow... I'm still in utter shock...

First off, congrats to all the hunters I've missed on their new shinies, and best of luck on the new community hunt! I do hope I'll be able to join you guys.

And second... Well, I've been training up a mono-poison team for a challenge my friend made, and as I was training it, I was reminded of how much I love shiny Weezing. So, I decided that after I bred and trained my team, I'd use my good Weezing and try to MM myself a good shiny version. To that end, I figured I'd use the GTS and try to get a foreign female Weezing to get the highest possible chance of eggs as well as the increased shiny odds. After being disappointed in the lack of female Weezings looking for legal trades, I decided to put one of my Dream Radar Porygons that I can't use and don't want on offer and see if I could get a foreign one by chance. Then I forgot all about it for a few days, until I was reminded about it this morning at work. After the first part of my shift was over, I came home and checked the GTS. In all honesty, I didn't expect anyone to give me a female Weezing for my Porygon, so I was pleasantly surprised when the screen took a long time to load, indicating that the trade had indeed happened.

Then the Weezing appeared, and my jaw dropped. And stayed dropped for a good thirty seconds.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img11/3214/img0888zl.jpg

A magnificent sea green gasbag with clouds of purple swirling around the main body. Level 100, Bold nature, fairly decent competitive moveset. I couldn't believe it. I checked it out with the stat judge in Nimbasa city. It's flawless, probably RNG'd or maybe Pokechecked (I'm guessing Pokecheck is more likely). I checked out the EVs with Bianca and apparently it's not maxed out its EVs, but it's "worked hard" (whatever that means) on HP and Defense.

I'm still in shock. I've never been given a shiny over the GTS. I think either someone really hated this Weezing and just wanted to get rid of it, or possibly a younger sibling/idiot friend started messing with someone's cartridge. It's hard to imagine someone wanting a Porygon THAT badly.

But whatever. Wherever this thing came from and however it ended up being traded to me, I'm really happy about this girl! A shiny I've wanted for ages and it came to me in the most unexpected way. Not too shabby! ^_^
    Last edited by zozo; 31st May 2013 at 3:59 PM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post

First off, congrats to all the hunters I've missed on their new shinies, and best of luck on the new community hunt! I do hope I'll be able to join you guys.

And second... Well, I've been training up a mono-poison team for a challenge my friend made, and as I was training it, I was reminded of how much I love shiny Weezing. So, I decided that after I bred and trained my team, I'd use my good Weezing and try to MM myself a good shiny version. To that end, I figured I'd use the GTS and try to get a foreign female Weezing to get the highest possible chance of eggs as well as the increased shiny odds. After being disappointed in the lack of female Weezings looking for legal trades, I decided to put one of my Dream Radar Porygons that I can't use and don't want on offer and see if I could get a foreign one by chance. Then I forgot all about it for a few days, until I was reminded about it this morning at work. After the first part of my shift was over, I came home and checked the GTS. In all honesty, I didn't expect anyone to give me a female Weezing for my Porygon, so I was pleasantly surprised when the screen took a long time to load, indicating that the trade had indeed happened.

Then the Weezing appeared, and my jaw dropped. And stayed dropped for a good thirty seconds.

A magnificent sea green gasbag with clouds of purple swirling around the main body. Level 100, Bold nature, fairly decent competitive moveset. I couldn't believe it. I checked it out with the stat judge in Nimbasa city. It's flawless, probably RNG'd or maybe Pokechecked (I'm guessing Pokecheck is more likely). I checked out the EVs with Bianca and apparently it's not maxed out its EVs, but it's "worked hard" (whatever that means) on HP and Defense.

I'm still in shock. I've never been given a shiny over the GTS. I think either someone really hated this Weezing and just wanted to get rid of it, or possibly a younger sibling/idiot friend started messing with someone's cartridge. It's hard to imagine someone wanting a Porygon THAT badly.

But whatever. Wherever this thing came from and however it ended up being traded to me, I'm really happy about this girl! A shiny I've wanted for ages and it came to me in the most unexpected way. Not too shabby! ^_^
    I had a similar incident when looking for a female turtwig to MM. I logged into the GTS and had that same pause and thought "well, now I can get started breeding" and the thing popped up as a level 5 shiny female. It passed the smell test (right location, stats were correct, etc), so I can only assume it was someone's clone.

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post

If its from Pokecheck its RNG abused most likely. There's no real way to tell though, upload it to Pokecheck and see if it matches another poke on there. Pokecheck will also tell you its legal.
    But there's no difference between a "hunted" shiny and a "RNGed" shiny.
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 31st May 2013 at 7:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Oh, so lucky, the base evolution of my favorite shiny ! I really should try to get one.
    How many times it took ? Was it long to box and hatcg eggs of Magikarp ? Was it difficult ? Did you have fun doing this one ? I really want to know if it worth me to try !
    Congratulations to the latest shinies and good luck to everyone !
    the karp eggs hatch very quickly actually. i could barely get a full party of eggs before they started hatching, so i just hatched them as i got them. I had a lot of fun with this hunt. i really wanted to get a shiny gyarados with my OT that wasn't the event shiny from gen 4. Was hoping for the DW ability moxie but didn't get it. I am not upset tho cause he has 31 IVs in speed if you really want a shiny gyarados i reccomend getting one, it's worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    If its from Pokecheck its RNG abused most likely. There's no real way to tell though, upload it to Pokecheck and see if it matches another poke on there. Pokecheck will also tell you its legal.
    But there's no difference between a "hunted" shiny and a "RNGed" shiny.
    In a literal sense, no, but there is that satisfaction from the kind of effort it takes to find a "hunted" shiny. That's why shiny hunters are hunters and not RNG'ers, most often. RNG definitely takes great effort to master, but again, it's the type of effort hunters like.

As for my hunt, which is now at 2500 SR's, I've got to thinking about what kind of ball I should try to catch Mewtwo in, when it decides to shine. So I've decided to ask? What would fit best with shiny Mewtwo?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Hi~! I'm so thrilled about the community challenge next month~! I cannot believe it so one day away~!
    Good luck to everyone on there hunts, and participation in the June shinenge challange~! Lets see some sparkles fly~*
    Anyway, Congratiez on the recent shinies, and good luck to all~!

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    In a literal sense, no, but there is that satisfaction from the kind of effort it takes to find a "hunted" shiny. That's why shiny hunters are hunters and not RNG'ers, most often. RNG definitely takes great effort to master, but again, it's the type of effort hunters like.

As for my hunt, which is now at 2500 SR's, I've got to thinking about what kind of ball I should try to catch Mewtwo in, when it decides to shine. So I've decided to ask? What would fit best with shiny Mewtwo?
    Hmm... Well personally, I think a Dusk Ball would look very nice.

And I was wondering since I must have missed something, what is the community challenge this month?

-Elite Four Karen

I wish I could participate in the next CH but My exam is getting closer and closer. I'll be hunting for Deino but it'll be a slow hunt. Right now I'm @ 180 eggs.
    Anyways, Congratz on the recent shinies and good luck. ^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

*whoops and does a happy dance* HUNT COMPLETE! 117 REs into Day 4 of the Shiny Unown Hunt and THIS pops up!

Bold nature, Atk 36, Def 30, Sp. Atk 35, Sp. Def 28, Speed 25. Levitate ability.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...psf4313cf9.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0075b6a8.jpg

I was leading with my Gyarados, since it's only lvl 22 and still knows the move Tackle, which can bring down a shiny's HP in a couple whacks without worrying about accidentally KO-ing it. Three whacks and one great ball and Unown X is ALL MINE!!!

*saves three times, just in case*

Edit: how does one post an actual picture here, and not just a link?
    Last edited by Cyberra; 31st May 2013 at 9:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    *whoops and does a happy dance* HUNT COMPLETE! 117 REs into Day 4 of the Shiny Unown Hunt and THIS pops up!

Bold nature, Atk 36, Def 30, Sp. Atk 35, Sp. Def 28, Speed 25. Levitate ability.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...psf4313cf9.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0075b6a8.jpg

I was leading with my Gyarados, since it's only lvl 22 and still knows the move Tackle, which can bring down a shiny's HP in a couple whacks without worrying about accidentally KO-ing it. Three whacks and one great ball and Unown X is ALL MINE!!!

*saves three times, just in case*

Edit: how does one post an actual picture here, and not just a link?
    Congrats! Nice Unown

To post an actual picture, you need to make an account on a picture-hosting site, like Photobucket or Snapfish. Upload your pictures to that site, and then put the URL of the picture in between
    [IMG][/IMG] tags. Then your picture should show up as a picture and not a link. Sites like that also usually have IMG tag links for all of your photos that you can just copy.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I have a Photobucket account, and I have been using the IMG tag link. It still just shows as a URL and not a picture ;_;

Page 229 of 947 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast