Page 23 of 942 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

1,200 encounters in Relic Passage now. Off work for the entire weekend, so can expect that number to have tripled by Sunday night...

Oh, and congrats to all recent shinies, especially Kitty's Rayquaza!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

9,600 REs

Hunting Phase 3 on route 207 and my route 3 hunt now, I need the shiny charm x:
    How can I get the shiny charm easily?
    Last edited by darkdrapion; 24th November 2012 at 2:14 AM.

Well looks like my prediction of getting a shiny within 6,000 to 7,000 didn't come true. Damn just got to 7,000 encounters. Probably will do a couple hundred more during the lakers game

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Senrab, I know that you don't have to listen to me, but don't give up, especially after all that work you put into it. Just make sure you're doing something else at the time, like watching a DVD or something. Otherwise it can get very mentally draining. Give up AFTER you've finished your hunt, if you want to. Although, at the end of the day, it's your choice! We all know how it is sometimes, though, but just persevere with it for that rush.
    Yeah, I'm gonna try to keep going until I get one so I don't just waste all the time I've spent so far. And it'll be a nice feeling once I actually do get it.^^ I do other things at the same time, (there's no way I could just hatch eggs for hours) but it's still kinda hard to keep going sometimes. I just hope I don't end up really unlucky and don't get a shiny until 10,000 eggs hatched or something.

Anyway, I'm at about 1,200 eggs now, and I plan to hatch for a few more hours tonight.

YAY! JUST YAY! I got a shiny sneasel from MMing today! It hatched on the 299th egg and is a female just like a had wanted! I named her Pearl as a planned to and I'm going to hatch all the leftover eggs I have. If I get another one I'll put it up for trade if anyone's interested. I only have another box to go so it's not likely though. The hunt hunt is either going to start on the Lake Trio SR or I am going to MM Tediursa, one of my favorite childhood Pokemon (I played XD a lot).
    Last edited by BunniBear4; 24th November 2012 at 3:56 AM.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

After an onslaught of other games and the Wii U launch, I finally got around to starting up Kyogre again. I'm at 1600 SR atm. Good luck with your hunts people.
    Shinies: :663:
    (Jirachi is the japanese Tanabata event.)

Currently hunting: N/A

10,500 RE in Chargestone Cave! Please appear in the next 500RE! Last two hunts have been over the odds and excruciatingly long!
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Congrats on all the shinies everyone.

Only did 50 REs today. 850 total now...So let's see, only 50 REs, no progress on my research paper, and didn't work until 5pm...What did I do all day?!

Almost at 4000 total REs according to my trainer card (3,997). My Litwick was at something like 2300 REs...Have the exact number somewhere...So who knows if I'll get Eevee before I start going over the odds!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Well i got great news my shiny appeared, its been about little over a week of SR and it was actually short even though i didnt really count my sync worked he adamant and it only took 4 luxury balls.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-23at2103.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...1-23at2113.jpg

Congrats on all recent shinies, im gonna try to finish the trio before the month is up. Good luck peeps
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

Congrats on Terrakion! Gonna hunt for that one day myself I think!

Well this has been my shortest MM hunt ever! After only 27(!!!) eggs shiny Caterpie just hatched! So happy since its a shiny I've always wanted!

Yes! Good shinies you two! Caterpie is a great shiny, and Terrakion too.

Ok, I'm at 200 REs in Fuego Ironworks and 3,175 SRs for Lugia.

I'm actually confident about today, because Klink shone a week ago. Since ESPN are showing Villa V Arsenal, I might nab a shiny. Klink shone just before kick-off last week at Norwich V Man Utd, so good luck might continue! GLE
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

i'm on a total of 12.8k Random Encounters at the Giant Chasm Plains, 5 Noob Shiny's, I want dat Metang! :S:S 1.5k RE since my last shiny.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Putting Zangoose MM on hold x:
    Still continuing my other hunts but getting shiny charm atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneth777 View Post
    After an onslaught of other games and the Wii U launch, I finally got around to starting up Kyogre again. I'm at 1600 SR atm. Good luck with your hunts people.
    Good luck with Kyogre! That thing ended up being my longest hunt EVER with over 13,000 SRs! Also, congrats dan on Caterpie, its so cute :3, BunniBear on Sneasel (I love my pink Sneasel and refuse to evolve it), and also on the Terrekion, ChaChi! I have Cobalion already and plan to eventually finish the trio! I managed to trade over the entire kanto region pokemon to my black 2 yesterday and am now working on Johto. This is going to take a while...

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 24th November 2012 at 3:39 PM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. ? 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #4- ? & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Wow Congrats everyone on all the new shinies!!! Shiny Terrakion, caterpie, sneasel, and any others I missed are all great shinies! I got bored with abundant shrine so im now in chargestone cave. Seeing alot of hunts in there so it got me motivated to do a hunt in there. wish me luck for a really quick hunt!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Did 50 REs today, would help if some of them didn't take a solid 1min+ to encounter....1 min and 15 seconds for one, and right after that it took exactly 1 min to encounter...Oh well, nothing I can do about it. Probably won't get many more today since I have to work for the next 10-12 hours and depending on if I get out early enough, hang out with friends.

This might be a stupid question, but can you get multiple encounters without leaving the spot you're on? Like if I get an encounter on a certain patch, then after that, stay on that patch and just change direction, can I get another encounter there? Or would I have to leave that space first? Just wondering since lately, I haven't seen it happen. Haven't been able to stay in the same patch without eventually moving out of it accidentally.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

It is now day 14 on the hunt for Mandibuzz, not only is this the longest hunt on my BQ so far, it is my longest SR hunt ever beating out Tepig which took 12 days. Paranoia is starting to kick in now, since I'm not 100% sure it can be shiny and I've seen no one successfully get one but I just have to stay hopeful. But does anyone know for sure that it can be shiny? Gratz on all the shinies lately and send some of that luck my way lol.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

If Braviary can (You said you saw some videos with a shiny Braviary from the same location), Mandibuzz can. Just keep at it, you will get it soon. I've been hunting for two weeks as well.

3,272 SRs, I have more to do today for sure.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

woooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... charmander reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally wont shine will he.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Congrats dan on caterpie and chachi on terrakion, and the rest. Getting less and less motivated. Was busy until about n hour ago so now at 960 eggs, 1000 tonight =( Gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

1300 eggs hatched now. I'm almost past the odds...

9.4k Soft reserts for Latios and still nothing. This is my very first SR hunt for a legendary and its proving to be a tough challenge lol I will probably take a break from hunting once I get it so I can focus a bit more on wifi battling.
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

I just started my Uxie hunt. 46 SRs in right now but I have to take a shower as a break time for it. I'll probably get over way over 100 later today.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Yikes, I haven't posted since way back before the end of the last thread, but I've finally caught up on everything now, so big blanket congrats on everyone's new shinies!

Congrats on Rattata Helio, even though it wasn't what you wanted |D and sorry that you missed Petil. I hope you're feeling better after that panic attack too, that must've been horrible :O.

I've just gotten to 4000 SRs for Groudon on SoulSilver and I'm on 2030 SRs for Tepig on White 2. Thanks to Assassin's Creed 3 I've not done as much on my hunts as I would've in the last week or two XD. KittyKitty, you've motivated me to finally get Groudon since you've completed the Shiny Weather Trio, and I'm really hoping I'll be able to get him before the Community Hunt ends :3. I'll do some more SRing while I watch Merlin. It'd be great if he shone then~

Good luck everybody on your hunts! ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

I just ran across a Shiny Mincinno on Route 4 in W2, no shining charm. Caught it, of course. Named him Cicero. Yes, him -_-
    And Shiny Mincinno is pink. Oh well.

I ended up evolving him. No longer pink, but it's not that interesting.

Still, a shiny is a shiny.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

Page 23 of 942 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast