Page 235 of 888 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Japanese Black. Then I can start MMing for some of these cool shinies! I tried SRing (Volcarona, White 2), but apparently I lack the patience for it >>;;;
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Wow, guys!

Congrats to ZirZarzoon, RaichuArcanine, 2rsa, Cyndajay, 201238, cocoadragon, ohjeezitskim, Jessara, and Zane on your recent shinies!

I passed egg 1,024 for my shiny Aron hunt last night, meaning I'm over the odds with Masuda Method and the shiny charm, and am now at 1,050 eggs hatched.

Here's hoping he/she doesn't take *too* long to shine now...

Good luck everyone - keep at it!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Yes! First shiny of June!!

This shone after only 3 days of SRing and Timid sync worked! Now Uxie is next to complete the shiny Lake Trio! Good luck everyone. :]
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Long time no see! Well, it feels like it, anyway! Congratulations to (phew!) TheEliteEmpoleon, HGaddict, Papousse, Dangertrout, pxm1, Varanus_komodoensis, 2rsa x2, 201238, ElectricBassClef, Blue Shuckle x3, Frost Mage, City of Delusion, Laurelai, Cocoadragon x3 (curse those rats!), maldoror x2, ohjeezitskim x4!, TheMaster327, Ampharos_Spark, Scrufox86, Cpchris, Markasdarkas, Victor C, Cyberra, ChaoticInverse, Lucario Man 101, KittyKitty, Bariokie, ZirZarzoon, RaichuArcanine, Cyndajay x3 (hey, our double Minccino story is kind of similar!), Kyle, and Colton S! I hope that's all ... I think that's all.

Thanks for the Abra congrats, AquaRegisteel, Papousse, HGaddict, Cpchris, City of Delusion, ElectricBassClef, and Ampharos_Spark.

I've evolved him into Alakazam and stuck with Hocus for his nickname, which I'm sure is a very original name, but it just stuck to him in the end. Thanks for your suggestions as usual, Papousse.

And thanks for the clarification of my Badge Quest, guys! It feels great to have completed a Badge Quest, even if it was a little bit messy. On the other hand, my White 2 Badge Quest isn't so messy or "lopsided" as my HG one. And yes, I'm back with another shiny!

It's not really an amazing story or anything, but after 5758 REs, I heard the sparkles this morning when I was surfing the net. I actually really wanted to see the shiny appear, so I made sure to check as many of the encounters as they were first appearing as possible. But there were also plenty of times where I was just going through the motions and listening to hear the sparkles, and it decided to shine when I was merely listening, so I missed the entire thing other than the very last second when the sparkles were disappearing! But it was such a nice sound to hear, anyway. After my last hunt on this game, I wasn't really expecting anything to appear so soon. I mean, it was still under the odds, so it was a welcome change from my Woobat hunt.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8868/1000988br.jpg

She's now level 47. I wasn't a massive fan of her shiny form when I first saw it on Serebii, etc, but I do have to admit that it looks much better in game. I do think her eye area is a little odd, but I've gotten used to it and it looks a lot better in motion. I think that they were maybe wanting to give the shiny form a sort of typical crocodile colouration or something like that, and while I love Krookodile's normal colour, I have grown to like the shiny form on its own, too.

I had planned out my next target in this Badge Quest, but I soon realised that there's a road block along the way, in the form of a man telling me to grab the next badge before heading to the PWT and it looks like I have had to go somewhere else instead now. I have chosen a spot and I've been encountering there for a couple of hours already. A veteran trainer nearly handed my butt to me with his level 51 Pokémon, and I really was not expecting it! It was a combination of pretty amusing and devastating to see my team be thumped and bashed to pieces by some random grandpa standing on a cliff.

Anyway, good luck to everyone, especially those over the odds!
    Congratulations on her, very interesting !
    I have to admit, I like her name, so sweet! Does it count in your White 2 Badge Quest or is it one random ? Because she's not in your signature.
    Anyway, I'm proud of you, you've grown so much since Gemini and I have to say you've made it until the end and I was there to assist, so great job (I'll try to follow you on your White 2 and, I hope, on the next Badge Quest after it!). What's your next hunting spot ? I really want to know !
    Good luck to you!
    As for me, well I'm not hunting this month. Too much things to do for the upcoming end of the year and I started a Leaf Green game (where I'm not hunting shinies, but if I encounter one, you'll see of my news!) so I'm spending my time on it.
    Congratulations to the latest shinies and good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 5th June 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

chained 3 shiny eevees broke chain at 43
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

I captured a shiny Gulpin on my hunt of Latias on Sapphire. Captured it without landing a single hit, with a great ball. I've been looking for a shiny Gulpin for ages.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

xDD Finally obtained my first shiny Eevee MMing!! Im kinda bummed because he is only above average and he had the really good parents so he could have been outstanding but his best potential lies in Att, Sp Att, and Sp Def which means he is 31 in each of those! He is timid nature I have a guess on what I should make it but I would love some suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaze12 View Post
    xDD Finally obtained my first shiny Eevee MMing!! Im kinda bummed because he is only above average and he had the really good parents so he could have been outstanding but his best potential lies in Att, Sp Att, and Sp Def which means he is 31 in each of those! He is timid nature I have a guess on what I should make it but I would love some suggestions!
    espeon or jolteon (if it has a good hidden power only). Espeon has more options like calm mind, grass knot, moonlight, etc.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

I can't believe this!!! After I EV trained Sneeky and defeated Elesa, I immediately started to hunt for my next shiny, and I just got her at 9:58 this morning! I saw her appear and I swear my jaw did one of those cartoonish drops that land on the floor. It just seems so hilarious to me because sometimes you just aren't anywhere near prepared for one to appear, and then it does, and you're stunned. So, after a Veteran guy almost destroyed my team, and after a measly 1,041 REs, I found a .... *drum roll*

Here's just some random shots, and one showing the fully grown Sneeky:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4857/1000994rn.jpg - First appearance
    http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7850/1000996g.jpg - Sneeky supports
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8861/1000997o.jpg - An itty bit of sparkle

I actually saw her appear this time. I was looking at the screen and immediately noticed her, but it was like everything stopped for a few moments before the sparkles actually appeared. It sounds really corny and sad, I know, but it was kind of like I couldn't believe what I was seeing and the sparkles took their sweet time confirming it.

Still reeling from her appearance, and I'm really excited that she wasn't another Swadloon. I would be stoked with anything else from there other than a Swadloon, but I thought I'd probably get that reverse effect where I'm hoping from something that isn't Swadloon, but get a shiny Swadloon anyway! Very happy!

I thought of Rosa as a name, but it's probably pretty common. Rosales might sound more masculine, but I'll do some research for names later... that is, if Rosales doesn't fit/stick.

Major congrats to Jessara on that Skarmory, City on that Azelf, pxm1 on those shiny Eevee (Eevee are Eevil to chain, I remember it well!), Mr. FusRoDah on that beautiful Gulpin, and NightHaze on the other shiny Eevee!

And thanks so much, City, YNCRN, and Papousse! Cheers, guys!

Papousse, thanks for those kind words, it means a lot! As for her name, I just wanted something that related to krook, and sounded both cute and "scary" at the same time, so the "eek!" part came about because of that. I think it fits her. Yes, she does count for my Badge Quest, I just haven't really updated my sig yet, and I think I'm actually out of room, too! I might have to do some remodelling there! And yes, I will definitely be doing a XY Badge Quest at some point! I'm finding them kind of fun, really! Frustrating at points, but also rewarding and exciting at others, as seen here.

Anyway, good luck to you all! Are there any games that need a beating up due to lack of shininess?

Edit: I just realised that my team is mainly female now! I have one male, one ... thing ... and three females. I guess Proteen/Emboar wouldn't be complaining! I wonder what my next one will be...?
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 5th June 2013 at 2:13 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    I can't believe this!!! After I EV trained Sneeky and defeated Elesa, I immediately started to hunt for my next shiny, and I just got her at 9:58 this morning! I saw her appear and I swear my jaw did one of those cartoonish drops that land on the floor. It just seems so hilarious to me because sometimes you just aren't anywhere near prepared for one to appear, and then it does, and you're stunned. So, after a Veteran guy almost destroyed my team, and after a measly 1,041 REs, I found a .... *drum roll*

Here's just some random shots, and one showing the fully grown Sneeky:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4857/1000994rn.jpg - First appearance
    http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7850/1000996g.jpg - Sneeky supports
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8861/1000997o.jpg - An itty bit of sparkle

I actually saw her appear this time. I was looking at the screen and immediately noticed her, but it was like everything stopped for a few moments before the sparkles actually appeared. It sounds really corny and sad, I know, but it was kind of like I couldn't believe what I was seeing and the sparkles took their sweet time confirming it.

Still reeling from her appearance, and I'm really excited that she wasn't another Swadloon. I would be stoked with anything else from there other than a Swadloon, but I thought I'd probably get that reverse effect where I'm hoping from something that isn't Swadloon, but get a shiny Swadloon anyway! Very happy!

I thought of Rosa as a name, but it's probably pretty common. Rosales might sound more masculine, but I'll do some research for names later... that is, if Rosales doesn't fit/stick.

Major congrats to Jessara on that Skarmory, City on that Azelf, pxm1 on those shiny Eevee (Eevee are Eevil to chain, I remember it well!), Mr. FusRoDah on that beautiful Gulpin, and NightHaze on the other shiny Eevee!

And thanks so much, City, YNCRN, and Papousse! Cheers, guys!

Papousse, thanks for those kind words, it means a lot! As for her name, I just wanted something that related to krook, and sounded both cute and "scary" at the same time, so the "eek!" part came about because of that. I think it fits her. Yes, she does count for my Badge Quest, I just haven't really updated my sig yet, and I think I'm actually out of room, too! I might have to do some remodelling there! And yes, I will definitely be doing a XY Badge Quest at some point! I'm finding them kind of fun, really! Frustrating at points, but also rewarding and exciting at others, as seen here.

Anyway, good luck to you all! Are there any games that need a beating up due to lack of shininess?
    Man you're insane, stop it !
    Where did you got that luck ? Especially for such a cool Pokémon. Luckily enough you got the right gender with it ! Roselia's a so graceful Pokémon and her shiny form is just way too nice and sweet ! I can feel the excitement and I'm not even the one who caught it, eheh ! Your White 2 team is quickly growing up !
    As for names, I couldn't agree more about Rosa (or other rose-names related) being a too common name, and when we think about Zane Clarthy, we usually think about original nicknames ! I will still give you some suggestions. How about Courtney, Katharin, Midnight (the colors of her flowers are matching with it), Lydia or Ivy ?
    Can I suggest you a spot to hunt ? Let's see... What do you think about soft reseting for the Deerling offered at the climate institue on Route 6 ? Or else maybe you could try hunting Tynamo (with Static in front, of course) or another Pokémon at the Chargestone Cave ? I don't really have good ideas. All good places are after Skyla. I guess that's all I can propose you, but good luck !
    Edit : Wow, I feel lucky ! After encountered a 1% of encounter rate Nidoran♂ in Leaf Green, I just looked up at his nature and it appears to be Adamant ! And without any effort, I got the best nature for him, so cool !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 5th June 2013 at 1:28 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Congrats on all these great shines everybody! And summer break hasn't even started for a lot of us. I'm personally finished Thursday and I can't wait.

Here with my first Route 111 hunt update. I'm now at 1,146 REs for it so I'm moving at a decent pace.

Good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I don't know what to say. I thought getting shiny Deino on the 207th egg was lucky but now I found Terrakion under 100 SRs!! On top of that I caught it with my second Pokeball. The luck stops there though cause it has a Modest nature (jolly sync failed). I'm not going to complain about the nature cause my trio is complete now.
    Congratz on the new shines guys, specially Zane. ^-^
    here is a pic of my Porthos (I was so excited that I completely forgot to take a picture while I was in battle with him):
    IMG_1210.JPG
    Last edited by 2rsa; 5th June 2013 at 9:15 AM.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Hey guys congrats on all the recent additions! I'm really tired now: had two three hour exams with a ten minute break in between. Anyway, I'm up to 824 SR's for Charmander. It'd be so cool if I could get it today as it's my little brother's fifteenth birthday today and his favorite pokemon is Charizard. Also, I'll dedicate my Sundays to do a hunt I've wanted to start for a while, Shiny Carvanha! Good luck guys.
    EDIT:I've decided to hunt in Viridian forest for my first hunt. I only didn't do it before as I forgot Pikachu is here( my main target, Shiny Raichu=Win!)
    EDIT 2: Turns out static has no outside battle effect. So I've gone back to Charmander. At 1,129 SR's.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 5th June 2013 at 4:21 PM. Reason: Changed Targets

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

0.o I guess I just have bad luck. I'm practically 5 times over MM'ing! Shine you stupid Caterpie!

congrats to ohjeezitskim on golurk and Jessara on that cool skarmory!! CoD for azelf, Zane Clarthy for sandile and roselia!

And i, got one of my top 20 favorite pokemons and my favorite chained ever!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSLDEY5eDTc

Thanks for those who congratulated me, and now i'll be back to the CH!
    Good luck to you all!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

OMG. SHINY Floatzel. O M G.

So, just got down to dual hunting on White2 and Platinum. I do an RE in Platinum, and look over to my White2 to do an RE, because the bike is useless in the sand...and the only thing I hear is sparkles coming from my other game! Glanced over and had a crap reaction. I'm somewhat annoyed that it was not Magnemite for the 2nd time in two seperate hunts! It shone after 23 REs today and 8,373 overall!

I will catch it now and make a video. Floatzel isn't bad though, and now I have Buizel and Floatzel! So, it's time to move out and head to Snowpoint for my next hunt!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I was doing some final SRs late last night while watching Jurassic Park 2 and after 12,020 SRs something shined for me! Unfortunately it was a 2nd shiny Poochyena. I actually saw this one slide across the screen and felt my heart jump a little before realizing I couldn't catch it. I am, however, not giving up on Treecko. So I press on the hunt, praying the next thing to shine will be Treecko.

At 12,400 SRs and counting...

Good luck to you, Wyvern! Keep going and you'll get it, I know it!

Gosh I'm starting to miss SRing. Believe it or not, even with the much better odds of using the Masuda Method, I still prefer SRing as it doesn't require as much attention and I find myself able to do it all day as opposed to an hour or so.

Any ideas on good SR spots? I was thinking about going for a shiny Golett in my White version, but Kim just got that one.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Congrats on all the new shinies!

After I got my Yanma to L100 I switched over the the Muskedeer. Their training went by very quickly and once they were done I switched to Regice but got bored very quickly. I eventually decided to trade everything over to my White 2. All the shinies are on that file now as is a lot of my older sentimental Pokémon.

Last night I felt like hunting and after looking at the areas, went to the Nature Preserve. In order of preference, my wants are:
    - Noctowl
    - Fraxure
    - Nuzleaf
    - Altaria
    - Golduck
    - Girafarig
    - Kecleon

I did two hours last night and when I went to do another hour today I figured why not dual hunt? I booted up White and headed to the Abundant Shrine on that game. Preferred shinies again:
    - Noctowl
    - Vulpix
    - Petilil
    - Bronzong
    - Stantler
    - Chimecho
    - Misdreavus

I just really like Noctowl's colouration! I have an old chained one (that's L100) but I'm not bothering to move the chained shinies over because there's too many, so I'd like a new one. However, most of the shinies in these routes are really pretty (and the ones that aren't have very low encounter rates anyway.)

God luck on the hunts!

Now at 960 MMs for Wingull and 750 REs in Castalia Park. I really hope that Wingull will shiny around 1000 MMs, but who knows. When Wingull shines I'll be going after Grimer in the sewers, since I can find it in the water for 100% encounter rate. I already have an idea of what I'll nickname Grimer, but I still need to hatch a shiny Wingull first in W2. As for White I'm hunting Carvanha and I'm at 665 REs, I think it would be kinda funny if it shone in just one more RE when I get back to that hunt.

On an other note I've decided to break up my shiny hunts a bit and do something different each day. For one 3DS I'll be playing W2 until Animal Crossing: New Leaf comes out and the other one would be used for White, HG, SS, and Platinum. I'd switch which one I'd play for each day. Congrats on the recent shinies and good luck to all ongoing hunts.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE)

Most Recent Shiny:
    ??? MM     Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    Good luck to you, Wyvern! Keep going and you'll get it, I know it!

Gosh I'm starting to miss SRing. Believe it or not, even with the much better odds of using the Masuda Method, I still prefer SRing as it doesn't require as much attention and I find myself able to do it all day as opposed to an hour or so.

Any ideas on good SR spots? I was thinking about going for a shiny Golett in my White version, but Kim just got that one.
    You shouldn't worry about if anyone has it, it's still unique to you. If you want it, do it. No one here has got Golett for the CH yet anyways =P If you do, I would advise you to bring a Pokemon with Illuminate ability and a Smoke Ball attached. Notably Watchog / Staryu / Chinchou. If you wanna do SRing, you could try SRing the muskedeer trio (Virizion, Cobalion or Terrakion) or Kyurem, or possibly a Foongus...do note that Cobalion counts for the CH =)

So, after grinding like crazy, Floatzel is Lv43 and is only two levels behind my highest (Lv45 Empoleon). I think I'm over levelled for this part of the game, so that's good. Just to train a Houndoom, then I'm into hunting at Acuity Lakefront!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

2724 random encounters (7474 total in the Chasm hunting for Metang) after Piloswine, it finally appeared!

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps03be1b49.jpg

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/...ps02f97bd4.jpg

I tried to catch it without using the masterball, but it knocked out my Watchog and I only had Volcarona and eggs left (and no revives) so I didn't want to chance it. It has a perfect HP IV and a dismal 3 in attack, but I love it anyway!
    Last edited by maldoror; 6th June 2013 at 1:47 AM.

I've been extremely busy lately, what with school, graduation, and a week-long vacation. So I'll just give a massive congratulations to everyone!!

Last week I came upon a shiny Sandshrew after 4,006 REs on Black 2! It's my second RE hunt (with the Shiny Charm) in a row to go over the odds, so I'm hoping for some easier hunts later on.

http://imageshack.us/a/img543/1181/img0198nn.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img829/1594/img0210xn.jpg

My FireRed BQ is still being stubborn, but I'm really excited to finally get it under way. I'm at 5,150 SRs for a shiny Bulbasaur and still going strong. And as for the CH, I already have two ongoing hunts that qualify for it! So stoked to see how June plays out!

Good luck to everyone!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Oh, yeah... Shiny Mesprit at 4,693 SRs! It couldn't escape nearly 3,400 SRs in the space of 3 days!

Spoiler:
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

6,400 SRs

Awesome job, The Master! Hard work always pays off in the end!
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Page 235 of 888 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast