Page 237 of 830 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 20750

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

It's so weird because I only have ever encountered two shinies since Red Gyarados. Both were RE and both were on my Black version, which is the version I play least.

I caught a shiny Sandile a few months back but never told anyone. It has a bold nature and it joined my in-game team since it was my first playthrough.

Just now, I caught a shiny Minccino! It won't be joining my team because it doesn't fit but it is SO CUTE!

Edit: Actually I forgot I encountered a Stantler in the Safari Zone in SS. It fled though, naturally.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    So, I haz a question. Whats everyone firsts? Like, what was your first ever completed hunts for each method?
    I'll start with my first successful random shiny, Steelix. I'd seen so many shinies before in Emerald's Frontier, and then a Great Marsh Wooper that fled, but this was a great encounter in Victory Road. This was when Platinum had just come out, and I was on my way to the Pokemon League, and shiny Steelix appeared. It didn't get me into hunting, but it's very memorable.

Chaining: Technically, Shinx, though it appeared in a non-sparkling patch on my 14th chain. Still a radar shiny, and this was when I looked only to the radar for my shiny interests. My first sparkling patch shiny was a Starly, proving that I could handle chaining. I still had no interest in other methods at the time, but got into chaining then.

SR: Rayquaza. I don't think I need to explain this one, other than it being the one to officially get me into shiny hunting. 2 months and ~26000 SR's was definitely worth it for my favorite shiny ever, but I would hope to never see another hunt go above 20000 SR's or RE's. On a related note, 5180 SR's for Mewtwo, so I'm hoping to see something shine soon, hopefully way before 20000 SR's.

MM: Since I'm still new at this, Wooper. I mentioned my runaway Wooper from the Great Marsh, and this was my way to avenge myself. I got 300 eggs hatched for it in Black, but after I got the charm in Black 2, I continued there to see the Wooper appear at 325 eggs. A great shiny, and I wouldn't be upset with another one somewhere down the line, since Wooper is awesome.

RE: My first official RE hunt was Joltik in Chargestone Cave. For a shiny charm hunt, it wasn't a generous one, appearing at 14000+ RE's. I was a little disappointed because it was the shiny I wanted the least from that cave, but it quickly grew on me, and I'm glad to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...

No way! Again? That's some awful luck there with the Rattata. Reminds me of when someone here got 6 or so shiny Rapidash before getting a female Combee. You know who you are. Seriously, though, you've got some serious persistence. Good luck with that Mareep! And while I'm at it, good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

So, I haz a question. Whats everyone firsts? Like, what was your first ever completed hunts for each method?
    MM- Eevee, who is now Espeon.
    RE - Petilil! Was searching for Venipede, now have two Petilil
    Chaining - One and only Shinx xD
    SR- None yet trying for braviary/johto starters now.

Did 525 SRs in SoulSilver, i'm taking a break from that and I'm going to RE some in my White 2 hopefully getting something xD!
    Good luck!
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 37

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Latest Shiny:

Random! 31/31/xx/31/31/31

1,100 SRs for Azelf already. Really piling these SRs into the time I'm off work...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    550 REs

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs) 3. (2,061 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Keep it going The Master, with dedication (as well as a lot of time of :P ) you'll get that shiny soon enough.

I'm about 300 or so RE into my Golett hunt, and nothing yet. Hopefully I'll get this soon!
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (MM)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Pokemon Name- Gurdurr
    Hunting Method- RE on Victory Road
    Game Used- Black 2
    With or Without Shiny Charm (if applicable)-w/ Shiny Charm

http://imageshack.us/a/img855/7406/img0213xr.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img194/5420/img0226qn.jpg

Took 1,893 REs on Victory Road, so not too bad. Originally I was hoping for Throh, but when I saw that Gurdurr was part of the CH I was really excited to find one. And on top of that, her nature is Adamant!

Good luck all!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunt

Sooo... nothing on my Ruby yet, just hit 14,600 SRs (had all day yesterday to hunt plus an hour this morning and had several hours tonight).

Be warned wall of text ahead! Read if you dare!

First shiny: This one has an interesting story attached to her. I was on the bus headed home after a particularly long day of eight grade and decided to train up my pokemon team in Emerald's Victory Road before taking on the Elite Four. Was nearly to my stop when an odd lime green and pink Whismur scawled across the screen. At this time I had no idea what shiny pokemon were (despite playing Silver and Crystal more than a dozen times) and had no idea what to think of it. I quickly decided to chuck a single pokeball at her and if it caught her then cool, if not then too bad. So I threw the ball, not expecting to catch her as she was level 40 and I didn't even bother with weakening her. Caught her and forgot about her by the time I got home.

A few months to a year later my friend Wayne found her sitting in my box and offered to trade me a Mew for her, and as Mew was my all time favorite pokemon at the time I eagerly agreed. He took the game home (his mom didn't allow him to bring his games to school) and brought t back a couple days later. Turns out he was unable to trade me the Mew so he just took the Whismur anyway. It's safe to say that when I later discovered what shiny Pokemon were, (shortly after the release of Diamond and Pearl) I was devastated.

Then, during my junior year of High School while hanging out with the small crowd of teenagers at my school who played pokemon, Wayne came up to me and offered me some of the pokemon he didn't want. Imagine my surprise when one of those pokemon was a female shiny Exploud! I knew instantly that she was my stolen Whismur and jumped at the chance to get her back (turns out Wayne forgot he got her from me). She's level fifty-two now and is sittng comfortably in my White 2 party with my other shinies.

MM: Had tried this method several times in the past (first for Absol, hatched like 200 eggs and realized none of my pokemon were of a different nationality and second for Eevee (japanese Ditto and my own Eevee) on Black got somewhere near 1,000 eggs before giving up).

It wasn't until my first ever BQ (in HeartGold) that I was finally successful. I really wanted a shiny Vulpix and as they weren't available in HG and I had no other option than to MM it. I had braced myself for a potentially long and tedious hunt; to say I was surprised when I looked down and saw the golden fox after only 77 eggs would be an understatement. Unfortunately I had to go to class in ten minutes so I couldn't stare at her for very long and had a hard time finding a good name for her. I eventually settled on Aeron but I'm still not completely satisfied with it. (Interesting fact: she and my shiny Lucario, Aegis, have the same father; a japanese Cyndaquil that I found on a used SS I bought a few months prior)

RE: Was hunting for a shiny Mareep for my BQ shiny #2 when something else shined (despite using the static ability). It had taken 3,900+ and was the shiny i didn't really want but had a feeling was going to shine anyway. Shiny Bellsprout. Named her Anthea and despite her not being the shiny I wanted, I love her to bits.

SR: My first SR shiny was also my first ever hunted shiny. I really wanted a shiny Hoenn starter as that was (and is) my favorite region. Not sure why I chose to go after Mudkip (since I prefer Torchic) but I did. I hunted for it for a couple of days occasionally triple hunting (can't hunt on more than one system for more than fifteen minutes as it actually stresses me out, while single hunting relaxes me).

One morning, I had about ten minutes to hunt before I had to take my Mythology quiz and decided why not and did a few SRs. Just as the teacher's assisant walked into to the classroom I saw the pink/purplish Mudkip pop out of his pokeball and my heart jumped.

Chain My first successful chained shiny is totally original, Shinx. Shinx and its evos are among my favorites (especially the shiny forms). After Dozens of failed attempts I finally succeeded in finding a shiny patch (at first I was a little disappointed that the shiny was female as I wanted a male I could name Gizmo). But I dearly love my little Kaelani and wouldn't trade her for the world!

quick question. I am drawing my own shiny card by hand and and am unsure if I should include my three chained shinies (all are Shinx/Luxray). What do you guys think? If I include them I will draw each of them not just one and say x3. If I include them should I also include the original Gizmo- who was lost when my 2nd diamond cartridge disappeared (he was chained while Gizmo #2 was through MM)

So many shinies. Congrats to everyone. I finally have time to play and got octillery to help. I am really hoping carvanha shine instead basculin. Good luck to everyone hunt.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Congrats to *Murkrow on Fraxure, Heliotrope on Zigzagoon (too bad though), 201238, *Murkrow on Chimecho, cocoadragon on Ratata (sorry its still not something else >.<), ayeeprill on Minccino, and pokemaster13 on Gurdurr!

Thanks for the gratz everyone.. but uhh..

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    City Of Delusion on Uxie
    I got Azelf xD! Working on Uxie now lol.
    You know what? I almost told TheMaster327 congrats on the Uxie in my last post as well before I realized that wasn't it...What is it with me thinking you guys are getting Uxie >.<?! Well, congrats on Azelf

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    No way! Again? That's some awful luck there with the Rattata. Reminds me of when someone here got 6 or so shiny Rapidash before getting a female Combee. You know who you are. Seriously, though, you've got some serious persistence. Good luck with that Mareep! And while I'm at it, good luck everyone!
    Yeah I was trying to think of who that person was, too...I was trying to think how many more Koffing's I'd need to catch up to their Rapidashes...Although I could just compete with cocoadragon now I'm one behind, I think? 2 Koffings honestly isn't bad, I'm just wondering if I'll see more or not.

As for City's question...Well, all my shinies currently are in my Shiny Card, so I could answer it with that But my first completed RE was Eevee, and my first completed SR was Piplup...Have yet to Chain or MM.

I only did 100 REs each game today...Partly because of work this afternoon/night, but I spent a good part of the day reading, since my coworker lent me the 3rd book in the series now, and I've had it for like 2 weeks and I'm not even half way through >.< I'll hopefully get more done tomorrow.

Good luck!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 6,800 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 16,000 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#11) (Dragon's Den) - Magikarp: 1,900 REs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Sorry to post again so soon, but I really can't believe what just happened...

So after finding my shiny Gurdurr earlier today while triple hunting, I closed my second DS and focused on my Black 2. I caught the Gurdurr, saved and turned off the game, then went off and did some other stuff that needed to get done. When I got home a little while ago I saw the flashing light on my other DS and realized that I hadn't turned Black off yet. When I opened it I found that I was already entering into a battle.... with a freakin copper-colored Klink. My DS was sitting there for like 6 hours, and I had no idea that I was in a battle with a shiny Klink! So basically I just found simultaneous shinies, even though I saw them 6 hours apart from each other... Holy crap I was literally shaking when I saw it lol.

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/1406/img0233xl.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img191/453/img0245xic.jpg

Well, I probably won't do much shiny hunting for awhile, as I now have three shinies I need to train up. Good luck once again!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunt

I'm 466 REs into a shiny Golurk hunt at the Dragonspiral Tower. Leading with my Mandibuzz since she's the only pokemon on my team low enough in levels to weaken a shiny Golurk without OHKO'ing it. I've settled in for the long haul, since I just don't have the luck to find a shiny early.

My Japanese copy of Black arrived! Now I just have to play it and catch a Ditto I can use for breeding. Then I can start MMing!

I'd also like to mention a RL RE I had yesterday, with something even RARER than a shiny pokemon. A male Actias luna, the North American Luna Moth. I have never seen one before except in pictures. My mom had never seen one before, either, and she's 60.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I'd also like to mention a RL RE I had yesterday, with something even RARER than a shiny pokemon. A male Actias luna, the North American Luna Moth. I have never seen one before except in pictures. My mom had never seen one before, either, and she's 60.
    Wow, nice! I've only seen one, but it was dead at the time. It was in a spider web at my school I've always wanted to see a live luna moth flying when it's dark, right when you can see its green glow.

Right now trying to find a Trapinch on R/S/E by random encounter. Hopefully I'll see it in my Sapphire, as I've never seen a shiny on that game, but any game would be reallllly nice
    Latest Shiny (7/18/14)
    Obtained via: Random Horde
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Hey everybody, im really new here! My favourite shiny pokemon is krookodile, hence the username!

Im currently hunting oshawott, and I am currently on 10,236 SR's on my white 2. I really hope it shines soon! :/
    You all have sooo many shinies! i only have 4! Electrode, krookodile (yay!), walrein and charizard.

Thanks for letting me join the community!

OMG!!!!

It happened again!!!
    I just got my 6th shiny on my Badge Quest! I am on such a high right now!!! I was shaking so much when I was trying to capture him because I think I just felt so overwhelmed and shocked. I have been so lucky it's ridiculous! I mean, I know it's all so random, and I know that I do put a lot of time and effort into it just like everyone else here, but I guess I can never get used to actually being successful and finding that shiny.

Okay, so ... calming down, this hunt was a SR hunt. I finished training my Roserade up, and beat up Clay and headed to Mistralton City and opened up more of the game to explore, but I sort of didn't feel in the mood for a SR hunt right that minute. However, I wasn't really keen on hunting anywhere else, either. I didn't want to get doubles or hunt in another cave-like area, so I thought, "Stuff it, head there and go hard at it." and hopefully it would pay off. So, the same day I found my Roselia, and I finished EV training her and all that other stuff, I camped in front of my target and began. I did not let up on it since. Obviously I do have commitments too, like everyone else, so I don't mean to say I did it non-stop, but let's just say my hands are kind of sore. I guess that's a bad thing.

Anyway, I SRed all day yesterday and from about 12 today. I then got home and had something to eat and then I went and sat down with my DS and SRed a bit more. I turned on my laptop about ten minutes later, and as soon as it booted up, I looked over to see the Pokémon appearing and immediately noticed it was shiny, but also felt like it wasn't real, if that makes sense ... The Pokémon sure looked different, and I knew it was, so I can't really explain my thought process, but I just had to see those sparkles for myself for it to confirm to me that it actually was a shiny! I guess others would get that dumbfounded feeling too, right?

And here we go!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1625/1001000i.jpg
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7044/1001002w.jpg

The battle was intense ... at least for me it was! It was a kind of different feeling than my Roselia or Sandile battles. For some reason I couldn't stop shaking and I was getting so stressed out ... it sounds kinda sad, huh? Shiner, the Watchog, kept on getting burnt or KOed, and I was trying to capture him in a Premier Ball, three of which shook the whole three times before he snapped back out again! Net Balls didn't seem to help much, either, but the first one of those I three rolled back and forth three times, too, only for him to defy capture once again. Every other ball rolled once, or not at all.

In the end, Shiner carked it again, and so Proton stepped in, and I used Thunder Wave as I was sick of trying to put him to sleep.

After a few more Net Balls, one of which shook three times but still didn't capture him, he was mine!!!

I still feel a little shaky at the moment. I have had such a great Badge Quest, really, the only awful hunt being for my Woobat. I don't really know how long Tepig really took, and I don't know how many SRs Volcarona took, either. But I feel so happy with my game right now.

Thanks for the congrats on Sandile and Roselia, Papousse, 2rsa, 201238, Cpchris, Crashandcortex, and RaichuArcanine!

Major congrats to 2rsa, AquaRegisteel, maldoror, Pokemaster13 x3!!!, TheMaster327, NightHaze12, *Murkrow x2, and Heliotrope (sorry to hear it's another double ...) and good luck to everyone hunting right now!

I'm really sorry to hear about your Yanma and those pesky rats, Cocoa. Hey, now that you have a few shinies from there, maybe you could move on in the game and go to the place where Flaaffy resides instead, and Static pull them there ... or do you really want a shiny Mareep first? You wouldn't run the risk of getting another rat again ... but I understand if it's the principle of it all, too. Like you just feel determined to get that sheep to shine no matter what ... good luck, pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Man you're insane, stop it !
    Where did you got that luck ? Especially for such a cool Pokémon. Luckily enough you got the right gender with it ! Roselia's a so graceful Pokémon and her shiny form is just way too nice and sweet ! I can feel the excitement and I'm not even the one who caught it, eheh ! Your White 2 team is quickly growing up !

As for names, I couldn't agree more about Rosa (or other rose-names related) being a too common name, and when we think about Zane Clarthy, we usually think about original nicknames !
    lol, thanks, Papousse, apart from the insane part! :P I don't really know. I do know I just really go for it and probably don't take as many breaks as I should sometimes. But I also reset my game after every hour or couple of hours, too, so I guess that it sort of "refreshes" the game, so to speak. At least, that's how I feel. Like sometimes I just feel as if I'm not getting anywhere and I also feel a little tired, but resetting the game also gives me a bit of a spark back, like I might be lucky this time.

I don't mind Roserade as a male or a female, so I wouldn't have minded either way, but yeah, she will look beautiful as a Roserade, so I'm happy she's a female ... oh, and I chose to name her Rosalina, as I like the name, and I like Rosalina from the Mario series, too, so it kind of ties in there. I actually renamed her before I saw your suggestions, but the name just fits for me now. Rosales is the Order name for the Rose family, but it might just sound a little too ... masculine? Or maybe it's just me?

Can I suggest you a spot to hunt ? Let's see... What do you think about soft reseting for the Deerling offered at the climate institue on Route 6 ? Or else maybe you could try hunting Tynamo (with Static in front, of course) or another Pokémon at the Chargestone Cave ? I don't really have good ideas. All good places are after Skyla. I guess that's all I can propose you, but good luck !
    I already have a shiny Deerling, Flora. She was insane, too. I was exiting an area in my White game, I believe, and I was trying to get somewhere, but there was grass in the way. The first encounter was a normal Deerling, and I was a little annoyed because I just wanted to get somewhere without being bombarded by wild Pokémon. So, I ran and then I got into another battle with another Deerling, but immediately noticed the overall pinkness of her. Again, it was like slow motion when she appeared and before the sparkles appeared!

I'd love a Tynamo, but I bet I'd get Joltik instead ... not that I hate that little guy, but I would rather a Tynamo. I am a little tired of enclosed areas at the moment, though ... I will work something out, I think! You're right, though, I think there's an awful lot of good routes, but they're mostly all closed off to me at the moment, unfortunately!

Also, I'll try to answer those questions to the best of my abilities! It's kind of sad that the only place I really documented anything was on a forum that deleted all my posts. I never really thought about writing or recording my hunts in the past, and think it's probably too late to start now.

Chained: Lickitung! It was my first shiny in such a long time ... other than the Red Gyarados in gen 2, and a possible Sunkern that I didn't know was shiny because I encountered it before I even knew what the Red Gyarados actually was. (All I really remember about that was how the screen made a weird animation and there was a weird noise ... not really knowing what it was, I thought it was something to suggest that this Pokémon had an item or something, so I caught it, but I never really looked at it or used it. It was really hazy to me for a number of years, but I can say with 98% certainty that I did encounter a shiny Sunkern in Gold/Silver. But this isn't about chained shinies, is it? )

And so, yes, my "first" shiny was Lickitung. I used to hang about on GameFAQs a lot, and we had a little thread going there with people like StormDragoon, Jessara and KogaSteelFang, etc. It was just when people were discovering things about the radar, and we were all pooling our knowledge of it together and working out if it was a trick or not. I was so determined to get a shiny, thinking that I never really was ever going to see one at the time. All of my chains broke, but this one chain I had going got up to 17. It was then that I saw what was definitely a shiny patch! There was no mistaking it. But I was a nervous wreck at the time, fearful of walking into another patch or having something awful happen. When I stepped into the patch, and I saw the yellow Poke scrolling across the screen, it awoke a shiny hunting monster in me! I chained an awful lot, which brings me to my first 1/8192 shiny ...

RE: ... which was a Murkrow! Although I wasn't really aware of it at the time. After a while I became more courageous with my chaining, and I had had more success with other targets. I set my sight on Murkrow, and this one particular night I was resetting the radar and I saw what I deemed was a "perfect patch" on the edge. Not really being aware of how the radar works with its range or anything at this point, I walked into the patch and held my breath. There was a trick that if you saw the chaining icon on the Poketch disappear when you walked into a patch, you knew the chain was broken. I saw it disappear, and I was really quite upset. It would have been the 30th in the chain. It was the highest I had ever gotten.

At this point in time I used to SR the game to save repels if I ever messed up a chain, and I almost did! But luckily I was looking at the screens and out of the corner of my eye I saw purple and then the sparkles! I was shocked. I didn't really understand what I was seeing. Needless to say, I caught her and named her Crowpone. I guess I like the name, but sometimes I wish I had called her something else. Crowpone = Crow + Capone ... but it also sounds like Crone a little.

Once people started declaring that you could get shiny Pokémon in normal patches, and they were 1 in 8192 shinies, then I realised, and I've treasured her ever since!

SR: My first SR was Charmander. Chaining had given me patience for what I thought I could never do. Now that I had seen I was capable of finding shiny Pokémon, I was determined to try and get a SR shiny for myself. Unfortunately the hunt took quite a long time, over a lot of months. I guess it was mentally draining, but I couldn't give up, either. I had gotten into this habit of SRing pretty quickly, so I ALMOST SR over him when he finally did shine! It freaked me out because I thought I did, but I must have stopped just in time, or only hit one button. I guess it was a combination of reflexes and just not expecting that blue border to appear! The game was idle for about twenty minutes that particular SR while I was eating lunch in the car. I believe it was sitting on the screen asking me if I wanted to nickname him all those minutes, and it was a real shock when I did pick the game back up, I tell you! That was when I realised that yes, I can find shiny Pokémon, and I can draw upon patience to do so.

MM: My first egg shiny wasn't actually MM, but I was breeding an awful lot of eggs for My Pokémon Ranch at the time. I had already tried to breed for a shiny Poliwag before then, but had no luck. MM wasn't really known ... or at least wasn't really known to me at the time. Anyway, I bred an awful lot of Trapinch and Poliwag to deposit on my ranch so that I could get Mew. I was actually sitting outside at the time, hatching eggs, because I wasn't really afraid of missing a shiny due to the sunlight as egg Pokémon was for all intents and purposes already caught. However, when the Poliwag did hatch, I could still tell it was a shiny immediately. It might still be blue, but it's a much brighter shade of blue. I am still so happy that I was able to get my shiny Politoed, Aquato, to this day.

After the MM was known, I set to work breeding, and hoping that I could actually repeat my luck with my Poliwag and Charmander, etc. and I eventually ended up hatching a shiny Shroomish and Cyndaquil. I didn't count how many eggs either took at the time.

Phew, so sorry this took so long!

Anyway, I have to EV train my gorgeous moth, and beat up Skyla's Pokémon, and then work out the next step on my quest!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck with that Mewtwo, Gustavo! I just know how beautiful it is, and I just wanted to say I'm rooting for you!

Edit: Cyberra, that's a really nice looking moth ... I just looked it up:

I love your post, Wyverndust! By the way, in answer to this:

quick question. I am drawing my own shiny card by hand and and am unsure if I should include my three chained shinies (all are Shinx/Luxray). What do you guys think? If I include them I will draw each of them not just one and say x3. If I include them should I also include the original Gizmo- who was lost when my 2nd diamond cartridge disappeared (he was chained while Gizmo #2 was through MM)
    I say go for what you feel is right! It sounds like you want to include them and also have them as individuals, so I say why not? After all, they are all individuals. And include Gizmo #1, too ... I think you already kind of answered your own question!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 7th June 2013 at 1:13 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

GOT HIM 842 eggs YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

This is the moth I saw... Photograph taken while it was clinging to my neighbors' front door.

I'm now at 1,000 REs for Golurk, and no sparkles as of yet. Here's hoping it won't take me 10,000 REs to get the bugger.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    GOT HIM 842 eggs YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Congrats on... Croagunk? lol

Got my 3DS today. What is everyone's opinion on selling a highly used DSi BW Limited Edition (just the console)? I will not make Ł100 from it? Better to keep it to double hunt?
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    550 REs

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs) 3. (2,061 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    OMG!!!!

It happened again!!!
    I just got my 6th shiny on my Badge Quest! I am on such a high right now!!! I was shaking so much when I was trying to capture him because I think I just felt so overwhelmed and shocked. I have been so lucky it's ridiculous! I mean, I know it's all so random, and I know that I do put a lot of time and effort into it just like everyone else here, but I guess I can never get used to actually being successful and finding that shiny.

Okay, so ... calming down, this hunt was a SR hunt. I finished training my Roserade up, and beat up Clay and headed to Mistralton City and opened up more of the game to explore, but I sort of didn't feel in the mood for a SR hunt right that minute. However, I wasn't really keen on hunting anywhere else, either. I didn't want to get doubles or hunt in another cave-like area, so I thought, "Stuff it, head there and go hard at it." and hopefully it would pay off. So, the same day I found my Roselia, and I finished EV training her and all that other stuff, I camped in front of my target and began. I did not let up on it since. Obviously I do have commitments too, like everyone else, so I don't mean to say I did it non-stop, but let's just say my hands are kind of sore. I guess that's a bad thing.

Anyway, I SRed all day yesterday and from about 12 today. I then got home and had something to eat and then I went and sat down with my DS and SRed a bit more. I turned on my laptop about ten minutes later, and as soon as it booted up, I looked over to see the Pokémon appearing and immediately noticed it was shiny, but also felt like it wasn't real, if that makes sense ... The Pokémon sure looked different, and I knew it was, so I can't really explain my thought process, but I just had to see those sparkles for myself for it to confirm to me that it actually was a shiny! I guess others would get that dumbfounded feeling too, right?

And here we go!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1625/1001000i.jpg
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7044/1001002w.jpg

The battle was intense ... at least for me it was! It was a kind of different feeling than my Roselia or Sandile battles. For some reason I couldn't stop shaking and I was getting so stressed out ... it sounds kinda sad, huh? Shiner, the Watchog, kept on getting burnt or KOed, and I was trying to capture him in a Premier Ball, three of which shook the whole three times before he snapped back out again! Net Balls didn't seem to help much, either, but the first one of those I three rolled back and forth three times, too, only for him to defy capture once again. Every other ball rolled once, or not at all.

In the end, Shiner carked it again, and so Proton stepped in, and I used Thunder Wave as I was sick of trying to put him to sleep.

After a few more Net Balls, one of which shook three times but still didn't capture him, he was mine!!!

I still feel a little shaky at the moment. I have had such a great Badge Quest, really, the only awful hunt being for my Woobat. I don't really know how long Tepig really took, and I don't know how many SRs Volcarona took, either. But I feel so happy with my game right now.

Thanks for the congrats on Sandile and Roselia, Papousse, 2rsa, 201238, Cpchris, Crashandcortex, and RaichuArcanine!

Major congrats to 2rsa, AquaRegisteel, maldoror, Pokemaster13 x3!!!, TheMaster327, NightHaze12, *Murkrow x2, and Heliotrope (sorry to hear it's another double ...) and good luck to everyone hunting right now!

I'm really sorry to hear about your Yanma and those pesky rats, Cocoa. Hey, now that you have a few shinies from there, maybe you could move on in the game and go to the place where Flaaffy resides instead, and Static pull them there ... or do you really want a shiny Mareep first? You wouldn't run the risk of getting another rat again ... but I understand if it's the principle of it all, too. Like you just feel determined to get that sheep to shine no matter what ... good luck, pal!

lol, thanks, Papousse, apart from the insane part! :P I don't really know. I do know I just really go for it and probably don't take as many breaks as I should sometimes. But I also reset my game after every hour or couple of hours, too, so I guess that it sort of "refreshes" the game, so to speak. At least, that's how I feel. Like sometimes I just feel as if I'm not getting anywhere and I also feel a little tired, but resetting the game also gives me a bit of a spark back, like I might be lucky this time.

I don't mind Roserade as a male or a female, so I wouldn't have minded either way, but yeah, she will look beautiful as a Roserade, so I'm happy she's a female ... oh, and I chose to name her Rosalina, as I like the name, and I like Rosalina from the Mario series, too, so it kind of ties in there. I actually renamed her before I saw your suggestions, but the name just fits for me now. Rosales is the Order name for the Rose family, but it might just sound a little too ... masculine? Or maybe it's just me?

I already have a shiny Deerling, Flora. She was insane, too. I was exiting an area in my White game, I believe, and I was trying to get somewhere, but there was grass in the way. The first encounter was a normal Deerling, and I was a little annoyed because I just wanted to get somewhere without being bombarded by wild Pokémon. So, I ran and then I got into another battle with another Deerling, but immediately noticed the overall pinkness of her. Again, it was like slow motion when she appeared and before the sparkles appeared!

I'd love a Tynamo, but I bet I'd get Joltik instead ... not that I hate that little guy, but I would rather a Tynamo. I am a little tired of enclosed areas at the moment, though ... I will work something out, I think! You're right, though, I think there's an awful lot of good routes, but they're mostly all closed off to me at the moment, unfortunately!
    This is a great moment of luck, but future always decides to revenge and make the next one just awfully long. I hope it won't be your case !
    Wow, I'm impressed now. Already 6 and 3 or 4 in less then a month, it's very quick ! Volcarona was a very neat hunt, I almost forgot it ! I like the warmth its colors are making feel people. And Rosalina is a great name indeed, I liked her from Mario Galaxie, too.
    Where are you hunting next ? I hope it's another non-generation 5 Pokémon. I think you should really take the advantage of finding other generations Pokémon in the wild for your hunts !
    I really think you should try for Tynamo. Just looked at its shiny sprites on Bulbapedia and it just look awesome. But you know what ? I just noticed that Tynamo is foundable at 5% at the Seaside Cave, where no other Electric types are, if you were afraid of Joltik! Of course, there's a Woobat there, but there's also Boldore, Golduck and Seel, wich are very interesting Pokémon too! If you go on the other floor, 5% of chances of encountering a Eelektrik and Seel is replaced by Shuckle. You should go take a look here!
    Good luck !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

So for some reason, I decided to do a Heartgold Badge Quest. Keep in mind that I have NEVER done something like this, so hopefully I don't rage quit at some point.

Anyways, I'm currently SR for the starter. I'm fine with any that I get. I don't know what to name any of them yet, so I'm always open to name suggestions and hunting locations after I get my starter.

Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Are they rare? I've seen two and I'm 20 :0 My family bought a vacationing trailer in PA and down the road there was a building with dumpsters, there was one sitting 10 feet up on that building. Couple years later I moved to PA and I seen one on my back deck just hanging around. They are quiet the moth!
    ---

I started my SRs for SS BQ and I'm up to 750 ~_~ I'm hoping to stay under 1,500 SRs :c but I've never had luck with SRing xD
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 37

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Latest Shiny:

Random! 31/31/xx/31/31/31

Gratz to Heliotope on Zigzagoon, 201238 on Tyrogue, *Murkrow on Chimecho and Klink, cocoadragon on Ratatta, ayeeprill on Sandile and Mincinno, pokemaster13 on Gurdurr, and Zane Clarthy on Volcarona!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Reminds me of when someone here got 6 or so shiny Rapidash before getting a female Combee.
    I know for a fact that that guy cringes every time he see's a Rapidash..

Lol, but thanks to everyone that answered my question! It was fun reading through them all. :]

After only 3 days of SRing, shiny Uxie appears!!

Lake Trio complete! Luckily, I was able to catch this with my last Premier Ball with a critical capture! I was so surprise since I only had 3 Premier Balls with me and I really wasn't expecting to catch it like that but it was a perfect ending to completing the set. My Bold sync worked too so even better! My next target will be one of my favorite legendaries, Latios! I've been wanting to hunt Latios for awhile now but I wanted to wait until I got all my other legendary targets first (saving the best for last =p). My Pineco hunt is still coming along nicely too. I'm at around 3.3k encounters so I'm not really expecting anything too soon since its normal odds.

Well that's all for now, good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Supremacy; 7th June 2013 at 4:00 PM.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

I finished EV training my Metang, which is now a beautiful Metagross. last night I started hunting Absol on route 13 in the dark grass and am about 700 REs in thus far. I would take anything there since I like all the shiny forms (I would prefer not another Drifblim though). Metagross, Absol and Skarmary are my three favorite shinies, so I intend on getting all three eventually.

To answer the question about my first shinies of each method, here goes:

MM - This was also my first shiny. I was breeding Porygons with a Japanese Ditto I obtained from the GTS with a perfect special attack IV. After switching Porygons multiple times, I finally hatched one with perfect IVs in special attack, defense and speed. I had three eggs left so I hatched them as well. The last one popped out blue and I was stunned. It has outstanding potential and the same three perfect IVS. It is now a level 100 Porygon-Z and one of my most cherished Pokemon.

RE - My first random encounter came while EV training Porygon. I was destroying Litwicks for a while and hit my special attack target EVs. While leaving the tower, I ran into a shiny Litwick. Not paying close enough attention, I hit run and noticed the different colored flame is it disappeared from the screen. This happened within an hour of hatching Porygon, so I went from a shiny high to a shiny low very quickly. The first RE I caught was a Golbat in Soulsilver Victory Road during a Nuzlocke run.

My first specific RE hunt find was Nuzleaf an hour after I got the Shiny Charm.

SR and Chain - I have never successfully soft reset or chained a shiny. I have tried chaining and had them break in the 30s and find it so frustrating that I gave up.

Master, I wouldn't ever sell one of those DSi, keep it! They're amazing. So jealous XD

As for me, 50 REs in Acuity Lakefront...I'm kinda annoyed with the hail, but the music is good. Also, finished 500 REs in Desert Resort, so back to Golurk.

Good luck and congrats everyone!

Few tidbits:

Zane, thanks for the nickname! Rosales fits for my Male Roselia I guess.
    Also, the moth is pretty nice...shame the ones I see flit about and scare me...

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Gratz to Heliotope on Zigzagoon, 201238 on Tyrogue, *Murkrow on Chimecho, cocoadragon on Ratatta, ayeeprill on Sandile and Mincinno, pokemaster13 on Gurdurr and Klink (Now that is lucky!), and Zane Clarthy on Volcarona and of course other shinies I may have missed.
    Hmm...interesting question. For me:
    MM: Mienfoo- My first MM hunt was one of my longest hunts, if not the longest. I changed many targets and Mienfoo was the one to shine.
    SR: Chikorita in HG. Shone pretty quickly.
    RE: All my REd pokemon found me! I wasn't looking for them. I'm planning to Re for the first time after my exams.
    Chain: Shinx- Chaining was fun. I miss chaining but at the moment I have no DPPt.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Hey guys. Congrats on all the recent shinies! Haven't been on in a few days. It is always hard for me to hunt during the week because I am always so tired after work. I have about 80 or so eggs left to hatch out of my 3rd round of eggs. I am currently around 1690 eggs hatched out of 1770 collected. I hope to get this last Eevee soon. I am planning on dual REing in Virbank Complex for Koffing for the CH once I get my last Eevee. I keep changing my mind on what I want to do, but I think I might stick to this one. I am hoping to get Eevee sometime this weekend and start my hunt directly after.

As for my first shinies:

First ever shiny: A shiny Pachirisu that my hubby chained for me

First MM: Zorua. I just wanted a blue puppy/fox thing.

First RE: Ditto in Giant Chasm, which was exactly what I was hoping for.

First SR: Totodile in SS, which was also the one I was hoping for.

So far, the only shiny I have ever gotten that I didn't want was Rattata, which was completely random as I was running to Mr. Pokemon's house to get the Red Orb so I could SR for Groudon on HG.

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck in all your hunts!!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Page 237 of 830 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast