Page 24 of 813 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Smile

So I'm gonna try to get the Round Charm to help with my MMing, but a quick question; when it says you need to have caught all the Unova Pokemon, does it mean the Pokemon that are native to Unova (As in the Pokedex back in BW) or every Pokemon in Unova's dex in BW2.

Thanks

^ Every pokemon in the Unova Dex in BW2, I believe Good luck with it!

Still no luck with any shinies for me I'm current;y SRing Rayquaza and Girantina on HG and Platinum, respectively. I'm trying to get all of the shiny Dragon pokemon, so far I'm at 7/17, I believe Only Dratini, Druddigon, Latios, Giratina, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Kyurem, Kingdra and Deino left to go....

Maybe after that, I'll do the dragon-like pokemon, like Gyarados and Treecko idk.

As for my Bulbasaur hunt, that's at about 900 eggs now, and I managed to get a Japanese Bulbasaur of the GTS just now, so hopefully egg hatching will go mutch quicker now!

Good luck to everyone, and congratulations to all the new shinies! <3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/qovamc.png[/IMG]
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

quick question, when you have a wild double battle it doesnt count as 2 encounters on the trainer card, does this mean it is just like encountering a single pokemon for the possibility of a shiny appearing?
    im not sure if that makes sense but yeah, i was just wondering

im up to 4,100 REs in pinwheel forest BTW dont think anything will show up before i put it on hold at 5,000
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post

I've just gotten to 4000 SRs for Groudon on SoulSilver and I'm on 2030 SRs for Tepig on White 2. Thanks to Assassin's Creed 3 I've not done as much on my hunts as I would've in the last week or two XD. KittyKitty, you've motivated me to finally get Groudon since you've completed the Shiny Weather Trio, and I'm really hoping I'll be able to get him before the Community Hunt ends :3. I'll do some more SRing while I watch Merlin. It'd be great if he shone then~

Good luck everybody on your hunts! ^_^
    Aww. :3 I love being able to motivate someone because of one of my hunts. I managed to get the entire trio in november, but it was no easy task. I hope you get ur Groudon soon. Are u going to to for Kyogre and Rayquaza as well?

As for me, I have about 100 pokemon left to trade over to my Black 2 before I get the shiny charm on there as well and then I most likely will take a break from shiny hunting until the december hunt starts. Happy hunting everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor! (Yes.. I said it.)
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

I did it. It took MONTHS, but I did it-I got a shiny Zapdos. It's Sassy Natured
    X team:

Emerald team:
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) (trade)
    Friend code: 4556-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12

Pokedex: 716 out of 718 obtained. Pokemon remaining: Genesect and Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Aww. :3 I love being able to motivate someone because of one of my hunts. I managed to get the entire trio in november, but it was no easy task. I hope you get ur Groudon soon. Are u going to to for Kyogre and Rayquaza as well?As for me, I have about 100 pokemon left to trade over to my Black 2 before I get the shiny charm on there as well and then I most likely will take a break from shiny hunting until the december hunt starts. Happy hunting everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor! (Yes.. I said it.)
    Thanks ^_^ well, really I've wanted to finish this hunt for a long while now. I'm pretty sure I started hunting for Groudon around this month last YEAR, after I got my shiny Ho-oh, so if anything I should have at least gotten to the 10000s by now, if I even ended up going up to that much XD. I did take a pretty long break from hunting while I was finishing up some big assignments in my last year of my Computer Games Design course, (plus playing other games in general) so thats slowed me down in doing it a lot too. But I won't give up! . I'd like to go for Kyogre, but sadly I don't have HeartGold if I ever get the money I'll pick it up, maybe even start a BQ on it. That would be fun actually~ I'm definitely going for Rayquaza though! I just need to ask one of my friends with HG if I can borrow their Kyogre for a bit XD.
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Hi guys, haven't posted in a while and figure I should.

So I'm at 20, 219 SR's for Torchic and I'm hoping to get to 20,500 tonight. I wish I would have made more progress but I've been distracted by the holidays and Skyward Sword. Also I've started down casual Chimchar SR's to prove to myself that there are worse things than waiting 20k for a dream shiny. I'm not sure how well it's working.

I've also gotten a japanese ditto from a friend with decent IV's so I think I'm going to start a MM hunt, I seem to have better luck with those. Out of curiosity, I know in HGSS, which is what I'd be breeding on, it's not possible to pass down natures when MM-ing but is it possible to pass down good IV'S?

Anyway, congrats on all the new shinies and I wish everyone good luck!
    Last edited by ChaoticInverse; 24th November 2012 at 9:53 PM. Reason: mis-info

And Todays score line is...
    Regular shroomish 1003 shiny shroomish 0. As you can see Team Shiny Shroomishs' butt is being wooped. Tomorrow may bring good news, i feel for a strange reason. Lets hope its not over the odds then. Gl and congratulations to everyone.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticInverse View Post
    Hi guys, haven't posted in a while and figure I should.

So I'm at 20, 219 SR's for Torchic and I'm hoping to get to 20,500 tonight. I wish I would have made more progress but I've been distracted by the holidays and Skyward Sword. Also I've started down casual Chimchar SR's to prove to myself that there are worse things than waiting 20k for a dream shiny. I'm not sure how well it's working.

I've also gotten a japanese ditto from a friend with decent IV's so I think I'm going to start a MM hunt, I seem to have better luck with those. Out of curiosity, I know in HGSS, which is what I'd be breeding on, it's not possible to pass down natures when MM-ing but is it possible to pass down good IV'S?

Anyway, congrats on all the new shinies and I wish everyone good luck!
    It is possible. You can pass down one of a parent's IVs by equipping it with its corresponding Power Item.

Congrats on that Zapdos, great shiny!

Since I've already got my Caterpie shiny which I was thinking would take me to Decembers community hunt I need something else to pass the time. So I think I'm gonna dual SR on my soulsilver and heartgold for a starter. If I get one I may consider another BQ but we'll see.

Good luck on your hunts peeps. Especially paddy, I hope you get your shroomish soon!

Eeek! After 5558 soft resets a shiny Cobalion appeared in my UK Black tonight! n__n

I've been hunting shiny Cobalion on and off for ages now, but being put off from my hunt by having to exit and then re-enter the cave every day when I wanted to collect my items from the Dream World (so in turn I've done the bulk of my SR when the Dream World has been down for maintenance ^^; ).

I've been trying to do 100 SR at a time, and yesterday I only did 50. So tonight I thought, I might as well wake my Dream World Pokemon up now and do another 50 SR while I'm at, just to get me to 5600 - but then the shiny appeared on the 8th SR!

I was determined not to use my master ball on it; I've been collecting various balls from the Dream World for months now (I have over 100 heal, net, quick, dive and nest balls; over 200 dusk and timer balls, and almost 400 repeat balls XD ). So I was ready - ready for an incredibly long struggle to catch this lovely shiny... and I caught it in the first dusk ball. O.o

... Fine by me! And my synchroniser worked, so it's jolly natured. ^_^

Here's the video: Shiny Cobalion!

Good luck everybody.

Edit: ooh, and it has some pretty lovely IV's, too:

Cobalion - #638 (Jolly)
    HP: 4 - 6
    Att: 25 - 27
    Def: 10
    SpA: 29
    SpD: 21
    Speed: 30

The only thing that could of made it better is if its 29 in Sp.att was in its HP or Def instead.

Shiny Terrakion, I'll be coming for you soon! It would be nice to complete the trio before the end of the year. I've already done the grand total of 11 soft resets for so far (while trying to catch a normal one to add to my pokedex).
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 24th November 2012 at 10:55 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Gratz Helio! Cobalion is Awesome. :] IV's are nice too, I wish my shiny Cobalion had that speed and Sp.def but I wanted mine to be more physically defensive so its not too bad. Here's the IV's!

Cobalion - #638 (Impish)
    HP: 29
    Att: 28 - 29
    Def: 22 - 23
    SpA: 24 - 25
    SpD: 14 - 15
    Speed: 2 - 3

I'm at around 7k encounters in Dreamyard so hopefully something shines there soon and gratz on the Zapdos! Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Quote Originally Posted by mad_toast_boy View Post
    quick question, when you have a wild double battle it doesnt count as 2 encounters on the trainer card, does this mean it is just like encountering a single pokemon for the possibility of a shiny appearing?
    im not sure if that makes sense but yeah, i was just wondering

im up to 4,100 REs in pinwheel forest BTW dont think anything will show up before i put it on hold at 5,000
    Trainer card only counts it as one, but doesn't effect the odds. Hunting in double grass in theory will half the amount of time it takes, granting you get a double battle every time
    I'm at 7,300 encounters so far

1,200 encounters today doubles my total encounters to 2,400 in Relic Passage. Looking to do another 1,200 tomorrow. I have a good feeling something will shine tomorrow...
    Current Hunt

2,340 SRs/4,680 birds seen - PAUSED

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

I'll be back to hunting once I get shiny charm, I'm getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Trainer card only counts it as one, but doesn't effect the odds. Hunting in double grass in theory will half the amount of time it takes, granting you get a double battle every time
    if this is true, does anybody know the probability of whether an encounter in double grass is a double battle? just so i can have a rough idea of how many REs im actually at
    4,300 in pinwheel
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Well, surprisingly i finished all my trading over today and now have the shiny charm in black 2 as well! Congrats helio on cobalion and to RedJirachi on zapdos! I might do some random encountering until December just when i have free time. I want to participate in the community hunt so i don't want to get too committed to something before hand. Looking for a good spot now and will edit this post when i made my decision on where!

Happy hunting everyone!!!

Edit: It was a hard choice between Route 5, Route 14, and Village Bridge. I ended up choosing Village Bridge to keep me occupied for a little while.
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 25th November 2012 at 1:34 AM.
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Charmander where are you! This has almost become a complaint thread for me because SRing takes forever! I might never do it again... Sigh... Welp. Just gotta keep going. finally reached 2,000 today. (rounded, I think my excact is in the late 1,800's) Mooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Major congrats on aaaallllll the shinies obtained since I last posted.

So I started a new fresh hunt today to get me back into it. Did 400 SRs for a shiny chikorita(hopefully) and might make it into a BQ, not sure yet. Either way, hopefully it'll get me inspired again.

Good luck to everyone hunting out there!
    Signature edited due to exceeding image size and signature height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Current Target: LUGIA

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

11,000 RE now in Chargestone Cave! Something better shine soon! It would really brighten my mood cause right now I'm swamped with University work. I probably won't get that many RE as I usually do. I still can't get over the fact I have had terrible luck twice in a row now.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Ending my Uxie hunt for the night at 305 SRs. Considering the fact that I have the shine charm there's an okay chance of getting in around 700 more (to make around 1000 SRs) but that's only if I get lucky like I normally seem to be with hunts right now.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

So, has anyone noticed that there's a Pass Power that ups the shiny ratio? :U

Not participating in the current hunt, but I thought it would be nice to return to serebii with news of a shiny Joltik obtained in Chargestone Cave while going about my playthrough of Black 2. And now all my shinies are living in my gen 5 games, so that's everything going well.

Once my semester is over I'll be going back to the grindstone and trying to MM myself a shiny Onix.

Just hit 1380 eggs hatched, meaning I've passed the odds. Hopefully I'll finally get lucky tomorrow.

Congrats on the shinies and shiny charm everyone.

I stayed at my 50 REs today...Work at 11am, didn't get done with both shifts till 10pm, then hung out with friends and didnt get back home till close to 1...I wonder if there will ever come a day when I just actually get a decent amount of REs done?
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 14,400 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#9) (Bell Tower) - Ho-Oh: Complete! 14,869 SRs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Page 24 of 813 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast