Page 240 of 946 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 23650

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

2,664 REs for Golurk and STILL nothing. Primus in the Pit, Golurk, SHINE ALREADY!!!

I'm finding it very hard not to skip ahead of schedule in my pokedex quest to start SRing for a shiny Turtwig. Ever since I saw crashandcortex post pics of his(?) shiny Turtwig, I have wanted to try and get my own. I've almost finished my Kanto Dex in FireRed, but I still have a lot of work to do before I get to Pearl and I don't want to slow myself down.

CpChris, are you definitely opposed to getting a used copy? It wouldn't be much trouble to go to a used game store and pick one up. You might even get lucky and find some leftover event or shiny pokemon that you can trade to another game before starting anew if the original owner/store employees didn't delete the save file.
    If you definitely must have a new copy (and I would completely understand if you feel that way), definitely check stores and not websites. I know toysrus.com says those games are not sold in stores anymore, but the toys r us I worked at until early this year had a ton of left over copies (I'm talking like 40s-50s) just sitting in a box or two in the back storage. I find it hard to believe that no store in your area has a single copy left over. good luck.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

3,000 REs for Golurk. At this point it occurs to me that it'd probably be easier to get my Japanese Ditto and breed for Golett, but I'm just too damn stubborn to stop the hunt now. I will get you, you elusive shiny fragger!

Gratz to cocoadragon on finally getting that Mareep, 201238 on Pidgey, Papousse on Geodude, and JAWAYami on Ariados!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    3,000 REs for Golurk. At this point it occurs to me that it'd probably be easier to get my Japanese Ditto and breed for Golett, but I'm just too damn stubborn to stop the hunt now. I will get you, you elusive shiny fragger!
    I can tell you're getting a lil frustrated but try editing your posts more so the thread doesn't get too spammy. Also, 3k REs really isn't that bad, just hang in there! It'll probably shine when you least expect it. :]

Well, I'm even more determined to get Latios back! I just hope it doesn't get another horrible nature.. My Pineco hunt is still being stubborn, I think I've done about 6-7k encounters for it, but its been awhile since I've had a long RE hunt so I'm interested to see how far this hunt will go.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Huge congrats to everyone who has recently gotten shinies. I haven't posted for quite a while due to certain things so would take me forever to personally name each and every one of you. But congrats to cocoa on finally getting that stubborn Mareep!

However I've had this week off work and have been hunting quite a bit and have obtained 2 shinies in the last 7 days, the 2nd being caught 10 minutes ago.

1st was Watchog after 2,714 RE's
    2nd was Druddigon after 4,744 RE's (I shook my head in disbelief after catching it after I realised it had dragon tail and could have ended the battle at any moment! Thankfully it was caught after one ball after being paralysed. Still, I was stupid to have not done my research.)

So yeah I've had quite a bit of good luck this week! Hopefully now things have calmed down in my life I'll be back to posting more regularly!

Best of luck everyone on their hunts.

After 1,550 eggs with shiny charm shiny Eevee hatched!!! It is male and is Serious Nature. The guy in Nibassa Said it was decent all around. Best potential lies in Defense. Its fantastic in that regard. IVs are #133 Eevee [Serious]
    IVs: 0 - 30 / 0 - 30 / 30 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 30 / 0 - 30. Stats at Lv.1: 12|0 / 6|0 / 6|0 / 5|0 / 6|0 / 6|0. So like what would be the best Eeveelution to evolve it into with these stats? What options to I have for its evolution? Photo 163.jpg
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Hi! I haven't been active on Serebii in a very long time as I took a huge break from pokemon, but now I'm back (and have been lurking here for a bit)! I recently purchased Black and White 2. I finally got to the point at which I can breed in both games, and transfered a foreign ditto from HG to White 2, and started breeding tepigs for a shiny. To my great surprise, I got it in 5 eggs! Couldn't believe it!!! I'll post pics soon. But I just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me!! I'm breeding for a shiny Zorua now. Here's to hoping its a quick hunt!

GPX Trophy Pokémon:

Newest In-game Shiny:

MM, 5th egg

Current Hunts:

MM, 300 eggs hatched to date

SRing since 6/24/13

2-4 flawless stat for trade here

Got a shiny eevee in soul silver at the game corner after 5 hrs of SRs. Got 5/9 shiny eeevee.
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    After 1,550 eggs with shiny charm shiny Eevee hatched!!! It is male and is Serious Nature. The guy in Nibassa Said it was decent all around. Best potential lies in Defense. Its fantastic in that regard. IVs are #133 Eevee [Serious]
    IVs: 0 - 30 / 0 - 30 / 30 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 30 / 0 - 30. Stats at Lv.1: 12|0 / 6|0 / 6|0 / 5|0 / 6|0 / 6|0. So like what would be the best Eeveelution to evolve it into with these stats? What options to I have for its evolution? Photo 163.jpg
    If it has a 30 in defence, I'd go for Vaporeon, as its a bulky water.

Meanwhile, 673 eggs for Nidoran and still nothing...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Congrats!!!! I knew you would get it soon!!!

As for my Eevee, I am at 1,940 hatched out of 2,046 collected. This Eevee better shine soon, or I might go a little cooky. Congrats to everyone on all their shinies and I am glad you got that Druddigon without issues!

Happy hunting everyone and I will post if I get my Eevee today!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Congratulations on the eevee. I've hatched around 140 eggs today, it is a quicker hunt due to caterpie's smaller amount of egg cycles; however they are very determined to not shine.

First, I would like to congratulate 201238 on shiny Pidgey, Papousse on shiny Geodude, JAWAYami on shiny Ariados, dan2point5 on shiny Watchog and Druddigon, Shiny Lord on shiny Eevee, and jssr903 on shiny Tepig! Good luck everyone!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released today and so for those of you reading my posts, you know that I have been frantically SRing for shiny Treecko on my Ruby BQ in hopes of getting said shiny before picking up my copy of the game today. My goal last night was to get to 17,000 SRs before going to bed, this meant I was going to have to stay up passed midnight (probably not an issue for many of you; but I suffer from some sort of insomnia that wakes me up each hour every single night so I lose on average 1-2 hours of sleep every night so instead of getting eight hours of sleep last night I got closer to five or six).

At 12:07am earlier this mornning after 16,996 SRs and three uncatchable shiny Poochyena; I took a quick glance at my DS screen and just as I was pressing the third button down in preparation to SR a red tail caught my eye.

I had a feeling that Treecko was going to shine somewhere around 17,000 but I definitely didn't think he was going to come before then, so this took me completely by surprise. This has passed my shiny Squirtle hunt by nearly 5,000 SRs, making this my longest hunt. And I can honestly say that I still can't believe I have this beautiful shiny. Each time I look down at my screen and see that red tail, my heart does a little jump.

He has a hardy nature (so a nice neutral nature) and I've named him Darach, which is of Irish origin and means "oak." Might stick with it, might not. And he's just evolved into Grovyle after a rather one-sided battle with Roxanne. I'm not a fan of Sceptile so I'll be keeping Darach as a Grovyle (at least for now, might change my mind later).

Might upload a picture later if I can figure out how that works on Serebii.

Ruby BQ #1: Shiny Treecko complete!

Ruby BQ#2: No idea yet, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyverndust View Post
    First, I would like to congratulate 201238 on shiny Pidgey, Papousse on shiny Geodude, JAWAYami on shiny Ariados, dan2point5 on shiny Watchog and Druddigon, Shiny Lord on shiny Eevee, and jssr903 on shiny Tepig! Good luck everyone!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released today and so for those of you reading my posts, you know that I have been frantically SRing for shiny Treecko on my Ruby BQ in hopes of getting said shiny before picking up my copy of the game today. My goal last night was to get to 17,000 SRs before going to bed, this meant I was going to have to stay up passed midnight (probably not an issue for many of you; but I suffer from some sort of insomnia that wakes me up each hour every single night so I lose on average 1-2 hours of sleep every night so instead of getting eight hours of sleep last night I got closer to five or six).

At 12:07am earlier this mornning after 16,996 SRs and three uncatchable shiny Poochyena; I took a quick glance at my DS screen and just as I was pressing the third button down in preparation to SR a red tail caught my eye.

I had a feeling that Treecko was going to shine somewhere around 17,000 but I definitely didn't think he was going to come before then, so this took me completely by surprise. This has passed my shiny Squirtle hunt by nearly 5,000 SRs, making this my longest hunt. And I can honestly say that I still can't believe I have this beautiful shiny. Each time I look down at my screen and see that red tail, my heart does a little jump.

He has a hardy nature (so a nice neutral nature) and I've named him Darach, which is of Irish origin and means "oak." Might stick with it, might not. And he's just evolved into Grovyle after a rather one-sided battle with Roxanne. I'm not a fan of Sceptile so I'll be keeping Darach as a Grovyle (at least for now, might change my mind later).

Might upload a picture later if I can figure out how that works on Serebii.

Ruby BQ #1: Shiny Treecko complete!

Ruby BQ#2: No idea yet, any suggestions?
    Congratulations, I feel like looking for shinies in early games (on GBA) is more painful. For some reasons I prefer to hunts shinies when there's good graphics and musics. Maybe it's motivating me.
    Wow, 16,996 soft resets, that's what I call long hunt, too !
    Oh, I love to give suggestions ! Yes ! For your next hunt, I think you should hunt on a place like... Route 104 or the Petalburg Woods! I think hunting for either Wurmple, Tailow or Wingull is exciting. Of course, there's still Zigzagoon but since Zigzagoon is my favorite regional Normal type rodent, I wouldn't complain! If you don't really like the spot, I don't suggest you to hunt in the woods (same as the Route 104, except there's no Wingull but they added Silcoon, Cascoon, Shroomish and Slakoth). If you like Wishmur, then hunting for one in the Rusturf Tunnel wouldn't be a bad idea, you're sure to get it ! Finally, if none of those choices are in your interests, the Granite Cave is a completely different place to hunt, where, in Ruby, you can find Zubat, Abra, Makuhita, Mawile and Aron. Hope I helped !
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 9th June 2013 at 10:11 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Wow, such a big IV spread... Have you heard of the battle test in Nimbasa? It auto-sets the level to 50, so you can calculate IVs more accurately using those stats... Congrats, though!
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 9th June 2013 at 10:33 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

5,100 Run Aways

Hi guys! I'm new to to shiny hunting. The only shiny pokemon I have are from trades :/ but I've made up my mind. I am getting a shiny Latias from the Dreamyard in White 2 by SRing. Any tips on how to pass the time while I SR? Also how do y'all keep count of thousands of SRs? I've always wondered.
    I wanna be... The very best... No, but seriously, I just wanna catch 'em all.
    Also an aspiring competitive player

Add me so we can use each others friend Safari's (I'm Ghost type btw)
    3DS FC: 4957 2690 2453

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Wow, such a big IV spread... Have you heard of the battle test in Nimbasa? It auto-sets the level to 50, so you can calculate IVs more accurately using those stats... Congrats, though!
    Never heard of the Battle Test. I'm not an expert when it comes to terms with ivs of pokemon. Most of the times I don't care. But I thought since eevee has so many different evolutions I would go with whatever fits it best. Where in Nimbasa is this battle test and how would you use it to calculate iv stats?
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Quote Originally Posted by magibas View Post
    Hi guys! I'm new to to shiny hunting. The only shiny pokemon I have are from trades :/ but I've made up my mind. I am getting a shiny Latias from the Dreamyard in White 2 by SRing. Any tips on how to pass the time while I SR? Also how do y'all keep count of thousands of SRs? I've always wondered.
    To pass time, I watch nuzlockes on YouTube or watch my hubby play Call of Duty. As for how I keep track of my SRs, pen and paper tally marks. I used my TI-84 calculator the first time I SR, but it killed my battery quick, so I just use the pen and paper method. Good luck! I plan on dual SRing Latios//Latias when I get a chance.

As for Eevee, hatching my last 4 that I collected yesterday and then moving on to the 180 batch that I have collected so far today! I was not expecting this MM to go above the 2000 mark, but it is looking that way! Oh well. keeping my spirits high as this is my last Eevee!

And congrats on Treeko by the way! Beautiful shiny!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

That's a great way to pass time haha. I'm personally fond of Haydunn's "let's play" and 4th gen competitive battle videos. And I'll grab a pen and paper right now. Thank you very much good luck with the hunts everyone!
    I wanna be... The very best... No, but seriously, I just wanna catch 'em all.
    Also an aspiring competitive player

Add me so we can use each others friend Safari's (I'm Ghost type btw)
    3DS FC: 4957 2690 2453

Never heard of the Battle Test. I'm not an expert when it comes to terms with ivs of pokemon. Most of the times I don't care. But I thought since eevee has so many different evolutions I would go with whatever fits it best. Where in Nimbasa is this battle test and how would you use it to calculate iv stats?
    The battle test is right next to the pokemon center in Nimbasa City. You can also use the Battle Subway since it also auto-sets your pokemon to level 50. Just send your Eevee into one of those places and put its level 50 stats into a IV calc to get a more accurate result.

So did battle test and calculated my eevee's ivs at level 50 and they are #133 Eevee [Serious]
    IVs: 20, 21 / 8, 9 / 30 / 5 / 0 / 8
    Stats at Lv.50: 125|0 / 64|0 / 70|0 / 52|0 / 70|0 / 64|0

So really poor in pretty much everything unfortunately. Anyone have any clue what would be the best to evolve it into with these stats. Or does it not really matter?
    Personally, I'd go for Vaporeon or Leafeon.
    Last edited by Supremacy; 9th June 2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

It's immediately to the left of Nimbasa's Pokémon Centre. Only available post-game in B2W2. It auto-sets your pokemon levels to 50, which is much easier to calculate IVs because most level 1s have similar stats when hatching. You can check the temporary level 50 summary in battle, and you can put those stats in an IV calculator to get almost perfectly accurate IVs every time! Also, visiting the guy that tells you your Hidden Power type can assist you in finding IVs much easier also. And CoD, BS does not auto-set UP to 50, I don't think...

Hopefully that makes sense!

EDIT: @Shiny Lord - Umbreon seems like the best bet. Decent HP and bulky Defenses as well... Vaporeon has base 60 Defense... Not the best.
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 10th June 2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

5,100 Run Aways

So I was breeding some Sneasel for competitive use when on my ninth egg, a shiny appeared! It has a Rash nature, which stinks, but a shiny is a shiny. This is also my first shiny charm shiny.

So did battle test and calculated my eevee's ivs at level 50 and they are #133 Eevee [Serious]

So really poor in pretty much everything unfortunately. Anyone have any clue what would be the best to evolve it into with these stats. Or does it not really matter?
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

11,000 encounters now... I don't think i hunted at all yesterday and have done only 200 today.

the IVs aren't great and the nature isn't really used in competitive play, so for this eevee I'd say pick whichever evolution you like the look of the best and keep it as a trophy instead.

I'm still working on my Seedot hunt, and doing some REs outside Reversal Mountain in hopes of a Trapinch. Much like everyone else, I'm hoping somethings shines soon
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Well, looking at those IV's, I'd agree with what's been said previously. Great HP and Def, so Umbreon seems like a great choice. And with a low Speed like that, it's easier to make use of Payback or Trick Room. A Serious nature isn't helping anything, though, so don't feel pressured into evolving it into any specific one.

So I got a ton of SR's done yesterday, and I'm not up to 6300 SR's for Mewtwo. Getting to be a longer hunt, but I'm optimistic about this hunt so far. I've been watching shiny hunting videos recently, and now I want to do some RE hunts in 3rd Gen, so I'd really like to see this hunt end soon. Meanwhile, good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Page 240 of 946 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast