Page 243 of 825 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 20611

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

HOLY FREAKING ****. ANOTHER. SHINY. 2 IN ONE DAY. HOLY MOTHER OF CIAUSHDIAUSHD

THIS IS AFTER 123 RESETS, THIS IS ONE OF THE QUICKEST SHINY ENCOUNTERS I'VE EVER SEEN. JESUS CHRIST!!! I AM THE SINGLE MOST LUCKY PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH RIGHT NOW.

JESUS I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THIS ASIUDHOASOIUDH

AND HERE IS THE OFFICIAL STUFF FOR THE COMPETITION BY THE WAY.

Cobalion
    Random Encounter
    White
    Without Shiny Charm

Oh my god!!!!
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (MM)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Congrats Frost Mage on Cobalion and Golett, Maldoror on Zorua, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, City of Delusion on Piplup, and any others I missed.

I've thought about it a bit, and I've decided to go to either Shoal Cave or Meteor Falls "Bagon room" for my next hunt, just to keep the Hoenn hunting going. But I don't have Waterfall on Sapphire, so that may be an issue... But I'll see how it goes.

Good luck everybody on your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congrats to Frost Mage on Golett, City Of Delusion on Piplup, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe (jealous!), maldoror on Zorua, and Frost Mage again on Cobalion!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Way too late for that now.
    Er...What he means is if your trainer card said 7,889 encounters, and you've tallied 5,030 encounters, then just subtract the 5,030 encounters of your Golurk hunt from your 7,889 total game encounters...That would mean you started hunting after 2,859 encounters. So whenever you find your Golurk, check your trainer card immediately after,and subtract 2,859 from whatever number is there and that's how many encounters your hunt took.
    ---

Sorry to hear about all those troubles, Dangertrout...Not fun at all >.<

~~~
    ~~~
    STORYTIME.
    ~~~
    Oh my gosh guys. Hey guys. Guys. Guys. And girls, I mean. But seriously guys - no shiny, but I feel happy and excited as if I found one. So I was still desperate to find a store that had HeartGold (or SoulSilver at this point, I just figured if I'm getting two copies, I might as well get different versions...But a $40 SS would win over a $60+ HG)...And the lowest prices that I've seen pop up for HG on Amazon are like $70, and I really wished I could just not pay so much once again for another game.

Spoiler:- :

But wow, I'm just so happy I ended up finding a copy before it was too late! And I'm really glad I was in denial persistent/stubborn enough to not give up I feel extremely accomplished for that reason...I checked the website when I got home and the "limited stock" now says "out of stock". Yup, *I* did that!! Now I don't have to pay $70 for a copy off amazon, possibly with one of the warnings about having 'shelf wear' and whatnot.

And in retrospect, good thing I wanted SoulSilver over HeartGold when I was getting my first pokemon game last summer, since now, I'm pretty sure there's only HG out there...Target's website only has HG listed, not SS.

So yeah, might want to check the broad area you live in now, anyone who thinks they might want another copy of SS/HG (and if you're lame like me and want it brand new)!
    ~~~
    End of story
    ~~~
    ~~~

Ok, and how about all that X/Y news today?! Quite a bit of interesting stuff! As far as shinies go...Had written Fletchling off my list of possible hunts but...Now after seeing Talonflame, I may just have to hunt one! (That name though >_> Urrrggg). Clauncher looks alright as well, with that nice blue color and all...Not sure I'll hunt one though, and I'm not really a fan of shellfish, so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet...

Also, horde encounters...I'm wondering how exactly these will work, as it could certainly change up shiny hunting...Hopefully it's not a common occurrence :x Not really a fan of things being made tons easier...

-----------

As for my hunting today...I did 1,000 REs on each game! So 5,300 REs on Platinum and 3,200 REs on Black 2...Nothing though, of course Still under the odds for both, but I was hoping doing 1k in a day I might find something Funny to think that it's not even really progress either >.<

Oh well...Day off tomorrow as well, so should get a fair bit of hunting in. Also, did I mention I found a copy of HG ?

Good luck, everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Aron, Axew, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 14,700 REs (+4,074 REs = 1 Phase)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#11) (Dragon's Den) - Magikarp: 600 REs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Are u against preowned?? Because Best Buy has both of those games for 19.99 ( I know because Im currently debating whether to get Heart Gold and Platnium myself or just Animal Crossing NL) its pretty hard to find if your just browsing though the website but if u google Best buy preowned Heart Gold u will find it it will say cant be shipped but it will actually ship to ur nearest store for pickup Might take a couple of weeks but 19.99 is better than 60 right xDD

I have to say re: X/Y news: I really like the idea of horde battles. Makes hunting a lot easier. Maybe because the opening animation to a battle is longer, GF increased the amount of Pokémon you could encounter at one time!
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #3 - Route 36
    (Day - Repel Trick) (Night - Headbutt tree only has these three)
    25 REs/250 HBs

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Congrats Cpchris, glad you found a copy.

Unfortunately I have no shiny news at this time.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Congrats to; Frost Mage on Golett, City Of Delusion on Piplup, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe ( very jealous 2,170 eggs for it on B2 with MM+SC with nothing), maldoror on Zorua, and Frost Mage again on Cobalion!
    I'm just posting to say that I've reached 3,754 SR's for Charmander, and I double hunted with W2 at Relic Castle earlier. However I've decided to focus on my W2 Badge Quest for now. It's my first badge quest and I'm very excited to finish it, so I can begin SRing for my dream Shiny, Latias. Besides, I hunt better when my minds on one target XD. I'm on 3,612 RE's in Relic Castle right now, and I have the next five or so hours to hunt, and all of tommorow as I have know exams on, so hoping for sparkles to fly earlier this time, after my last two hunts on this BQ where 16,108 RE's(and pokerus) for Mareep and 14,059 RE's for Eevee. Asmodeus, Cotton On and Emberfoot are level 47 now, so I just have my Watchog up front as I don't want them to be too over leveled. As always, best of luck to everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 12th June 2013 at 2:07 PM.
    My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Platinum BQ: 1. Hunting: 15,767 SR's
    X BQ: 1. Hunting: 15 SR's.
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

I have a question I think someone needs to ask. Serebii posted that gamefreak is working on making XY compatible with gen 5. If they don't end up being compatible, what are all the people who bred 8 or more eevee for sylveon and/or those who were trying to get a bunch of shinies for XY going to do?

I, personally, don't care where my shinies are as long as I have them :3

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)
    Heart Gold BQ:

Massive congrats to Frost Mage on Golett and Cobalion (2 great shinies for the this months tournament!), City Of Delusion on Piplup, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, Maldoror on Zorua, and any others I may have accidentally forgotten.

Well after 2,370 RE's in relic castle a shiny Sandshrew just appeared :-). Was a very quick capture as well which is nice. It was actually the least favourite of my choices to appear since I wanted Sandile or Yamask so I'll definitely be returning here at some point for one of them.

Best of luck everyone!

Latias is still being stubborn. All I want to see is that golden beauty!
    Great job on that HeartGold game, Cpchris, really neat! I hope you're going to have fun with it.
    Congratulations on the latest shinies and good luck everyone!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 12th June 2013 at 4:15 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Well I just decided to drive into town to purchase Black2 to do a BQ on to keep me occupied until X and Y are released. Not sure why I'm doing this to myself again but I do like the challenge. Let the SRing for a starter begin! (Will change target after every 500 SR's).

Good luck with Latias, papousse :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Well I just decided to drive into town to purchase Black2 to do a BQ on to keep me occupied until X and Y are released. Not sure why I'm doing this to myself again but I do like the challenge. Let the SRing for a starter begin! (Will change target after every 500 SR's).

Good luck with Latias, papousse :-)
    Oh wow, a new Badge Quest challenger, awesome! I'm definitely going to cheer you up and follow you during it, maybe it will help you during your hunts. Good luck then, you'll need some!
    Thanks for the cheers on Latias. I think I'll go watch a movie while soft resetting, so in that way I won't give up. I really don't want to give up, I'm ready for this one. I might go watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I miss Hermione. That movie is just amazingly good.
    EDIT : Watched the entire first part while soft resetting, no luck infortunately. I wasn't expecting something soon. Now it's time for the second and, hopefully, Latias decides to shine in the next two hours to three hours. I would be very pleased.
    EDIT 2 : Nop, nothing shone in two hours. I wasn't expecting anything anyway, but I'm still disapointed. I should have did around 200 soft resets today, or else more, but I'm not counting them. I'm getting a headache because I'm paying too much attention on my screen, but I don't want to stop. I'll find that latias for sure!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 12th June 2013 at 9:26 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I have a question I think someone needs to ask. Serebii posted that gamefreak is working on making XY compatible with gen 5. If they don't end up being compatible, what are all the people who bred 8 or more eevee for sylveon and/or those who were trying to get a bunch of shinies for XY going to do?

I don't know how this has gone unanswered thus far, but I think if GameFreak and Nintendo DON'T allow Gen V games to transfer over I would seriously reconsider getting X and Y.

To leave behind thousands of hours simply because they can't find a way to transfer data from one cart to another would be incredibly short sided. I haven't spent thousands of hours on obtaining my shinies to be told they can't be seen in 3D. If they won't let us transfer directly from Black 2/White 2 (Gen V) to a Gen VI cart, I would hope they'd come up with a way, maybe even using a third party device, to transfer our Pokemon over.

It would be insulting and infuriating to be told "your Pokemon are stuck there, good luck!". I don't mean to sound rude, but when I read that there was a possibility of Pokemon staying in Gen V forever I just about lost it, and I feel pretty strongly about not getting any Gen VI games until I can move over Pokemon I've spent years with from Gen V games.

Moving on!

Congrats to Cpchris, Frost Mage, maldoror, ohjeezitskim, jssr903, City Of Delusion, Heliotrope, 201238, Charizardmaster#1, gustavo 14, and pxm1 on your recent shinies!!

I have some news, and it took a while, but I finally completed another MM hunt.

After 1, 637 eggs, my Aron hunt decided to pay off!

Unfortunately, she doesn't have the ability I wanted (Rock Head), but with the number of eggs and amount of time it took for each egg I'll call this one good!

Pics below, and of course, my sig has been updated!!

Spoiler:- My shinies:

Hey everyone. Congrats on recent shinies, particularly Frost Mage...you've been hunting less than me but end up getting 2 in a day...I've never had that, usually 2 in 3 or 3 in a week.

Spoiler:- X/Y:

Oh, charizardmaster, does your Trapinch mean that REing on Emerald/Dead Battery Sapphire is not affected by the rng/battery? Simply, it's possible to RE on Emerald/Dead Battery Sapphire? I'll be hunting in the desert when I beat Flannery...
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 12th June 2013 at 5:23 PM.

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Hello everyone! (Congrats Frost Mage on Cobalion and Golett, Maldoror on Zorua, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, City of Delusion on Piplup, YNCRN on aron and anyone else I missed)

Wow I see badge quests have become really popular these days their really fun and exciting good luck all who are doing badge quests.
    As for my badge quest right about to hit 12000 abras seen in the gamecorner sorry for not posting much. I'm really excited about the new pokemon hoping they have good shiny forms and the starters don't take as long as black and white. I'm at 2600 SRs for moltres not expecting him to shine soon. Congrats again and good luck guys!
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/96kmcn.png[/IMG]
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    17,000 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/110x9b6.gif[/IMG]

@Aqua, REing is possible on Emerald / dead battery R/S. The RNG on these games is just stuck starting at the same place you boot up your game. I typically keep files for REing that provide me a shiny in the first couple hours.

edit - the only problem with REing in these games is there IS the possibility that your shiny frames are very far into the game (as in days)
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 12th June 2013 at 8:32 PM.
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Hey everyone. Congrats on recent shinies, particularly Frost Mage...you've been hunting less than me but end up getting 2 in a day...I've never had that, usually 2 in 3 or 3 in a week.

Spoiler:- X/Y:

Oh, charizardmaster, does your Trapinch mean that REing on Emerald/Dead Battery Sapphire is not affected by the rng/battery? Simply, it's possible to RE on Emerald/Dead Battery Sapphire? I'll be hunting in the desert when I beat Flannery...
    Like Dangertrout said, yes it should work fine. I was sorta skeptical, but I found this one person on Youtube who REd on emerald all the time and said that it was totally fine. And obviously now I have proof of my own!

Also, I've decided to stick with Shoal Cave. I'm just waiting for Low tide to get to the bottom floor.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Shiny Golurk hunt day 6. 6,815 REs. Still no shiny. Am getting very discouraged and wondering why I'm even bothering to continue. *glares at DS* Shine, you damn thing!
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Shiny Golurk hunt day 6. 6,815 REs. Still no shiny. Am getting very discouraged and wondering why I'm even bothering to continue. *glares at DS* Shine, you damn thing!
    No offense, but some people have gone through 20k REs and haven't even contemplated giving up! One person went through 106k SRs before landing a Shiny Drifloon. Admittedly, 6,815 REs is a lot, but if you've done that many REs...why give up?

(And no, not gonna mention Abenzio >_< Quad hunting made that hunt look more like 8,000 REs XD)

Aside from that, I hit 100 REs in Route 111 and 1,095 REs in Platinum. Lets hope it's quick so I can face off against Giratina...

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    No offense, but some people have gone through 20k REs and haven't even contemplated giving up! One person went through 106k SRs before landing a Shiny Drifloon. Admittedly, 6,815 REs is a lot, but if you've done that many REs...why give up?

(And no, not gonna mention Abenzio >_< Quad hunting made that hunt look more like 8,000 REs XD)

Aside from that, I hit 100 REs in Route 111 and 1,095 REs in Platinum. Lets hope it's quick so I can face off against Giratina...
    Also, don't mention Storm's charchar...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #3 - Route 36
    (Day - Repel Trick) (Night - Headbutt tree only has these three)
    25 REs/250 HBs

SS BQ
    1. (1,759 SRs/5,276 starters seen) 2. (8,214 REs)

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Congrats on all recent shinies.

I haven't had much time to hunt this week since I took a trip to Florida from Tennessee with a few friends. On the way to Florida I did a few RE's for my Sapphire BQ, but I got sleepy during the hunt and accidentally ran away from a shiny Zigzagoon after 3,000+ RE's. I didnt even notice until after the battle was over. That was on Friday. I got back home today and decided to continue the hunt and after 1,306 RE's after the fail, another shiny Zigzagoon appeared.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/6hnu4l.jpg[/IMG]

It wasnt particularly what I wanted, but this BQ has been good thus far so I cant complain. Good thing that this coon can learn Surf since I have no Water types atm :P.

Good luck to all current hunts :P.
    Last edited by Master Leo; 12th June 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    The Chilly Academic

I really wish I could RE for more of these Pokemon. :c Doing the Masuda method just isn't as fun. :P
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (MM)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post

Don't remind me! I am working on my 9th Eevee now so I can use one Eevee as Sylveon! And if they don't make them transferable, then I would just have 1 extra Eevee. I have always wanted all the Eeveelutions shiny anyways, so its not tooo big of a deal. It would be less of a big deal if I got this last one soon.

I am over 2000 eggs for this thing. Anyways, congrats to everyone who have gotten shinies recently! I have read each one, just can't remember everyone's (pregnant brain loss and all) and good luck everyone! I hope you get your Eevee(s) soon lavaburst!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Congrats to city, YNCRN and frost mage and of course all the others i have missed .
    I have a question.
    What have i done to deserve this????
    From the 9th of May I have locked away in the depths of Elm's lab SRing to get a shiny starter.
    And the 12th of June Im still there. Im determined to get this though .
    Im hesitant to start an MM for one of the CH pokemon as i will surely become distracted from this.
    Its coming soon, i sense it! Gl all!!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Now that Gardevoir is confirmed to be Fairy in Gen 6, I will begin MM'ing for a Ralts ASAP. Hopefully female, but if not, oh well :P

First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Page 243 of 825 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast