Page 245 of 914 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 22848

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I'm so ADD with my hunts. While SRing the SS starters, I thought of about a dozen projects I want to do. >.<
    As I don't actually have time to play normally anyways, I've hidden all my games except SS. I'm going to get this BQ done!
    I was going to keep count, but I find tracking my SRs too tedious I'm going to go with at least 1,000 SRs so far. (especially given that I started this last year)
    Since I typically have rotten luck, I expect to be at this for the next few months : /
    To all of us stuck in labs, good luck!
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 14th June 2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessara View Post
    I'm quite excited after seeing that Roundtable vid. I did some poking around and found pics to compare what was shown:

That is just so cool and I'm more keen than ever to hunt on X & Y. I love how the sparkles look, they are so much more eye-catching than the ones from previous gens.

As for seeing sparkles on my games, no luck since the Skarmory I found on my Soul Silver, but I'll keep going and hopefully something will shine soon. Congrats to all who have gotten new shinies and good luck.
    Yeah, that looks shiny, body is more yellow than brown. There are no sparkles when you trade a shiny on gen 5, so it's unlikely there will be in gen 6...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

All of a sudden I'm seeing other people doing Badge Quests for HG and SS o.o Maybe you guys will give me that push to keep SRing for the starter.

700 SR and nothing has happened so far. I would do a lot more, but work prevents me from playing as much as I want... Hopefully the starter shines quickly. SRing is annoying me with these terrible L and R buttons. And I keep having this weird feeling I'm going to get a shiny Chikorita, but I don't know yet. I'll take whatever shines for me, so who knows what I'll get.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonetail View Post
    700 SR and nothing has happened so far. I would do a lot more, but work prevents me from playing as much as I want... Hopefully the starter shines quickly. SRing is annoying me with these terrible L and R buttons. And I keep having this weird feeling I'm going to get a shiny Chikorita, but I don't know yet. I'll take whatever shines for me, so who knows what I'll get.
    I would say not to worry about the L and R button problems. All 6 of my SR hunts were done without the use of L and R buttons, so you can do it! Good luck to all you guys hunting starters!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Gratz to jssr903 on Tepig, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, maldoror on Zorua, Frost Mage on Cobalion, dan2point5 on Sandshrew, YNCRN on Aron, Master Leo on Zigzagoon, VictorC on Regigigas, Cyndajay on Timburr, Charizardmaster#1 on Zubat, pokemaster13 on Squirtle, and gustavo 14 on Golurk!

Alot of luck going around it seems! Well, I've hatched almost 300 eggs for Yanma so far and Pineco is really being stubborn! I've been hunting it for nearly two weeks now so hopefully it shines soon.

Btw, that Gogoat is definitely shiny! October needs to hurry up already! Starting next month, I'm gonna try avoiding all XY info since I don't want most of the game to be spoiled for me before I get it. So I probably won't be posting much at all but I'll still be hunting!

Keep it up everyone and good luck!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Tornadus. (SR)

I found 4 pennies glued together on the ground, heads up as well, that would be so lulz worthy if i get a shiny today. Bout to start hunting as soon as the heat game starts, that adamant golurk with a high IV in Special attack is definately trolly. Reminds me of my jolly alakazam with a 31 IV in special attack. A minus sp. ATK nature yet max IV WTF to that

Havent gotten any shinies lately and it looks like i have been kicked out of 1st place >_< Ppl are just way to lucky! lol Oh well currently hunting for a shiny vulpix with drought ability so wish me luck xDD Also I let myself be swept into the trend and bought New Leaf. Ive never played a game like this so I really hope it wasnt 35 bucks wasted Anyone who has this game should PM me with their info T_T Cuz none of my friends have this game xDD

I decided to SR Castform in the Weather Institute for shiny #6 in my Sapphire BQ. At about 600 SR's atm, but its going pretty quickly.

In regards to X/Y, I dont think I'll be able to stop myself from doing a BQ on it once I get Y. I cant wait . I dont really care if its compatible with W/B/W2/B2 since I keep my shinies on the game I caught them on and I dont have any desire to complete the dex.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Congrats to Cyndajay on Timburr, Charizardmaster#1 on Zubat, pokemaster13 on Squirtle, and gustavo 14 on Golurk!

I managed to do 700 REs on both games today! My hunt for Shinx on Platinum is now at 6,300 REs, which makes it my second longest hunt, but that's not saying much My hunt for Growlithe on Black 2 is now at 4,400 REs, so it's now past half way to the odds! One of these just might finally hit the odds Really hoping I don't get anything but Shinx next on Platinum (pretty sure I said at one point that I wouldn't care if it took 20k REs as long as my next shiny is a male Shinx)...However, as much as I'd like to finally get Growlithe, I'm not opposed to a Magnemite or Audino showing up...But I won't be hunting for them if Growlithe shows up next.

I still have a few days left till my Netflix subscription expires, and I really only bought/used it to watch a couple of the Marvel hero movies, so I decided to make some use of it tonight while hunting and decided to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which I've never seen before (haven't really seen any of the cult classics), and it was quite good and made 200 REs go by very easily. Yesterday I decided to put in The Bourne Identity while I hunted and it also made a ~200 REs go by fast. And then I watched The Bourne Supremacy last night and did 150 REs on White, and I'm going to watch The Bourne Ultimatum tonight and maybe hunt some more on White. This shiny hunting stuff's making me watch lots of movies >.< But it does make hunting go much easier!

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Oh, and I know we've discussed shiny hunting practices and superstitions and stuff, but I have a question about that...Is there any better chance of finding a shiny by saving and then restarting the game up? I mean, I get that by resetting the seed, you have the chance of making it happen earlier on, but beyond that, do I actually have less of a chance of finding a shiny if I have my game turned on the whole day and have racked up ~500+ REs? I didn't think so, but I get kind of paranoid when I see people who do SR the game after maybe 100 or 200 REs...I don't want to have to SR the game if I don't have to, so can anyone clarify so I don't feel so paranoid X]?
    Anyone ?

Good luck hunting, everyone!

EDIT: Thanks Frost Mage
    Last edited by Cpchris; 14th June 2013 at 7:00 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris
    Oh, and I know we've discussed shiny hunting practices and superstitions and stuff, but I have a question about that...Is there any better chance of finding a shiny by saving and then restarting the game up? I mean, I get that by resetting the seed, you have the chance of making it happen earlier on, but beyond that, do I actually have less of a chance of finding a shiny if I have my game turned on the whole day and have racked up ~500+ REs? I didn't think so, but I get kind of paranoid when I see people who do SR the game after maybe 100 or 200 REs...I don't want to have to SR the game if I don't have to, so can anyone clarify so I don't feel so paranoid X]?
    Every time you encounter a Pokemon (and this is from someone who doesn't abuse the RNG), several of many factors change, so theoretically, no matter what you do, you'll always have the same odds.
    Last edited by Frost Mage; 14th June 2013 at 6:46 AM.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I will be getting everyone's congrats (hopefully) tomorrow, so for now I'll leave you with this: Congrats on all recent shinies!

On the subject of the shiny Gogoat, I most definitely think that is it's shiny form. I am not calling anyone wrong, that is just my opinion. It looks like another color in all areas from the normal Gogoat.

Alright, now I'm getting paranoid. My treecko hunt has gone on for a long time for how many SRs I have done each day. Especially since I haven't seen a shiny Treecko or a shiny Poochyena yet. So my question is, even if I changed my internal battery and it's a ruby version, is there a chance that the battery replacement didn't work and the RNG is still broken? If someone could answer this, that would be awesome. Thanks!
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Congrats to pokemaster13 on Squirtle, gustavo 14 on Golurk, and any others who've recently gotten shinies.

I've begun my hunt in Viridian Forest. I'm dual hunting on my Leafgreen and Firered and I've reached 606 REs so far. Unfortunately for shiny hunting, I'll be getting Animal Crossing tomorrow which means I won't be hunting much unless I have good reason to stop playing Animal Crossing. But before I get that I should be able to reach 1,000 REs.

Anyway, good luck everyone on your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hey again, all! Thanks for the congrats for Volcarona, Papousse, City, 2rsa, Paddy (when are they gonna shorten that name of yours?! ), Cyndajay and Cpchris! (I loved your HG story, by the way!)

There have been a heck of a lot of shiny Pokémon captured/recruited since my last post, and it's awesome to see! Please, guys (and girls!), if you have access to a camera, please post photos! I think it looks amazing seeing all those photos and it really inspires you when you look at all of the success people are having. I'm aware that a lot of people do, and that a lot of people also don't have access to a camera, but hopefully someone agrees with me, that even if you've seen the same shiny multiple times in other peoples photos, it still looks amazing in another photo. Alright, I'll stop rambling on here! Congrats to CosmicPotato, City of Delusion x3.5 (the .5 is for that first Latios! Wow, I respect what you chose to do, but I don't think I could have done that!), Cocoadragon (I'm happy you finally got that lamb!) Cyndajay x2, 201238, Papousse, ShinyLord, jssr903, pxm1 x2, Wyverndust (Yay, finally! Are you going to hunt a Poochyena now???) Growlie19, ohjeezitskim x2, Heliotrope, maldoror x2, Charizardmaster#1 x2, Gustavo x2 (Mewtwo is so awesome!!!), FrostMage x2 (That Cobalion luck ... sheesh!), dan2point5, YNCRN, MasterLeo, Victor C and Pokemaster13!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    This is a great moment of luck, but future always decides to revenge and make the next one just awfully long. I hope it won't be your case !
    Wow, I'm impressed now. Already 6 and 3 or 4 in less then a month, it's very quick ! Volcarona was a very neat hunt, I almost forgot it ! I like the warmth its colors are making feel people. And Rosalina is a great name indeed, I liked her from Mario Galaxie, too.
    Well, you were right. My next hunt was long enough. Sure, it could have been worse, but I'll explain about that in a moment!

I couldn't believe my luck during those few days. All on the same game, too. And Rosalina just fits her now, like it was meant to be.

Where are you hunting next ? I hope it's another non-generation 5 Pokémon. I think you should really take the advantage of finding other generations Pokémon in the wild for your hunts !
    Well, my next hunt was Abundant Shrine. I thought I would take advantage of all the shinies I didn't have there, and there are some beautiful ones there, that's for sure!

I really think you should try for Tynamo. Just looked at its shiny sprites on Bulbapedia and it just look awesome. But you know what ? I just noticed that Tynamo is foundable at 5% at the Seaside Cave, where no other Electric types are, if you were afraid of Joltik! Of course, there's a Woobat there, but there's also Boldore, Golduck and Seel, wich are very interesting Pokémon too! If you go on the other floor, 5% of chances of encountering a Eelektrik and Seel is replaced by Shuckle. You should go take a look here!
    Good luck !
    Thanks for the suggestion! I found I still couldn't access Seaside Cave properly at the point in the game I was in, but it is definitely a spot I'm considering. I think that another repeat shiny, like Woobat, might make me cry, though! I'm curious about how often Tynamo would appear if I used static. It might be worth looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Zane, thanks for the nickname! Rosales fits for my Male Roselia I guess.
    Also, the moth is pretty nice...shame the ones I see flit about and scare me...
    Oh, did you end up using Rosales??? Not a problem. Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I have a question I think someone needs to ask. Serebii posted that gamefreak is working on making XY compatible with gen 5. If they don't end up being compatible, what are all the people who bred 8 or more eevee for sylveon and/or those who were trying to get a bunch of shinies for XY going to do?

I, personally, don't care where my shinies are as long as I have them :3
    Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post

Also, no one seems to be talking about Nintendo saying they're "working on" making Gen V Pokemon transferable to Gen VI, meaning it might not happen...

Is this not upsetting to anyone? What are your thoughts on it?
    I know that I get upset about it. I want to be able to see my shinies in 3D. However, I am trying to have faith in the fact that they can do this. I'm sure they're smart enough to work it out. Yes, there might be a few hiccups along the way, but it is an integral aspect of the game for a lot of people. Some people think of Pokémon as just pixels, but to others they mean more than that. I say that without meaning to sound corny, but it's pretty easy to develop some sort of an attachment to a gang of cute critters that you spent hours training and battling with.

If it doesn't happen, then ... I don't know. I will be upset, yes. What does frustrate me at the moment, though, is how there seems to be so many people against it due to the competitive cheating that goes on with RNG and movesets or what have you. It frustrates me because not everyone should be penalised just because some people cheat.

They obviously have realised how much shiny Pokémon mean to people, too, to include it as one of the key factors mentioned in that pyramid in the roundtable video. So, that made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessara View Post
    I'm quite excited after seeing that Roundtable vid. I did some poking around and found pics to compare what was shown:

That is just so cool and I'm more keen than ever to hunt on X & Y. I love how the sparkles look, they are so much more eye-catching than the ones from previous gens.

As for seeing sparkles on my games, no luck since the Skarmory I found on my Soul Silver, but I'll keep going and hopefully something will shine soon. Congrats to all who have gotten new shinies and good luck.
    Funnily enough, I didn't really notice this on my first viewing of the video. When I watched it again, I thought the Gogoat looked a little off, but it never really occurred to me that it would/could be a shiny version. I wish someone had actually asked in the roundtable about it! :P But of course they wouldn't. It's a bit of a pity that the Gogoat isn't a vastly different shiny compared to its normal counterpart. Then we'd know for sure. But it definitely is off colour.

Someone mentioned they might have altered the colours a little, but I don't think that's the case. I mean, there's official artwork out there now with the old colours, so it would be silly to just alter it slightly now. Yes, things have happened in the past, like Jynx for example. So, who knows?

Someone also mentions that the sparkles/shine that is animating around it happens in other trades, too. You can still see other sparkles behind it, but this does look like a ring of sparkles erupting from the Pokémon as if it's a shiny version. The colour kind of reminds me of shiny sparkles from the Gamecube games. They were sort of orangeish, weren't they?

Also, they might make it so that a shiny sparkles when it hatches and whenever it comes out of a Pokeball now. That would be cool. I always thought a shiny should sparkle from an egg.

It's hard to know until we see for ourselves, but hey, let's just hope it was a little Easter egg put in the roundtable for us shiny fans!

Also, I really hope my theory about the starters being shiny before you pick them up, just like in HGSS, is correct. I mean, they're not just static pictures, they're moving, blinking, shrieking Pokémon, which suggests to me that they're all standing there, waiting to be picked, and suddenly there's a purple capped Chespin staring at you. ... Let's hope, anyway! About the shiny appearing before you choose the Pokémon, not so much about the purple Chespin, rather.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Also...

Anyone ?
    I guess it's already been answered, but I think that it's just a matter of hitting that frame. You just never know when it will happen. I'm not the most technical-minded person, but my personal method of hunting is to hunt for sometimes an hour before I reset, or two hours. Sometimes I hunt for three. I seem to get a lot of my shiny appearances early on, so like ... within half an hour of SRing. Like you said, it's just resetting the seed. However, there have been a number of occasions where I have hunted constantly for a couple of hours or so, and a shiny has appeared.

So, yeah, like I said, I just try to mix it up a bit, but if I'm not feeling it, I reset, and hope for something to happen then. Without really knowing what is about to occur in the future, it's hard to know what you should do. You might reset and get that shiny four encounters in, or you might keep going and get a shiny within four more encounters. It can do your head in, I reckon!

So, on to my newest acquisition!

After 11,160 REs, I got a new shiny. Papousse, you said I'd lose my good luck after my lucky stint, and you were kind of right! I don't want to sound like it was the worst hunt in the world, because it wasn't, but it was slightly beginning to drag a bit. I know we have all had horribly long hunts in the past, longer than this one, too.

So, my one request from the game was that I didn't get any more double/repeat shiny Pokémon. It appears that the game didn't listen, because after about two and a bit hours of REing, I heard the sparkles and looked down to see the one Pokémon I was not hoping to shine from this route. There were plenty of other Pokémon I didn't have from here, but only one Pokémon I did. And that Pokémon has a 10% encounter rate. The others have 10% and one has 30%, so the odds weren't against me, but it still managed to give me the thing I wanted the least!

In battle with a perfectly normal Petilil:
    http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/818/0jl1.jpg

So, yeah, my targets were, in order: Altaria, Petilil, Marill, Vulpix, Bronzong, and finally Golduck.

Lol... Ah well! I've met some beautiful shinies on this hunt, regardless!

It's time to play some more of the game, and find that last shiny to hunt! There are so many hunts I want to accomplish at some point, my main ones being Mothim, Grumpig!!!, Combee, Starly, Illumise, Bellossom, Scraggy, a few of the fossil Pokes, Rotom ... I really hope that I can get a few of them before XY, and maybe during XY, too. It would be nice if there was a field full of Grumpig and all those others mentioned ... and no Woobat or Golduck!

Good luck, everyone! Keep up the good work! And for those who are struggling with their hunts, don't give up whatever you do!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 14th June 2013 at 8:37 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

8,240 REs and counting... Looks like the luck you sent me got eaten by the bad luck hex I've been trying to get rid of, Frost Mage.

Unown spoiled me for short hunts by appearing after only 1,500 REs
    Last edited by Cyberra; 14th June 2013 at 8:31 AM.

Hey everybody. Congrats on all the new shinies.

I'm now at 7060 soft resets for shiny Tornadus, and 1600 encounters for my 5th Ruby badge quest shiny (I've decided to hunt on route 110 again, hoping that I won't be unlucky enough to get another shiny Zigzagoon).

But, um, this has just arrived in the post so I may be a little distracted from shiny hunting for a bit. If any fellow Animal Crossing fans in this topic want to do some fruit trading later on I'd be more than happy to. Now I'm off to reset for my perfect town layout. :P

Good luck guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    A cat arrived in the post?!
    Nope, just the game. Sadly it doesn't come with a free cute cat. Good luck with your hunt.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 14th June 2013 at 12:20 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Hey everybody. Congrats on all the new shinies.

I'm now at 7060 soft resets for shiny Tornadus, and 1600 encounters for my 5th Ruby badge quest shiny (I've decided to hunt on route 110 again, hoping that I won't be unlucky enough to get another shiny Zigzagoon).

But, um, this has just arrived in the post so I may be a little distracted from shiny hunting for a bit. If any fellow Animal Crossing fans in this topic want to do some fruit trading later on I'd be more than happy to. Now I'm off to reset for my perfect town layout. :P

Good luck guys.
    A cat arrived in the post?!

Will probably get 100 SRs in before I go to work, so total will be 7,350 (unless it shines...)
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

I've spent over two months on a hunt for a shiny Charmander... (MM + shiny charm). I am so close to giving up, how do you all stay motivated??

Well, after a long Pokemon hiatus, I've picked up my Latias hunt again.

Also finally ordered White 2 today, so will do some hunts on there eventually too.

And I think if I ever get the shinies I want from my Jap SS, I might then restart and have a go at a badge quest.

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

Just browsing GameFAQs, and I saw this picture in one of the threads. When you compare the animation of the normal Fennekin exiting a ball to the Gogoat, the ring of light is basically the same. Not saying that it isn't a shiny Gogoat, but just another thing to consider.

Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 14th June 2013 at 2:07 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Hey again, all! Thanks for the congrats for Volcarona, Papousse, City, 2rsa, Paddy (when are they gonna shorten that name of yours?! ), Cyndajay and Cpchris! (I loved your HG story, by the way!)

There have been a heck of a lot of shiny Pokémon captured/recruited since my last post, and it's awesome to see! Please, guys (and girls!), if you have access to a camera, please post photos! I think it looks amazing seeing all those photos and it really inspires you when you look at all of the success people are having. I'm aware that a lot of people do, and that a lot of people also don't have access to a camera, but hopefully someone agrees with me, that even if you've seen the same shiny multiple times in other peoples photos, it still looks amazing in another photo. Alright, I'll stop rambling on here! Congrats to CosmicPotato, City of Delusion x3.5 (the .5 is for that first Latios! Wow, I respect what you chose to do, but I don't think I could have done that!), Cocoadragon (I'm happy you finally got that lamb!) Cyndajay x2, 201238, Papousse, ShinyLord, jssr903, pxm1 x2, Wyverndust (Yay, finally! Are you going to hunt a Poochyena now???) Growlie19, ohjeezitskim x2, Heliotrope, maldoror x2, Charizardmaster#1 x2, Gustavo x2 (Mewtwo is so awesome!!!), FrostMage x2 (That Cobalion luck ... sheesh!), dan2point5, YNCRN, MasterLeo, Victor C and Pokemaster13!!!

Well, you were right. My next hunt was long enough. Sure, it could have been worse, but I'll explain about that in a moment!

I couldn't believe my luck during those few days. All on the same game, too. And Rosalina just fits her now, like it was meant to be.

Well, my next hunt was Abundant Shrine. I thought I would take advantage of all the shinies I didn't have there, and there are some beautiful ones there, that's for sure!

Thanks for the suggestion! I found I still couldn't access Seaside Cave properly at the point in the game I was in, but it is definitely a spot I'm considering. I think that another repeat shiny, like Woobat, might make me cry, though! I'm curious about how often Tynamo would appear if I used static. It might be worth looking up.

Oh, did you end up using Rosales??? Not a problem. Glad I could help.

I know that I get upset about it. I want to be able to see my shinies in 3D. However, I am trying to have faith in the fact that they can do this. I'm sure they're smart enough to work it out. Yes, there might be a few hiccups along the way, but it is an integral aspect of the game for a lot of people. Some people think of Pokémon as just pixels, but to others they mean more than that. I say that without meaning to sound corny, but it's pretty easy to develop some sort of an attachment to a gang of cute critters that you spent hours training and battling with.

If it doesn't happen, then ... I don't know. I will be upset, yes. What does frustrate me at the moment, though, is how there seems to be so many people against it due to the competitive cheating that goes on with RNG and movesets or what have you. It frustrates me because not everyone should be penalised just because some people cheat.

They obviously have realised how much shiny Pokémon mean to people, too, to include it as one of the key factors mentioned in that pyramid in the roundtable video. So, that made me smile.

Funnily enough, I didn't really notice this on my first viewing of the video. When I watched it again, I thought the Gogoat looked a little off, but it never really occurred to me that it would/could be a shiny version. I wish someone had actually asked in the roundtable about it! :P But of course they wouldn't. It's a bit of a pity that the Gogoat isn't a vastly different shiny compared to its normal counterpart. Then we'd know for sure. But it definitely is off colour.

Someone mentioned they might have altered the colours a little, but I don't think that's the case. I mean, there's official artwork out there now with the old colours, so it would be silly to just alter it slightly now. Yes, things have happened in the past, like Jynx for example. So, who knows?

Someone also mentions that the sparkles/shine that is animating around it happens in other trades, too. You can still see other sparkles behind it, but this does look like a ring of sparkles erupting from the Pokémon as if it's a shiny version. The colour kind of reminds me of shiny sparkles from the Gamecube games. They were sort of orangeish, weren't they?

Also, they might make it so that a shiny sparkles when it hatches and whenever it comes out of a Pokeball now. That would be cool. I always thought a shiny should sparkle from an egg.

It's hard to know until we see for ourselves, but hey, let's just hope it was a little Easter egg put in the roundtable for us shiny fans!

Also, I really hope my theory about the starters being shiny before you pick them up, just like in HGSS, is correct. I mean, they're not just static pictures, they're moving, blinking, shrieking Pokémon, which suggests to me that they're all standing there, waiting to be picked, and suddenly there's a purple capped Chespin staring at you. ... Let's hope, anyway! About the shiny appearing before you choose the Pokémon, not so much about the purple Chespin, rather.

I guess it's already been answered, but I think that it's just a matter of hitting that frame. You just never know when it will happen. I'm not the most technical-minded person, but my personal method of hunting is to hunt for sometimes an hour before I reset, or two hours. Sometimes I hunt for three. I seem to get a lot of my shiny appearances early on, so like ... within half an hour of SRing. Like you said, it's just resetting the seed. However, there have been a number of occasions where I have hunted constantly for a couple of hours or so, and a shiny has appeared.

So, yeah, like I said, I just try to mix it up a bit, but if I'm not feeling it, I reset, and hope for something to happen then. Without really knowing what is about to occur in the future, it's hard to know what you should do. You might reset and get that shiny four encounters in, or you might keep going and get a shiny within four more encounters. It can do your head in, I reckon!

So, on to my newest acquisition!

After 11,160 REs, I got a new shiny. Papousse, you said I'd lose my good luck after my lucky stint, and you were kind of right! I don't want to sound like it was the worst hunt in the world, because it wasn't, but it was slightly beginning to drag a bit. I know we have all had horribly long hunts in the past, longer than this one, too.

So, my one request from the game was that I didn't get any more double/repeat shiny Pokémon. It appears that the game didn't listen, because after about two and a bit hours of REing, I heard the sparkles and looked down to see the one Pokémon I was not hoping to shine from this route. There were plenty of other Pokémon I didn't have from here, but only one Pokémon I did. And that Pokémon has a 10% encounter rate. The others have 10% and one has 30%, so the odds weren't against me, but it still managed to give me the thing I wanted the least!

In battle with a perfectly normal Petilil:
    http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/818/0jl1.jpg

So, yeah, my targets were, in order: Altaria, Petilil, Marill, Vulpix, Bronzong, and finally Golduck.

Lol... Ah well! I've met some beautiful shinies on this hunt, regardless!

It's time to play some more of the game, and find that last shiny to hunt! There are so many hunts I want to accomplish at some point, my main ones being Mothim, Grumpig!!!, Combee, Starly, Illumise, Bellossom, Scraggy, a few of the fossil Pokes, Rotom ... I really hope that I can get a few of them before XY, and maybe during XY, too. It would be nice if there was a field full of Grumpig and all those others mentioned ... and no Woobat or Golduck!

Good luck, everyone! Keep up the good work! And for those who are struggling with their hunts, don't give up whatever you do!
    Mmh. I knew it ! You know, I can read the future!
    And I predict the last one will be the one or the second you wanted the most in your hunting spot! Well you know, to be totally honest with you, I like Golduck's shiny form, but since you already have one, you're pretty unlucky at the moment. But a shiny is a shiny, right?
    For names, if you don't have any yet, I can propose you... Emmet, Forrest or Mesmer ?
    I'm not in mood to talk, I had a bad day yesterday... I still wish you good luck for your last!
    Quote Originally Posted by xKatie0391 View Post
    Well, after a long Pokemon hiatus, I've picked up my Latias hunt again.

Also finally ordered White 2 today, so will do some hunts on there eventually too.

And I think if I ever get the shinies I want from my Jap SS, I might then restart and have a go at a badge quest.
    You know what ? I started a Latias hunt few days ago but, because of the exams coming and activities, I don't have much time to hunt. I should be around 300 to 400 soft resets, no more. Maybe you would like to make a race with me ? It could help me to go faster!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 14th June 2013 at 2:28 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Just browsing GameFAQs, and I saw this picture in one of the threads. When you compare the animation of the normal Fennekin exiting a ball to the Gogoat, the ring of light is basically the same. Not saying that it isn't a shiny Gogoat, but just another thing to consider.
        Spoiler:- images:
    They've never had sparkles shown in trade animations, just the exiting of the ball.

Also to make things worse, I found out the real issue that GF has with compatibility rather than the simple statement about working which serebii had posted. Apparently the 3DS and DS aren't compatible at all. I've been thinking about it, and basically everything on the 3DS is listed as 3DS or DS and there isn't any overlap other than being able to tell what game is in the slot. I'm thinking it's not likely that we'll be seeing gen 5 working with gen 6 unless just maybe they can pull a memory link. They did have the option to use the global link to connect two games within 5th generation, so we might be seeing an online transfer of some sort (secretly hopes GF sees this).

I'm also having no luck with my loads of encounters I'm doing for my special challenge to learn about pokémon I've never used. I'm almost 25 hours in, with at least 95% being encounters and nothing yet.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    You know what ? I started a Latias hunt few days ago but, because of the exams coming and activities, I don't have much time to hunt. I should be around 300 to 400 soft resets, no more. Maybe you would like to make a race with me ? It could help me to go faster!
    Yeah, a race sounds fun. Never had a shiny race before, maybe it'll motivate me more

Not keeping track of my resets though. I did for a bit, but when I got to 2000 I stopped, it was quite tedious.

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

What's the easiest way to do a Charmander hunt?

It may not be, but in my mind it is a shiny Gogoat. If you watch the newest video on the main page (Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Gameplay Trailer 4) there is a clip of Gogoat vs. Noivern. The Gogoat has the original color as it was first revealed. It could be that the gameplay video is earlier than the trade clip and GF changed Gogoats color in the mean time. I seriously doubt it though, given the reality of shinys. It seems to me that they were showing us a shiny Gogoat, but of course, I could be wrong!

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Junior12 View Post
    What's the easiest way to do a Charmander hunt?
    That depends on what method you like. If you like SR, SR for it in Oaks Lab or if you like MM, MM it instead. As for me, I'm listening to the EP that I'll be buying when it comes out(The Wanted's Latest) while I hunt. It's my 17th Birthday in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get a birthday shiny? I'm on 4,142 RE's right now in Relic Castle. Hopefully I'll get to 5,000 this weekend, however I'm quite busy. Congrats on recent additions, and best of luck to everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Page 245 of 914 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast