Page 247 of 947 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 23664

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Thanks so much, Cynda, CoD and Cpchris! It means a lot, cheers.

Major congrats to Scrufox on that shiny Darumaka!

Cyndajay on that shiny Druddigon!
    Druddigon is one of my favourite Pokémon, and that shiny is so beautiful! Also, talk about luck there! I bet it was such a surprise.

and

CoD on the shiny Yanma! That blue is amazing. I'd love to catch a Yanma. Dragonflies are really quite amazing, aren't they? While I love Yanmega for other reasons, I think it's a pity that it doesn't retain any of that vibrant blue once Yanma evolves, though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Funny story: I was about to respond to Zane Clarthy with "Yeah, if nothing shines tonight I think I'll start trying new IDs" but then the phone rang.
    So I chat a bit, hang up, get ready to make my way to the computer to type out my post and...
    SHINY TOTODILE!!!
    Wow, congrats, Dangertrout! Err, don't listen to me again, do the opposite of everything I say, okay? It's moments like this that are so rewarding and you understand why you hunt these little critters, huh? By the way, if it's not too personal, where did the name Dangertrout come from? Any specially meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Hi guys! Still no shiny Latias, unfortunately... However, during my movie, I did a lot of soft resets so I'm glad of what I've done today (might continue a little bit before going to sleep, though).
    Keep going, Papousse!!! Do what it takes to get that Latias, even if you have to watch Hermione over and over again until it decides to shine.

I was watching some videos of shiny Latias captures and while watching one, I had a thought. A thought that I had to share with you, as a question, to see how everyone here would react in front of that situation. Please be free to answer it!
    You're hunting in dark grasses in one of the fifth generation game when suddenly, you hear the sparkle noise twice harder than before. You look at the screen and you see two shinies in the same double battle! How do you react ?
    I thought it was impossible to encounter two shinies in a double battle ... but I have no idea. I'm not an expert on the inner workings of the game by any means, so it might just have been a rumour floating around that developed into a "fact" with no real substance behind it. I'd like to see if some other youtubers post some videos with double shinies in them in the future. The one that Cpchris posted was one I saw yesterday, and I had my own thoughts about that particular video, too. It's hard to know what is going on, because the person in the video doesn't really react much or explain anything. If it was me I'd be gasping and staring on in horror, frozen almost. (Haha, that sounds kind of funny.)

Having said that, though, just say it really did happen. There's a couple of different scenarios that could occur. It might be two of the same shiny, or one might be a shiny I already have, so I wouldn't feel as terrible KOing one if it meant that I was about to add another shiny I didn't have to my team. I'd still hate to do it, though, but I don't think I'd know what to do if I happened to meet with two shinies I didn't actually have at the same time. I think it would take me a long time to work out which one would be KOed and left behind.

Edit: Oh, Cpchris! I just thought I'd weigh in on your discussion about doing a half BQ or something ... That's a good idea. But here are some other options for you to consider. Some might be a little difficult to do, or you might have to bend the rules a bit.

You could just think of a team in advance, and hunt for a shiny team. Maybe 5 shiny Pokémon, plus some random HM Slave. If you happen to get something other than your target, you could either use that one instead, or consider it a bonus.

You could do a Name Quest, but that might require specific Pokémon that aren't available straight away. However, because it's not a Badge Quest, you aren't restricted by the badges, and can move along at your leisure.
    This can also apply to any word you can think of, too. Maybe the word "SHINY" or something.

Or maybe hunt for shinies of a particular type, like all the Bug types that are found throughout the game normally.

Or what about doing a set amount of REs per route? Like, just say you have to do 5,000 on each Route before you move on, or something.

I know that it doesn't help if you get a different shiny instead, but hey, it would be up to you if you just moved on once you got a shiny, no matter what it is, or you just counted it as a bonus!

Some of the ideas are kind of rough, but something might inspire you.
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 15th June 2013 at 2:48 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Congrats everyone on your successful hunts!

I haven't been hunting the last few days because one of my cats was a bit sick and it left me feeling very unmotivated to do much. Then I decided to spend the rest of the week playing through white 2 with a scramble challenge before continuing my hunts. I've now hit 1260 eggs hatched w/ charm for Squirtle, Sandshrew is still at 2300 SR's and I did a bit more reseting for Kabuto so that is now at 430 SR's w/ Charm.

I've also decided that once these 3 hunts are done, I'll finish my Heartgold Scramble challenge so I can start a BQ. It's something I've been wanting to do for some time now and plus I've been wanting to do more hunts on 4th gen so this'll be great.

Just realised it's been a month since I got my last shiny, so hopefully something decides to shine soon. Good luck everyone.
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Thanks, Papousse! I hope everything is okay, though ...

I have named the Golduck "Reed", lol. So now I have two Golduck named Reed and Wade. I just put ???? at the time because I was stumped thinking of something at the nickname screen, so I decided to EV train him first and then work out what to do. Yes, a shiny is a shiny, I'm still happy, don't get me wrong. I was just thinking the outcome of the hunt was kind of amusing, but I do hope you're right about your next prediction of getting my first or second choice regardless. Good luck with Latias!
    Yup, everything is fine now. Well, I hope...
    Reed is cool, don't worry ! Glad you're happy about it, and yes, my prediction will become the truth, if you believe in it, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by xKatie0391 View Post
    I'm hunting her on SS, so no shiny charm for me either
    Oh, I'm hunting in White 2, I hope it's still fair enough to you! But still, good luck, you'll need some if you want to win, because Latias will be mine !
    If I ever get it, but who cares.
    Funny story: I was about to respond to Zane Clarthy with "Yeah, if nothing shines tonight I think I'll start trying new IDs" but then the phone rang.
    So I chat a bit, hang up, get ready to make my way to the computer to type out my post and...
    SHINY TOTODILE!!!

Not quite the one I wanted, and I think Timid is not a great nature, but I don't care! Finally, I can start my BQ! SQUEEEEEEE!!
    Not sure if I mentioned, but I won't be playing with my shinies, as I wish to upload them to W2 and evolve them their for my shiny dex.
    Instead, I'll be sending over a bunch of eggs from my Diamond file and hatching one per shiny to use instead.
    Can I do a "squeeee!" too, for you ?
    Major congratulations, Dangertrout, I find Totodile cute, so I'm kinda jealous right now!
    I would like to have a similar story to share with you guys but, the luck isn't with me actually. Still, good luck on your Badge Quest, Dangertrout!
    Keep going, Papousse!!! Do what it takes to get that Latias, even if you have to watch Hermione over and over again until it decides to shine.
    I swore to god I'm calling that Latias Hermione once I get it! It will shine eventually, I always say. I hope. But I won't give up when I'm that far. I'm also in a race, so it wouldn't be fun to give up! And since it would be my first fifth generation game shiny I've never found a shiny in a fifth generation game), I would be very proud of myself!
    Since my friend decided to hunt for a shiny Cresselia, we decided to both give them nicknames, Hermione the Latias and Lullaby the Cresselia!

I probably said all. Thanks to those who answered me to my confusing situation. I would be screaming myself if this was happening to me (unfortunately no, I'm not that luck, eheh). Major congratulations to everyone of you, and good luck for the rest!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Congrats Danger on totodile, COD on yanma, scrufox on darumaka, and cyndajay on shiny druddigon sorry if I missed anyone anyway I have some shiny news of my own.

2 SHINIES IN 1 DAY 2X IN THE SAME MONTH! SHINY SUDOWOODO AFTER 427 SRs!

I found this shiny last night at 11:00pm and I immediately froze in disbelief before shutting the DS to catch the sparkles and you don't get to see the battle because I upload videos to youtube and I like to catch the sparkles to my shinies. This shiny is so beautiful I did not expect it to appear so early pretty sure my next hunt will be long so *throws my luck to everyone* good luck guys .

The nature is hasty and its somewhat vain and I'm now at 4124 SRs for moltres.
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 15th June 2013 at 3:22 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

SHINY TOTODILE!!!
    Wow! Congratulations on that! Can you give me your luck for my BQ starter?

800 SR and nothing yet. Yes, I know I'm not that far, but I've only been SRing when I watch Doctor Who at night. Maybe since it's finally the weekend, I can get a lot more in.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

Congrats on everyone who've caught shinies! Shiny sudowoodo is a great colour too!

For me though, I've had both good and bad luck. Three months and that shiny roggenrola just refuses to hatch for me. I think I've gone over 1,000 eggs now.

Oh the other hand, I took a break from hatching eggs to EV my pokemon for the upcoming wifi, and while in the dragonspiral tower fainting golurks for attack EVs I blundered into a grey one. First response: 'hey, that thing looks like that old lady's golurk from that victini movie'...and then I hear a ping sound and I realise I've just come across my first random/surprise encounter shiny in my white 2 game
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Congrats to Zane on Golduck, Cocoa on Abra and Sudowoodo, Cyndajay on Druddigon, CoD on Yanma and to Dangertrout on Totodile. Apologies if I've missed you.

Well I've been getting stuck into the start of this BQ and I'm on 1,660 SR's so far for Tepig which ain't bad going! Will hopefully hit the 2k mark before the weekends out.

Good luck everyone!

@Zane Clarthy, there isn't any special meaning behind my name. Many moons ago (years actually) my friend started playing Dungeons and Dragons Online, and was showing me the game. He wandered past someone named Dangertrout and I thought the name was funny. Some time later I joined Serebii and thought "whats a good pokemonish name?" Dangertrout popped into my head with a Gyarados image. I think I spent the first couple years here with a Gyarados as my avatar

Playing through SS now with my first hatch, Taillow. I'm going to get everything done up to the second gym and then go back to search for my second shiny. Still undecided on where to hunt, as Spinarak is unavailable in SS. I have plenty of time to decide though

edit - Defeated the first gym. I was going to make my way to the next town and get the slowpoke well mission out of the way, but I think I'm going to take some time and hunt for my second shiny first.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 15th June 2013 at 7:17 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Congrats to cocoadragon on Sudowoodo and Thowra on Golurk!

Well...Good and bad news. First the less-bad news. I found a shiny 56 REs into hunting today...To me, this is kind of bad news just because I really wanted to see me get a shiny at like 400+ REs, just to prove to myself that it can happen and that there's no need to reset the seed after ~200-300 REs...So this didn't help confirm that :x

The next bad news is that it wasn't Growllithe (or Shinx - this was on Black 2). And it wasn't even Magnemite or Audino >_>

But...Shiny Magby! Yup, the shiny I wanted least from this area has shone itself to me after 4,756 REs! It's still a shiny, and one I don't already have, so I'm still really happy about it!

I saw the yellowy-orange body right away and felt like it was a solid 10 seconds before the sparkles happened Anyways, it's male...Oh and being the shiny I wanted least when I was really ready for Growlithe, he has a Sassy nature and is Thoroughly cunning...Oh, how appropriate indeed...Going to leave him as Magby as I'm not really fond of Magmar, and certainly not the creepy clownish sexual-predator-esque Magmortar (no offense to people who like him...That's just what he's always come off as to me).

So so far, I've been hunting Growlithe for 15,456 REs and in the process found a shiny Patrat, 2 shiny Koffings, and a shiny Magby (Pretty good for the number of REs)...Ok, Growlithe, whenever you're ready

Oh, also, this is my 10th shiny!

Good luck everyone!

EDIT:

And here's the vid
    Last edited by Cpchris; 15th June 2013 at 6:31 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congratulations to anyone who has obtained a shiny since my last post!

I've been hunting Groudon today, I really want to switch to Moltres, but I keep on thinking "One more SR won't hurt.". If things stay as they are now I most likely will see Groudon sparkle.

Good luck to everybody on their hunts!

Saaatoshi!

@Heliotrope and anyone else that hunts in Ruby and Sapphire, did your internal batteries run dry? And did you replace them? I recently replaced my internal batteries in Ruby and Sapphire and just want to make sure the chance for a shiny has returned to normal (as it was before my battery ran dry). I've already gotten a shiny Abra in Granite Cave in Ruby last week, but I'm still a little suspicious. Hunting Clamperl on both Ruby and Sapphire right now. I think I've done about 2000 encounters so far. I don't want to be wasting my time haha.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

I'm relatively new to shiny hunting. I've recently started playing Pokemon again after 8 years of break as the entire VI gen hype made me purchase 3ds and Black 2.
    I didn't have much luck with shinies back in the day so I was very surprised to stumble upon a shiny Cottonee.
    This got me quite hyped and hungry for more shinies so I decided to obtain a foreign Ditto and try my luck with MM. Today, after roughly 150 eggs, I was rewarded with a shiny Ralts.
    I'm yet to decide what my next shiny goal will be but I'm definitely not stopping here.

I'm taking a break from MMing Zorua since I have a lot of them with great IVs. I'll go back to it after I train up a team for the upcoming wifi competition! Instead, I'm attempting to MM/IV breed Treecko, so we'll see what happens!
    Congrats on everyone's recent shinys!

GPX Trophy Pokémon:

Newest In-game Shiny:

MM, 5th egg

Current Hunts:

MM, 300 eggs hatched to date

SRing since 6/24/13

2-4 flawless stat for trade here

Congrats to the following people on their shinies: City Of Delusion on Latios, Heliotrope on Koffing, maldoror on Pelipper, Charizardmaster#1 on Trapinch, ohjeezitskim on Golduck (and then a huge sorry for losing it D: ), gustavo14 on Mewtwo, Frost Mage on Golett, City Of Delusion on Piplup, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, maldoror on Zorua, Frost Mage on Cobalion, YNCRN on Aron, Master Leo on Zigzagoon, VictorC on Regigigas, Charizardmaster#1 on Zubat, pokemaster13 on Squirtle, gustavo14 on Golurk, Zane Clarthy on Golduck, cocoadragon on Abra, Cyndajay on Druddigon, City of Delusion on Yanma, Dangertrout on Totodile, cocoadragon on Sudowoodo (It appears your picture link is broken as well), Cpchris on Magby, and anyone else I may have missed!

@Gwabatim I was kind of wondering the same thing. I am hunting a shiny Treecko in Ruby, and I wanted to make sure replacing the battery guarantees that the RNG is no longer broken. If anyone could answer that, that would be awesome

Like I mentioned, I am still hunting Treecko. This hunt for some reason just has seemed to drag on like no other hunt I've ever done before (Besides maybe my Snivy hunt) and it's driving me a little bit insane. And my everlasting Turtwig hunt (started maybe a year ago but I took a break from it for a little while) and my Eevee hunt on top of it just seems to making it worse. So, even though I have my own methods, I would like to hear what you guys do to pass the time while hunting if you don't mind. Hopefully one of these suckers will shine soon.

@Wyvern, Yes that is what I mean. Would you mind having a Ruby BQ race with me?

Well, thanks for reading and good luck on all your current hunts! It's awesome to have a community of hunters to talk with while hunting! The support is amazing and it's fun to see people do things you find fun too! So thank you all
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

Quote Originally Posted by HGaddict View Post
    Like I mentioned, I am still hunting Treecko. This hunt for some reason just has seemed to drag on like no other hunt I've ever done before (Besides maybe my Snivy hunt) and it's driving me a little bit insane. And my everlasting Turtwig hunt (started maybe a year ago but I took a break from it for a little while) and my Eevee hunt on top of it just seems to making it worse. So, even though I have my own methods, I would like to hear what you guys do to pass the time while hunting if you don't mind. Hopefully one of these suckers will shine soon.
    Mh. You know, I'm watching movies and it's seriously helping me a lot. Just imagine. If the movie is around 2 hours to 2 hours and a half, it makes 120 to 150 minutes. If you're able to make around 5 soft resets per minutes, it can make around 600 to 750 soft resets just by watching a movie or even more if the movie is longer, and it's lot (well to me, it's a lot). So grab one or two movies you haven't watch for a while and just watch them while not really paying attention on how many resets you're making.
    Or else just listen to music while playing. Good music is motivating. I used that method when I was hatching eggs so maybe it could work well for the soft resets.
    I also heard that chewing a chewing gum helps the concentration. I never really chew a chewing gum while hunting but if it helps to concentrate, it could also help you to reset your game. These are the only advices I have for the moment, hope it will be useful!

As for me, well I was doing other stuff (my grandmother came by to visit) so now I'm ready to continue! Really hope that stubborn Latias shines as soon as possible.
    Good luck everyone!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I'm within 400 REs of hitting 10,000 REs for Golurk. My nerves are fraying and patience is starting to wear thin. Shine, damnit!

Today's leg of the hunt is slow to get started... I got shanghaied to help clean up after an old van my father was getting hauled away to be crushed practically exploded, leaving debris everywhere. But after the food there will be hunting. I hope Golurk shines soon... I want to get this hunt over with before my patience runs out.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/...psfb199134.jpg
    OMGGGGGGG AFTER 2,163 MM EGGS ON Black 2 + Shiny charm!!!
    Pierce hatched in the 6th egg in my newest 630 egg batch, but I was wayyy over the odds of MM with SC!!!!
    I hatched him this morning, and boy did I flood the xat chat room I was in! xD
    I cannot wait to evolve him into shiny Sylveon in X&Y
    Best drought break EVERRRR!!!! 6 month drought ends today!!!!
    Thank you everyone for your support especially KittyKitty, and my best friend and sister Laur!!!
    That’s all for now, and now I have nearly 630 MM Eevee eggs to hatch xD

EDIT: OMG I completely forgot to say congratiez on the recent shinies!!! Also, GL to everyone hunting~!
    Last edited by EmiiLava; 16th June 2013 at 12:07 AM.

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

The Day-Care Man doesn't know it, but I am planning to rule the Unova region by having my army of Caterpies decimate the region's agriculture.

Congrats everyone on all the shinies!

Like some people here, I'm soft resetting for a shiny starter in Soul Silver ( I recently erased my data after porting Pokemon to White 2 just for this ), I want to catch every shiny I missed out on on my first playthrough ( Ho-Oh... ), especially Mewtwo!

Hopefully one will shine soon because I've been going on and off since june 3rd apparently

While I'm at it, I'll tell a story about one of my friends

apparently in his Ruby or Emerald, he encountered a shiny Groudon, however he didn't care because his colors were ugly to him ( can't say how he described them lol ), sometimes I feel really mad at him for passing up that chance to get a shiny Groudon, but eh.
    Last edited by Drakonekoshi; 16th June 2013 at 1:57 AM.

8,150 SRs for Azelf now... Looks like this will be the second legendary to go over the odds...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,300 Run Aways

Bored out of my gourd. I think I may have finally reached my limit. I've lost all desire to hatch eggs,. I spent 3 hours driving around today window shopping, and it's like all the 4th gen cartridges were buried in the desert. But there's plenty of shovelware around, no matter how old. I actually found a Gamestop with a used no-box HeartGold at 5 dollars ABOVE retail, and the guy tried to convince me it was a good idea. No deal. I guess if I wanted a shiny Kyogre so badly, I could transfer a mess of Pokemon off my HG (my 4th gen storage cartridge) onto another one, then restart it.

Been playing Animal Crossing a lot lately - the only real flaw in it is that it DOESN'T punish you for changing the time, so it's tempting to mess with the clock to get rid of some unwanted neighbors. (Imagine if Pokemon picked your team for you, with no input from the player. How much would you rage...) And for some weird reason, the game makes me crave human contact.

edit: hurray, just lost power for NO REASON AT ALL on a hot evening with dinner ready to be heated up.

edit: whew, the power came back on... but I don't trust it to stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    The Day-Care Man doesn't know it, but I am planning to rule the Unova region by having my army of Caterpies decimate the region's agriculture.
    When I was hatching Sentrets for the Valentine's shiny CH, I had visions of hundreds of Sentrets bouncing all through the woods, popping up from behind bushes like cute brown popcorn.
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Congrats too:City Of Delusion on Latios, Heliotrope on Koffing, maldoror on Pelipper, Charizardmaster#1 on Trapinch, ohjeezitskim on Golduck (sorry you lost it! ), gustavo14 on Mewtwo, Frost Mage on Golett, City Of Delusion on Piplup, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, maldoror on Zorua, Frost Mage on Cobalion, YNCRN on Aron, Master Leo on Zigzagoon, VictorC on Regigigas, Charizardmaster#1 on Zubat, pokemaster13 on Squirtle, gustavo14 on Golurk, Zane Clarthy on Golduck, cocoadragon on Abra, Cyndajay on Druddigon, City of Delusion on Yanma, Dangertrout on Totodile, cocoadragon on Sudowoodo , Cpchris on Magby, and lavaburst14 on finally getting Eevee!(I know the feeling XD). I'm here with my Sunday update. I'm on 5,483 RE's in Relic Castle and going strong. I'm really happy with any shiny from here as all these pokemon and their evolutions have great shiny forms. In order I want Sandile first, then Sandshrew, then Yamask. I'm visiting my Auntie and my baby cousin soon, but after that I'll have the rest of the day to hunt and I should hit 6,000 RE's today. Oh and as for what I do while hunting, I enjoy listening to music from my favorite band, The Wanted, watching shiny videos or Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal on Youtube, or watching a good movie/good TV. I also enjoy reading through old shiny threads. Good luck to everyone as always!
    EDIT: I have a question. My Shiny Ponyta was found on a chain of 7, in a non-shiny patch. So does that mean he counts as a chained shiny, or a 1/8192 shiny? Also, is Emerald's RNG only screwed up for SR or for Random Encounters as well?
    ~RaichuArcanine
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 16th June 2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Asked Questions

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Congrats to Grumpy Drizzle on Cottonee and Ralts, and lavaburst14 on Eevee!

Thanks for the congrats HGaddict and RaichuArcanine!

Edit: Oh, Cpchris! I just thought I'd weigh in on your discussion about doing a half BQ or something ... That's a good idea. But here are some other options for you to consider. Some might be a little difficult to do, or you might have to bend the rules a bit.

You could just think of a team in advance, and hunt for a shiny team. Maybe 5 shiny Pokémon, plus some random HM Slave. If you happen to get something other than your target, you could either use that one instead, or consider it a bonus.

You could do a Name Quest, but that might require specific Pokémon that aren't available straight away. However, because it's not a Badge Quest, you aren't restricted by the badges, and can move along at your leisure.
    This can also apply to any word you can think of, too. Maybe the word "SHINY" or something.

Or maybe hunt for shinies of a particular type, like all the Bug types that are found throughout the game normally.

Or what about doing a set amount of REs per route? Like, just say you have to do 5,000 on each Route before you move on, or something.

I know that it doesn't help if you get a different shiny instead, but hey, it would be up to you if you just moved on once you got a shiny, no matter what it is, or you just counted it as a bonus!

Some of the ideas are kind of rough, but something might inspire you.
    The pre-planned team seems nice, maybe I'll try that sometime. I'll still probably try to use only the shiny pokemon I have though if I need to get further in the game for a team member.

I considered doing a name quest at one point, until I saw the only pokemon that begins with "I" that can be obtained shiny without evolving is Igglybuff and Illumise >_> Like you said, I could bend the rules, in which case, I could count Ivysaur, as I've been planning to SR for Bulbasaur when I get to that point in HG.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Bored out of my gourd. I think I may have finally reached my limit. I've lost all desire to hatch eggs,. I spent 3 hours driving around today window shopping, and it's like all the 4th gen cartridges were buried in the desert. But there's plenty of shovelware around, no matter how old. I actually found a Gamestop with a used no-box HeartGold at 5 dollars ABOVE retail, and the guy tried to convince me it was a good idea. No deal. I guess if I wanted a shiny Kyogre so badly, I could transfer a mess of Pokemon off my HG (my 4th gen storage cartridge) onto another one, then restart it.
    Did you try searching Target's website? Granted, there's a good chance it would take a mini-roadtrip...I just tried searching it again for my area, and now with the one that I got mine from is gone (which was already ~25 minute drive), the next closest Targets with HeartGold still in Limited Stock are both an hour west of where I live...The third store (only 3/20 stores listed still have HG in limited stock) is an hour and a half east of where I live...So there's a chance you'll find a store with one, but there's also a good chance it'll be a bit of a drive if there is one. But still, even if there is one an hour or hour and a half away, it would still be a 2-3 hour trip, same time you spent today...Main concern would be gas >.<

---------

Well, I didn't do much more hunting today. I did 200 REs on Platinum, and 100 more on Black 2. Tomorrow I'm working basically all day since I'm a double, so 9:30-~9...Then I'll come home, and I'll be spending time with the relatives for a bit since it's Father's Day. Monday I have a staff meeting at 9 and then work from 10-4, and then who knows what with relatives...Grrr.

Good luck everybody!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Thanks for the advice, CpChris. I just tried Target's website, but this time I navigated (painfully) to the actual game, rather than doing a general search which pulls up no results. I think their search engine needs work. A whole slew of locations near me (including the closest one that I've already been to -_-) come up as "limited stock". I guess this time I'll ask them to check in the stockroom, rather than just perusing what's out there. They must stash a bunch of stuff that nobody ever sees back there.

Page 247 of 947 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast