Page 25 of 937 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

i just want shinies... but im not trying to get one... i got a shiny amoonguss
        Spoiler:- Lvl 100 Pokémon:

Caught a shiny Panpour in Lostlorn Forest in White 2 earlier today.

He has so much swag.

SHINY TIMBURR!! 2,496 encounters! Told you I had a feeling! Am I glad I have Magnemite! Paralysed it with T-Wave, and after two SonicBooms, caught in one Premier Ball! Rash nature isn't the best, but hey, Badge Quest Shiny #3!

Pics to come when I can take them...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Congratulations on the recent shinies everyone! Still no sign of shiny ponyta or a Johto starter but I pretty much just started so I'm not concerned. I have a question for everyone? What is your favorite method of hunting? I wasn't very good at chaining in Platinum but I'll have to try it again sometime. MMing is pretty decent. Although this is my first SR hunt I think I like it. It's really quick and pretty simple. As for RE I've only ever found one but I've never intentionally tried shiny hunting that way so maybe my opinion will change.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    SHINY TIMBURR!! 2,496 encounters! Told you I had a feeling! Am I glad I have Magnemite! Paralysed it with T-Wave, and after two SonicBooms, caught in one Premier Ball! Rash nature isn't the best, but hey, Badge Quest Shiny #3!

Congrats on your 3rd BQ shiny! ^_^ Do you know where you'll be hunting for your 4th yet?

I'm still hunting for my 4th BQ shiny in the desert resort. I'm currently at 2065 encounters.

Good luck everyone.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunches View Post
    Congratulations on the recent shinies everyone! Still no sign of shiny ponyta or a Johto starter but I pretty much just started so I'm not concerned. I have a question for everyone? What is your favorite method of hunting? I wasn't very good at chaining in Platinum but I'll have to try it again sometime. MMing is pretty decent. Although this is my first SR hunt I think I like it. It's really quick and pretty simple. As for RE I've only ever found one but I've never intentionally tried shiny hunting that way so maybe my opinion will change.
    Even though I'm only on my first hunt, I've always found the idea of hunting through REs to be most rewarding for myself. Even just getting pokemon in general, it seems more fun to catch them in the wild. I guess it's just the idea of adventure, even if with RE hunting you're just staying in the same area ˇ.ˇ

EDIT: It'd be fantastic if it didn't take literally over a minute (and not just moving really slow) to get encounters for the greater portion of my encounters...
    Last edited by Cpchris; 25th November 2012 at 3:30 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Yay! gratz on shiny Timburr Master :] Shiny Conkeldurr will be awesome.

@Bunches - My favorite hunting method has to be RE'ing (1/8192 shinies ftw!) but MM would be a very close second since I could get shinies with a good nature and IV's.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Wow, a lot of shinies have appeared since my last time posting! So a big congrats to everyone who got a shiny recently. ^^

I'm currently at 4,242 encounters of Route 9 for my 7th shiny on my badge quest, haven't had as much time for hunting because of the Thanksgiving holiday but I'm trying to get some more hunting done today. =) Good luck to everyone and especially to people who are over the odds.
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Didn't do so many random encounters, I'm now on 1.8k. Monday I shouldn't have much time too so I'll prolly have a new shiny on tuesday or later.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congratulations to all on the awesome shinies
    I just started shiny hunting after i got a random shiny Treecko while breeding, my first ever shiny, that's not an in game event, and i have been playing since red and blue.
    but it inspired me to go shiny hunting, i started MMing for a shiny Mudkip, and i got one in 80 eggs!
    now i have found this amazing thread and the insperation i needed from all the community hunts and my Mudkip, from december im gona start with the community hunts
    Happy hunting everyone!

credit to SEREBII!!

BLACK FC :0090 3060 6783
    BLACK 2 FC : 3440 4353 9691
    3DS FC : 3007 8094 7076
    friend safari : Pansage Ivysaur Quilladin

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post

Yay! That is an excellent shiny to have, major congratulations on the neat catch.

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Yay! gratz on shiny Timburr Master :] Shiny Conkeldurr will be awesome.

@Bunches - My favorite hunting method has to be RE'ing (1/8192 shinies ftw!) but MM would be a very close second since I could get shinies with a good nature and IV's.
    I agree with that, pretty much, other than I can't MM for the life of me, so SRing is a close second. I have never tried a fishing hunt, in fact, so that remains to be done.

Also, I have requested for White 2 for Christmas, so I'll make up my mind about whether my first playthrough should be a BQ.

When I return from the shops, I will have choccy and more motivation, so SRing for Lugia should go well. I'm at a nice 3,465 SRs.

Meanwhile, I am doing some good progress with Fuego Ironworks, I am at 290 REs.

Lastly, I might do a BQ on...Platinum soon, if only up until christmas (White 2). I can't stand the length of the SRs for a starter, I'd rather MM for a starter instead (yeah, sure I will). My first RE will most likely be near Jubilife City. In fact, planned hunts in order as follows:

1) Route 204
    2) Eterna Forest
    3) Wayward Cave (1F) / Wayward Cave (B1F)
    4) Route 210
    5) Route 215
    6) Iron Island
    7) Acuity Lakefront
    8) Giratina

(I'm done, wrote too much)
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

It's picture time!
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/143315.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/143358.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/143410.jpg

IV Spread...
    HP: 9-14
    Attack: 30
    Defense: 26-30
    Sp. Atk: 3-8
    Sp. Def: 1-6
    Speed: 7-12
    Overall, excellent in the key areas, Attack and Defense! Most likely to stay away from Psychic-types though...
    As for my 4th hunt, may go to hunt at Relic Castle...
    Oh, and thanks for the congrats, and GLE!
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 25th November 2012 at 4:01 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

About 1430 eggs hatched for my MM Staryu hunt now. I probably won't hatch as many eggs as I have been though, I have some homework and stuff to do. Good luck to everyone, myself included!:P

Charmander is a kinda easy shiny to notice, so I know I havent missed one. Ugg, how do u ppl SR so frequently wile im whining @ 2,000 something!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

I don't think I'll ever try SRing. The 1/1365 odds of MMing are already low enough for me. =/

Congrats @TheMaster! Glad to see your BQ is coming along nicely. Let's hope it continues!

Done about 500 SR's so far in my dual hunt for Johto starter so I'll get a few more done tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    I don't think I'll ever try SRing. The 1/1365 odds of MMing are already low enough for me. =/
    SRing for johto starters is 1/2730.6, those chances are high.

Right, I have just begun my first Platinum BQ Hunt! I am on Route 204, done 3 REs so far, hoping for Zubat or Starly.

Good luck dan. I do wonder what'll happen if you decide on a BQ? We could race if you want, but you said you haven't made your mind up yet. I wouldn't mind to help motivate you though!

EDIT: Dylz, it's 1/8192 for a starter, but it's quicker as there are three. Basically, it's like you are triple hunting.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 25th November 2012 at 5:23 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Who wanna do a Random Encounter race with me with a Shiny Charm? I kinda lost interest in the Metang.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    SRing for johto starters is 1/2730.6, those chances are high.
    Right... When I said that it didn't occur to me that you see 3 starters at a time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    Right... When I said that it didn't occur to me that you see 3 starters at a time lol.
    Haha, wanna race with SRing johto starters? :-P

Maybe after I get my shiny Staryu. :P

ok, so im at 4,500 REs in pinwheel forest in double grass
    going off the basis that both pokemon in a double battle can be shiny i thought i should do some research to find out how common wild double battles are and i couldn't find anything about the probability of it. So i did some REs and a lil bit of counting and can safely assume its 50% chance of being a double battle. does this mean i am actually at about 6,750 REs?

and congrats on the timburr, im hoping to get a shiny gurdurr from my hunt
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

^What you should do is count a double battle as two encounters, not one. It doesn't matter, but it makes life a ton easier. But I do use a calculator, so it depends really.

67 REs on Route 204. Hoping for Shinx or Zubat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Who wanna do a Random Encounter race with me with a Shiny Charm? I kinda lost interest in the Metang.
    I'd want to, don't have it yet, is there a quick way I can get it?
    Last edited by darkdrapion; 25th November 2012 at 6:16 PM.

Page 25 of 937 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast