Page 252 of 822 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 20548

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Haha, yes! A shiny Terrakion after 72 tries! And it's nature is Adamant! It's perfect!

Next target: Kyurem. Then to trade it to White 2 to see that awesome Black Kyurem shiny coloration.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Yes! yes!! YES!!
    Finally after 1 year, Tepig shone for me on my White version. Now That he is here I might consider starting a badge quest. SRing for a shiny starter was pain, but it's finally over. Sadly he has a Calm nature. I'm not complaining though, especially since I wasn't planning to EV train it anyways.
    BTW, congratz to everyone with a new shiny. I wish I could list the names but I'm really busy with studying for my university exam so I don't have much time. Good luck on your hunts guys and here's a pici of the shiny pigi:IMG_1222.JPG
    BTW, I love my ID number XD
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Haha, yes! A shiny Terrakion after 72 tries! And it's nature is Adamant! It's perfect!

Next target: Kyurem. Then to trade it to White 2 to see that awesome Black Kyurem shiny coloration.
    Seventy-two!? Wow, congrats! c:

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Yes! yes!! YES!!
    Finally after 1 year, Tepig shone for me on my White version. Now That he is here I might consider starting a badge quest. SRing for a shiny starter was pain, but it's finally over. Sadly he has a Calm nature. I'm not complaining though, especially since I wasn't planning to EV train it anyways.
    BTW, congratz to everyone with a new shiny. I wish I could list the names but I'm really busy with studying for my university exam so I don't have much time. Good luck on your hunts guys and here's a pici of the shiny pigi:IMG_1222.JPG
    Oh my gosh! Congratulations! A whole year? o:

{{Currently Attempting to Complete the National Dex, Shiny Hunting Put On Hold.}}

1035 - 0365 - 8116 (PKM White)
    2753 - 2488 - 4151 (PKM Black II)

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Yes! yes!! YES!!
    Oh, shiny Emboar is so awesome... xD
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Guys, please remember to edit posts and not post back to back to back.

The last couple days have seen a few people repeatedly posting short responses - the exact thing we're not supposed to do in this thread.

In shiny related news, my next hunt is going to be for Venipede, but I really need a Pineco to breed Spikes onto it, so I've began putting out feelers to get ahold of one. I can do the rest, I just need one to start. If you know anyone...

Good luck to everyone, and remember to edit those posts!

Edit: FFS. Really?
    Last edited by YNCRN; 19th June 2013 at 10:19 PM.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Woah, congratulations on the extremely quick hunt, AceOfSpadez! Looks like I'm not the only extremely lucky one!

Right now I'm using two DSs, my White DS Lite one I use all the time and my black DS Lite that has its top screen literally hanging off of the bottom. xD But I keep them propped up so that I can do both of them so it doesn't really matter.

On my White version, I'm MMing for a shiny Cyndaquil, and on my Pearl, I'm REing for a shiny on Route 216. Hoping for a shiny Snover or Sneasel.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (MM)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I just reached 14,000 REs in the Dragonspiral Tower. Golurk does not want to shine for me.

20,000 is my absolute limit for this hunt. Don't care what anyone else thinks or says; if this hunt reaches 20,000 without a shiny it's over. My patience and my nerves are already wearing very thin as it is. If the hunt ends shiny-less I might attempt to breed one with my Japanese Ditto, or I might say to hell with Golurk and go try breeding something else.

Hopefully I will find a shiny before this hunt reaches 20,000 REs
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- My Shinies!:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

I've never found my own shiny, even though I've been playing Pokemon literally my entire life. I guess it's just one of those things that only happens occasionally when you're not looking.

I just bought Black 2 and I plan to trade over all of my Pokemon (649 I believe, for the national dex) so I can F I N A L L Y get a shiny charm. I just don't have the patience that some amazing individuals do (I quit MMing Snivy after I hit 2,000 and I'm already getting bored SRing for Virizion after a mere 95 tries). So, I hope the Shining Charm will help inspire me with my first shiny Pokemon!

I'll get the game on Monday~

Which Pokemon should I MM first? I love blue and gold shinies, so I was thinking either Swablu, Snivy or Drifloon.

{{Currently Attempting to Complete the National Dex, Shiny Hunting Put On Hold.}}

1035 - 0365 - 8116 (PKM White)
    2753 - 2488 - 4151 (PKM Black II)

201 REs into my shiny hunt on Route 216 of Sinnoh.

Latest shiny! (MM)

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

congrats to 2rsa for tepig! i've away for a long time, so i am sorry for that blank congrats.
    anyway, i kinda gave up on the CH!
    i am in a very horrible luck moment, so i guess i'll just chill for now!
    anyway, i hope you all do well in your hunts!
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

It's now north of 11,000 SRs for Azelf... Will stop at 11,100 tonight (1,200 today)...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #2 - Route 32

7,200 REs

SS BQ

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Been reading this thread for the last few days now and congrats to you all who have caught any shiny you really do have some patience. Im currently trying to catch my own shiny on platinum with the poke radar and no luck highest chain yet is 18 :-( so not very good at it. Also trying to get a shiny on a little pond just before u go into mt silver to battle with red, only done about 30RE upto yet a long way and alot of luck to go yet i think so any advice to help me will be great
    White fc- 0648 6991 3191 Platinum fc- 0133 3030 7797 Soulsilver fc-4342 3713 5679
    Also have a list of FS/NFS
        Spoiler:- platinum Shiny spoiler:

Spoiler:- Legendaries i have to trade:

Spoiler:- White shinies:

PM WITH ANY OFFERS

301 on my hunt so far. Looks like this will be my first shiny hunt since Volcarona to go over 200! xD

Latest shiny! (MM)

-Elite Four Karen

I'm currently at 5,250 SRs for the Johto starters. I never anticipated this hunt to go so high *_*
    To pass the time I'm watching Marriland's Gates to Infinity gameplay since I never got the game.
    This hunt is my main hunt and I will not stop till one of them shines. Gone too far already.
    I've seem to have lots of bad luck with SRing xD I'm over the odds on both SRs (3,200 still for Braviary!)
    I want to get the BQ started already x_x

Congrats on Tepig 2rsa Glad it shone for you! I'll be hunting him one day as well! Maybe on my white version I'll start a BQ eventually, even though my luck is sucky for SRs xD

I also randomly did 25 SRs for Virizion on my black 2, which I will resume eventually!
    - reopening 8/11
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 36

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

So I was surfing from Cerulean to the cave to train for the E4, and I was annoyed that I had to use a repel just to get away from the goldeens right?

Turns out I caught a shiny tentacool.

Also, I have a shiny Poliwhirl I caught in HG/SS outside Mt. Silver.
    I support a coalition of action against NSA surveillance. Join me – ask US Congress to stop the NSA's alleged actions: stopwatching.us

Hi guys! I'm here!
    So now I'm studying really hard for my last exam (I shouldn't be here, I should study) but you know, it's History, and it's boring so I wanted to give a word.
    I don't really understand the problem with Ruby and Sapphire having an "internal battery" or a "early shiny frame" so can someone explain ? Basically, I wanted to hunt for Tangela in, probably, Leaf Green (100% encounter rate on Route 21 in this game!) and I would like to know if Leaf Green has this same problem of "early shiny frame" or something. If yes I will just change my plans but for now I think it will be it.
    Thanks!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Hi guys! I'm here!
    So now I'm studying really hard for my last exam (I shouldn't be here, I should study) but you know, it's History, and it's boring so I wanted to give a word.
    I don't really understand the problem with Ruby and Sapphire having an "internal battery" or a "early shiny frame" so can someone explain ? Basically, I wanted to hunt for Tangela in, probably, Leaf Green (100% encounter rate on Route 21 in this game!) and I would like to know if Leaf Green has this same problem of "early shiny frame" or something. If yes I will just change my plans but for now I think it will be it.
    Thanks!
    No, Leafgreen does not have this kind of problem, as LG/FR do not use internal batteries.

Basically the shiny frame is generated at the start of the game and only really applies to pokemon you are trying to SR for (as you may SR at the exact same second each time creating an RNG clone), so if you were to encounter with a dry battery on R/S/E the shiny frame doesn't really make a difference as with every encounter you will be encountering a different frame.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shiny: Torchic - Sapphire - 12340 SR x2 + Totodile - Heartgold - 1655 SR x3 (Double shiny) December 7th, 2013.

Hi guys! I'm here!
    Thanks!
    FR/LG have an RNG that works much differently than dead battery R/S and Emerald, since there is no day/night sequence there. Basically, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Anyway, I'm now at 2,500 RE's in Challenger's Cave, so I'm getting some real progress in. That might end soon, since I may or may not be getting Animal Crossing in the next day or so, and then I'm out of town for student orientation on Monday/Tuesday for college, so my progress will stop soon. hopefully not like with Mewtwo Anyway, congrats on those shinies, and good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Hi guys, I haven't been around too much but I'm ready to get back into it as school ended and such!

Firstly to answer your question Papousse, only R/S/E have that issue, you are in the clear with LG

I recently hatched a shiny charmander on my White version with MM, this hunt took 174 eggs after a month of on and off hunting! This beatiful golden shiny hatched this passed weekend on Sunday.

Pics ~~

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/2ujp6ae.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/18zojm.jpg[/IMG]

Furthermore, my most recent shiny is a budew which i chained to 40 this morning, within my first 5 radar resets a shiny patch showed itself
    I am using a Timid natured synch for these budew so most will have a timid nature, I'll show one pic :P

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/314zfb9.jpg[/IMG]

As for current hunts...
    - SRing for a golden drifloon in D/P I am at 7200 SR's, which has been ongoing since the beginning of April
    - I also do some RE's as i SR for drifloon, i switch my targets randomly as i go (I have gotten a shin ekans and rattata so far during the 7200 SR's)
    - I also plan on chaining snease and shuckle in the near future (I really like there alternate colors)

Anyways, Gl to you guys on your hunts and gotta say congrats on your shiny Torchic Ceecee-Typhlosion! Very dedicated and a well deserved shiny after five years on the hunt!
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/jr62ds.png[/IMG]

Hi guys! I'm here!
    Thanks!
    Leaf Green and Fire Red don't have that problem.

The problem with Emerald or DRY internal batteries on R/S is basically this:
    Your game has a list of ~ 32, 000 numbers in a random order when you start the game.
    Only 8 of them will make your pokemon shiny.
    Normally, the game starts at a seemingly random spot in this list of numbers.
    In the games mentioned above, the game always starts in the same place and follows the same path.
    If you're spamming A to SR a starter, you'll probably always end up landing on the same few numbers.
    You can vary your timing between booting up and checking your target, but who wants to boot up a game, and then wait 1 hour before checking?
    That's why if you don't see it within the first 50 SRs, you're probably not going to see it ever on that file.
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

It's been a long while since I posted here, but congrats to everyone on their recent shinies, especially Ceecee-typhlosion on your Torchic and Zane Clarthy on completing your BadgeQuest!

Anyway, I have some big news! After 2,477 SRs on my White version, my shiny Snivy has finally appeared! This is the first time I've ever successfully hunted for a shiny, and marks my seventh shiny in total! Now my BadgeQuest has officially begun! No turning back now. XD

...I don't even know what to say, I'm so excited right now. XD I couldn't believe it when Snivy graced my screen - I wasn't expecting it at all. I just started screaming, "I got it! I got it!" like a crazy person, lol. Just checked its stats and it's male, with a Modest nature and an "impetuous and silly" characteristic. Not great, but a shiny is a shiny! I'll be naming him Louis, after the French king (since Snivy's line has a French motif).

So, I will finally be able to move on to my second target of the BQ, which is going to be the Dreamyard. I'm hoping for either a Purrloin or Munna, but Patrat would be great too! I'll be sure to post updates once I get there (and hopefully I'll be posting more than once every two months!)

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Leaf Green and Fire Red don't have that problem.

The problem with Emerald or DRY internal batteries on R/S is basically this:
    Your game has a list of ~ 32, 000 numbers in a random order when you start the game.
    Only 8 of them will make your pokemon shiny.
    Normally, the game starts at a seemingly random spot in this list of numbers.
    In the games mentioned above, the game always starts in the same place and follows the same path.
    If you're spamming A to SR a starter, you'll probably always end up landing on the same few numbers.
    You can vary your timing between booting up and checking your target, but who wants to boot up a game, and then wait 1 hour before checking?
    That's why if you don't see it within the first 50 SRs, you're probably not going to see it ever on that file.
    So let me get this straight, SRing isn't a good idea in R/S/E?

Latest shiny! (MM)

-Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    So let me get this straight, SRing isn't a good idea in R/S/E?
    Only if the internal battery is dry. If not, the RNG works as normal.

My Shinies

Latest shiny: Torchic - Sapphire - 12340 SR x2 + Totodile - Heartgold - 1655 SR x3 (Double shiny) December 7th, 2013.

And how would one know if the internal battery is dry?

Latest shiny! (MM)

-Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    And how would one know if the internal battery is dry?
    On the menu screen it says 'the internal battery has run dry...' clock based events will not longer work etc.

My Shinies

Page 252 of 822 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast