Page 253 of 946 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 23648

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Ah, cool, thanks.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Congrats to SEGludian on Virizion, Zane Clarthy on Scrafty, Frost Mage on Golbat, Ceecee-typhlosian on Torchic (something, finally!!), AceOfSpadez on Terrakion, 2rsa on Tepig, Crimson Penguin on Snivy,

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Lastly, Cpchris ... if your relatives are so popular and have an amazing business or whatever it is they said, then why do they need to coax relatives into free advertising on Facebook? That would look so cheesy and lame ...
    Heh, well...They like to think it's something bigger than it actually is I don't mean to sound rude, it's just their personalities/lifestyles are quite a bit different from mine. I'm just waiting for Friday to come so I won't have to put up with it any more >.<

I did 500 REs each game tonight, but nothing. So 8,700 REs on Platinum and 2,000 on Black 2. Would be great if Growlithe would finally shine tomorrow so I can start SRing on HG! And still hoping I'll find a shiny sometime after 400 REs :x

Only working 2-5 tomorrow (so far), but not sure what the plans are as far as family. So may or may not get much hunting done...

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Hello Everybody!!
    I have not been posting in a long time and I doubt anyone will remember me but that's OK!
    I have decided to start hunting again after taking a LONG break since the release of Borderlands 2 and other games.
    I was just messing around on my White 2 and found that I had yet to catch Cresselia.
    So I went what the heck lets get that thing to shine!
    Looking forward to X and Y and hunting for some new shines on there!
    Currently in the early stages of this hunt but I will be getting the SR's in whenever I can.
    Good luck to all your hunts and...
    May the shine be with you!
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

HNI_0024.jpg

For some reason I wasn't allowed to post the other day, maybe I posted too soon, eh.

ANYWAYS, on June 17th, I was running on Route 32 for my 2nd Shiny Quest Pokemon and this adorable Wooper appeared! I couldn't believe it! a shiny appeared in only 2 days for me! oh man I'm still so happy about this~
    Soul Silver Shiny/Badge Quest

Recent Shinies
    to be updated sometime.

765 REs and still nothing on my shiny hunt on Route 216. Really hoping for either a Sneasel or Snover, and I better not get a Machoke/Graveller or god forbid, a Zubat. xD

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecee-typhlosion View Post
    No, Leafgreen does not have this kind of problem, as LG/FR do not use internal batteries.

Basically the shiny frame is generated at the start of the game and only really applies to pokemon you are trying to SR for (as you may SR at the exact same second each time creating an RNG clone), so if you were to encounter with a dry battery on R/S/E the shiny frame doesn't really make a difference as with every encounter you will be encountering a different frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    FR/LG have an RNG that works much differently than dead battery R/S and Emerald, since there is no day/night sequence there. Basically, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Leaf Green and Fire Red don't have that problem.

The problem with Emerald or DRY internal batteries on R/S is basically this:
    Your game has a list of ~ 32, 000 numbers in a random order when you start the game.
    Only 8 of them will make your pokemon shiny.
    Normally, the game starts at a seemingly random spot in this list of numbers.
    In the games mentioned above, the game always starts in the same place and follows the same path.
    If you're spamming A to SR a starter, you'll probably always end up landing on the same few numbers.
    You can vary your timing between booting up and checking your target, but who wants to boot up a game, and then wait 1 hour before checking?
    That's why if you don't see it within the first 50 SRs, you're probably not going to see it ever on that file.
    Mh, thanks for the explanations everyone! I don't plan on hunting shinies in my Sapphire because it looks complicated and my game possibly has a non-shiny frame since I started with a normal Torchic and never encountered a shiny in that game (plus my internal battery has run dry). But still, it's a 'bit confused in my head (sorry Dangertrout, but I don't understand the thing of 'booting up' and 'checking' but I also don't understand what you said at last... If after 50 soft resets it doesn't appear, what do you do ? You start another game by deleting the one ?) so I better not hunt in Sapphire, it will help me a lot.
    So I can safely hunt for a Tangela in my Leaf Green game without worrying ? That's great, that's maybe what I'm going to do. I always wanted to see a shiny in a third generation game!
    Congratulations everyone and good luck!
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 20th June 2013 at 2:15 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Mh, thanks for the explanations everyone! I don't plan on hunting shinies in my Sapphire because it looks complicated and my game possibly has a non-shiny frame since I started with a normal Torchic and never encountered a shiny in that game (plus my internal battery has run dry). But still, it's a 'bit confused in my head (sorry Dangertrout, but I don't understand the thing of 'booting up' and 'checking' but I also don't understand what you said at last... If after 50 soft resets it doesn't appear, what do you do ? You start another game by deleting the one ?) so I better not hunt in Sapphire, it will help me a lot.
    So I can safely hunt for a Tangela in my Leaf Green game without worrying ? That's great, that's maybe what I'm going to do. I always wanted to see a shiny in a third generation game!
    In response to the section I underlined, the shiny frame can be anywhere, not just the frame your starter happened to be on. You still have a decent chance of finding an SR shiny, but you won't really be able to tell because you didn't reset your game for a good rng seed. Also, don't even pay attention to REing being different. It's based on time rather than steps/turning/time in battle/etc, so it's really not all that different.

My platinum still hates me and has failed to give me a shiny or pkrs for over 50 hours now. Did I say 50, I meant almost 60 and over 60 by the end of today. Hopefully I get something soon so this challenge doesn't become exactly what it was meant to be... learning the pokemon from my games, especially the ones I have chosen to never use thus far.
    Last edited by rovert; 20th June 2013 at 3:48 PM.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

After reading the past posts its got me thinking.... Would i beable to catch shinie pokemon on my games (whit, platinum, soulsilver) as they are all on a r4 card?
    White fc- 0648 6991 3191 Platinum fc- 0133 3030 7797 Soulsilver fc-4342 3713 5679
    Also have a list of FS/NFS
        Spoiler:- platinum Shiny spoiler:

Spoiler:- Legendaries i have to trade:

Spoiler:- White shinies:

PM WITH ANY OFFERS

Hey everyone! I decided to give Virbank Complex a try for a shiny Patrat and...

Not going to say I'm disappointed at all with this beauty . It's a great shiny that I'm proud 1 premier ball and that baby was mines. It has an impish nature and intimidate. In other news I'm still hunting Moltres sadly at 8175 SRs I could really use a forth gen shiny charm right now (Lol! just kidding) anyway hopefully he shines soon. Call me crazy but I also started hunting for another unova starter, Snivy! Hopefully he doesn't troll me like Moltres is. Good luck everyone!
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Liamb2324 View Post
    After reading the past posts its got me thinking.... Would i beable to catch shinie pokemon on my games (whit, platinum, soulsilver) as they are all on a r4 card?
    Yeah, you can find shinies on an r4. I know of at least one person who has done so. It might take a little getting used to because the rng r4 uses is slightly different. It still has the same odds and is changed by the same things (walking, turning, saving, time during encounters, etc.) all 4th and 5th gen games are changed by, but the actual generation of the numbers is different. It's just one of the values needed to rng abuse is a decent amount lower on r4s than on actual game cards.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonekoshi View Post
    HNI_0024.jpg

For some reason I wasn't allowed to post the other day, maybe I posted too soon, eh.

ANYWAYS, on June 17th, I was running on Route 32 for my 2nd Shiny Quest Pokemon and this adorable Wooper appeared! I couldn't believe it! a shiny appeared in only 2 days for me! oh man I'm still so happy about this~
    I'm so jealous of you! Actually, I did a SS Badge Quest and my first two shinies were Chikorita and Wooper...and they appeared within three days of each other...strange coincidence!

Anyways, currently at 850 REs in the Safari Zone and around 2,675 REs in Acuity Lakefront.

Congrats to all recent shinies, and I wish the best of luck to you all. I'm expecting to be buying a second Platinum that will be mine permanently (the one I'm using isn't mine), so I plan to rush through that slowly...contradictory isn't it? Anyways, I'll plan a team and beat the E4. After that, I'll start setting targets like Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf. I'll knock the pixies out so I can obtain the dex, and then I'll re battle the E4 to respawn them.

But first, Badge Quest needs to be completed! Let me hope that Sneasel/Snover shine soon so I can set up camp in front of Giratina...and prepare for 10,000+...
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodcheese View Post
    Hello Everybody!!
    I have not been posting in a long time and I doubt anyone will remember me but that's OK!
    Every time you post, I always recognize it because of that line.

Anyway, got myself to 3000 RE's yesterday, and I'm working my way up now. This will be my last post for a bit, since I'll be busy with Animal Crossing, but I can still wish you all good luck on your hunts!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    what I meant by booting up was starting your game.
    by checking I meant starting the encounter to rescue the professor to see if the starter is shiny
    And yes, if you don't see a shiny within the first 50 or so SRs, it's better to start a new file.

Like Rovert said, your game will always have shiny frames, but if you want to SR pokemon you need that frame to be at the beginning of the game, not 3 hours after you start the game.
    You could probably still RE shinies without an early frame.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I have news of a shiny!

I was hunting in Johto's Safari Zone and at 1,149 REs, a Shiny Magikarp appeared!

However, I said Safari Zone...and I payed the price, as I watched it flee on the 3rd attempt to catch it =( I will reclaim it as soon as possible.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Hi all!

First of all, congrats to cocoadragon, Drakonekoshi on your recent shinies.

I have a bit of a story - but it's a GOOD one!

Last night I decided to start my Venipede MM hunt. I got a Pineco off of STS, bred Spikes onto a male Venipede, and then stuck my Japanese Ditto and male Venipede with spikes in the daycare to start hatching for better stats.

Well, as luck would have it, after only 9 eggs... 9(!!!!!!!!), a male, shiny Venipede hatched!

This was such a short hunt I almost didn't feel accomplished when he hatched. To be honest, I wasn't even sure it was shiny - I thought it was when I looked at my screen, but as I hadn't looked at hundred upon hundreds of normal Venipedes yet, I wasn't able to tell the difference immediately.

I was awestruck!

And of course, my sig has been updated!

Good luck everyone - hopefully your hunts end soon (or before they even really begin)!
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Thanks for the congratulations everyone and congratz on the new shinies. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by LyreBirdGirl View Post
    Oh my gosh! Congratulations! A whole year? o:
    Yeah, I've been hunting on and off for a little over a year. I even changed from Tepig to Snivy a few times, but I'm glad that Tepig was the one to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Oh, shiny Emboar is so awesome... xD
    I actually like Enboar only for it's shiny version. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post

Congrats on Tepig 2rsa Glad it shone for you! I'll be hunting him one day as well! Maybe on my white version I'll start a BQ eventually, even though my luck is sucky for SRs xD
    Believe me, I'm not lucky with SRing either, I never thought I would be this patient, but it's worth it. XD
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Gratz to maldoror on Golduck, pokermaster13 on Azelf, Cyndajay on Poliwag, Dangertrout on Numel AND Skarmory, TheEliteEmpoleon on Trapinch, ohjeezitskim on Growlithe, Papousse on Latias (epic!), SEGludian on Virizion, AceOfSpadez on Terrakion, Zane Clarthy on Scarfty, Frost Mage on Golbat, Ceecee-typhlosion on Torchic ( yes finally!), 2rsa on Tepig, Crimson Penguin on Snivy, Drakonekoshi on Wooper, cocoadragon on Growlithe, and YNCRN on Venipede!

Whew, a lot of shinies since I last posted o_o!

I've hatched 660 eggs for Swinub and I'm over 10k REs for Pineco! I really wish it would just shine already >.< I've been hunting it for nearly 3 weeks now but I guess this makes up for all the quickies I've been getting lately.. I was bound to get that annoyingly long hunt soon enough and it just happens to be Pineco lol. But I won't give up! It'll shine eventually.

Good luck everyone :]!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

670 REs so far. Well, you can't have incredible luck all the time, I suppose. x) Come on, shine!

-Elite Four Karen

Congrats everybody on all the recent shinies!

I've been on vacation for the last week which is why I haven't posted. I managed to get up to around 2,200 REs in Viridian Forest, so no luck on that yet.

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hey CharizardMaster, how many points so far? ;o;

-Elite Four Karen

15,000 REs... Primus fraggit, Golurk, SHINE ALREADY!!!

After 11,275, the stubborn one appears!

Spoiler:

Did a right number on my team, as well, +6 Sp. Atk with Nasty Plot wreaked havoc...

Almost mucked up as well, as Krookodile had the Rocky Helmet...

Will post IVs in a bit...

EDIT (IVS): 15, 16 / 22 / 8 / 28 / 13 / 31 Verrry workable...
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 21st June 2013 at 1:34 AM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

5,100 Run Aways

Yes!!!! Yes!!!! Yes!!!! After 2,412 eggs I FINALLY got my last Eevee!!!!!! Hell yes! And it is Adamant natured!!! I am done with Eeveesssssssss! I am sooooo excited!!!!

Thanks for everyone who has supported me for these past 6 1/2 months!!! I really appreciate it!!

I have about 200 eggs left to hatch and then it is off the REing in Virbank for hopefully a Koffing!

Congrats everyone and good luck! Eeveelution Quest complete!!!!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Woah, good for you, KittyKitty! Now that is dedication! Enormous congratulations!

-Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Yes!!!! Yes!!!! Yes!!!! After 2,412 eggs I FINALLY got my last Eevee!!!!!! Hell yes! And it is Adamant natured!!! I am done with Eeveesssssssss! I am sooooo excited!!!!

Thanks for everyone who has supported me for these past 6 1/2 months!!! I really appreciate it!!

I have about 200 eggs left to hatch and then it is off the REing in Virbank for hopefully a Koffing!

Congrats everyone and good luck! Eeveelution Quest complete!!!!
    Wow, so glad for you, Kitty'! Hopefully it was a girl... How many females you got ? Two, if I remember correctly (I'm a gender addict, sorry) ? But now it's finally over, so you can move on! I'm excited to see them evolve!
    And I'm in vacation for two months! Yes! My last exam was okay, and now I'm continuing my Leaf Green game (wich I am about to challenge Blaine, need some more training). I can't wait to finish it so that way I'll be hunting for what's next!
    Anyway, good luck everyone!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 253 of 946 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast