Page 257 of 945 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 23621

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I've been hunting shiny Mewtwo for over year on and off (mostly off) and still nothing. I got back in to the mood a couple of days ago so hopefully it shines soon. My gf keeps telling me I'll never get it.
    FC 3351-5069-8758
    Dark type friend safari with Pawniard, Crawdaunt, and Liepard

3x Shiny Halloween 2013 Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, and Drifblim

Wow, looking at this thread and the success some of you guys get makes me want to start hunting for shinies! Seriously, kudos to you all for getting all those shinies. I myself only have two: A Shiny Roserade and a Shiny Kirlia, happily these are two pokemon I actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    Wow, looking at this thread and the success some of you guys get makes me want to start hunting for shinies! Seriously, kudos to you all for getting all those shinies. I myself only have two: A Shiny Roserade and a Shiny Kirlia, happily these are two pokemon I actually like.
    Hehe, trade it for a shiny Golbat? x)

Well today is off to a slow start. Mainly because the only DS I have at my disposal today is my DS Lite with the broken hinges... Pwease shine Sneasel/Snover. :c
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Congrats to Liamb2324, KittyKitty3308 on Magnemite, Zenn of Ascension on Lapras, and ohjeezitskim on Totodile!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Oh and quick question for everyone: Who is planning on or thinking about doing a BQ on X/Y? I have never don't a BQ before I think it would be super fun, but I don't know if I have it in me to do it on a brand new game. I am the type of person that likes to fly through new games just because. I am planning on buying a second 3DS (this time a 3DS XL) so I can get both games and dual hunt. A BQ sounds so fun, so I might just try a dual BQ to try to take my time with the games. So who here is planning on one and who would you be SRing for if you plan on starting with a shiny starter?
    I still plan on doing a BQ on Y. I'm planning on getting X as well to do a normal play-through on, that way, I'll still be keeping up with other people on the new game. And I'll be SRing for Fennekin.

@jadeVelocity: I checked the gallery in your sig, nice work!

----------
    I only did 400 REs today :x I'll do more tomorrow...Something has to shine sooner or later!

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Cpchris; 25th June 2013 at 4:11 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,300 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,300 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,100 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Hiya everyone! First off congrats to Helio, Anothername, City of Delusion, xkatie, Worldwaker, Kittykitty, Zenn, 201238, Ohjeezeitskim, and anyone else I missed. As for me my Horsea finally decided to shine after 2,200 eggs ^.^ I am so happy to have my Horsea and the best part is I got him with the ability I wanted- swift swim! He will go great with my shiny rain team I have been working on for quite some time. My next hunt will be Squirtle which I will be starting here in a few days. Keep up the great work everyone, reading your stories keeps me motivated and shiny hunting. Until next time!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...psebecea27.png
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps9c30641b.png
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Congrats to Helio, Anothername, City of Delusion, xkatie, Worldwaker, Kittykitty, Zenn, 201238, Ohjeezeitskim, Markasdarkas, and everyone else who has recently gotten a shiny.

So I resumed my SS BQ without cute charm and reached 16,360 REs. Hopefully it won't take too long now that I've gotten rid of cute charm.

Good luck everyone on your hunts!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Hey there. Who was the person who was trying to SR for a shiny Torchic in R/S, but got to over 23k SR's with no success? (Sorry, I don't remember your username)
    I know you said your game's internal battery was still working, but just to be sure, did you double check that your game wasn't affected by the Berry Glitch?
    With the Berry Glitch, just like the internal battery running dry, the clock stops working, which means it's as good as a dead battery cart for SRing.
    But the annoying part is that games affected by the Berry Glitch do not have the "internal battery has run dry" message, so you could very well end up with a game that can't be used for SRing without knowing.

Did you get your game's Berry Program fixed? (By connecting it to FR/LG/Emerald or any other method of fixing it)
    If not, then I would highly recommend taking the time to go back to your room in Littleroot, then double check if the time is advancing or not.
    23k Soft Resets is so over the odds (especially considering that SRing for a starter in Gen III means you see twice as many Pokémon in one SR) that I can't help but wonder if your game isn't actually affected by the Berry Glitch (which would really suck.)

Anyways... (or is it "anyway"?) I have started SRing for starters in HG/SS. I will be dual SRing in both HeartGold and SoulSilver, so that should speed things up. Good luck to those who are currently hunting for a shiny, you'll need it. Congratulations on the recent shinies too, and I must give extra congrats to City of Delusion for finding Latios again after SRing over it once already, but this time with the right nature (I've been reading the previous pages from ~160, so I've only seen it now.)

Quote Originally Posted by jellywolffy View Post
    What do you all think about shiny charm?
    Do you think it is a kind of cheat or is just ok to use it?
    I heard from somewhere that some people consider it as cheating and was just wondering about it.
    I don't consider it a cheat, because all the shinies that are obtained from the increased odds are as legitimate as shinies obtained without them.
    Furthermore, you have to put in the effort to fill up the National Pokédex in order to obtain it, so it isn't like everyone is getting one for no effort (It is true that some people fill up the National Pokédex super quickly by transfering Pokémon over from previous generations, but they still put in the effort to complete it, just at a different time. :3)
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 24th June 2013 at 8:01 AM.

I heard from somewhere that some people consider it as cheating and was just wondering about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Hey there. Who was the person who was trying to SR for a shiny Torchic in R/S, but got to over 23k SR's with no success? (Sorry, I don't remember your username)
    I know you said your game's internal battery was still working, but just to be sure, did you double check that your game wasn't affected by the Berry Glitch?
    With the Berry Glitch, just like the internal battery running dry, the clock stops working, which means it's as good as a dead battery cart for SRing.
    But the annoying part is that games affected by the Berry Glitch do not have the "internal battery has run dry" message, so you could very well end up with a game that can't be used for SRing without knowing.

Did you get your game's Berry Program fixed? (By connecting it to FR/LG/Emerald or any other method of fixing it)
    If not, then I would highly recommend taking the time to go back to your room in Littleroot, then double check if the time is advancing or not.
    23k Soft Resets is so over the odds (especially considering that SRing for a starter in Gen III means you see twice as many Pokémon in one SR) that I can't help but wonder if your game isn't actually affected by the Berry Glitch (which would really suck.)
    I'm pretty sure you are referring to ChaoticInverse as I hit 13340 SR x2 before I got my Torchic, however, I replaced all my internal batteries. So we'll have to wait until they come online to ask

I'm not sure cheating is the right word.. however I do find it highly irritating, as people who have done 2k of RE's start complaining (not saying everyone does this) that they have no shiny while others who don't have the charm work for up to 20k or more without anything. I find that many people, just take it for granted.
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 24th June 2013 at 8:20 AM.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Um guys, I was hunting for shinies, i looked into my menu, all of my Pokemon have PKRS on their status, THEY HAVE POKERUS, OH MY GOD, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.
    Soul Silver Shiny/Badge Quest

Recent Shinies
    to be updated sometime.

Congratz to xKatie0391 on Ferroseed, worldwakeron Happiny, KittyKitty3308 on Magnemite, Liamb2324 on Shellos, Zenn of Ascension on Lapras (welcome back!), ohjeezitskim on Totodile, and Markasdarkas on Horsea!

Oh man, oh man, I was reading through Pages ~160 all the way up to the latest post(s), and I couldn't help but feel bad about what you were about to attempt!
    Due to the way Cute Charm works in Gen IV, using it actually reduces your chances of finding a shiny Pokémon by 66.7%

I saw in your signature that you were still stuck on your third BQ shiny, and I'm not sure if someone had pointed this out before (I hope someone did!)

Spoiler:- Technical details:

It's possible someone pointed this out before, since there were at least 70 other pages between your post and this one, but I felt too bad for you and I wanted to warn you as soon as possible.
    Wow! So my shiny male Combee was 1/24576 o_o! It only took 5-6 days of headbutting too xD

I wouldn't say its cheating but I think a lot of the people who oppose the SC think its cheap or that it takes the challenge out of hunting. From my experience with the charm, RE/SR hunts are a lot easier now so I can see why hunters who value the challenge wouldn't like/want it. But it still takes effort to get the charm and its not like once you get the charm It'll start raining shinies, it just makes it a bit easier.

I've put my Pineco hunt into high gear! Hunting it on both games now and I'm almost at 14k REs. I haven't had a hunt this challenging in awhile but I can't wait till it shines :].

Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

19,000 REs for Golurk, still nothing. I'm developing a bit of a twitch on one eye. Figured that I might as well get something out of being stuck in the Dragonspiral Tower for Primus only knows how long and started battling the highest-leveled Golurk I found. My lvl 26 Gabite is now a lvl 48 Garchomp, Chandelure has gone up two levels, and now I can put the lucky egg back on Mandibuzz.

Seriously, Golurk, start shining!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, Cyberra. :c But don't stress out too much (I know that it's easier said than done), eventually you'll get it and it'll all be worth it. I remember you saying that if it didn't shine before 20,000 you'd quit, but if you've gone that long, you don't want all of that time to be wasted, do you?
    I was hoping to beat you to it ¬¬ But you got Golett so quickly. I have the feeling the shiny Golurk is skipping around just out of reach making faces at me and chanting "you can't catch me, you can't catch me, nyah nyah" in the most mocking tone possible.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 24th June 2013 at 11:33 AM.

I'm sorry to hear that, Cyberra. :c But don't stress out too much (I know that it's easier said than done), eventually you'll get it and it'll all be worth it. I remember you saying that if it didn't shine before 20,000 you'd quit, but if you've gone that long, you don't want all of that time to be wasted, do you?

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Congrats to Helio, Anothername, City of Delusion, xkatie, Worldwaker, Kittykitty, Zenn, 201238, Ohjeezeitskim, Markasdarkas, and anyone else I missed. My W2 game officially hates RE shinies, Relic Castle is now on 12,000+ RE's. I'll perserve though. I didn't get to do as many RE's on the weekend as I've been busy reading Defianceby C.J Redwine and it's such a good read. I was meant to do some more RE's during watching TV but I read on the adds instead XD. I have 5 hours to hunt now, and I'll only read for one of them, and spend the rest of the time hunting. Fingers crossed, Relic Castle will give me a Shiny soon-It's three weeks today that I caught my wonderful Eevee(now Flareon). Also, don't give up Cyberra! I know it can be exasperating at times, but persistence is the key to success-something's got to shine eventually! I like the idea of tracking BQ's in the OP as well. Good luck everyone, let's see some sparkles!
    EDIT:
    Personally I don't see using the charm as cheating: it only reduces the odds not guarantee a shiny like RNG or hacking. I only have it on my black 2 and haven't seen much of a reduction in hunt length at all *cough 2,180 Growlithe hatched with nothing cough*. Besides, if you can be bothered with filling the dex, you deserve a reward. I probably won't get it on W2 just because I'm too lazy to transfer all the pokemon over.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 24th June 2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added my opinion on the charm.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

3 shiny in 2 days by chaining started to get addicted. Its cricketot and even carried the chain on and got and 1 with a timid nature the other with modest nature. Currently going to try a chain for a pichu :-)
    White fc- 0648 6991 3191 Platinum fc- 0133 3030 7797 Soulsilver fc-4342 3713 5679
    Also have a list of FS/NFS
        Spoiler:- platinum Shiny spoiler:

Spoiler:- Legendaries i have to trade:

Spoiler:- White shinies:

PM WITH ANY OFFERS

Congrats to Helio, Anothername, City of Delusion, xkatie, Worldwaker, Kittykitty, Zenn, 201238, Ohjeezeitskim, and Markasdarkas

I have more shiny news! Yes that means 7 shinies this month! Continuing to break my record of 5.

2nd Shiny Spearow 2058 HBs

I have good news and bad news...The good news is I caught it and its my 7th 1/8192 shiny this month.. The bad news is this is the only target I didn't want. Oh well its a shiny I'm happy but I will continue headbutting until I get heracross/aipom in this place. But for right now I'm back to my platinum BQ hunting for porygon 350 SRs so far. I'm also still hunting for Moltres thats now at 10518 SRs I guess deserved a long hunt after all my luck this month. Well good luck everyone!
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 24th June 2013 at 3:23 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Last week, I put a female chimchar on the GTS asking for a Darkrai (to be used for future GTS trades). I check back this morning and out comes a level 100 Japanese shiny Darkai. It came from Sinnoh and "apparently arrived at lv. 50", which would point to the Platinum Newmoon Island event. I have no idea if it is legit and cannot imagine why someone would soft reset for it then trade it. Oh well, I won't use it, but put it in the box.
    Pre- Y Shinies:

SR -

MM -

RE -

Gift/Event -

Trade -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonekoshi View Post
    Um guys, I was hunting for shinies, i looked into my menu, all of my Pokemon have PKRS on their status, THEY HAVE POKERUS, OH MY GOD, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN.
    Awesome! I got PKRS in my second SS playthrough near the safari zone. I've see a lot of people on tumblr/youtube get it in SS/HG actually

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    I still plan on doing a BQ on Y. I'm planning on getting X as well to do a normal play-through on, that way, I'll still be keeping up with other people on the new game. And I'll be SRing for Fennekin.
    EXACT thing I'm going to do lol. I'm hoping the starters are like SS/HG though. Looks like there's a good chance, since you see them standing there animated.

I'm sorry, but why does everyone think that this is a confirmation that we will be able to see them shiny before picking them?
    They completely replaced sprites with full animated 3D models, it is only natural that it would show us animated 3D models when choosing your starter.

Of course, it would be very useful if we were able to see them shiny before picking them, but I'm just saying that this isn't a confirmation.

Grats to cocoadragon for the Spearow, I really like that shiny.
    I also see that Drakonekoshi got Pokérus instead of finding a shiny; I find that pretty funny, because a very similar thing happened to me in White 2!
    As I was looking for N's Purrloin on Route 2, I ended up finding the Pokérus instead of finding N's Purrloin.
    I said good chance, not confirmation...
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 24th June 2013 at 5:28 PM.

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    Looks like there's a good chance, since you see them standing there animated.
    I'm sorry, but why does everyone think that this is a confirmation that we will be able to see them shiny before picking them?
    They completely replaced sprites with full animated 3D models, it is only natural that it would show us animated 3D models when choosing your starter.

Of course, it would be very useful if we were able to see them shiny before picking them, but I'm just saying that this isn't a confirmation.

Grats to cocoadragon for the Spearow, I really like that shiny.
    I also see that Drakonekoshi got Pokérus instead of finding a shiny; I find that pretty funny, because a very similar thing happened to me in White 2!
    As I was looking for N's Purrloin on Route 2, I ended up finding the Pokérus instead of finding N's Purrloin.

I guess it's just an assumption. Since your Pokémon is animated, it probably means the three Pokémon are out of their Pokéball to let you choose the one you want the most. In the past games, the character (not you) was choosing the Pokéball without really knowing what's inside, and the only game to do like the possible scenario of X and Y is HeartGold and SoulSilver, since the Pokémon was basically outside of its Pokéball (to introduce the new mechanic of the Pokémon walking out of its Pokéball with you).

So guys, I think I'll try to complete the entire Pokédex to get the Shiny Charm. But for that, I'll need help, I won't be able to get every Pokémon, especially legendaries!
    Is there some volunteers to help me if I need it ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Finally...... This wretched hunt has come to an end!
    Today i am faced with my very first SR shiny, a ........ Cyndaquil!!!!
    Im so happy!
    CH form (5points!)
    Cyndaquil
    Soft reset
    Soulsilver
    No shiny charm!
    Hes got an adamant nature, so i could run a physical typhlosion!
    Thanks for all the support guys and congrats and good luck all!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Finally...... This wretched hunt has come to an end!
    Today i am faced with my very first SR shiny, a ........ Cyndaquil!!!!
    Im so happy!
    CH form (5points!)
    Cyndaquil
    Soft reset
    Soulsilver
    No shiny charm!
    Hes got an adamant nature, so i could run a physical typhlosion!
    Thanks for all the support guys and congrats and good luck all!
    Wow, congrats PaddysTurtwigFanClub xD that's funny I said I hope we get it soon and we both did a day apart! I'm currently hunting Mareep/Bellsprout/Wooper and every other day I'm going to slowpoke well for Zubat!

If I didn't miss mark any EVs, my IV spread is about;
    26-30/27-31/7-11/22-26/9-13/8-12
    @level 20, he's still a totodile. I don't want to evolve him yet and I'm waiting for someone
    on Tumblr to give me a pokemon with Illuminate and an everstone. I'm going to keep him
    totodile till he's close to level 30 since I'm not too big of a fan of Croconaw! I'm going to EV train
    him in Attack and HP

Static in SS doesn't effect getting a shiny, right? (Like cute charm X.X)

Also, sorry posting a lot. This will be my last post until I find a shiny. Good luck hunters!
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 24th June 2013 at 11:40 PM.

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

I am uber busy this month. Since there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the ideas floating around for next month, I need a volunteer.
    Someone to put together a vote for the next CH and let me know what the result is so I can post it.
    VM me if you want to do it.

@Papousse, You should be able to find any pokemon you're missing by going to the trade forum: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...20-Trade-Forum
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

1,800 Heatran now, with a further 1,000-1,100 to come tomorrow... Hopefully this shines early to free up some time... Oh, and congrats on all the shinies!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

2,400 Run Aways

Just got my Emerald in the mail today, yay! Thinking of SRing for a shiny starter... Hmm...

-Elite Four Karen

Page 257 of 945 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast